• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For some reason the typo on skill screens are really triggering me.

Like text was uploaded without a spellcheck being run...

IgnotumCL

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
not bad at all

Wolcen_Lords_of_Mayhem_Screenshot_2020.02.19_-_01.25.49.17_2.png

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
In act 3 and the graphics keep impressing! Sitting in a large room with sunlight pouring in, plus the opening scene was so cool, made me wish we could angle the camera freely.

Am I the only one that stops and just does basic attacks despite having all of these skills. Just got a one handed Hammer and the sound effects and animation and hit effects are just so good. I could make quick work of enemies but love just hacking away with the default attack. I think this feels even better than Diablo 3. It only took 8 years for a game to surpass it when it comes to the combat, but they've done it.

Last edited:

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
End game has been a lot better than I thought it'd be. I didn't think it would be terrible, but honestly figured it'd get pretty stale quite fast. Only 54 (online) but I think there's enough here to easily get myself up to 90. Whether I decide to take another char will depend how that progress goes. But so far, still really enjoying everything.

Wunder

Oct 25, 2017
End game has been a lot better than I thought it'd be. I didn't think it would be terrible, but honestly figured it'd get pretty stale quite fast. Only 54 (online) but I think there's enough here to easily get myself up to 90. Whether I decide to take another char will depend how that progress goes. But so far, still really enjoying everything.

One character can feasibly respec and do anything right? Only barrier is Gold/Essence/Gear?

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I'd rather make new characters with their own look, skills and gear. I'm glad there is some customization. I hope they add more options. It's awesome that people who don't have as much time or don't feel like leveling other characters have the respec option though!

Puru

Oct 28, 2017
Finished chapter 1 with an affliction mage build. The enemies boss included just dies far too fast. Is it harder online (game just doesnt want me to connect)?
In any case its kinda fun so far but it doesn't look like my build would much differently as i lievel up which could become boring. Really wish there were some active skills in the passive ring.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Finished chapter 1 with an affliction mage build. The enemies boss included just dies far too fast. Is it harder online (game just doesnt want me to connect)?
In any case its kinda fun so far but it doesn't look like my build would much differently as i lievel up which could become boring. Really wish there were some active skills in the passive ring.

Are you in story mode? If not, you may have found an OP build since most people even full time Diablo streamers died at the act 1 boss multiple times. Also, you can have 5 skills at a time and each skills has a bunch of modifier, pluse you're not locked into any of the skills, you can go with whatever you like.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Are you in story mode? If not, you may have found an OP build since most people even full time Diablo streamers died at the act 1 boss multiple times. Also, you can have 5 skills at a time and each skills has a bunch of modifier, pluse you're not locked into any of the skills, you can go with whatever you like.

Mage build easily kills the Act 1 boss. Annihilation melts him if you build around that. It makes him move slower as well.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Do levels on gear go higher than 60? Because I am at the point where I am fighting level 100+ things and they still only drop level 60 gear.
What you are seeing is item requirement level which caps at lvl 60, but you can turn on item level in options to see that your ilvl is actually higher.
The higher ilvl, the higher affixes it can roll.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
huh youre right I have 2 items that "add x frost dmg to spells", thats weird. If I remove them, the spells only do 1 ailment (at least on the tooltip), I could swear they did stasis + other stuff before. I guess I had a item that added...err... aether dmg or something?

In case you were not already aware, adding "does X damage type" to your spells will raise their damage (at least according to the character sheet) quite a bit higher than %spell damage. Kind of nonsensical that a low ranking gem that can add 6-6 damage outweighs a 15% spell damage gem.
I kept getting staves that were almost double the level of what I was currently using, but because they did not have any sockets, my spell damage went significantly lower each time, so into the trash they would go. No idea if you can add sockets with the transmuter though.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
Kind of nonsensical that a low ranking gem that can add 6-6 damage outweighs a 15% spell damage gem.
Thats actually not nonsensical, because the base damage of spells is quite low even in end game, so any change to them has an impact where there are a lot of increases on tree, on skills and on items.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Thats actually not nonsensical, because the base damage of spells is quite low even in end game, so any change to them has an impact where there are a lot of increases on tree, on skills and on items.

At what point does the base spell damage catch up to a much lower level gem to make %spell damage effective? Level 70+? Because right now, there hasn't been any point in them, and to make matters worse, as you progress and see new tiers of gems, the disparity only rises. Would they do more if no nodes that increase spell damage were ever selected?

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
At what point does the base spell damage catch up to a much lower level gem to make %spell damage effective? Level 70+? Because right now, there hasn't been any point in them, and to make matters worse, as you progress and see new tiers of gems, the disparity only rises. Would they do more if no nodes that increase spell damage were ever selected?
You can only get flat damage only weapon, gems on weapon, or affixes on rings, amulet and belt, but you can get spell damage increase (50+%) on every slot and on the tree.
Also flat damage doesnt work with ailments damage, but element/material/occult damage increases do. There are pros and cons to both.
In the end though you want all of them on an item :)

Last edited:

Alrus

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
In case you were not already aware, adding "does X damage type" to your spells will raise their damage (at least according to the character sheet) quite a bit higher than %spell damage. Kind of nonsensical that a low ranking gem that can add 6-6 damage outweighs a 15% spell damage gem.
I kept getting staves that were almost double the level of what I was currently using, but because they did not have any sockets, my spell damage went significantly lower each time, so into the trash they would go. No idea if you can add sockets with the transmuter though.
You can add sockets with the jewel merchant

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
my issue with the whole "adds element to spell dmg" thing is, does it ADD or replace? because the tooltip only shows 2 at all times, 2 types. are the rest hidden?

like I now have a legendary ring that adds fire and lightning dmg. sure enough most skills now should do burn and shock ailment, and yet some shot burn+whatever default it has, and just one of them shows shock+default. Is it a tooltip issue, is it random, who knows with this game :p

Anyway my all ailment infinity blade build is fun and shit melts but Im also super squishy and die alot more (espcially when my opener is teleporting into packs/bosses with light bringer to start the ailment train. Gonna go back to the safety of my summon / ailment build so I can hang back lol (and the patch notes mentioned some summon buffs/fixes anyway so I was always going back)

Something ive noticed, the prices for the city stuff seemed way too high at first but its actually pretty manageable. You come out of big sessions of expeditions with like 50k, 100k, 150k gold depending on your sessions by just vendoring all the yellows and maybe being lucky with beetles (me and Merkunt were finding a lot) and Ive been both doing a lot of the pricey projects (I have more than half done I think), and also ive been respeccing a lot and im never out of affinity which was another of my fears, you find a ton of skills all the time (I actually have all the sklls learned on my character so I can just "sell" them by right clicking them on the spot).

And the city thing is a nice little meta game, not amazing but I like it. The game continues to have a lot of neat things clouded by the horrible state its in >_>

Oh and my sessions have been productive

NF9sM8r.png

yJKnLmV.png

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
depends on how much you're paying for it
i think it's at 45 usd now? then definitely a no from me

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
depends on how much you're paying for it
i think it's at 45 usd now? then definitely a no from me

its 35€ / $40 and whatever else in other regions

speaking of money (teehee), here's a tip for gold making, when you get maps to use in expeditons, always choose the ones that say "has higher population of wealth omens", wealth omens are the gold beetles.

Last edited:

Tangyn

Oct 29, 2017
Finished the story at 11.30pm last night! Was alright I suppose. I need to work on my build.... Using melee, sword and shield with anvil and Thor's hammer which is working so far but need to work out how to scale it up or perhaps transition to the spinny blade skill. Dunno yet.

Will jump into the endgame stuff tonight after work! Exciting

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

Never tried that end game, but during the story, I got the message from the vendor that I could not change the socket unless the item already had one on it, and the only tabs were to remove a gem, buy a gem and change a socket.

my issue with the whole "adds element to spell dmg" thing is, does it ADD or replace? because the tooltip only shows 2 at all times, 2 types. are the rest hidden?

like I now have a legendary ring that adds fire and lightning dmg. sure enough most skills now should do burn and shock ailment, and yet some shot burn+whatever default it has, and just one of them shows shock+default. Is it a tooltip issue, is it random, who knows with this game :p

What I read elsewhere was that you can have any number of damage types added in to your overall damage, and it all counts. When you see ailments though, only the ailments that have the highest combined total will proc their effects (although you are still getting the damage from those that do not proc). Also, are you opening up the expanded menu for the skills, or just hovering over the icon?

Also, you know what other ailment build is really stupid? Elemental with quite a bit of reduced cooldown, and double lightning anomaly. It's so dumb, and I have the single pet to tank, and use elemental gunslinger's mark to quickly get my willpower back, and to also liberally use fire solarfall (the combo melts bosses fast). I couldn't find a good elemental spell to use that worked on bosses too. Chain lightning was really great for trash, but then I could not get two different ailments up on the boss easily, so I just decided to go for the nuclear option instead. Putting that on pause for a bit though after unlocking some stuff in the town. Don't have any real issues in the dungeons with it, but it's not as fast as I'd like.

Last edited:

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Got my refund. Might revisit the game next year when they got their things together and the servers are still up.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh

Duplicated skills DO work to have more pets, I knew duplicate skills shared cooldown, so I assumed if you had two of the same pet skill, the original would keel over dead if you cast the second.... this, this just opened up a whole new world of possibilities. Or it would if there were more skill slots, or at the very least if there was more than 1 pet focused tree for passives. Cant have 6 pet skills (3 original and 3 copies) and then nothing to cast and a bunch of wasted passives :(

Still, its neat tho, you can have the tank golem and the mage golem for example. Stuff like that. The duplicate is back to lvl 1 and is independant of the other one.

LSngrqk.png

The shared cooldown thing is true btw, when I cast the golem taunt shout thing for example, the other one also goes on cooldown (and doesnt cast of course)

edit: thinking about the duplicate skill system I'm not even sure how you would use it since they share cooldown. Ironically the best use would be for pet builds if there wasnt the problem I talked about before. I guess the idea is to have the same skill with different modifiers but I cant think of any situation where you would want that.

Last edited:

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
What are good trees to get more tanky. My build is a melee caster using the kratos whips as Rage dumps with the mage summon to make use what I built into plaguebearer to get the poison aoe around me.

Since lvl 1 I put 6 into ferocity and 4 into toughness each lvl up

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
What are good trees to get more tanky. My build is a melee caster using the kratos whips as Rage dumps with the mage summon to make use what I built into plaguebearer to get the poison aoe around me.

Since lvl 1 I put 6 into ferocity and 4 into toughness each lvl up
Covert Operative (+100% increased dodge chance when hit) and then stack as much dodge chance score on gear, Dire Juncture (40% of hit is delayed by 1s) Also get Bulwark of Dawn skill with second rune (increased tick rate of healing).
You are almost immortal with this setup as Bulwark of Dawn heals to full health every 0.5s.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So if I'm playing a gunslinger, dexterity just makes my auto attack go faster pretty much yeah?

Seems like ferocity would be better for higher crits with skills?

zon

Oct 28, 2017
Just a warning, the overload mechanic you get from one of the major keystones on the outer wheel doesn't seem to work. It might give a small damage boost on regular attacks but it does nothing on the skills. My melee skills does the same amount of damage at 0 charges or 6 charges.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
So if I'm playing a gunslinger, dexterity just makes my auto attack go faster pretty much yeah?

Seems like ferocity would be better for higher crits with skills?
That's what I've been doing and that's how someone explained it to me. I've been weighted more towards dex and toughness with ferocity in 3rd. Trying to make sure I'm able to take the hits when they come.

VWdrewz

Oct 31, 2017
Still haven't been able to play(AUS). Really hoping they give us more capacity soon, if I can't play by the time I get home on a week night the weekend looks like it'll be another disaster.

Whilst I'm waiting, can I feasibly stick to a bow build throughout my entire campaign/levelling?

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Still haven't been able to play(AUS). Really hoping they give us more capacity soon, if I can't play by the time I get home on a week night the weekend looks like it'll be another disaster.

Whilst I'm waiting, can I feasibly stick to a bow build throughout my entire campaign/levelling?

No issues playing on Aus this evening after not being able to connect for the last 2 days.

Is your sever selection set to Asia Sydney instead of auto select? Maybe that is a factor..

zon

Oct 28, 2017

I tried bow on my offline character and it's definitely more squishy than my melee guy I play online. Trash mobs die faster with the bow build but it dies much easier against the yellow mobs/bosses.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017

So, I have no idea what non socket item I tried to re-roll the first time, but I don't recall it being a unique. Since it didn't work that time, I never bothered with any items at that vendor that were not already socketed. Just tried it again for the hell of it, and sure enough it works on regular gear. There's quite a few decent staves that I trashed too because I wasn't able to raise my overall damage if they didn't already come with sockets.
/sigh

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Act 1 boss down. Bladestorm and self-buff build. Juggernaut is fun too, lets me stay in the thick of it while bosses do their big moves.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Covert Operative (+100% increased dodge chance when hit) and then stack as much dodge chance score on gear, Dire Juncture (40% of hit is delayed by 1s) Also get Bulwark of Dawn skill with second rune (increased tick rate of healing).
You are almost immortal with this setup as Bulwark of Dawn heals to full health every 0.5s.
Neat, I already got bulwark rn and using it as aoe damage on top of that but for gear I'm only prioritizing movement speed rn to rush through the campaign faster.

KKRT

Oct 27, 2017
So, I have no idea what non socket item I tried to re-roll the first time, but I don't recall it being a unique. Since it didn't work that time, I never bothered with any items at that vendor that were not already socketed. Just tried it again for the hell of it, and sure enough it works on regular gear. There's quite a few decent staves that I trashed too because I wasn't able to raise my overall damage if they didn't already come with sockets.
/sigh
Items up to certain ilvl, i think its 10 or 12, do not roll sockets.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
The issues must be luck of the draw as I've seen none of them. At least none of the big ones like losing characters, transmogs, progress etc. I've played some offline but mostly online now because of GE Force Now. Thank goodness for GE Force Now or I'd probably be playing the campaign for another two weeks if I couldn't play during down time at work. Wife plus kids and 2 hours at the gym will do that. I beat the game this morning and really enjoyed it! I'll dive into some end game stuff tonight.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
i finally got parasite skill
1st mob i used it on is the zombie spawner, i literally have a zombie army lmao
think i'm ditching annihilation for this, it's too funny

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Never tried that end game, but during the story, I got the message from the vendor that I could not change the socket unless the item already had one on it, and the only tabs were to remove a gem, buy a gem and change a socket.
It depends on the item. It seems that the uniques are completely locked but a rare (yellow) like a weapon or amulet/ring/belt can still have them added if they drop without one. Not sure if it's 100% of the time but every time I've tried to add one on those it was no problem.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there more warrior skills later or is it limited compared to the others? Feels like you basically just have anvil, bladestorm, kratos blades, the whirling axe, and a few support skills.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
Are there more warrior skills later or is it limited compared to the others? Feels like you basically just have anvil, bladestorm, kratos blades, the whirling axe, and a few support skills.
Sounds like how I feel playing ranged. Started with gunslinger and then got tired of it so I tried railgun, split shot, wailing arrow, and now I'm back to gunslinger because all of them suck.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think spells have more options but ranged feels limited on skills too.

Its just Havoc gun, Railgun, Split shot, Wailing Arrow (which is on a cooldown so you can't use it as a primary skill unless you have a ton of CDR investment), Phantom Blade (has cooldown/uses charges) and Gunslinger.

Havoc Rail, Wailing Arrow and Gunslinger are the only ones that can dish out enough damage. Split Shot is really awful and has insane start up time as well.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like how I feel playing ranged. Started with gunslinger and then got tired of it so I tried railgun, split shot, wailing arrow, and now I'm back to gunslinger because all of them suck.

theres only 40 skills overall in the game.