• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
The combat in this game feels great which is a weird thing to say for an ARPG, I think. Like it's meaty. Absolutely looking forward to the release. Looks great!

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
But how many enemies can it display at once, that's why I like these games, the mayhem.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Impressed at what seems like a big turn around, early on the word of mouth was very bad for a while.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this is blasphemy to ask for some of you, but is this going to have controller support? I like Diablo style games but only if I have direct control.

exofrenon

Mar 30, 2019
This came out of nowhere and it looks amazing. I though we were a couple of years away from Diablo 4 levels of graphics, but this is already there and it is from an unknown developer. Good job.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Interested in this too. Really curious to see what the full release word of mouth is. Seems like the last few builds in the early access have been well received.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Does the game have any kind of after story end-game? Like PoE and Diablo has?

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
How's performance? It's very pretty and I can imagine it might struggle with lots of enemies on screen.

DarkStream

Oct 27, 2017
Bought it yesterday. Feels good!

To be honest, it's just nice to have a game that looks great with its shiny graphics. Where D3 and PoE falter. Skill System is also nice. Love the passives skill disk turning idea.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Does the game have any kind of after story end-game? Like PoE and Diablo has?
Yes. Here's the full explanation of endgame in Wolcen.
When you complete the three acts, you can access the endgame mode with all your characters. This game mode allows you to level up a new character without doing the campaign if you wish, by doing randomly generated dungeons. But mostly, it unlocks the endgame content and its rewards.

The endgame feature allows the player to construct buildings and complete projects for the City of Stormfall. These projects require resources that you will be able to gather by completing random dungeons with or without modifiers. The harder the challenge, the faster Projects can complete. As usual, completing higher dungeon difficulties will also grant you with more interesting rewards.

Once you complete a project, you obtain its dedicated reward and unlock other projects, which provides you with more and more interesting rewards, including additional bank tabs, talent points, components, dyes, and other cool stuff.
steamcommunity.com

Steam :: Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem :: Fashion, skills, and endgame!

The release is only in 6 days now, and in addition to some skills details, we’re also going to introduce some new stuff: the endgame, and the cosmetic inventory!

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Ok caved in. Won't try it until release.

I hopeit's popular enough that it has some support until the 'bigger' hitters release (D4 / PoE2).

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Guys if you like ARPGs don't sleep on this game. The combat is excellent. Fast and each attack feels like it has weight to it.
The leveling is a mix if D2/D3 and PoE. You get stat points to pump into 4 different stat blocks. Your skills level up and have modifiers. There is a passive skill grid that you can go through that has 4 layers. You can rotate the layers to mix and match how you want to level to process.
Did I mention the combat is fun?

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Bought it a few months ago but wanted to wait until it was out of ea to play it. Looking forward to trying it out.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Yep, bought it a long time ago. Played it off and on. Looking forward to release.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Is controller support coming soon?

Not at launch, devs said it is in the works though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think the big point to mention is the game hasn't been updated for quite some time but devs have been doing weekly vids of progress updates, so I'm expecting a rather comprehensive patch when the game leaves early access tomorrow.

Also consider once the game leaves Early Access it's price may increase as typically the case most of the time, so something to take note of if anyone on the fence with the intent on purchasing the game.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Guys if you like ARPGs don't sleep on this game. The combat is excellent. Fast and each attack feels like it has weight to it.
The leveling is a mix if D2/D3 and PoE. You get stat points to pump into 4 different stat blocks. Your skills level up and have modifiers. There is a passive skill grid that you can go through that has 4 layers. You can rotate the layers to mix and match how you want to level to process.
Did I mention the combat is fun?

Should be interesting how much the game changes once the release day patch happens. The last significant Beta update was 5 months ago. So nearly a half a year of polishing and updates to be seen on the 13th. I am looking forward to it.

Nihilus

Oct 28, 2017
Been playing for 2 days and it is damn good. There will be a price increase on release btw.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Gamestar scored it 69/100

Initial score was 84/100.

Crashes, disappearing objects and adjustments, AI dropouts and other technical defects spoil the fun.

PRESENTATION

Pros
  • great graphics
  • orchestral soundtrack
  • good sound effects
  • spectacular cutscenes
  • cool gear and character customizations

GAME DESIGN

Pros
  • solid combat system
  • excellent talent tree
  • fun endgame
  • fun skill system enables different playing styles
Cons
  • Genres limit skills and spells

BALANCE

Pros
  • Story mode for casual gamers
  • very customizable endgame challenge
  • (optional) extra heavy mode for multiplayer
  • intuitive talent tree without useless gap fillers
  • easy resetting of character values

STORY / ATMOSPHERE

Pros

• great story presentation thanks to cutscenes
  • well-staged game world
  • some bombastic boss fights
Cons
  • Act 2 suddenly ends at the best place
  • abrupt, confusing ending

SCOPE

Pros
  • three big story chapters
  • very extensive endgame
  • around 40 skills and spells
  • heaps of equipment
Cons
  • Campaign looks incomplete

www.gamestar.de

Wolcen im Nachtest: Ist das Hack & Slay 2022 problemlos spielbar?

Wolcen hat 2020 viele Action-Rollenspieler enttäuscht. Seitdem haben Patches Bugs behoben und Inhalte hinzugefügt. Was bedeutet das für die Wertung? - Wertung

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow, I forgot about this game. I skipped on early access and didn't know it would be launching so soon. Guess it's time to check out what all is coming in release and if it's worth buying.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
That female character design straight out of 2002.
Honestly, it's a massive turn-off for me - especially when the game is pretty directly competing with Path of Exile (which is far better on this front overall). Makes me wonder how many women were involved in development.

A shame, as the game actually looks like one of the better Diablolikes in recent memory.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
I believe they're raising the price rather significantly (44.99 usd) on release so if you're interested in the game It's in early access still and you can get it for cheaper right now.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
How's performance? It's very pretty and I can imagine it might struggle with lots of enemies on screen.
I've been playing the latest beta update on a 3770k, GTX680, 16GB DDR3 and it sits at solid 60FPS on medium settings which still look bloody good by the way. It didn't perform as well in earlier builds so they have optimized it pretty well from what I've seen.

I believe they're raising the price rather significantly (44.99 usd) on release so if you're interested in the game It's in early access still and you can get it for cheaper right now.
Yes the price is increasing from $29.99 USD to $44.99 USD on release. Grab it now if you're interested in it.