• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That's soonish... I might pick it up a bit later. Just finished Doom, which was excellent and even better with gyro controls. Challenging boss fights now beatable on first try.

Kamiyouni

Oct 30, 2017
Hope it does well, because all the switch needs is Fallout and it'll be up to date with Bethesda.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
A little late, I think. There are no major releases until then except for Wii U ports. It's going to be one boring spring.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Mario Tennis launches a week before

Mario Tennis on the 22nd.

I suspected as much.

YS VIII is the day before I believe.

Ok, this one I had lost track of completely.

EDIT: Also that looks most impressive if that's actual Switch footage. Hard to tell due to the quick cuts and it being a youtube video of course but I thought the lower resolution (whatever it actually is) and texture quality would be more noticeable.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent, sooner than I expected. There's a lot of stuff coming in that June-July window, and I'm predicting Dark Souls may end up there too. Lots of room for first party titles in the second half of 2018 now.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Day 1. Excited to finally try out a game in this series, it looks really fun.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I only really saw one frame dip during one of the blue explosions/up close kills (no idea what else to call it) at around 0:37.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Awesome! Pricing is a bit off for me, but I may pick it up on sale at some point.

What we should really talk about is what the fuck Nintendo's game cart sizes are doing to box art. This is atrocious!

81xTBMnzuSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
Actually I was expecting it to be released around October. Killing Nazis on beach seems pretty fun. I might double dip

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, the visual downgrade is obvious, but hot damn does that look good for the hardware it's running on. I held off on the PC version specifically so I'd have something to play on Switch and I'm feeling pretty good about that decision right now.

The timing is not amazing. A month earlier would have been perfect, as June is a wasteland for Switch, but this is inching close to Captain Toad and Octopath. Still, I'm in.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
People are actively looking for the most minor frame-drops at this point. What we saw won't be a big deal to 99% who buy this game.

Awesome! Pricing is a bit off for me, but I may pick it up on sale at some point.

What we should really talk about is what the fuck Nintendo's game cart sizes are doing to box art. This is atrocious!

Not gonna lie, I went from a "maybe" to a "no" because of this.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
A little late, I think. There are no major releases until then except for Wii U ports. It's going to be one boring spring.

Third parties left money on the table in the first half of 2018. Now it's all bunched up in summer.

Toad. Crash. Octopath. Dark Souls. Tennis. Wolf2. Sonic mania plus. Octolings.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Probably won't pick this up till September.

It's sandwiched by some other games I want more.

I hope it doesn't under perform to Bethesda's expectations.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
One good thing about going all digital is that requiring extra downloads has absolutely no bearing on me.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
I'm uhhh... Not seeing these egregious "dips"... Are people just desperate to be quoted or what?

Gonna be a busy month or so on Switch for me between Mario Tennis, Wolfenstein and Octopath.

Edit: forgot about octolings and Toad! Donkey Kong in a week or so. Damn.... I'm buying all that shit.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017

If they require those notices on the boxart I really wish Publishers would give us double sided artwork so we could flip it over and be able to enjoy the artwork without the notice.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
22/6 : Mario Tennis -> 28/6 : YS VIII -> 29/6 : Wolfenstein 2 -> 10/7 : Crash Bandicoot -> 13/7 : Octopath Traveler and Captain Toad Treasure Track

That's a lot in two weeks. And most summer games aren't dated yet.

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'll probably pick this up. I enjoyed DOOM on Switch, and I liked the first Wolfenstein on PC. Pretty cool this is coming too.

Also not seeing any particularly bad dips in framerate, not sure what those people were referring to.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
22/6 : Mario Tennis -> 28/6 : YS VIII -> 29/6 : Wolfenstein 2 -> 10/7 : Crash Bandicoot -> 13/7 : Octopath Traveler and Captain Toad Treasure Track

That's a lot in two weeks. And most summer games aren't dated yet.
I'm picking up Ys, Wolf, Crash, and Octopath.

My backloggery page is gonna be so lit.

And who knows when Dark Souls is gonna drop. Man, this is messed up in a good way. Literally too many games to play in such a short time.