• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
OP is making me want the game and those red colored joycons lol.

I think I'll pick this up once it hits a lower price point. I'm not a huge fan of FPS but I really enjoyed Doom and the premise of this game interests me. I'll have to get TNO/Old Blood on PS4 as well since it seems they won't be bringing them to Switch ever.

Oct 28, 2017
Finished it just now and really disappointed that the vault (that big door with the yellow label in the hub's second floor) never unlocks on the Switch version. On Xbox/PS4/PC it does after the third level or so and gives you access to the DLC campaigns (Which I thought they'd include, but they didn't. Come on now), the combat simulator which is sort-of like Doom's arcade mode but in smaller areas (same as TOB's basically) and any readables you missed in areas you can't revisit. I thought they changed it so it'd unlock after the credits but no such luck. Oh well.

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
so i bouht the spanish version to circumvent the censorship in germany but it looks like its censored anyway? i bought my ps4 version of 1 in the uk and im pretty sure it had swastikas in ot.. anyway fuck this kind of censorship its not like the nazis are depicted as the good guys

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Cant wait to jump in, yet I sense a general lack of excitement about this release. Wont stop me to buy this after Octopath Traveler. I think its overpriced for the kind of game it is so maybe a price drop will happen rather soon.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Anyone else encounter the weird bug where you can't navigate menus? I mean, you just have to restart your switch to fix it, but it was startling at first. A button still advances them but you can't scroll through them.

Brivs

Creative Director, BancyCo
Verified
Nov 4, 2017
Toronto
Anyone else encounter the weird bug where you can't navigate menus? I mean, you just have to restart your switch to fix it, but it was startling at first. A button still advances them but you can't scroll through them.

Yes, I got this bug too. I think it's similar to the bug that was in Doom as well?

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cant wait to jump in, yet I sense a general lack of excitement about this release. Wont stop me to buy this after Octopath Traveler. I think its overpriced for the kind of game it is so maybe a price drop will happen rather soon.
I hope it does. It really is a pretty solid game, not amazing, but a good game still. It just isnt priced right.

DiK4

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Yes, I got this bug too. I think it's similar to the bug that was in Doom as well?
Yes, I went looking for this thread because of it.

I remember something similar happening in Doom. Annoying, but the game is awesome so far. It's a little blurry in handheld mode but still looks pretty damn good. Docked is noticeably better, either way no slowdown though.

Hope we keep getting more games like this and Doom.

Brivs

Verified
Nov 4, 2017
Toronto
I must say, I am enjoying the absolute heck out of this game. I played Wolf2 on PS4 to a point last November, but because of the initial difficulty weirdness, and the fact that I just don't think I was in the mood for it, I flaked out about 30% of the way through.

Got excited for the Switch release after listening to the soundtrack nonstop, and now I'm about 70% through the game and loving every moment. I have a 4K TV en route to me today, so it probably would have made sense to get it again for my PS4 Pro, but a good game is a good game, even in 540p. :-) I just can't stop playing, and am having a grand ol' time.

Is... is this what joy feels like?

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I played a few hours yesterday, the game is a lot of fun and looks really, really nice in motion. Definitely a bit blurry in stills but it's really not all that hard to adjust to.

Motion aiming works great, though the default sensitivity was a bit low for me.

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
Downloaded it this morning and I'm really enjoying it. The graphical issues were overblown, lol, it looks and play perfectly fine. I'm at the Roswell Nazi base right now and aside from some bad level design (New York) it's all been great. I kinda want to get DOOM now.

And, lol:
DhV9OfGV4AERiWp.jpg:large
Damn that's good one lining right thur

Definitely low resolution but looks more than playable, very nice for a mobile platform

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is... is this what joy feels like?
Welcome to the wondrous life of switch gaming. Where no resolution matters, where gfx are not that important. I've been playing Fortnite on Switch for nearly 40 hrs in the last 2 weeks. Lot of that time was on a 4k Set. Respite having a PS4 pro and a very capable PC...

xeroborn55

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the process of moving and was in the market for a switch game. Thought I would check this one out. Sort of equally curious about the game itself and also how it runs on the switch. The resolution I don't think will bother me as long as the framerate is solid which it appears to be.

Downloading now.

Dec 23, 2017
Pretty good so far. Still waiting on the game to open up a bit. No complaints at all. I will buy any and every port that can be at least this good. So far I have only played in handheld mode.

Oct 28, 2017
I finished the game yesterday, it was my first FPS since Bioshock Infinite back in 2013/14 and incredibly fun! I think I'll try to go for 100% since I really like the gameplay. The story was alright but I can't be the only one a little underwhelmed that the final boss was just two mega Nazis instead of something more important.

If you want something "new" unlock the Roswell city district and the Mesquite one. They're technically new bonus levels compared to the rest of the districts which are basically level replay.

If you kill all commanders you unlock a bonus mission but it adds no story/dialogue and it's extremely lame - just a bunch of pitch black cramped metal corridors with robot enemies. No idea why it's even there.

Brivs

Verified
Nov 4, 2017
Toronto
I finally finished the main game today, and had an absolute blast the whole time through. I found one other tiny bug; where I got stuck while looking at a postcard and couldn't exit. Luckily, I made a save of my game and that forced me out of the item view, and back into main gameplay.

I played the majority of the game on my TV with the Pro Controller. Kind of seems silly to play this version of the game on the big 4K TV, but I didn't even care; I was having too much fun!

Still pretty amazed to see how well this translated to the Switch. I've bought all three of Bethesda's ports, and have thoroughly enjoyed each one.

iamaustrian

Nov 27, 2017
Good news for german/austrian uncut retail gamers:
I imported the uncut (swastika etc) UK version and even after the mandatory 8GB download the game is still intact(means: uncensored).

no probs

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

The soundtrack is really, really good. Killin Nazis to this is awesome.

Also, I played New Orleans in handheld mode just a while ago, it hold up pretty well! Here's two screenshots, I love that they kept all the visual flair from the PS4/XB1 version, the game is very pretty.
DhXsJp8VAAADW4U.jpg

DhXr7Q8UcAE1l5e.jpg

How does the framerate hold up for you in New Orleans? In the ghetto district, right where you are in those shots, I get the weirdest performance. If I'm sitting still and pan the camera around, the framerate is solid and smooth. However, the moment I start walking, it becomes a choppy mess and skips frames like crazy. This, combined with things like the menus taking a few seconds to appear and some videos skipping frames, makes me think my run-off-the-mill SD card is limiting my performance when it comes to loading in the megatextures.

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
I had the same problem in New Orleans once I went back to kill the Ubercommanders, despite having killed all the enemies and sitting in some more closed off areas the framerate was still pretty choppy, even inside the wall where there's not that much geometry and stuff to render. I'm using a 100MB/s 64GB SanDisk and the game is fully downloaded.
Yea, there's something weird going on with that level. I was surprised the resolution low once you get inside even though other areas of a similar size look much better in earlier levels.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I had the same problem in New Orleans once I went back to kill the Ubercommanders, despite having killed all the enemies and sitting in some more closed off areas the framerate was still pretty choppy, even inside the wall where there's not that much geometry and stuff to render. I'm using a 100MB/s 64GB SanDisk and the game is fully downloaded.
And then you sit still and pan the camera around, and the framerate is fine?
In any case after playing the whole game, the fog/volumetric lighting effect just kills performance. Even when you are inside, like in that tiny bunker in New Orleans that performs way worse than every other bunker in the game. I don't know why, to be honest. Other games on the system pull off similar fog effects just fine on top of everything else.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I finally started playing it over the weekend, and plowed through about 40% of the game. The blurriness is quite noticeable, but not something I thought about after 5 mins. Too busy having a blast! on "don't hurt me" difficulty because I'm a wimp

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get it

I played the demo on Xbox two nights ago and it controlled fine.

I get the Switch version in today from GameFly and they're overly sensitive. I'm really struggling with the controls here. I used my Xbox one controller (using USB adapter) and the joycons and things move too fast even when pulling the sensitivity down to 28 vert and horz .

Also my left joycon must be messed up because there are moments when BJ won't stop moving forward.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I don't get it

I played the demo on Xbox two nights ago and it controlled fine.

I get the Switch version in today from GameFly and they're overly sensitive. I'm really struggling with the controls here. I used my Xbox one controller (using USB adapter) and the joycons and things move too fast even when pulling the sensitivity down to 28 vert and horz .

Also my left joycon must be messed up because there are moments when BJ won't stop moving forward.

That's a known issue with dirt in joycon. Might need to send it for repairs.

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I haven't played the first game... So I'm hoping they port that over at some point. I'm gonna wait on buying this till I play the first.

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017
I need to beat The New Order so I can start this one up. Very cool to have multiple FPS titles on a Nintendo system again.

nicolasacmf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Playing DOOM on the Switch last year was fantastic, so I'm really looking forward to getting this, probably later this month (hopefully, alongside Ys, Crash, Mario Tennis and Octopath. Ooof, my wallet's gonna take a hit...)

Oct 28, 2017
OMG I am loving this port so far.

The game is absolutely stunning for being on a mobile device. I have taken so many screenshots to look over later, but this is beyond Doom and basically any other portable FPS game ever made.

Also the gyro controls are huge for me and is making the game more enjoyable. It really shows me that my years of disliking console FPSes were because I didn't like the usual twin stick control scheme.

Hell even the inside cover art for this game is amazing. Really a top notch Switch port, like night and day compared to some other efforts on the console.