• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Davoid

Jun 15, 2018
Wow, that ending....

uh.....

I had to turn it off, I could feel my DNA coils unwinding because I was cringing so hard. Jeez.

I honestly can't believe how hard this game fell off in the last 1/4 or so, ha ha ha ha.

Last edited:

Christo750

May 10, 2018
I just got to the resistance HQ in New Orleans and rode the robot dog. Not sure how much of the game I have left, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. Gyro aiming is really something else; makes this the best version IMO.

Level design is really hit or miss this time around. The layout of more open-ended levels feels super confusing to navigate and the path forward never really feels obvious. I don't really ever see the destination marker on the screen until it appears I've triggered something.

Panic Button really did a great job with this port. Resolution definitely took a nosedive in New Orleans level and never really recovered until I reached the HQ, but the levels prior are excellent. I wonder how long Panic Button has been working on this port; I'd imagine with the right amount of time, these issues can absolutely be sorted out, but if the studio has been working on it for 8 months to a year? That's some outstanding work for that little time. The way the studio really retained game feel despite the lower framerate is amazing. I usually notice the lack of 60 fps but this really doesn't feel any different to the PS4 version.

I'm looking forward to their work on Warframe and the projects to follow, and I hope Wolfenstein II gets a shot in the arm in terms of sales; it's well deserved.

What-ok

Dec 13, 2017
PDX OR
Just started my first time playing and liking it so far. I'm impressed this is looking as good as it does on Switch. For me getting used to the gyro aim is going to take awhile, but I can see it being a nice addition.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I finally got back into this game this weekend and just beat it. Whew!

I played through most of the game stealthily. Some sections can't be stealthed, and some segments I just said fuck it and blew everyone to pieces. The game wasn't really made for stealth, but it's kind of nice to have only a few tools at your disposal (hatchet, silenced pistol, and leaning from cover). It plays like a very simple stealth game and it sort of works in most segments, because there's actually few enemies that spawn and they aren't very perceptive. Once someone finds a dead body though, they all go into alert mode and can spot you from a mile away. And some sections just have too many enemies to reasonably stealth through. But for the most part, it's surprising how few enemies there are if you don't alert anyone, and how few enemies you actually have to kill. I'd say other modern stealth games have higher enemy counts, because they also give you more tools for dealing with multiple enemies while staying stealthy.

I guess the next thing to do is the Uberkommandant missions. It sounds like these missions have alot more heavy/armored enemies, which doesn't bode well for a stealth playstyle. But whatever, I'll give it a try.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I just got to the resistance HQ in New Orleans and rode the robot dog. Not sure how much of the game I have left, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. Gyro aiming is really something else; makes this the best version IMO.

Level design is really hit or miss this time around. The layout of more open-ended levels feels super confusing to navigate and the path forward never really feels obvious. I don't really ever see the destination marker on the screen until it appears I've triggered something.

Panic Button really did a great job with this port. Resolution definitely took a nosedive in New Orleans level and never really recovered until I reached the HQ, but the levels prior are excellent. I wonder how long Panic Button has been working on this port; I'd imagine with the right amount of time, these issues can absolutely be sorted out, but if the studio has been working on it for 8 months to a year? That's some outstanding work for that little time. The way the studio really retained game feel despite the lower framerate is amazing. I usually notice the lack of 60 fps but this really doesn't feel any different to the PS4 version.

I'm looking forward to their work on Warframe and the projects to follow, and I hope Wolfenstein II gets a shot in the arm in terms of sales; it's well deserved.
My thoughts exactly. I just finished it up a couple of days ago and had the same impressions. Really fun, gyro is incredible, actually made me better at console fps's than I have ever been.

LastCupOfBullets

Alt account
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Game was just updated to 1.2 while I was playing Lost Sphear. Fixes the missing Star Card that prevents you from 100%ing the game.

Oct 28, 2017
Can you replay the story missions now? Is the vault open?

You could never replay the story in any version unless you start a new game over from the beginning. They said in previews that the district side missions are supposed to be the level replay option from the first game even if it isn't the same thing eg there's areas you straight up can't go back to.

The vault is still locked in the Switch version and there's no sign of the combat challenges/DLC campaigns.

Cronos_qc

Nov 21, 2017
Quebec
I bought the game from eShop on black friday. While I usually play games on PC, I wanted to try a shooter on the Switch. I must confess that I am impressed by how good the games look on switch and how fun it is to target with the joycon, feels different than a mouse.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Got this with the latest 30%off sale on the eShop.

Is there a way to fucking stop the camera from moving itself (feels a bit like autocentering at times) when motion aiming is on? This is making me despise the controls ffs, I hate autocentering cameras in games. Can't seem to fix this even turning off aim assist

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Is Wolfenstein II worth playing if you've never played its immediate predecessor?

With my Xbox 360 going up for sale on eBay recently I don't have any platform that the first game is available on, so I'm not able to play it, but I have a passing interest in the franchise.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is Wolfenstein II worth playing if you've never played its immediate predecessor?

With my Xbox 360 going up for sale on eBay recently I don't have any platform that the first game is available on, so I'm not able to play it, but I have a passing interest in the franchise.

I played it as my first Wolfenstein game and loved it. I'm playing Youngblood right now and I'm honestly enjoying it even more. Play 2 first.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Let's see if I can get an answer:

I'm enjoying the game but I think it's time for it too end. I don't like overly long games, not saying this one is (yet) but that's mainly cause I HATE paddling and I also enjoy playing "with style" and use all gameplay mechanics to have fun so any games takes me much longer to beat than the average person; so I won't care to get all the secrets "treasures" but will try to get all skills/weapon upgrades or even replay some parts because I wasn't satisfied with out it played out... for example Senua's Sacrifice lasted me 12 hours while I heard others beat it in 5 hours or Resident Evil 4 in 25hours instead of 15 tops, lol!

Anyway, enough jabbering I'm at the surprise birthday party, past the Odin codes how far am in a percentage to the totaI? And how long did YOU take from
here to beat it?

Playin' at Do or Die and don't see why the game was criticized for its difficulty or cheapness? I mean sometimes it's a bit cheap in how you get an alarm triggered but I don't think you're supposed to play it 100% stealth, I mean you could do anything but it's clear the developers have traced a path for a good players to lower the challenge in firefight by take out a certain number of enemies before a confrontation starts, you're not meant to take out literally everyone. And yeah the level design is hit or miss but I think people have rose tinted glasses on TNO's level design which was utterly awful at times. TNO had higher highs but much lower lows for me, TNC is more consistent in quality throughout.

That said I don't what reviewers were smoking with all that crap about caring about your squad mates and weeping for the losses, the characterization is as straight as Hugh Hefner and frankly laughable in its stereotypical fashion. The A-Team movie had more layers that these people.
Yeah, Billy and father POS scenes were pretty cool to watch but it stil played out like you've seen a billion times in other media. Just because you've hardly seen something like this in games before doesn't make it inherently compelling.

I love the gunplay tho.
I think the weapons and especially heavy weapons are much better than TNO.
And this time the perks won't make you superman by the end but give you just enough of an edge that I felt compelled to hit my numbers to earn those little gains, while still having a good challenge.

Just my two cents.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just read through this and read/watched some reviews online for this. Never played a Wolfenstein game but the description here of a Half Life but with Nazis pretty much sold me.

And bonus right now it's on sale at 50% off, so 29.99 on the US eShop. From all of the reviews and comments, seems like a no brainer at that price.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed it and played through it more than once on Switch.

Is it blurry as hell, yeah. Does it not run great, yeah.

However it's Wolfenstein 2, and you can play it on a handheld device so the tradeoffs were worth it at 60 bucks for me when I bought it.