• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Guaraná

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
switch_wolfenstein2_00.jpg

image credit: www.imore.com

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Switch version

This thread is dedicated to the Switch release
  • Release Date on Switch: Jun 29, 2018
  • Price: $60.00
  • Player(s): 1
  • Format: Digital and Physical
  • Developer: Panic Button
  • File Size: 23GB for the digital and 8gb as mandatory DL for physical copies
  • Eligible for up to 300 Gold Points when you buy this game digitally. You may also use Gold Points toward this purchase.
The Switch version of this game was handled by the guys at PANIC BUTTON

ABOUT THE GAME
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is an action-adventure first-person shooter video game developed by MachineGames and published by Bethesda Softworks. It was released on 27 October 2017 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, and was released on 29 June 2018 for Nintendo Switch.

The eighth main entry in the Wolfenstein series and the sequel to 2014's Wolfenstein: The New Order, the game is set in an alternate history which takes place in 1961 following the Nazi victory of the Second World War. The story follows war veteran William "B.J." Blazkowicz and his efforts to fight against the Nazi regime in America.

f8He0TpFhdKoX42qdORf_mZSwqUrtQ6X.jpg

CPgXm0afR52sLqwyGkIOmP_pxH6Z18wK.jpg

yuKJHa0-mAcPO_bAaKkYvyUfdNOrl1w6.jpg

Last edited:

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
For those who play it for the first time now on Switch, I wish you guys a lot of fun. Played it release day on PC and it was absolutely great. Had a blast with it. And this port seems to be amazing for what kind of hardware it runs on.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
already played this on Xbone X for 25 bucks yet I'm very close to paying 60 bucks for this just to show support in hopes that other 3rd party devs start to do what Bethesda is doing.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Nice title.

Still deciding if I will get this. Too busy with Ys VIII right now (Hell, I haven't even bought Crash yet).

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Thread is dedicated to switch but I played on PC. Enjoy. I found the game fantastic despite the word of mouth.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just finished playing the game exclusively in handheld. Overall, the experience was pretty great.

Outside of a few select areas, the visuals hold up fine. Performance was very stable, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary for a 30 fps game. No crashes to speak of. Controls were solid, thanks to gyro aiming. This really should be standard for every FPS game, just makes a world of difference.

The game itself was pretty great, I don't know why it got so much hate. Difficulty was fine, I played at the 2nd highest difficulty setting and never felt it was too much, I easily could've played this at the highest. Gunplay felt great, fun selection of weapons, and movement never felt better for a (console) FPS game. Level design could be hit or miss, but there were some pretty neat Nazi mega bases in this game to take on. Story line was really great for an FPS game with a diverse cast of characters and just enough humor. I really felt they knocked this out of the park. The characters really sold me on this. Very much looking for to Young Blood, I really hope it makes its way to Switch. If not, that's what I have my PC for. If you haven't played it yet and are on the fence about getting it, I say go for it. It was worth it for me.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm having a blast with the game so far, and along side with Doom, it's a fantastic reboot of a classic FPS series. I might pick up the original and check it out to see if it's as good as the sequel.

Obviously, the game may not be up to par (visually) with it's PC and console cousins, but it runs great and it looks fine from my 10 hour session (8 in portable mode, 2 in docked).

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell yeah... great you made this.

Put about 4 hours in so far and I find pretty much everything about it incredible. Much better than I was lead to believe on this forum and I can see why reviewers gave it so much praise.

So far I'm enjoying it more than the original and that is mighty high praise because I loved that game with all of my soul.

Playing handheld... getting ready to activate bed mode tonight!

Oct 28, 2017
Would be a good place to mention that there's a Switch-exclusive (didn't have it happen on PS4 or PC) glitch sometimes when you come out of suspend mode where once you pick up a readable everything except start/select stops responding and you can't exit out of it. Only way to fix it without quitting the game is by saving the game which causes it to exit the readable overlay.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought the game on PC like two days ago, so this thread works for my purposes too. I'm only a couple hours in, but, um, when does this game get good? I feel like I'm running around the same loop of industrial basements and blasted out buildings every level. I'm desperate for a change of scenery or boss battle, or dance-off or something.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I bought the game yesterday instead of waiting for a sale. Looks great and controls even better. So far, the blurriness has not been a problem at all; it is sometimes noticeable but even on a 100" screen (I play with a projector), I still find the game to be pretty and I gladly take this blurriness for the possibility to take the game with me on the go.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
The game itself was pretty great, I don't know why it got so much hate. Difficulty was fine, I played at the 2nd highest difficulty setting and never felt it was too much, I easily could've played this at the highest.
I heard the other versions got patched to adjust the difficulty, guess it got incorporated in the Switch release.

Nov 8, 2017
I'm up to Roswell, it plays surprisingly well. I mainly bought it just as a shoe of support but I'm travelling today so it actually works out well. Finished it on pc atlaunch, they've clearly tuned the difficulty since then for the better on Switch at least. I had some issues in place slime the Manhattan apartment, had no issues on Switch even at half framer ate and game pad instead of kbm.

Would love some more shooters of this calibur on Switch, especially built for the Switch from the ground up, not just ports. Don't need the production values but the gameplay on Doom and Wolf are *chef kiss*.

After some reflection, I reckon they should make the game pause or go into super slow mo for the weapon wheel - not an issue on pc but for console it's really bad under fire. Also, stealth still needs tweaking and improvement.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
For those that also played DOOM, how are the gyro controls compared to it? I found the sensitivity in DOOM a bit too low. I'll be picking this up next week. Splatoon 2 and BotW are still the benchmarks for me when it comes to gyro controls on the Switch, Resident Evil Revelations Collections is up there too.

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For those that also played DOOM, how are the gyro controls compared to it? I found the sensitivity in DOOM a bit too low. I'll be picking this up next week. Splatoon 2 and BotW are still the benchmarks for me when it comes to gyro controls on the Switch, Resident Evil Revelations Collections is up there too.
Seems fine at default for me, but there's a sensitivity slider for motion controls

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have the Ubercommander Otto-Ackermann unlocked in the New Orleans wall district? I'm playing that challenge now and the FPS is unbearably bad compared to the normal campaign. A complete stutter fest trying to move around.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Because he isn't playing the game on Switch he can't talk about it here? He is talking about the game itself, if he didn't mention PC in his post you wouldn't have even known.
In the spirit of cross-play I think general gameplay discussion should be platform-agnostic. It's not like the Nazis have been replaced with teddy bears or something.

nenned

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the game on release, but haven't played it yet since I'm trying to finish up Xenoblade Chronicles 2 first. I'm excited to play, though!

Oct 28, 2017
I bought the game on PC like two days ago, so this thread works for my purposes too. I'm only a couple hours in, but, um, when does this game get good? I feel like I'm running around the same loop of industrial basements and blasted out buildings every level. I'm desperate for a change of scenery or boss battle, or dance-off or something.

There's a level half-way through the game that provides much needed environmental variety, but largely this is the game's biggest issue. The large majority of the environments you'll spend 13 hours in are metal bunkers - it never really changes and nothing in this game really reaches the heights of TNO/TOB.

I'm up to Roswell, it plays surprisingly well. I mainly bought it just as a shoe of support but I'm travelling today so it actually works out well. Finished it on pc atlaunch, they've clearly tuned the difficulty since then for the better on Switch at least. I had some issues in place slime the Manhattan apartment, had no issues on Switch even at half framer ate and game pad instead of kbm.

Would love some more shooters of this calibur on Switch, especially built for the Switch from the ground up, not just ports. Don't need the production values but the gameplay on Doom and Wolf are *chef kiss*.

After some reflection, I reckon they should make the game pause or go into super slow mo for the weapon wheel - not an issue on pc but for console it's really bad under fire. Also, stealth still needs tweaking and improvement.

The difficulty was tuned for all systems around February this year when the second or last DLC came out.

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
You can adjust the gyro aiming.... feels fanfuckingtastic

banter

Jan 12, 2018
already played this on Xbone X for 25 bucks yet I'm very close to paying 60 bucks for this just to show support in hopes that other 3rd party devs start to do what Bethesda is doing.
Please do. I bought it at 60 for the same reason, though I held off on the ps4 and xb1 versions at lower cost because of it.

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on the dock looks pretty rough. Couldn't play for long.

Portable is really good though. I was also under the impression the Joy Cons didn't play very well, but they seem to play great.

So far i'm pretty happy.

Oct 28, 2017
is gyro aiming worthwhile in handheld mode?

Yes. I said it in another thread but gyro aiming makes it the best console version especially due to the nature of this game's combat.

Can you replay levels?

Can you rewatch cutscenes?

You can go back to previously visited levels half-way through the game in a pseudo level select screen but it's not the same thing. Think of it like the post-game modes in open world games. There's no cutscenes or storyline (other than new enemy idle conversations) but enemy location/types are remixed and it's only there to mop up collectibles.

You can't rewatch cutscenes or revisit specific areas unless you replay the game.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. I said it in another thread but gyro aiming makes it the best console version especially due to the nature of this game's combat.

even in handheld mode? that video just looks like he's using a pro controller, is all that tilting gonna fuck with your view. I've literally never played a game with gyro aiming so I'm clueless to this shit.

Oct 28, 2017
I've been playing almost exclusively on handheld mode with the gyro sensitivity at 40 (analog at 17 for both horizontal/vertical) and it's been perfectly manageable for me so ymmv.

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
Loving this game with gyro controls. Played docked to start but have been enjoying handheld more recently. Never stops blowing my mind to play such a big game portable ^_^

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
is gyro aiming worthwhile in handheld mode?
I usually set gyro aiming sensitivity pretty low so that minor shakiness from holding the Switch has little effect. It means that I still mostly use the analog sticks for aiming, and the gyroscope is for fine-tuning. It takes some getting used to, but I really think it's the best control scheme ever.

Rei

Nov 1, 2017
Kuala Lumpur
I little blurry at first, but once your get used to it, it's pretty great especially on handheld. The fact that you can play it on the go is a huge plus.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Uggggh gyro is awesome!! Being a splatoon vet means I could adust to gyro quickly! Playing turf war with Nazi blood is going to be so much fun!

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
Do you need to play the first game to enjoy this?

It's a great shooter with a great story that stands on its own. Playing the first one will give you a little more context about what's going when you begin but it's probably about 4% necessary in the grand scheme of things, such as to say, not really necessary at all if making two purchases is any way inconvenient.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
even in handheld mode? that video just looks like he's using a pro controller, is all that tilting gonna fuck with your view. I've literally never played a game with gyro aiming so I'm clueless to this shit.
I replayed DOOM on Switch just to savor the gyro controls. You still use the right stick to turn and aim, but you slightly twist the controller to fine tune your view. It's awesome once you get used to it.

Jan 10, 2018
Tokyo
I played a little bit on tabletop mode during my lunch break with split joy-cons. It feels absolutely fantastic; I don't even really like FPS, but I wish all of them would come to the switch.