• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
According to SteamSpy Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus sold 120.000 copies in the first 3 days, with a peak of 16.050 players. We don't have numbers for TNO launch, but in 2014. the peak was 11.808, so maybe Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus had a better launch on Steam.

4392_59f7122a91edc3.79855319.jpg

jakoo

Oct 27, 2017
This seems pretty good right? And I have a feeling it will get even better with time, last week was stacked and I know I'll be picking up the New Colossus once I've finished with Mario.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't picked it up yet, going trough my backlog at the moment but will buy it in a couple weeks.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Just a clarification, this isn't necessarily "sold on steam" but also "retail PC version activated on steam" or bought on GMG or other sites.

snail_maze

Oct 27, 2017
Are all them pirates counted in that number?

Goes to show how useless implementing DRM is for having a good launch

Grief.exe

Oct 26, 2017
Keep in mind that due to the mathematics that steam spy uses, there ends up being a huge lag in the accuracy of these numbers early on.

Expect this number to rapidly inflate over the next several weeks.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
It's too early to create such thread, those numbers are giving overall picture, but not quite accurate at this point.
Don't retail keys redeem on Steam? That said I don't know if that is a good or bad number, but I assume bad.
Quoting myself from UK thread:
It's WW of course, and for Steam those numbers are pretty good for first days, for example Shadow of War sold 500k to the date, Project CARS 2 was ~75k month ago, South Park: The Fractured But Whole at 166k excluding Uplay sales. Sales numbers on PC are lower, but it should be always reminded that those are only activations, not real sales because it's excludes retail shippings and keys sold to official online distributors like Humble Bundle and others.
TL;DR no, they're not that bad so far.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There is a massive discrepancy between "owned" and "played" currently, and I would encourage people not to leap to conclusions based on SteamSpy data, especially this soon after release.

Grief.exe

Oct 26, 2017
That's not bad at all.
Origins sold 160K copies on Steam + uPlay.
I think it's ok, no one expected Wolfenstein II to sold 200k or more units on PC in 3 days.

The actual number is likely North of 400,000. Yes, people expected this.

Edit: how do we know Origins numbers. Steam Spy is too early to be accurate, and major publishers won't release these numbers.

Last edited:

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's an ok result. Not fantastic but not a bomb either. Sort of middling

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Grief.exe

Oct 26, 2017
This is one of the reasons I think Steam Spy should obafuscate these numbers early on.

Some of these hot takes

jdznd

Oct 30, 2017
Not sure if it's doing good or not. The first 4 days of sales is pretty equivalent to Prey reboot's, but the game is not really considered a success. According to Steamspy, Doom reboot sold around 380k for the same amount of time.

Oct 27, 2017
This is good. The report on the UK sales had disappointed me but perhaps the steam sales will offset this a little. Hopefully its good reviews and positive word of mouth will keep it selling over the next few months, right up to when it makes the Switch.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
This is a slow start actually, especially given how strong the first game was on the platform. Game has really been struggling.

Deleted member 62

Content removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paradox House

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems very low to me if accurate. The US focus of the game might mean its a surprise hit on consoles but right now kinda looks like it could be a <1M launch WW.

Deleted member 2840

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see people spin this as "it's selling badly because it was cracked before release!" and not because of the release date, competition and, going by reviews, PC specific problems.