• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Terror Twin will you play as?

• Jess

Votes: 277 71.8%
  • Soph

Votes: 159 41.2%

• Total voters

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's still there.
How often would you say it's used? Is it in the majority of levels and encounters like TNC?

I might be in the minority but I honestly don't think it's that great of a mechanic and should be used sparingly, and really only in larger, more open areas ala TNO. I think it's actually a significant factor in why TNC dropped the ball with level and encounter design.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
So what's this?

RJX3FL5.png

www.nintendo.com

Wolfenstein: Youngblood Trial Edition for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details

Wolfenstein: Youngblood is the first modern co-op Wolfenstein adventure.

The page doesn't load properly for me.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what's this?

RJX3FL5.png

www.nintendo.com

Wolfenstein: Youngblood Trial Edition for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Game Details

Wolfenstein: Youngblood is the first modern co-op Wolfenstein adventure.

The page doesn't load properly for me.

According to Nintendo Life:
The eShop has also updated to include a 'Wolfenstein Youngblood Trial Edition' listing. Priced at £0 / $0, this isn't a demo in the traditional sense, but will serve as the place to go if you're teaming up with a friend who has a Buddy Pass. This special pass comes with deluxe versions of the game and allows the buyer to invite their friends to play alongside them, even if they don't own the game themselves.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Curious about Cyberpilot. Since you're in a panzerhundt the whole time, how varied can the gameplay be beyond toasting bad guys with the flame thrower? I hope it's good but not gonna pull the trigger yet.

From screens it appears you take control of other stuff like the big bipedal mecha as well, not just the panzerhundt.

Greendomo

Oct 25, 2017
So for the deluxe version can I let multiple friends play with me? Or do I have to pick one? I have lots of friends I promise.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait really? That's no good.

Yeah, but I can't blame Bethesda for not wanting to fork for a 32 GB card. It's on Nintendo to make them more affordable. It would have been nice to make an exception for them since they've been excellent supporters of the Switch from the beginning.

81EQdILDlIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Impressions after a couple of hours in docked and undocked mode.
Firstly framerate holds up well in docked even when the game is throwing a shit load of people at you in a big area, and boy does it like to do that. Framerate also seemed fine on handheld but that was in a different area.
Secondly, there seems to be an audio bug in docked where the sounds effects seem to either cut out or lower in volume, although this does give you the chance to appreciate the awesome soundtrack. Game also crashed on me once but maybe there is a day one patch to come.
Thirdly it's tough. Even on normal it's tough. Keeping your partner alive is a VERY vital piece of the game. However, it's not all just saving her as she also saves you a lot as well.
Fourthly the story is good so far and the voice acting is top-notch. Really good stuff.
While it is a wolf game it's a wolf game with something different too it and that's a good thing. Good stuff so far.

This sounds awesome! One last question I forgot to ask you earlier; can you save anywhere like in New Colossus or is it checkpoints like New Order and Old Blood?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Whoever decided Green Man Gaming should sell Bethesda.net Launcher keys for this game, congratulations, I don't like you very much.

Bethesda's PC launcher is such utter fucking garbage that it hogs bandwidth and still only manages a top download speed of 3.5MB/s on a gigabit connection. Slow clap, Bethesda.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Whoever decided Green Man Gaming should sell Bethesda.net Launcher keys for this game, congratulations, I don't like you very much.

Bethesda's PC launcher is such utter fucking garbage that it hogs bandwidth and still only manages a top download speed of 3.5MB/s on a gigabit connection. Slow clap, Bethesda.

It was Bethesda, assuming GMG still operates with "We get keys only from publishers / developers directly" mantra. It makes sense for them to try and bring people into their ecosystem / launcher.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Bought in eShop. Cannot wait. And since my copy of FETH does not arrive before Saturday apparently, this will bridge my day tomorrow. Pretty excited tbh.

Nov 8, 2017
I wasn't really interested in this. But the buddy pass system got me interested. Picked up a copy from GMG. Maybe it's time to run through Wolfenstein II real quick.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
There is a long playthrough up on Youtube now. At least 3 hours or so.

The video below shows how similar the levels and traversal are to Dishonored.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Great. Can't watch the video atm, just concerned when I heard it compared to Dishonored.

To be clear, in terms of approaches (you can double jump and grab ala Dishonored and get up onto balconies to avoid enemies at street level) and verticality. It really reminds me of the first level of Dishonored 2.

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
Looks great, love the verticality.

All this Dishonored talk is reminding me I need to get around to playing that game. Kind of fell off the first game near the end...is it essential to have played though it before the second one? (Sorry for off topic posting).

Last edited:

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
hey I hope it has not been asked yet...but is the buddy pass reusable? Like can I give it to a friend, we play, than unregister him and use the code to coop with my wife?

FutureLarking

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
hey I hope it has not been asked yet...but is the buddy pass reusable? Like can I give it to a friend, we play, than unregister him and use the code to coop with my wife?

The pass it attached to your account not your buddies, so you can use it with as many as you want.

Also nice to see the EU box arts no longer uses that giant "DOWNLOAD ONLY" banner like the NA cover above. Now to wait for this download to finish...

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
So I've been watching some gameplay vids and this game is super interesting. Basically, you're given four major districts + the catacombs where you can fast-travel to. You can then explore the environment and kill Nazi patrols if you want to level up or accept a main/side mission to accomplish. These four areas are really huge too and there's a lot of verticality. Dishonored-tier levels.

9CstURu.png

Honestly I find it hard to believe that a game this big had a shorter development time than Wolfenstein II, maybe they spent a longer time fiddling with the tech?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Huh...well ok
So then i take it VPN can't unlock this now?

Hmmm... Seems like he is getting press version if he can start already this morning (US time). I checked store page and it says 6h until unlock.

This makes VPN shenanigans unlikely, but could always check normal suspects like South Korea for unlock if VPN at hand.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Just noticed this is only 30$ which can be both good and bad. All I need to know is if the game consists of 80% repeatable open world stuff and just 20% story. Definitely need reviews.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
So I've been watching some gameplay vids and this game is super interesting. Basically, you're given four major districts + the catacombs where you can fast-travel to. You can then explore the environment and kill Nazi patrols if you want to level up or accept a main/side mission to accomplish. These four areas are really huge too and there's a lot of verticality. Dishonored-tier levels.

9CstURu.png

Honestly I find it hard to believe that a game this big had a shorter development time than Wolfenstein II, maybe they spent a longer time fiddling with the tech?

Same underlying tech + many similar/identical assets probably helped?

I'm tempted to pick up a physical copy of the Deluxe version and run through it with a mate - I can't really justify buying another game at this point but I'm keen to support MachineGames and Arkane.

Fiddle

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Seems way different than I thought I'd be, and that's not really a good thing. Yes there are multiple areas, but it seems like a looter shooter. You repeatedly come back to the same areas, select missions, daily and weekly challenges... weird.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Anyone gonna do a review thread? I can't really right now but I feel that the game deserves one.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
Seems way different than I thought I'd be, and that's not really a good thing. Yes there are multiple areas, but it seems like a looter shooter. You repeatedly come back to the same areas, select missions, daily and weekly challenges... weird.
Thank you so much, was just about to buy this on steam. I was wondering why the price was so low. Yea this is an avoid.