• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
mE673Z7.png
iEWLAGp.png

GameSpot - 8/10
PCGamesN - 8/10
Sector.sk - 8/10
Worth Playing - 8/10
The Games Machine - 8/10
Spaziogames - 8/10
IGN Spain - 8.6/10
Game Informer - 8.5/10
GaminGuardian - 8.5/10
Everyeye.it - 8.4/10

Metro - 7/10
GameSpace - 7/10
Game MAG - 7/10
Digital Trends - 7/10
GamePro - 7.7/10
Cerealkillerz - 7.5/10

Destructoid - 6/10
IGN - 6.5/10
PowerUp! - 6.3/10

Trusted Reviews - 4/5
Guardian - 4/5
Attack of the Fanboy - 3/5

Hobby Consolas - 80/100
PC Gamer - 79/100
COGconnected - 69/100

ACG - Wait for a sale

USgamer - Unscored (We haven't played Wolfenstein: Youngblood's online co-op yet, but here are our early impressions.)
Ars Technica - Unscored (Buy it if you have an ideal co-op partner, want a simpler co-op alternative to MMO-like shooters, or just really, really like newer Wolfenstein games. Otherwise, proceed with caution.)
VG247 - Unscored (Most of its good points are inherited from the last game, and while the excellent level design improvements are welcome, there's not enough variety to get the most out of them.)
Polygon - Unscored (Youngblood is a meat-and-potatoes first-person shooter where all the systems work well, the enemies provide a brutal challenge, and a friend can come along with you through the whole thing. It seems like it was designed as a relatively inexpensive crowd-pleaser of an FPS, and I will admit that I was very entertained.)

I was looking for a review thread for a general round up of reviews and realized there wasn't one so I whipped this one up quickly. I thought people loved Wolf? Anyway, it looks like this one is dividing players and critics. If I've missed a decent review let me know and I'll add it in. For what it's worth, I'm really enjoying playing the PC version solo.

Last edited:

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Woah, that user score.

Kinda curious how I'll feel about this because I REALLY disliked TNC, but Fire Emblem is priority for now.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
lol @ user score ...

some really do have a grudge and I have a strong feeling I know three abbreviated letters that triggered this...

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
I was expecting a bit higher but what I read sounds decent enough, and the level design is getting quite a bit of praise.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Is the bad user score really because there are female leads and they kill Nazis?

The fuck us wrong with the world

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Been reading countless reports of bugs and Micro transactions on Reddit. The bugs I believe, but unsure on how aggressive the MTX are.

Score doesn't surprise me tbh

Oct 27, 2017
Two questions:

-Did they bring back the crazy and varied weapons and enemy variety from Wolf 2009 and Castle?

-Is the low user score worse than it should be because of the anti nazi message the game has?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol @ user score ...

some really do have a grudge and I have a strong feeling I know three abbreviated letters that triggered this...
It's an anti-nazi game with two female leads, what did you expect
Taking a look at those scores... Yeah. The user scores are totally what you expect.
Is the bad user score really because there are female leads and they kill Nazis?

It's partially because of that and partially because Bethesda deceptively marketed the game as a normal shooter when it's actually a GAAS loot shooter.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Of course the user score is going to be low, it features women killing Nazis, the worst possible combination.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Zr87yT0.png

I guess a bit lower than the ones before it

The comparison doesn't really fit since it excludes the one game this is actually similiar in nature to, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, which also got a 76 on MC. This is a budget release at 30 dollars not meant to compete with the big entries in the franchise and it seems to fall perfectly in line with that.

It's partially because of that and partially because Bethesda deceptively marketed the game as a normal shooter when it's actually a GAAS loot shooter.

The term "GAAS" really has lost all meaning, huh?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
-Is the low user score worse than it should be because of the anti nazi message the game has?
Complaints about microtransactions and...

"I hope that more ugly women will not be allowed to develop my favorite series of games. "

"Virgin lesbian SJWs and greedy capitalists who love "micro"transactions are hellbent on ruining the gaming industry.
They have certainly succeeded in ruining this game. I have a feeling this is the end of the franchise.
"

" SJW and feminist propaganda. No thanks. "

"I haven't even played the game, but screw you EsJayDoubleUu FemiN*ZIS!!!! "

"Like with any other game which is created with only purpose of spreading communists/SJW bs propaganda, with everything we love games for hastily strapped to this smoking pile of garbage with a duct tape. "

"Wolfenstein YoungB***ch - sjw and feminists ........... b u l l s h i t !!! "

It is unlikely that most of these "reviewers" have finished the game.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Of FUCKING COURSE, the game has no split screen. So guess what? I wanted to play this while visiting my aunt and uncle, but now I'm going to have to actually bring my Xbox One along with me.

Murdy Plops

Banned
Dec 21, 2018
It's a huge departure from the previous Wolfensteins. Can we not attribute THAT towards the scores rather than jumping to wild conclusions?

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I was super wary of this after TNC turned out to be such a turd. Seems like TNO was an aberration.

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019

To reduce all of the low user scores to this reason is ridiculous. There are clearly genuine problems with some aspects of the games. And we know what the internet is like with mtx anyway

Oct 27, 2017

"
I hope that more ugly women will not be allowed to develop my favorite series of games.
"

"
Virgin lesbian SJWs and greedy capitalists who love "micro"transactions are hellbent on ruining the gaming industry.
They have certainly succeeded in ruining this game. I have a feeling this is the end of the franchise.

"

"
SJW and feminist propaganda. No thanks.
"

"
I haven't even played the game, but screw you EsJayDoubleUu FemiN*ZIS!!!!
"

"
Like with any other game which is created with only purpose of spreading communists/SJW bs propaganda, with everything we love games for hastily strapped to this smoking pile of garbage with a duct tape.
"

"
Wolfenstein YoungB***ch - sjw and feminists ........... b u l l s h i t !!!
"

"
I hope that more ugly women will not be allowed to develop my favorite series of games.
"

"
Virgin lesbian SJWs and greedy capitalists who love "micro"transactions are hellbent on ruining the gaming industry.

"

"
SJW and feminist propaganda. No thanks.
"

"
I haven't even played the game, but screw you EsJayDoubleUu FemiN*ZIS!!!!
"

"
Like with any other game which is created with only purpose of spreading communists/SJW bs propaganda, with everything we love games for hastily strapped to this smoking pile of garbage with a duct tape.
"

"
Wolfenstein YoungB***ch - sjw and feminists ........... b u l l s h i t !!!
"
These people sound so god damn unhinged...

I would like to say these people must be children but sadly I am sure these people are well functioning adults. What a bunch of hateful idiots.

I didn't know sbout micro transactions. That sounds like a huge turn off for me.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
After reading these user reviews, I can't help but feel like these Gamers™️ are just proving the classic "Boy who cried wolf(enstein)" story. There was a time where I might have paid attention to user reviews, but with how brazenly shitty these user reviews are, they don't even try to hide why they hate the game. It's so commonplace that I just don't care about what users have to say anymore, and I didn't even hear any actual backlash towards this game for featuring women. They've thankfully backed their stupidity into a corner that nobody pays attention to.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
The comparison doesn't really fit since it excludes the one game this is actually similiar in nature to, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood, which also got a 76 on MC. This is a budget release at 30 dollars not meant to compete with the big entries in the franchise and it seems to fall perfectly in line with that.

The term "GAAS" really has lost all meaning, huh?
oh ok. I haven't played any of them myself, so I can't tell them apart. I was just interested since it seemed this had more rpg elements?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those user reviews are embarassing. This game's gameplay looked more exciting than those of prior Wolf games to be honest, as it's always my main issue with these recent Wolfies: they have a great atmosphere and all but the gameplay is just not on par with the bests: not as frantic as Doom, not as laser precise as COD, just sitting somewhere inbetween. This game seems to be taking more cues from Doom, which is cool, but the co-op aspect doesn't interest me much. I'll probably play it down the line, chances are it will be on Game Pass in the next 12 months.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
It's a what? Wasn't this basically Wolfenstein 2.5?

It neither has Weapon Loot nor is it a GAAS. It's Wolfenstein 2.5 with a few very light RPG elements sprinkled on top. Enemies now have Health Bars though so it's absolutely just Destiny now in the eye of some people.

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I loved the last couple of games, mainly for the crazy story, so I was a bit less fussed about this one...but I'm going to buy it now purely because the user reviews have been so shitty.

From what I saw in the quick look the gameplay etc etc is all as good/bad as the main games.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

"I hope that more ugly women will not be allowed to develop my favorite series of games. "

"Virgin lesbian SJWs and greedy capitalists who love "micro"transactions are hellbent on ruining the gaming industry.
"

" SJW and feminist propaganda. No thanks. "

"I haven't even played the game, but screw you EsJayDoubleUu FemiN*ZIS!!!! "

"Like with any other game which is created with only purpose of spreading communists/SJW bs propaganda, with everything we love games for hastily strapped to this smoking pile of garbage with a duct tape. "

"Wolfenstein YoungB***ch - sjw and feminists ........... b u l l s h i t !!! "

It is unlikely that most of these "reviewers" have finished the game.
More like none of them even played it at all :P

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
No idea what to make out of this, frankly, because I thought TNC was decent at best and yet received stellar reviews.

Deleted member 2809

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the GAAS aspect could be off putting but the user score isn't fooling anyone lmfao, snowflake nazi scum die

Detail

Dec 30, 2018

The female characters from what I have seen on youtube videos is the best part about the game, their voice work is stellar and they have excellent arcs.

That's not to say that ignorant people will not dismiss this game simply because of them because we both know that's going to happen but putting those kind of people aside, I think the criticism the game is getting is because of the RPG level grinding system and the microtransactions.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
It's a huge departure from the previous Wolfensteins. Can we not attribute THAT towards the scores rather than jumping to wild conclusions?
These are not wild conclusions. That's just what happens. Sometimes it's just that simple :D

It is? I had no freaking idea, not that I've paid it much mind.
Open levels, repeat play-focused, emphasis on leveling mechanics, unlocks (in-game currency you can also buy with microtransactions if you want) cosmetics like skins and gear/outfits, consumables.

Wait it's a GAAS game wtf?
It's ...not. Not really? Only if you paint in extremely broad strokes.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
To reduce all of the low user scores to this reason is ridiculous. There are clearly genuine problems with some aspects of the games. And we know what the internet is like with mtx anyway

I wasn't saying or implying that was the only reason, I was asking a question

A lot of hate is because of microtrasactions, RPG elements, grind and the game being not that awesome overall.

Ah thanks for your answer. I've not looked into this game much, so that is disappointing to hear

I'm gonna read some reviews and see if I even want this game now then

Cyn

Oct 31, 2017
I was apprehensive about this after the lukewarm TNC reception. I had hoped it would be an improvement. I was really looking forward to the new lead characters and kicking some Nazi butt while Carpenter Brut blares in the background.

I've seen quite a few reputable people mention the microtransactions, bugs, terrible singleplayer AI, bulletsponge enemies with HP bars etc, enemies requiring certain ammo types but taking way more hits than you have ammo etc.

I''ll probably pass unless I can get a discount and if they fix the bugs and AI.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I have not been to reviews threads recently , but is it the first time we get user scores with critics scores?