Oct 31, 2017
User warned: Advocating piracy
awesome
Any spider man 2 PC build out there ?

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah just saw a video, it's real. Some assets are missing and some bugs, but it's playable.

Also i was really surprised by the reception of that playable build on a certain subreddit about pirated games : most posts feels bad for Insomniac, and think that it's not something to celebrate.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Hopefully it's still pre-alpha and not content/feature complete yet, or better just chunks of gameplay portion.

Having it playable from beginning to the end would be devastating for the devs :\

I hope Sony ninjas are hard at work taking down the links tbh.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Some enterprising member already managed to run it in one of the other threads. Good luck if you do 💀

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017

Celestial Descend

Corrupted by Vengeance
Aug 15, 2022
Yeah, I think this is the kind of leaks that I'm not gonna touch. Information = good. This is straight up piracy.

Aug 31, 2019
Man this hack really sucks for them. If I'm honest I don't really know why we allow any part of it (or any gaming leak) on here: I don't really get the moral distinction between discussing privileged information, looking at privileged screenshots or playing privileged builds. It's not like it's watergate or corporate whistleblowing or anything like that where there is some moral importance in us knowing about it.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Seriously. Is resetera the only website some of you all open? It is literally all over the net.
Actually it is the only gaming related website / forum I go to lol. I don't visit any other gaming websites really. Other than occasional gaming tweets I come across I guess.

I think the OP tweet is alright, but Tom Warren's is just console war shit.

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
As long as the entire game hasn't leaked, and it's just a small vertical slice, then this is not as big a deal as the title makes it sound.

It sucks though. Insomniac deserved to unveil a demo in its finished state to the public...not this. Those ransom seeking assholes deserve punishment and I hope they get it...

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Yeah, I think this is the kind of leaks that I'm not gonna touch. Information = good. This is straight up piracy.

No one is telling you guys to go out and pirate the build but what exactly is the difference between that leaking and all the other data and information and who knows what else leaking?

Like yeah, NOW it involves piracy too, as if it wasn't already bad enough.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
this is getting really insanely ridiculous, I am also surprised both Sony and Insom haven't put out a statement on it.

don't really blame them, keeping it quite could reduce even more public traction but this is just getting out of hand if it hasn't already.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously. Is resetera the only website some of you all open? It is literally all over the net.

It's the only gaming website I visit tbh. I don't engage with Twixter, only occasionally visit Reddit, and my Facebook is just friends and barely any of my friends care about games. This is my one stop shop (and also Digital Foundary vids on YouTube)

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
at this rate, we have a playable Venom build from start to finish in the coming days…..fucking hell

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Human stupidity knows no bounds.
People are actually running exe's from ransomware group?
Who knows what they did infect files with.

In other words: Maybe more leaks coming soon...

belairjeff

J->E Localization
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This whole "we stand with the devs but here is the news anyway" shit is disgusting.

Why are you trying to police people from talking about news? Ignoring it doesn't make it go away. Honestly ignoring it could be worse as it drives users to go to sites that actually contain the illegal material with a download link.