• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
Youtube link to video

What the fuck is going on at Popeyes these days???

COLUMBIA, Tenn. (KABC) -- Another incident of violence erupted at a Popeyes with an employee allegedly body slamming a woman onto the concrete outside a Tennessee restaurant.

Video of the alleged incident has gone viral and is now the subject of a police investigation.

Witnesses say the attack began after a woman disputed a charge on her bill at the restaurant in Columbia, Tennessee.

A heated argument ensued between the customer and several employees, prompting workers to tell the customer to leave the restaurant. Employees claim the woman then used the N-word.

"This ain't no place to say the N-word," a customer who was speaking off camera said in the video.

Footage shows the woman walking out of the restaurant, followed closely behind by several employees, including a man who appears to lift the woman off the ground and quickly slam her on the pavement.

The woman's attorney said the employee's actions weren't justified.

"If she said something that she regrets, it doesn't give a grown man the right to chase her into the parking lot as she is trying to leave the store, and body slam a 55-year-old grandmother down on the concrete," he said.

The customer's attorney also said the woman suffered nine fractures, including six broken ribs and a broken knee.

Police arrested 29-year-old Deriance Hughes, who faces aggravated assault charges.

The attack comes after a series of violent incidents at Popeyes restaurants around the country, including in Maryland where a man fatally stabbed another customer outside of a location in a fight over the recently re-released chicken sandwich.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
Remember when people said Joker would cause violence? A chicken sandwich has managed to bring the worst out of people even more.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"If she says something she regrets, it does not give a grown man the right to chase her into the parking lot as she is trying to leave the store and slam down a 55 year old grand mother on the concrete."

Buddy, she said the n-word. The only thing she regretted was saying it in ear shot of him and getting fuckin owned for it.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
"If she said something that she regrets"

I doubt she regretted it until she got hurt

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
One day white people will learn to stop calling us niggers. *(shrugs)*

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Don't say the fucking n-word to someone who's twice your size, twice your weight, and half your age.

Actually don't say the n-word... EVER!

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
15 fractures seems kinda hectic for a body slam, how hard did he throw her???? lol

Maybe don't use slurs.

edit: I'm not celebrating violence, but like, c'mon. You don't say the n-word. Given the heated situation it obviously came from a place of hatred on her end. This could've gone a lot more wrong than it did had it been a different situation and she's lucky she was just thrown.

Last edited:

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't blame the dude at all for doing it, but he should absolutely face the punishment for doing so. But like, normal punishment, not the harsher black punishment he most likely will.

Sep 28, 2019
She was bad skilled. She put up many points in her taunting shout but had not much defense it seems...
Reskill needed.
I suggest some extra points in Intelligence..
That unlocks some of the more advanced Dialog options in the RPG called :
"LIFE - every day more , is a day less"

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Popeye did always solve things with his fists...

WE+AIM+TO+PLEASE+%281%29.png

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
If I was part of the jury I don't know if I would convict that guy.
I love the mugshot though.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
giphy.gif

Again, don't start nothing. Won't be nothing.

(yes I stole this from another topic lol)

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
Saw this. Initial reaction was outrage. After seeing all the other context videos, ehh its whatever.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Should have just said something just as insulting back to her.

Like calling her a boomer. I've heard people say that's just as bad as the n word

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yikes. She deserved to get thrown out. She deserved to get physically pulled out if she was in there starting trouble. Which she was. But man, that slam is going to destroy that guy's life.

I can't blame him for getting heated but he took it way too far.

Wonder how many lives that woman pollutes walking around with her racist ass.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
I feel this story is told wrong. Order of importance

1)The outright disrespect fast food workers get.

2)Her use of a slur that offended apparently everyone in the restaurant

3)Him attacking her

While #3 is absolutely wrong and he's going to pay for it...i learned a long time ago don't use fighting words (see 1 and 2) and not expect a fight. She set this sequence in motion and paid for it

The chicken had really nothing to do with it, lol

FILE_ID.DIZ

Banned
Jun 1, 2019
Fort Wayne
PSGWSP.

I mean, yeah, that's some serious hurt to dish out, but what, exactly, did she expect? A calm, rational lecture on why you can't say that?

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
I feel this story is told wrong. Order of importance

1)The outright disrespect fast food workers get.

2)Her use of a slur that offended apparently everyone in the restaurant

3)Him attacking her

While #3 is absolutely wrong and he's going to pay for it...i learned a long time ago don't use fighting words (see 1 and 2) and not expect a fight. She set this sequence in motion and paid for it
You forgot the best part.

When the manager threatened to call the police while she refused to leave, she replied "bring it on, half my family is the police."

White privilege thru and thru

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
While I don't necessarily agree with body slamming a 55 year old women who is probably way out of your weight class, I can't say she didn't have some retribution coming for that comment.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I mean damn she got fucked up. I don't know why people think they can get away with that kinda shit, even the dumbest fucking racist must know that there's a high chance it ends badly for them.

Oct 27, 2017
My only "issue" is that they followed her outside of the store.

It works to her favor when she tries to spin the narrative that she was being harassed

Status
Not open for further replies.