• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting to see so many talk like acts of extreme violence against women by men can be justified as long as he was sufficiently verbally provoked.

There's never a valid excuse for any man to do that to any woman.
"Sufficiently verbally provoked".

Anything to trivialize the racist epithet she proudly uttered, am I right?

Disgusting. I'd tell you to be ashamed but I doubt you can feel it.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately in the modern day try to never get into fights for anything everything is recorded and people have learned to lawyer up and work the system.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has got to be the most fucking dumb shit show I've seen from resetera in a long fucking time. Holy fuck I didnt think it was this bad.(in response to the fucking ignorance and people spreading bad faith racism)

Nov 1, 2017
You know he was murdered, right? Despite being peaceful.

Right?

You know white people hated him.

Right?
And that he was one of many and not the be all end all of the movement. That those like him and those willing to engage in violence were collectively part of that movement including after his murder. I don't know why the civil rights movement is constantly presented as a strictly pacifist struggle.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So if I'm reading this shit right, black people are expected to be saints and better than some racist intolerant fucks by always doing the high ground and never once retaliate because ....... I dunno. This shit makes no sense to me. Try to talk to the bully has almost always never worked and it's always said someone who hasn't been in that shitty situation.
I don't think "not body slamming a person when you are in no physical danger" is really expecting someone to be a saint. I'm not even saying to try to talk to her. I'm saying that sometimes putting up with an asshole is ultimately a better solution than attacking them. Nobody is better off in this situation. Nothing will get better. Even if you are going to argue violence as a means for social change, has there ever been a case where random acts like this have caused it? Organized groups, sure, but impulsive attacks like this?

Honestly I don't know what the solution is. I just can't see this as being helpful, at least in this instance

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting to see so many talk like acts of extreme violence against women by men can be justified as long as he was sufficiently verbally provoked.

There's never a valid excuse for any man to do that to any woman.

Hey look another post that conveniently leaves the context of why she was body slammed out.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
And that he was one of many and not the be all end all of the movement. That those like him and those willing to engage in violence were collectively part of that movement including after his murder. I don't know why the civil rights movement is constantly presented as a strictly pacifist struggle.
Because it's a narrative that makes it safe to be racist filth.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
I mean, even outside of this particular topic, we all already know you're a racist.
You know nothing about me.

Anyways I stand by not resorting to physical violence. It didn't help anything and now he will be paying a woman using racist words for her injuries. There were better ways to go about this. Ill leave it at that.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think "not body slamming a person when you are in no physical danger" is really expecting someone to be a saint. I'm not even saying to try to talk to her. I'm saying that sometimes putting up with an asshole is ultimately a better solution than attacking them. Nobody is better off in this situation. Nothing will get better. Even if you are going to argue violence as a means for social change, has there ever been a case where random acts like this have caused it? Organized groups, sure, but impulsive attacks like this?

Honestly I don't know what the solution is. I just can't see this as being helpful, at least in this instance

He wasn't trying to be helpful. He had an emotional response to one of the worst epithets you can hurl at a black person.

People need to stop acting like every black person out here is trying to create world peace.

Black people aren't going to solve this shit. The white people that are going to coddle this woman after this event are the people who can stop it. The white people in this thread tut-tutting a black man are the ones who can make this better. This black man is showing that saying racist shit has consequences. White people are going to be too busy tripping over themselves to protect a racist instead of making her the pariah she should be.

Trejo

Oct 25, 2017
What she said was awful, but what he did was life threatening, and that's a HUGE difference. Also, him doing that just fed into her belief about black people. Imagine if he sat down with her and talked about why she feels that way, it would be a major long shot, but maybe he could have made her see things just a little bit different? Naivety maybe, but I do know body slamming her definitely didn't make her see the light.
And there it is. "Why can't black people be bothered to sit down with racists who hate their guts and politely explain to them that being racist is wrong?".

I swear it's never the racist's fault with some of you people.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Him not body slamming her doesn't stop her from spouting racist filth. Her not spouting racist filth does stop her from getting body slammed, though.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think people need to learn that the n-word isn't just a normal word. Hell I've been taught its more offensive than going to a class of mentally handicapped children and calling them the r-word since the n-word has more of a history of hate behind it.
The sum of it, THE N WORD ISNT JUST A GODDAMMNED WORD. How hard is it for some of you dense mother fuckers to learn.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
And there it is. "Why can't black people be bothered to sit down with racists who hate their guts and politely explain to them that being racist is wrong?".

I swear it's never the racist's fault with some of you people.

That would take too much rethinking, better defend the status quo at all cost. To some people it's always the burden of the oppressed to be peaceful and to coddle the oppressor.

It's sad to see what some people who claim they're allies really think.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He wasn't trying to be helpful. He had an emotional response to one of the worst epithets you can hurl at a black person.

People need to stop acting like every black person out here is trying to create world peace.

Black people aren't going to solve this shit. The white people that are going to coddle this woman after this event are the people who can stop it. The white people in this thread tut-tutting a black man are the ones who can make this better. This black man is showing that saying racist shit has consequences. White people are going to be too busy tripping over themselves to protect a racist instead of making her the pariah she should be.
I get that. I just don't think that's an emotional response like this is ever good justification for hurting someone. And we should absolutely shame the racist women. She is absolutely not a blameless victim in this. The only reason I'm personally (since I can't speak for anyone else in this thread) discussing the guy more is because more people are acting as if he did nothing wrong. What he did was understandable, far more so than what the woman did. That doesn't mean it should be celebrated.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get that. I just don't think that's an emotional response like this is ever good justification for hurting someone. And we should absolutely shame the racist women. She is absolutely not a blameless victim in this. The only reason I'm personally (since I can't speak for anyone else in this thread) discussing the guy more is because more people are acting as if he did nothing wrong. What he did was understandable, far more so than what the woman did. That doesn't mean it should be celebrated.

/shrug

I don't care what happens to racists.

Coyote Zamora

alt account
Banned
Jul 19, 2019
Here's primer for those that don't get it.

Saying the N-word means: "Dear sir or madam i want to offend you, your family and your ancestors so thoroughly and completely that i m willing to risk you responding with a visceral and violent physical reaction."

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Wish the guy wouldn't have done that, not for the sake of the lady, who deserved it for throwing a insult loaded with centuries of vileness, but for the fact that he's definitely out of a job and will have a way harder time getting a new one because of the optics on this incident, and his more than likely jail time.

Was gonna post this earlier and got pulled away, only to see that I was probably right based on the last couple pages.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know nothing about me.

Anyways I stand by not resorting to physical violence. It didn't help anything and now he will be paying a woman using racist words for her injuries. There were better ways to go about this. Ill leave it at that.

I'm still waiting to be educated on how there was a better way to go about this.

Oct 31, 2017
Ughhhh I REALLY wish he didn't go _that_ far. I mean I seriously hope this somehow doesn't fuck his entire life up.

Fuck that lady. She's obviously a trash human being. Even if she gets paid this is going to sting for the rest of her life.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Here's primer for those that don't get it.

Saying the N-word means: "Dear sir or madam i want to offend you, your family and your ancestors so thoroughly and completely that i m willing to risk you responding with a visceral and violent physical reaction."
"I have done this knowingly and with the expectation that you will not respond brought on by a level of confidence inherent in the station above you that my race grants me in the American system."

Oct 27, 2017
You're responding to some strawman you've made, quoting and being outraged by things I didn't say.
Right, you weren't one of the diet racists thinly veiling your racism behind that "just words" BS. My bad, easy to get all of you confused.

She made her bed and got to lay in it though. She wants to hurl racist epithets and kick at people, she shouldn't be surprised when people respond in kind.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is the discourse about violence in general or the level of violence

Like if he socked her in the mouth instead of a body slam is this thread different

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Like if he socked her in the mouth instead of a body slam is this thread different
They'll say yes.

But no. These are the same people that got mad over a Black Lives Matter protest blocking a road because hypothetically what if an ambulance may not have been able to get to dying old white woman in time to save her?

Status
Not open for further replies.