• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
One day before the mass murder in Florida.

a Washington state woman handed police her grandson's journal — which allegedly detailed plans for a mass shooting at his high school.

Catherine Katsel-O'Connor called 911 on Tuesday in Everett, Washington, after she read the journal of her grandson, Joshua Alexander O'Connor, the night before, according to court documents.

---

"I'm preparing myself for the school shooting," the teenager wrote, according to court documents. "I can't wait. My aim has gotten much more accurate ... I can't wait to walk into that class and blow all those f---ers away."

In his journal, he also expressed how much attention he had paid to creating the plot and how many of his classmates he hoped to kill.

"I've been thinking alot [sic]," the entry said. "I need to make this shooting/bombing at Kamiak infamous. I need to get the biggest fatality number I possibly can. I need to make this count."

"I've been reviewing many mass shootings/bombings (and attempted bombings)," he added, according to the court documents. "I'm learning from past shooters/bombers mistakes, so I don't make the same ones."

---

O'Connor is charged with attempted murder and assault of a police officer. He was also charged with armed robbery on Monday night, officials said; he planned to use the stolen money from the robbery to fund the shooting, deputy prosecutor Andrew Alsdorf said in court Wednesday, according to The Associated Press.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ed-grandson-s-alleged-school-shooting-n848426

please lock if old

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Damn good on the grandmother and good thing the guy was an idiot and wrote his plans down.

Oct 25, 2017
That grandma is a hero.

What scares me is that there has to be more people like him, and even one of them is already too many.

Oct 26, 2017
California
Damn good on the grandmother and good thing the guy was an idiot and wrote his plans down.
Man, the thing is, I bet there are many of these things written down whether it be social media, texts / snaps to friends, journals, etc. It just seems that parents don't pay any damn attention to their kids anymore and have no idea what they have brewing in the bedroom next to theirs. It's a scary, distracted world we live in today.

Bán

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lifesaver.

There's the whole 'who knows if he would have ever gone through with it when push came to shove' but no chances can be taken with these things and the grandmother is so fucking good for putting the common good above her grandson. So many people would have tried to talk it out because 'family'.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
March's mass shooting is canceled but the ones for the rest of the year are still planned.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow.

Thanks grandma. They are always the best.

She might have wondered if she was doing the right thing, maybe she just thought it was a sick fantasy and her grandson wouldn't do it but after what happened recently, she definitely won't have any doubts about what she did.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super grandma, what a hero!

But yeah, there are many others like him, and this is gonna keep happening until something is done about it. Which the people in charge aren't interested in. NRA money is worth so much more to them than the lives of children. They don't give a shit if your brother or daughter is shot in the head. Not one single shit.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Starts at home for sure. The need to imitate the dumbass glorification media feeds these sickos doesn't help either.

We (the larger world rather than the affected community) don't need to know a killer's name/face. Not surprised at his comment about infamy.

Also, duh, gun control. Shit ain't hard.

Thank God for grandma.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Starts at home for sure. The need to imitate the dumbass glorification media feeds these sickos doesn't help either.

We (the larger world rather than the affected community) don't need to know a killer's name/face. Not surprised at his comment about infamy.
This is nonsense and leads to media grandstanding about not telling us shit like they have been for years. It's not like people won't find out publically available information if they're like the shit in the OP. Don't err on the side of ignorance.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Thank you so so much grandmother. Seriously. It would have made things so much worse now.

We have to do something about this yesterday. It's just so FRUSTRATING that the powers that be don't even want to discuss what they know the problem is.

Ein

Oct 25, 2017
While in custody, O'Connor was able to pull his hand out of one of his cuffs and made a run for it across the parking lot, the court documents state. As he attempted to make his escape, he fell down onto a mulch-covered area near the blacktop. That's when the officer caught up and the suspect "mule kicked" the policeman in the leg.
If he was Black they would've dropped a nuke on his ass, holy fuck.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if he was radicalized with white supremacists or another group. Good job grandmom.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I know it may be mental illness and all that, but it bewilders me that there are people who desire to have a "high score" for killing people. I was a pretty angsty "I hate people / this world" teen too and it's completely beyond me.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lifesaver.

There's the whole 'who knows if he would have ever gone through with it when push came to shove' but no chances can be taken with these things and the grandmother is so fucking good for putting the common good above her grandson. So many people would have tried to talk it out because 'family'.
Well, he is being charged with the actual crimes he committed, not the ones he thought about. Given that he committed an armed robbery to prepare suggests he was fairly serious.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
we don't have a gun problem you libtard jackasses, this is obvious mental health issue (if it exists) and obvious democratic grandmother false flag ops.

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*reads*

While in custody, O'Connor was able to pull his hand out of one of his cuffs and made a run for it across the parking lot, the court documents state. As he attempted to make his escape, he fell down onto a mulch-covered area near the blacktop. That's when the officer caught up and the suspect "mule kicked" the policeman in the leg.

I mean, I'm not gonna say it, but everyone is thinking it...

And grandma is a hero.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Calling these people sick seems like a disservice to people with true mental illnesses. It's like some people are just born monsters, or they were shaped to be one by their environment. Either cases, if the kid secured his funding for the weapons, he would have been able to buy them easily. It's mind bending considering that I attend two colleges at this time. What are the chances of a psycho coming in hot to kill as much student as possible next week? or the month after? the year after? It's giving me anxiety to say the least. The recent shootings are just giving people more motive to do these things.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Thrilled this ass hat is 18 yo so he will be tried as an adult. Not that our gun laws might keep him from getting a weapon, cause you know, god given right en all.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
"I've been reviewing many mass shootings/bombings (and attempted bombings)," he added, according to the court documents. "I'm learning from past shooters/bombers mistakes, so I don't make the same ones."
This part is so incredibly telling. The fact that we publicize the shooters and bombers so much more than the victims gives these potential terrorists a blueprint.

We need strict gun control. We need help for the mentally ill. We need to discourage promoting these terrorists in the media by plastering their name and face all over the news as it only serves to inspire these prospective attackers to "one up" them and learn from them.

We need change and we need it now.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lifesaver.

He robbed a store on Monday to get money to fund this. And he was building explosives to use. He would have definitely gone through with it and its fantastic that he was caught before he did

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been reviewing many mass shootings/bombings (and attempted bombings)," he added, according to the court documents. "I'm learning from past shooters/bombers mistakes, so I don't make the same ones."

Apparently not the most important one, dumbass.

Grandmother is a hero

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
This is nonsense and leads to media grandstanding about not telling us shit like they have been for years. It's not like people won't find out publically available information if they're like the shit in the OP. Don't err on the side of ignorance.
...equating what I said -- don't turn motherfucking killers into icons by having their faces plastered everywhere with American news media's (well, all news media's) flair for amping up fear and making them seem larger than life -- is not covering it up.

I strongly feel that shit would be better served and less sensational in a documentary and while the news blast can focus on the victims, as well as fixing the problem. Argument to be made for studying psyche, etc. but it should be pulled apart from the cult of personality that so often develops.

I've never seen the media grandstanding you reference but I'm sure it happens or has happened to some extent. Not here for it.

I'm glad this one was stopped. And he got away with kicking an officer? Generally speaking that's a Judge Dredd death sentence, isn't it?

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
That doesnt seem like a fair statements. The media can cover these stories without shining a light on the identify of the killer and looking into their personal life like this is some sort of puzzle to be solved.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I wonder how close we get to a mass shooting every damn day...

You know what? I'll guess you're in America. I live in a country that isn't America. Guess how many times I have ever worried about any member of my family being caught in a mass shooting.

It's not less than zero, obviously, but it's less than one.

You need gun control.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome grandma! Dude looks like he's 35, got nothing better to do?

Well, definitely not now.

Apparently not the most important one, dumbass.

Grandmother is a hero

Right?

"Just gonna write this whole plot in this here diary!"

Surprised the stupid fuck didn't accidentaly shoot himself.

SlipperySlope

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
This whole mass shooting thing is a real issue that virtually did not exist 30 years ago. America went 250 years without this problem, and now it happens so often we are numb to it. Something changed in the last 30 years that did not exist in the 250 years prior.

We can all make our guesses but my guess is our parenting changed. Parent are very hands off towards their kids today. A distinct lack of parental discipline for bad behavior. Kids largely get away with anything they want because their parents, sometimes legally, cannot do anything about it. Many parents simply do not care. Can't spank your kids anymore.

Parents were also more apt to send bad kids off to camp/counseling/military school, etc to teach them discipline. That is also all on the decline. Kids are too precious for that stuff.

Schools also cannot discipline kids anymore.

I think if our parenting style went back to what it was prior to say 1970, this issue would no longer happen. Unfortunately even if it started today it would take a generation to get to the point of disciplined kids growing up, much like it took a generation for the shootings to start.

Deleted member 15848

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good on grandma for turning him in

I wonder how many other kids are out there right now who are planning to do the same thing, shit is scary when you think about it