• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't it insane that you have to ask if I was being sarcastic?

Yes. Yes it is ;_;

I've just seen so many posts in the past that I would normally assume are being sarcastic but aren't or don't seem to be that I second guess myself whenever I see some posts that should be obvious sarcasm now ;_:

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Yes. Yes it is ;_;

I've just seen so many posts in the past that I would normally assume are being sarcastic but aren't or don't seem to be that I second guess myself whenever I see some posts that should be obvious sarcasm now ;_:
Its my fault that im not the best at this internet thing. I don't want to confuse anyone. But sometimes people need to be told what they already think in a way that makes them feel like shit.

Oct 26, 2017
The biggest mistake the media ever made was making a habit of showing the names and faces of the shooters, then proceed to tell their life story for two weeks.

We fucked up with the coverage of Columbine, and now this deification has made mass shooting its own religion.

OP
OP
The Artisan

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Lock TILL old you mean dear god
will he be tried the same was if he committed the atrocities?
If he was Black they would've dropped a nuke on his ass, holy fuck.
yeah, that's something else I have thought about when the Florida victims' murderer was revealed to be white, is, why do I feel like even as an evil person as him why do I feel like he's going to have privileges in his trial, simply because he is white? I feel like if he was black, or brown, or Arab, Latino, Asian, anything but white, his profile would already be treated more harshly and other labels would've been put onto his profile other than just "mental illness"
Calling these people sick seems like a disservice to people with true mental illnesses. It's like some people are just born monsters, or they were shaped to be one by their environment. Either cases, if the kid secured his funding for the weapons, he would have been able to buy them easily. It's mind bending considering that I attend two colleges at this time. What are the chances of a psycho coming in hot to kill as much student as possible next week? or the month after? the year after? It's giving me anxiety to say the least. The recent shootings are just giving people more motive to do these things.
yes, that is another thing that pisses me off. I've suffered from mental illness, I know plenty of good people who unfortunately have mental health problems; NONE of whom are psychotic and would want to harm others at all. So grouping all of them together and simply saying these school shootings/mass shootings are just because of "mental illness" is an insult to us. Fuck that shit, fuck that noise.
Jesus. Catherine Katsel O'Connor is a heroine.
Indeed, she is. She deserves a piece on CNN or another news outlet. Her voice and opinion should be heard; this happened one day before the real tragedy after all, I would want to hear her thoughts about how to further stop these things.
Weaker guns wouldn't stop somebody from going on a rampage.

I also think this is an issue of the value of life. As the perceived value of life decreases, the thoughts of doing harm to others would be more palpable. We've seen what happens in nations where the value of life is zero. Atheism plays a role in this.
This might be the first time I've seen someone get banned in a thread that I created.
I'm very glad that the boy's Grandma read his journal, but I'm wondering what prompted her to do it.
Yes, I was wondering that too. Perhaps she was already noticing some disturbing behavior and decided that snooping really was the best thing to do at that point, necessary. And what do you know, she was painstakingly right.
Since this situation was resolved before it ever escalated I am posting the live footage of the grandmother interacting with her grandson /s

stringer-criminalfuckingconspiracy.gif
hahahaha
God. If not for a nosey grandma we could have two massacres in a week.
I think he planned to do it in March, but yeah. If not for her, potentially, more evil could have come to fruition.
Yet, this will get no news time.
Well I actually found out about this story from either CNN or Pix11 news, but yeah. Obviously it doesn't and won't get the attention of what happened in Florida.

Feral

Oct 25, 2017
Your Mom
this is an incredibly minor observation, but I'm baffled that he actually kept a diary in which he described how he wanted to commit a school massacre
How many of these young alienated murderous psychos are there
pretty much every outcast with revenge fantasies is a potential danger. Though only very, very few would act on it

Last edited: