• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Hopefully this wasn't posted already, search doesn't work properly for me on mobile.

When singer R. Kelly was arrested earlier this year on sex abuse charges, south suburban restaurateur Valencia Love paid his $100,000 bail to get him out of the Cook County jail.

Then, a few months later, Kelly was arrested on federal charges out of New York and Chicago, and ordered held in federal detention where he remains awaiting his trials in those courts.

It led an attorney for Love to ask a Cook County judge on Tuesday to give her back her money.

"There's been a substantial change in circumstances," attorney John Collins told Cook County Judge Lawrence Flood. "She didn't know that New York was gonna indict, she didn't know that Minnesota was gonna indict. She didn't know that Northern District of Illinois was gonna indict."
More at the link. When you do clownery, etc.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
I learned the other day that if you post someone's Bail you are actually responsible for making sure they show up to court and that if they don't you can be held liable for there inability to show up to court. I wouldn't post bail for anyone but the closet family.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
b4a.jpg

No sympy at all.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
She wouldn't have gotten that money back anyway since the bond agency charges a 10% fee on the million dollar bail. But now she's worried that Kelly won't be able to pay it back.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
They should make her pay another $100k, just because she's an idiot supporting a pedophile rapist in the first place.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did they tell her that her money is trapped in the closet? That might help to clear everything up.