1. hydrophilic attack

hydrophilic attack
    Member OP

1. you're not idris elba

2. many such people who we've assumed to be attractive and nice and cool have in the last year in fact turned out to be massive creeps and severely traumatized (or at least negatively affected the career opportunities of) countless women

2. excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Gosh I just can't figure out why so many men seem to really relate to incels on this forum, it's so hard to figure out why.

3. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

I look at my friends first, then ask my friends to meet more people. Or I use one of many social events located in my era. Or I go to the bar/club and chat it up with people. Or I realize that looking for a SO based on how beautiful they are rather than whether or not I want to spend the rest of my life with them is silly.

And you accuse others of trolling?

It seems like men refuse to see this or think they are the one exception to the rule. It's disgusting.

4. Amevila

Amevila

I know it's sad we phase out of existence outside of grocerie shopping and our way to work.

5. ViewtifulJC

ViewtifulJC
    Banned Member

Ok I think you hit your shit posting quota for the day

6. Shandy

Shandy

In settings where there's an agreement that approaches out of romantic or sexual interest are expected and welcomed

Get to know someone as a person who thoughts and ideas and feelings and interest, finding a connection with them, and then asking if they'd like to take it further

A setup through a mutual friend

Tell them that they must track down my father, guardian of my womanhood, and complete the heroic quest assigned to them, whereupon I shall grant them my hand in marriage

7. Gravy Boat

Gravy Boat

So, a womans desire to be left alone be damned, if a man wants to date that takes priority?

8. hydrophilic attack

hydrophilic attack
    Member OP

no that's probably genuine?

are you saying every single person (or even a majority of people, or even one in ten) you've approached have reacted this way?

if not, we're back to the argument i made on the last page:

9. Sunster

Sunster

You could say that about literally anything. Doesn't make it a good idea when time and time and time again when asked women are saying they don't want that.

10. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

And you haven't with your mansplaining?

11. psychowave

psychowave

women: please don't do this. it makes us feel unsafe
    men: okay but ~*~*~*~*I*~*~*~*~ have had ~success doing it so i'm gonna keep doing it anyway

12. hydrophilic attack

hydrophilic attack
    Member OP

that's your takeaway here?

13. Shugga

Shugga

So what if 95 women felt uncomfortable, I banged 5 woman (sic) I tried this on !

14. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

The funny part is that we're now on "what if one hypothetical person succeeds"? Not even real people, we're down to the idea. Like, it's getting sadder and sadder.

15. shanafan

shanafan

But someone posted earlier that girls don't go to these places to meet guys.

16. excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

I'm sorry you feel that about my post, alas I and many others disagree andaI am not interested in quiet servitude towards your opinion.

17. Uno Venova

Uno Venova

I fucking wish I was.

18. Mist

Mist
    Toon Link Administrator

This thread is about women's experiences, and what makes them feel uncomfortable. So while you are free to take part and post, do not do so dismissively or without sensitivity to the issues being discussed.

19. psychowave

psychowave

who cares if a bunch of women probably went home feeling unsafe? who cares if it's not the first time it happens to them and this interaction made them feel that much more unsafe and insecure when going outside? who cares if, when i was interacting with them, they were desperately trying to figure out ways to get out of the situation, and wondering if i'd be one of those men who get violent when rejected? i got laid and that's all that matters

20. Uno Venova

Uno Venova

Right, and I think I asked you to expand on that, if even your actions pleased 99 people but displeased 1 that means you should never do it right? Since it has the potential to “make the life worse” of one person?

21. Dragnipur

Dragnipur
    Banned Member

Bars and clubs are terrible places to meet people

22. Shugga

Shugga

Ah but you see it's about survival of the species. Only women you approach on the streets are fertile and can bear children and deliver them safely.

23. Uno Venova

Uno Venova

Right, so what are the actual accepted places based on this forum. If even one woman feels uncomfortable getting approached at the club, does that mean clubs are off limits?

24. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

Then go to a social event. Or join a club where you physically meet people. Or, far more importantly, realize that SO are people you will spend the rest of your life with and be more focused on gaining a lot of friends you want to hang out with and see where it goes from there.

25. i-hate-u

i-hate-u

To some of the other guy posters in this thread, where is you dignity? Why are you belittling yourself trying to approach a woman for romantic reasons when 10/10 times you end up looking like a loser?

26. ViewtifulJC

ViewtifulJC
    Banned Member

• User Banned (2 Weeks): Continuing disruptive and inappropriate behaviour in a sensitive discussion. Accumulated infractions.
    And how is sarcastically lobbying shots at men who disagree with them, personal name calling as incels and social degenerates, productive and not at all dismissive?

27. Uno Venova

Uno Venova

I did? I thought one poster was being sarcastic and I was mistaken, you talking about that?

28. Bulby

Bulby

No one is advocating that behaviour.

You dont ban driving cause some people cant drive for shit and kill people.

29. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

Your purposeful obtuseness wasn't funny the first time, and it ain't funny now.

30. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

No, but you ban Drunk Driving because even though you can find probably a few cases where Drunk Diving didn't kill people, it still causes enough trouble.

31. Uno Venova

Uno Venova

• User banned (1 week) - Dismissing women's concerns in a sensitive topic over a series of posts
    Good! I’m not trying to be funny.

32. Celestine

Celestine

You’re talking about men’s opinions, not listening to the women, and then telling me I’m wrong, when I have many years of experience being a woman and listening to other women talk about men when men aren’t around and we can speak freely. Congrats on the sex and all but it’s really off putting to most of us. And I’ve had many, many interactions where I’ve smiled and acted “charmed” even when I felt creeped out. It’s more common than you realize, and you’ve made it quite clear that you realize very little.

33. Driggonny

Driggonny

Get off this shit. Stop making up numbers that appeal to you.

The question is "if my actions make 99 people uncomfortable and 1 was ambivalent, should I never do it?"

34. Elynn

Elynn

Being hit on by random men in the pasta aisle of the supermarket isn't the pinnacle of social interaction you seem to think it is.

35. Beefy

Beefy
    Community Resettler Member

Nah fam

36. shanafan

shanafan

But that's the thing. It's not a 10/10 fail rate. Even if you do fail, then accept defeat and move on. I don't mind looking like a loser to a total stranger because (1) I won't probably ever see them again and (2) I had the courage and confidence to try in the first place.

37. excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bro you compared women asking to not be hit on in grocery stores and places like that to us demanding quiet servitude from men.

Also I said many men on this forum relate to incels, not that they are incels, this is factual because you know I've seen the incel threads and they are full of dudes relating to em.

Social Degenerates is something you just invented wholecloth so

38. LogicAirForce

LogicAirForce

gotta be honest, I ask myself that every time I come here.

39. Sunster

Sunster

They like the idea that it's an option. Women telling them not to do it feels like a restriction and that's why we're seeing all the mental gymnastics in here. Guys are really trying to tell women that what they feel isn't logical so they're going to go ahead and continue.

40. mael

mael

Can we stop with the shitty narrative that everyone met their SO because they were daring enough to talk to a perfect stranger?

41. Pau

Pau
    Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children Moderator

I hope the men in this thread using these approaches put as much effort into talking to the men around them about not reacting negatively to rejection and/or being gross human beings. If you really want to keep approaching women on the street, at least do your part in trying to make these encounters less threatening.

42. excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

That ain't courage dude.

43. Papa Satanás

Papa Satanás

cold opens and mansplaining and all these gross obsessions with getting the green light to overstep boundaries, women be damned.

this thread is amazing :')

44. Powdered Egg

Powdered Egg

Some of ya'll dudes need re-education camps.

45. shanafan

shanafan

So I am in the 9.4% bracket (Married for 3 years now and a 6 month old baby). What is my takeaway then?

46. The internet, it's how you meet people these days.

It works.

47. psychowave

psychowave

48. Powdered Egg

Powdered Egg

No offense, some of ya'll are losers. Met all my girlfriends through mutual friends and common interests. It's not that difficult leaving strangers minding their own business alone. Step your life game up.

49. shanafan

shanafan

Yep, that's how I eventually found my wife. She reached out to me, and 6 years later, we have been married for 3 years and have a 6 month old baby. Couldn't be more blessed :)

50. mael

mael

Cool for you, you're still not the subject of this thread which is basically hitting on total strangers in the bus or while they're buying laxative in a pharmacy.