1. 2 of my past gfs have been cold approaches. I'll never stop.

2. [​IMG]

I think I am out of bingos. Good job, gentlemen.

3. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

Imagine having so much pride that you consider your happiness over the happiness over any women.

Imagine.

4. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

At this point we could have Mansplainer Poweball and everyone would be jackpot winners.

5. Mistel

Mistel

"My ex's mean I can harass all women"

6. Soran

Soran

Also stop assuming every woman is heterosexual.

7. hydrophilic attack

hydrophilic attack
    Member OP

even if you don't have friends you should have a family member or coworker or something who can help you take pictures

if you're traveling abroad, you could even cold approach a stranger and ask them to take a picture of you in front of some landmark (and not ask any more than that of them)

8. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

You met 3 of your best friends by asking random people for their phone number? Not like trying to break the ice, just going "hey women, give me your number"? Because that's the OP scenario.

9. JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Don’t do this. Don’t ever do this. This is the scariest fucking thing imaginable and I’m not even a woman.

Don’t.

10. Ralemont

Ralemont

Well, this is why my advice has always been to flesh out one's friend group first. It's literally a win-win in every respect to 1. get friends and 2. get more friends. Even if your friends aren't the ones you date, they all have friends too who might be looking.

Like, if you don't have friends dating should not be a priority in your head.

11. andymcc

andymcc

if this is someone's issue with finding a date, they probably have way more issues than just being romantically single.

12. Bobo Dakes

Bobo Dakes

A less creepy way to say this would've been. It's worked for me in the past, but I'll try to be more considerate and self aware about how I approach people in the future.

13. Excuse me? Why on earth is having friends some sort of requirement for dating?

14. Not in the future since I've been doing that for years already.

15. excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Key word is past.

16. Bulby

Bulby

Someone saying hello to you in public is the scariest thing imaginable...Spiderman?

17. Bobo Dakes

Bobo Dakes

It may not be a requirement, but your date not having ANY friends is concerning.

18. Budi

Budi

I did a google search on that, since it was a new term for me. The first search result I got was site called "doctor nerd love", that was all I needed to know and noped out.

19. JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

The OP is not talking about “hello” and that’s pretty obvious.

20. "past"

Something else might never stop as well.

21. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

Apparently your magic power is being a creep to women, how effective.

Please continue to misrepresent all women so you can feel pride in harassing them.

22. MirVie

MirVie

This as well. My daughter will never give a guy her number. She will never go out on a date with him. She will never be interested, and cold approaching like that will only make her feel uncomfortable, since she simply isn't into men.

But I'm glad to see that after 27 pages of this we finally have men who listen and respect what we have to say /s

23. Bobo Dakes

Bobo Dakes

It's not a site I use, but it's not what you think.

24. Soran

Soran

Is not but is not healthy to put all your eggs on a basket too.

25. Driggonny

Driggonny

It is the law that any and all threads on a women's issue needs to turn into a pity party for men who can't find a date.

26. hydrophilic attack

hydrophilic attack
    Member OP

So are you talking here about experiences of you, a woman, approaching other people, or other people approaching you?

If I'm understanding what people here are saying correctly, because of the difference in power and size between the typical man and the typical woman and because of the difference in statistics of violent crimes committed by men compared to violent crimes committed by women, there may be a difference in how people would feel about being approached out of the blue by you, and how they would fell about being approached out of the blue by men

(Sorry for mansplaining)

27. Kite

Kite

• User Banned (1 Week): Trolling in a serious thread. Dismissive behaviour.
    I would not ask a gaming board about normal social interactions. Half of ya'll likely find talking to the GameStop clerk and turning down their rewards card sales pitch a traumatic experience.

28. andymcc

andymcc

what's your over/under average, ya fuckin creep

29. excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

If it comes up that you have no friends.... I'm probably going to assume dating you is a one way ticket into a wood chipper somewhere.

30. Bobo Dakes

Bobo Dakes

same for any thread critical of nerd culture.

Talk about one thing but they have to make it about them because they feel attacked.

31. Trojita

Trojita

That's kind of fucked up.

32. Budi

Budi

Hmm, is it satirical? Haven't read any of the articles but "Harris O'Malley (AKA Dr. NerdLove) is an internationally recognized blogger and dating coach who gives dating advice to geeks of all stripes. Making nerds sexier since 20011"

33. Xaszatm

Xaszatm

Because dating is a bloody social interaction. If you cannot have friends, what makes you think you can get a date to begin with?

34. OnionPowder

OnionPowder

i'm not a woman but i would be perfectly okay if i never spoke to another human being outside of my immediate family, so i try to treat people the same way.

35. excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Why would I want to take my chance with some cold calling dude who somehow admits while trying to get my number that he has no friends at all...

Red flags dude.

36. Pet

Pet

Personally I don't mind, mostly because the kind of men that do that generally tend to be the most laughably transparent men ever and so I'm just like....man this is so awkward and cringy.

I guess it might work on some people, so more power to them. I can't imagine myself ever dating a person who, in my view, had so little respect for relationships that they're Tindering real life. (The only Tinder addicted dude I know IRL is really insecure and is someone I would never date.)

37. Sho_Nuff82

Sho_Nuff82

Lol you don't need group photos for a successful dating profile. If you have zero friends that's going to come out in conversation on the first date anyway, she'll know if you don't do anything social at all.

38. Trojita

Trojita

I thought you meant in general, not as in cold calling + no friends.

39. Finale Fireworker

Finale Fireworker
    Love each other or die trying. Moderator

How long until somebody says "actually, most women I meet actually like the wood chipper"?

40. SSJDio

SSJDio

Edit- misunderstood.

41. Bobo Dakes

Bobo Dakes

I just meant, it's not "okay nerds, here's how you get the girl from those mean good looking jocks."

Nerd pandering basically.

I'd recommend the self confidence blogs on their to half the people in here who seem to hate themselves.

42. Most of the time it works since they usually show some interest first -- a prolonged look, a smile, etc.. When it didn't work, it's easy to know when to get up out their face from body language or actual language.

In retrospect, no one asked me. The thread said "women of era". I'm out of line, I'm sorry y'all!

43. Morrigan

Morrigan
    Armoring Moderator

Wow. I think this thread filled them all, but the bottom right one has got to be the most checked (along with 4th from left on row 1). So many "Oh so we can't even say hit to women now, is this the Taliban????" kind of posts, lol.

44. hydrophilic attack

hydrophilic attack
    Member OP

actually, most women I meet actually like the wood, chipper

45. Elynn

Elynn

Honestly even telling them you're gay isn't enough for some, it's just taking risks for not much result.

46. excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

This thread is entirely about cold approaching women.
    If someone approaches me in say the fucking super market and tries to pick me up while letting on that he has no one in his life who likes him, I'm running as far away as possible.

47. Trojita

Trojita

fix'd.

48. Bobo Dakes

Bobo Dakes

I still can't believe that guy said

"Well is being uncomfortable that bad"?

49. Ralemont

Ralemont

Well, putting aside dating for a moment, having friends is simply going to benefit you as a means to have a healthy mental and social life. It's going to put you in a more positive mood, boost your self-esteem and confidence, expand your horizons and interests, and give your life more variety. This in itself makes you a more attractive partner romantically.

For dating, friends are important because they can show someone that you are a functioning person capable of maintaining healthy relationships in your life. They show that you are the type of person people enjoy calling a friend. They show that you won't be fully dependent on a dating partner for all your emotional needs and that you will have other things to do in your life when the two of you aren't meeting up so that you aren't overly clingy. Besides what having friends demonstrates, friends can ALSO turn into potential dating partners, which is why I said it was a win-win.

50. DukeBlue

DukeBlue

Lmao!