• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
YOU NEED TO WATCH IT AND YOU WILL CRY DAMMIT:

PBS - http://www.pbs.org/about/about-pbs/stations/
t1549760400z1.png

HBO - https://play.hbonow.com/
t1549764000z1.png

https://deadline.com/2018/12/wont-you-be-my-neighbor-documentary-premiere-date-hbo-1202517329/

Oscar-winning director Morgan Neville's critically praised documentary Won't You Be My Neighbor has been slotted for premiere on HBO on February 9. In addition, HBO will honor Fred Rogers' contribution and commitment to public television with a special presentation of the film on PBS' Independent Lens, coinciding with the HBO debut.

5049.51_fred_danieltiger_custom-aa9280a909c09a639c204c7dc5ee027ca69bb201-s800-c85.jpg

Won't You Be My Neighbor? takes an intimate look at America's favorite neighbor: Fred Rogers. The documentary tells the story of a soft-spoken minister, puppeteer, writer and producer whose show was beamed into homes across America daily for more than 30 years. In his beloved television program, Mister Rogers' Neighborhood, Rogers and his cast of puppets and friends spoke directly to young children about some of life's weightiest issues in a simple, direct fashion. There hadn't been anything like Mr. Rogers on television before, and there hasn't been since.

Dec 22, 2017
Thanks for the reminder. Mr. Rogers had a huge impact on my life and I don't think I would be half as well adjusted as I am without that show.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you so much for this thread. I had no idea and have been wanting to watch this quite badly.

Stone Dudeman

Oct 27, 2017
As much as I'd like to see this I couldn't make it through the trailer without tearing up, so it'll have to be for another time.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Not going to be able to rewatch until it's on HBO on demand tomorrow unfortunately, but if you have either station I absolutely can't recommend enough that you give this a watch, tonight or at some point. One of the best documentaries I've ever witnessed

Oct 27, 2017
I share my HBO Now account with my mom and told her what the movie of the week is and she asked if it's about Mr. Rogers molesting children. It's sad that that's where people's minds go now.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
I watched this on Netflix the other night and man it hit me pretty hard at points. This movie stuck with me a few days after as well and I thought about it many times. He was truly an amazing person and it's funny how when you look back at his show you realize how much he spoke to everyone although the show was geared towards kids.

He really captured the thoughts of people you hand old at the most basic level but really that's all the messages needed to be, be good to one another and it's fine to have questions and feelings.

Fred wasn't perfect, and I really liked how the film focuses in at times how some of the episodes and thoughts were questions or concerns of his own based on the mindset he was in at times.

Amazing film I hope a lot of people watch it, certainly felt in a good mood after watching it.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My mom saw the commercial for it and is now all about it and since we don't have cable or OTA television was actually willing to pay to see it if it went up somewhere as a rental, so it's good we subscribe to HBO.

As for me I am of the age that Fred Rogers and Sesame Street had a huge impact on me as a child and was very influential on my early development, so I was in as soon as my mother pointed it out and found a thing to show me about it.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I cried like at least 3 times during this documentary. I wish we had more goodness and decency.

Apr 8, 2018
Finished watching this a bit ago. What a wonderful documentary. Fred Rogers is such a great and inspirational human being.

Nitemare_zero

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was ok and I will admit
the wheelchair kid got to me
. But this was more of a love letter than a documentary.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
The scenes about Francois Clemmons and Fred's friendship really affected me. It is painfully human and hit home about while not perfect Fred really did make his life a mission to accept and include as many people as possible even when it required himself to change, rexamine his own thinking. A beautiful documentary.

I thought it was ok and I will admit
the wheelchair kid got to me
. But this was more of a love letter than a documentary.

Lol. What do you mean? If you can pinpoint where it contradicted historical record of Fred's career/journey I'll take this contrarian nonsense seriously.

Nitemare_zero

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol. What do you mean? If you can pinpoint where it contradicted historical record of Fred's career/journey I'll take this contrarian nonsense seriously.
Not saying it's contradicting anything I'm assuming everything stated was true. What I meant by love letter is exactly that I didn't feel like I was watching a documentary but a love letter to Mr. Rogers thanking him for everything he's done and how much he is missed.

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tears were shed

Manly Crocodie tears

What a goddamn documentary

If there's a heaven this man deserves 1st spot, Eternal Hall of Fame of Humankind

I watched for nostalgia, grew up watching him
Those feels

That Superman story with kids and capes, getting injured, it was 100% how my mom used to watch with us learned about it and shut that shit down in our household

Bless you Mr. Rogers

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched this with my wife and I think after about 30 minutes we were crying nonstop for the rest of the movie.

Fred Rogers was the best of us.

It bothers me that on his deathbed he was worried that he wasn't a "sheep"-I would have told them that he was a shepherd. More so than anyone else on this planet. He was Christ-like in as far as just believing that love is the reason for life and the answer to our problems.