• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeOneInaHat

Nov 9, 2017
Based off of the Wired article, I am expecting something better than pro-enhancements. At the minimum what a pro offers, and on average, pro enhancements plus ultra fast load times and streaming benefits.

DrLight66

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
What I want to know is if the PS5 will have it's own "boost mode" for PS4/PS4 Pro games allowing them to run on the Ryzen CPU's default speed. Would be really interesting to see how something like Hellblade would perform and if it could maintain a locked 60fps, 1080p resolution without dropping frames or lowering it's variable resolution and having motion blur.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
PS4 and ps4.2 are the same console and play the same games. Only difference is if the game detects the pro it gives the option to run at higher settings. PSS should play any PS4 game at the highest setting available be that via pro support or dynamic resolution. It will ultimately come down to what software solution Sony is using but I highly doubt they'll restrict the hardware to not take advantage of the added power.

Because they want you're money.

Want God of war 60fps?
Buy a ps4 pro!

They probably won't patch games to give 4K 60fps god of war. But it should run it at either a solid 30 in high res or a solid 60 in performance mode.

Nov 4, 2017
images

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair to OP, the PS4 game has to recognize that the PS5 is a PS4 Pro to enable PS4 Pro enhancements for it to run with PS4 Pro features. Then you would have to unlock Beast Mode to make the game run better on PS5. We can't be %100 sure that the games will run better on PS5 unless we know how it is emulated.

OP
OP
KnightimeX

KnightimeX

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so very happy how optimistic many of your are.
Assuming something not even confirmed.

This gives me hope that it's true!
BRB blocking like 30+ people.

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
Because they want your money.

Want God of war 60fps?
Buy a ps4 pro!

But that example if anything would be a great reason to buy a PS5.

The unlocked framerate in GoW was pretty rough, if a PS5 can give you a steady 60fps, that's pretty big.

Plus I imagine Sony would love to lock you into their CURRENT gen ecosystem rather than the obsolete one.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I'm so very happy how optimistic many of your are.
Assuming something not even confirmed.

This gives me hope that it's true!

i mean, you came in asking a question that's phrased badly, then starts spewing pessimism when people answered with their logical speculation...

so pardon us for scratching our heads by your response so far.

also on the bolded, ain't you doing the same?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PS5 should just have brute force resolution upgrades for all PS4 games.

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Perhaps they give you the option in which mode you want to run your ps4 games.

Deleted member 15973

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will they release a patch on PS4 that allows the PS4 game to take advantage of the PS5 even though it's on a PS4.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Many of you are really taking for granted just what "BC" entails given the complete lack of any detail whatsoever on how much it will support and to what extent. But far be it for anyone to actually question just what that is without being dogpiled.

SomeOneInaHat

Nov 9, 2017
You are not off base.
So based off of that, my answer to OP:

If Sony or a third party decided to do a half-assed "remaster" rather than just letting the system do it's dang dirty then they would be met with ridicule and shame. Insurmountable shame.
So, it'll probably happen... even if it doesn't need to happen.

Deleted member 15973

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is like that time Sony said the PS4 Pro patches are free because people thought you would pay for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.