• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
So basically, today there's been an rumour on Injustice 3 as well as future WB Properties on 4chan. Despite the Dubious Nature of 4chan pepole are still beleiving the rumour:

The rumour is as follows:

- Hitman 3. Final game of the reboot trilogy. Deluxe / Upgrade edition gives access to all previous base and DLC locations from 1 & 2, giving a total of 29 locations. Three missions will have optional co-op. Holiday 2020.

Batman 2020. Roger Craig Smith and Troy Baker return. Soft reboot, no Arkham title, ignores previous plots. Gameplay and mechanics from Arkham Knight carry over. Robin, Nightwing and Batgirl all playable. Largest open world Gotham City yet. Vehicles are in but no vehicle battles. Some villains include Joker, Harley Quinn, Court of Owls, Ra's al Ghul, Penguin, Riddler, Dollmaker, Clock King and Black Mask. Late fall 2020.

- Mortal Kombat 11 Aftermath. New edition of the game for sale and upgrade for pre-exitsting owners available. 2 new packs of characters, 6 new arenas and 3 new story chapters releasing over 2 years. Some characters include Takeda, Reiko, Quan Chi, Fujin and Ash Williams / Bruce Campbell. Total roster once all DLC is released will be 40+. Release has been delayed due to contract disputes with Campbell and COVID. Summer 2020.

- Injustice 3. Finale of the trilogy. Two story modes. First Netherrealm next-gen release. More customizing options with 5 slots. Some characters will include John Constantine, Huntress, Penguin, Etrigan, Killer Croc, Zatanna, Doctor Manhattan and Neo / Keanu Reeves. Tournament mode also coming similar to Mortal Kombat 11's Kombat League called Infinite Crisis. Villain of the game is Nekron. Release window eyed for 2022.

And it's been making the rounds with newsites such as WhatCulture making a video on it:

So i wonder if there is any legitmacy to this rumoured leak or is it just hot air because a lot of these seem to be hot air to me.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I certainly hope that's true - Hitman 3 on next gen CPUs with all the old content would be 👌🏾

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Recent contract disputes w/Bruce Campbell (when every detail concerning Ash would've been finalized months and months beforehand) and a detailed roster of a 2022 fighting game automatically make this fake.

Oct 25, 2017
Whatculture covers a lot of WB leaks/rumors, it doesn't mean they know something you don't. Batman is just a thing a lot of people there are interested in.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hitman with SSD so there's no loading between failures would be phenomenal.

Darryn

Oct 28, 2017
South Africa
Hello! That's my post up there. You are absolutely right to be maximum-sceptical of said leak. It's a point I made in the article, that not even I believe it and I do hope that comes across in the writing.

That being said, when I hit a post like this, it's mainly to have some fun speculating. I don't buy it for a second, but it's nice to imagine what could be, which is why I led with the Injustice 3 angle. If that salt-pinching take didn't register, I do apologise for not being clear enough in my article.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I guess it's because Jason Schreier leaked details about a cancelled WB E3 conference that mentioned a Batman game so people just try and come up with stuff that could fit with that narrative.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Considering Ash Williams already got confirmed via a Mortal Kombat promotional email, that mk11 info in regards to contract disputes is bullshit.

Yes Ash and Fujin are coming. The rest is all guesses.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have absolutely zero interest in ever paying or playing another MK or Injustice game. That is, unless John Constantine becomes a playable character...

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Considering Ash Williams already got confirmed via a Mortal Kombat promotional email, that mk11 info in regards to contract disputes is bullshit.

Yes Ash and Fujin are coming. The rest is all guesses.
It's still possible that Ash got delayed due to those disputes. That MK11 Info said Ash is coming but disputes delayed it which honestly is what probalby happened since there is a lot of evidence to suggest Ash was meant to be in FP1

ket

Jul 27, 2018
there have been so many 4chan leaks that have proven to be false yet ppl still make threads about them

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So basically, today there's been an rumour on Injustice 3 as well as future WB Properties on 4chan. Despite the Dubious Nature of 4chan pepole are still beleiving the rumour:

The rumour is as follows:

And it's been making the rounds with newsites such as WhatCulture making a video on it:

So i wonder if there is any legitmacy to this rumoured leak or is it just hot air because a lot of these seem to be hot air to me.

People want to get hope in this apocalyse

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
No Harry Potter or Rocksteady game?

Also, Netherrealm tends to release a game every two years. So 2021 makes more sense for whatever they do. Could the virus situation bump that? Dunno.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because there is literally no other news regarding game announcements. We will take what we can get lol

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
I would hope it's more than that. Kind of lackluster if that's all they bring to the table

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
There's nothing in that rumor that is not plausible. And if WB was going to have a conference I'm sure they'd want to show their projects for the next couple of years.

So yeah.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I haven't heard any of those rumors lol, so I don't know. I imagine people are just desperate for these franchises and are grasping at anything and everything at this point. WB has been pretty much totally absent from the later half of this gen outside MK11.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Batman Arkham Knight without the vehicle combat? Fuck yeah.

Loved driving the Batmobile. Hated Batank combat.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
It all sounds believable, to be honest. Guess we'll know soon enough.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
This leak is obviously fake. No mention of Harry Potter or what Rocksteady's title is. Also doesn't give Batman an actual title, just says "Batman 2020" lol.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sites and YouTube channels need content at the moment especially with so many people online looking for ways to pass the time.

Everything gets an article and / or a video even if it's not from a great source that would usually get attention.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Lol no way is Netherrealm able to pump out all that Mortal Kombat DLC content plus Injustice 3. What a load of shit.

Plus no Harry Potter or Rocksteady's new game? Nah

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly seems too soon for Hitman 3, especially if their production model is like Hitman 2's release.

I know IO has had to outsource development on some maps, but their own approach to level design and systems is a stark leap over Sumo Digital's work.

At the very least, please fix the awful glare and excessive lighting bloom introduced in Hitman 2. It undermines the work of every level and object artist.

Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 3 as a next-gen launch title would be surprising but warmly welcomed. SSD showing its loading time magic. I wasn't expecting it earlier than 2021.

But there are a lot of fake leaks being made as we speak so it's impossible to put any trust on a rumor originating from 4chan.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I just hope you would be able to carry progress over to Hitman 3. I'm not gonna bother unlocking everything for a third time.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who loves Arkham Origins I'm all on board for that Batman game