• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8112

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Translation coming to you from Source Gaming, info from the latest Zelda book. That thread has some other interesting info too.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8112

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Since they're 100% using the BotW engine, I imagine it'll take about 2 years (since BotW took 4+) and come out on Switch. The next one after this will probably be cross gen.

Deleted member 5148

Oct 25, 2017
I would totally be okay if it's not open world, just better graphics 1080p and similar to mario odesey

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah, it's been nine months since the release of BotW. The Zelda team doesn't take a year off or sit around the office high fiving each other after a new game comes out; they probably take a short vacation and then start right back in.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Populate the worlds with meaningful characters. Drop the item system. Contract the overworld slightly and build out interesting towns.

PogiJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The interesting battle this will have to face is, yes, it has the luxury of an excellent foundation already built, so they can refine it to a better overall package than BotW for first-time players.

However, for those of us who played BotW, the wow factor of such an engaging world will be largely diminished, because now we've already experienced the wonder and magic of exploring Hyrule in this fashion. We've already experienced this excellent foundation. So what has a bigger impact, experiencing a new structure for the first time, or experiencing the same structure with new, better furnishings?

It's gonna be tough to impress as much as BotW did.

Then again, it feels like I've said that same thing about Nintendo about 10 times, and yet they keep on delighting.

hupla

Oct 27, 2017
Would super be okay with a BOTW sequel that just adds enemy variety and has expanded dungeons. Don't think they need to reinvent the series again for a bit

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
AHHHH!!

That thread also has some interesting tidbits about BotW development, including concept art for a Kokiri Champion!

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't take that to mean much. Aonuma is the lead producer for the Zelda series; that's all he handles. It's his job to get the ball rolling, to get things started. If we hear from someone other than the producer (like from Fujibayashi, the director) that work is underway, then things start getting interesting, imo.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Everyone will be expecting a BotW successor so they'll make a top down multiplayer rogue like. Just because.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's a direct sequel to BotW. I really, really loved the atmosphere and charm of the game, and I think it'd be really interesting to see a brand new area of the world--like a re-imagined Termina--in the vein of BotW.

Plus, I loved how the Sheika Slate worked in the game, and I think they should continue on with that mechanic for the next couple games.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Since they're 100% using the BotW engine, I imagine it'll take about 2 years (since BotW took 4+) and come out on Switch. The next one after this will probably be cross gen.

I don't think I want them reusing stuff made for a Wii U game. I mean, if it's going to run at that framerate again.

well there's always a zelda game in development. could mean anything

Maybe the guys who made Triforce Heroes got another hot multiplayer Zelda on the way.

Deleted member 2793

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The next one will be a top down Zelda, then a future Zelda game by the console team for Switch too. This is a given, I think.

Pif

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'd be so ok with a botw 2.

Reusing many assets and being a prequel or a side story.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I'm just going to venture a guess and say that there is never really a time where nintendo is "not" working on the next Zelda in some capacity.

That being said... i expect nothing for the next 2 years at least.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I want the Majora's Mask of Breath of the Wild.

Also, I want Majora's Mask HD for the Switch please.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Could be...
Link between Worlds 2.
Triforce Heroes 2
New spin off
A link to the Pass...yes that's it, a clever pun is actually a hint. I'm logic is sound