• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Looks amazing.

So we got an Okami spiritual successor of sorts, but it's mobile only. :/

(Not saying mobile games are bad in any way, just that I don't play them. I'll have to find some way to play this though.)

Edit: Okay, watching the video again this looks so well designed for mobile. Nice to see an intuitive-looking control scheme.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Yamanaka?

Head of design?

Hmm. Wonder how Max Anarchy he'll make this game. At any rate I'm really glad to see him heading a project again, even if it is a small looking game.

TubaZef

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
This looks so beautiful, gonna give it a try. Curious to see how Platinum handles a mobile action game.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks awesome. LOVE LOVE LOVE the art style. I only worry about the monetization part with that endless menu UI of things.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
Only combat arenas :(
Nice experiment and try to make a character action game work with touch controls but that's still not deep enough for me.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Yo. Where. The fuck. Is Lost Order??

Platinum's gotten an entirely different mobile title off the ground, with much more footage, info, and promo while Lost Order was in beta ages ago? Have we heard anything about it since?

Deleted member 300

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nice to see devs actually trying with mobile games more so recently, far to long have they been bogged down with come back in 6hr mechanics and that sorta stuff

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Using Unity, makes sense for mobile to get up and running fast. Love the art style.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always in for Platinum.

It's good that your fingers don't block the action.

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
Yo. Where. The fuck. Is Lost Order??

Platinum's gotten an entirely different mobile title off the ground, with much more footage, info, and promo while Lost Order was in beta ages ago? Have we heard anything about it since?
Hopefully dead. It was too cumbersome and slow for great success. Netmarbe just released Teria Saga and it should have played like that instead.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm a bit... underwhelmed? It looks very pretty but it doesn't seem particularly deep and I don't think what they've shown so far can hold my attention for very long if it's just arena fights with little else.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully dead. It was too cumbersome and slow for great success. Netmarbe just released Teria Saga and it should have played like that instead.

You're mentioning a game Matsuno had nothing to do with, so you're predisposing me to think negatively about it lol.

Also saying "this game should've played like a game I like" is not how we get cool stuff.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
When the DeNA Guy was talking all I could hear was "we provided platinum the tools necessary to influence player behavior to spend money."

Lusamine

Oct 25, 2017
You're mentioning a game Matsuno had nothing to do with, so you're predisposing me to think negatively about it lol.

Also saying "this game should've played like a game I like" is not how we get cool stuff.
I mean go ahead and be fanboy if you want, but unless they do a huge overhaul on it or jump to another platform, the game was going to be a failure. It's not that a like the other game; it's quicker and more active while having the same gameplay itch which gives a better experience on mobile.

Kaako

Oct 25, 2017
Really dig that Okami art style they went with. Won't touch sadly due to mobile.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Wonder how Max Anarchy he'll make this game.

The shrine maidens on the gacha summoning screen have the same hairstyles as the Rin sisters, at least.

tumblr_p9e3qp3F9P1vql4xno1_1280.png

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it will actually work fairly well, very interested in trying it out. The name is still so disappointing though, for such a Japanese game it deserves a better one

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
The name is still so disappointing though, for such a Japanese game it deserves a better one

I agree - the horribly generic title really seems like it could work against the game. A single-word Japanese title with 'World of Demons' as a subtitle would be much more effective in helping it stick in people's minds a bit longer and immediately communicating more of the setting when combined with the subtitle.