• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals World of Final Fantasy: Meli-Melo for iOS and Android. It will launch in Japan in 2017.

Developed by Drecom, World of Final Fantasy: Meli-Melois a casual-themed title different from the previous World of Final Fantasy. Players will be able to stack a maximum of six small characters on top of each other, or four medium characters, or two large characters. Co-op with other players is also supported.
Players will have a "Garden Dome" where they can befriend Mirages and go on an adventure in the other world of Valgallan. The original characters that appeared in the previous game will appear again in this game. The story is told in the form of a manga.

The game's staff includes executive producer Shinji Hashimoto and director Hiroki Chiba, who directed the previous game.
  • "The previous game was a big hit that sold 800,000 copies and had the support of fans overseas."
  • "There were plans for a smartphone release before the development of the previous game, but since it costs a lot to start from scratch on smartphones, we first made a solid game for console, and are making uses of those assets for smartphones."
  • "The World of Final Fantasy series will continue to spread out in the future."
Source: https://gematsu.com/2017/11/world-final-fantasy-meli-melo-announced-ios-android

DarkLordMalik

Oct 27, 2017
800k is decent and it didn't do hot in Japan so I assume majority of it was overseas.

Glad to see the series continue.

DKHF

Oct 28, 2017
800k seems okay, I knew it wouldn't have reached a million. Interested to see pictures of the game when they leak/are posted.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be swell if we got another one for consoles/PC. I enjoyed WoFF a good bit.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bleh is 800k ok for this? Sounds low. I never played it but my son did...over, and over, and over...Even bought him most of the DLC characters for it.

Oh well hope they're happy with those numbers.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
These figures smell badly. 800k might be the shipment number, which would explain the low retail price on Amazon (around $20).

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for a proper sequel. If the mobile game comes to the west I'll give it a try.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Would thought it might of done better with the final fantasy name but guess the Chibi look didn't attract too many people. That said glad they seem to have a good internal number expected for it rather than too high.

I should really go back and complete the end game myself of this (got to the last act before bigger games came along and haven't got back to it). I did like the anime style cut scenes in it and will buy a sequel if they end up doing one (hopefully with more FF characters they didn't visit).

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
World of FF was great. It's a shame it only sold 800k tbh, it deserved to break a mil. Not saying 800k is bad, but the game was great. I was pleased with my experience from start to end.

crimilde

Oct 26, 2017
It was a great little game, I didn't expect to have so much fun with it. It's sad to see it under 1 mil.

Vishmarx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
kinda confirms a sequel , plus a pc release.

im optimistic well a second game at least.

If im being honest theyll be doing themselves a favor by replacing the chibi stuff with tactics style models .

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Probably decent sales considering it was outsourced almost entirely to Tose. Would be super happy with a full sequel, best FF game of 2016.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Would thought it might of done better with the final fantasy name but guess the Chibi look didn't attract too many people. That said glad they seem to have a good internal number expected for it rather than too high.

I didnt get the game but I honestly liked the chibi models (especially compared to the horrible KH-like ones).

Its just that I found the demo completely boring.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
"The World of Final Fantasy series will continue to spread out in the future."

Music to my ears. But I'll be waiting for the PC version for the next game, so if you want me to buy day 1, then don't delay pc version.

Last edited:

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These figures smell badly. 800k might be the shipment number, which would explain the low retail price on Amazon (around $20).

Might and would...

The game sold 800k according to SE and they are happy with the result. They plan to continue the series too. That's great news and i can't wait to hear more about the mobile game now.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game deserves more sales, hopefully the PC release provides a healthy boost.

Also happy it's coming to mobile. Definitely a game I would prefer to have on my phone.

Neo-Rudo

Oct 27, 2017
eh, game sold more than it deserves honestly so good on them. hopefully the mobile battle system is faster than the one in WoFF cause that was so slow i wanted to scratch my eyes out.

Nauren

Oct 30, 2017
I was completely turned off by the game at first. I didn't care for the trailers and cheesiness. I tried the demo and was instantly sold. Love the game. I really want a sequel.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I enjoyed the demo, but never bought it because of the artstyle :/

I will be interested f the change characters designs in a sequel.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Heck yeah, I'll take a sequel! Wouldn't surprise me if we just got an anime or something though instead.

Interesting that NieR Automata outsold an FF Game. And not just by a little...

Deleted member 59

Great results. I really enjoyed the demo but never got round to actually buying it on PS4. Imight grab this on PC soon. Would love this on Switch too!

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Eh wasn't a fan of the original. Found the battle system to be slow even with the fast forward option and the story/characters were complete garbage. Not interested in a sequel, unless they fix all of that.

black070

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was just "Play it first on PS4 and PS Vita", which doesn't preclude it from appearing on other consoles. Could have missed something though.

AefjlbX.jpg

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The game had its problems but the concept is sound and it's a great starting point, glad it's going to continue. Also the story isn't any more ridiculous than Kingdom Hearts has always been, so that's always been an odd complaint to me.

I'm guessing the sales are comparatively low just because of that very silly decision to launch it so close to FFXV; it probably would have done even worse if it launched second as originally planned. Here's hoping any sequels are scheduled more appropriately (March - June time frame, preferably.)

Also I hope these NieR trading art minis are a sign of things to come, because it's funny when people get salty over cute things.

625998.jpg