• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Edit on bottom

So yeah came home to see my little brother's ( 11 years old) switch screen broken and the little bugger wouldn't tell me how he broke it but later revealed that he actually punched the switch screen with his right fist while playing it undocked on the sofa cause he couldn't beat a battle in world of Light.

I'd be furious but thankfully I had a switch screen protector on :| still it's kinda funny that he actually punched it ..I thought he dropped it or something but

IMG_20181215_133214962.jpg

No switch or Fortnite for him for the the next 2 weeks!!!

Edit

Welp I turned it on and it's...broken..it works docked but handheld mode is rekt.
IMG_20181215_135402965.jpg

Looks fine when off though. :(
IMG_20181215_135730847.jpg

Last edited:

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Hehe funny response but I understand the frustration :P , some of the fights are some BS.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The Boss is a pretty tough fight but damn.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
How does the screen itself look without the protector on? I'd think at worst it'd be dented since it's made out of plastic.

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PERfect excuse to get a new Switch and contribute to that 20 million switches sold goal!

Slaytendo, ha magnificent foresight

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This made me scream out loud.

Seriously, if a game is making you this mad, just stop playing. Take a break. Do something relaxing like reading, or something else productive.

You actually end up doing 1000x better at the game afterwards.

I wish I knew that when I was a kid. I also got easily angry back then (thankfully not ever enough to destroy a gaming console).

Deleted member 10273

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well you are already doing the right thing by taking it away for two weeks. Kids need to learn that they're just games.

Deleted member 19782

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
There are some WoL fights I had to step away from and go back to with a higher level but certainly never thought of punching my Switch...

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Like y'all never threw/broke NES controllers out of rage.

(I know we had some where the wires were loose from grabbing the controller cord and whipping the controller into the floor)

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez..

Assuming he's not at peak "I got all the legendaries leveled" status, he could have just waited and came back with better spirits.

I don't know why people torture themselves with these early difficult encounters where you need a good counter and power level first.

Deleted member 47843

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Sep 16, 2018
I've gotten pretty salty at it a few times. No punching things or throwing things though. Haven't done that for years and would be pretty pathetic as a 40 something. :D

I just turn the shit off and don't play whatever game for a few days after getting salty. Whch has happened a few times lately with that and the rpg-ish mode in SC6. I probably need to limit these kind of games until life calms down some though as my frustration tolerance is low as fuck lately and thus get salty too easily gaming.

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People who get violent over video games will never make any sense to me whatsoever. It's a toy. The things that happen in it are completely irrelevant other than providing you a distraction.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Was it the Pauline fight, 8Volt, or The Boss?

That Pauline fight...the memories...the pain...To this day I don't know how the f*** I beat it.
I was just trying to grab mario to throw him off-stage and then the game goes 'VICTORY' and I was like '...what?'

I kinda get the frustration, but if he's gonna punch the switch every time he loses in WoL, either buy him one of those stress balls or straight up one of these
https:///wp-content/uploads/2018/10/nintendo-switch-safe-lock-oct142018-1.jpg

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I understand the feeling, but would never execute my switch like that for a game.

I won't lie, WOL wants to make you punch shit though. :lol

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, it does feel like some challenges in World of Light were designed to not only piss you off, but outright telling you one thing: "How do you beat the cheater? CHEAT HARDER!"

I know I had to skip a few of them early on, but after getting some spirits that gave me some really broken abilities, going back to fight them actually felt great (even if I was using some spirits that put me well above the rating).

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I never broke a console but one time, when I was around 10 or so, my older brothers were beating me in a game and just teasing me about it and for some reason I took the game out of the Dreamcast and snapped it in half. I never did anything like that before and never did again....mostly because my mom let me have it.

RadioJoNES

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And people said getting a glass screen protector was a top priority smfh

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lol

Some of those battles are bs. But I've never punched a console out of frustration