World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth|OT| War Mode Enabled!

Oct 26, 2017
Orlando, FL
That is fantastic. I've wanted an updated version of it for years now.

Hell I've wanted them to put back in the Siege of Undercity, it never made sense they removed it.
Cataclysm redoing the whole EK map probably made them think it wasn't worth the effort to retool it for the marginally updated Undercity?

It is dumb though, Siege of UC is pretty important.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm a Fury Warrior at 370 ilvl.

The problem is that there is too much of a distance between both cannons and where the enemies spawns. By the time I killed one group(even if it take a few seconds), while i slowly walk to the other group attacking a cannon, it already lost over 40% of its health, so after the 2nd or 3rd wave, the cannon is already destroyed and I die.

This is on Mythic mind you, it might be perfectly soloable on Normal or Heroic.

Edit : Yeah, not really. While I can last longer on Normal, I still can't handle every mobs before they destroy one of the cannon.
I think I'll just ask my girlfriend to help me with that boss like last time. Too much of a pain in the ass to solo.
Are you utilizing Heroic Leap and Charge for travel time??

Tonight if I have time, I'll try it on my 345 Arms Warrior. To be fair, I haven't tried it on Mythic in a while. I've been doing it on Normal and Heroic with my 360 Frost DK.

But I'll try my Arms Warrior and let you know.

Nov 1, 2017
Isn't that the class trial now?
This was the original that happened after the Wrath Gate occurred. Both Horde and Alliance went there, it ended with Jaina porting out Varian and co when they were about to start shit with the Horde side. She'd regret that later.

Weird, I played wrath and never did that content.
It didn't last long and then they removed it. Why? BECAUSE. No, seriously, that's kinda the reason. It wasn't considered modern content anymore and that was that.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I tried playing my priest as shadow for the first time since 8.1 launched. I'm 116. I feel so horrendously weak it's unreal. Packs of 3 or more mobs sometimes killed me a couple of times out in the world. Forget actual world PvP -- practically anyone killed me and I didn't have a chance. My output feels super weak, too. Disappointing. I didn't encounter this level of power nerfing when I leveled my boomkin, havoc DH or frost mage.

Oct 25, 2017
I tried playing my priest as shadow for the first time since 8.1 launched. I'm 116. I feel so horrendously weak it's unreal. Packs of 3 or more mobs sometimes killed me a couple of times out in the world. Forget actual world PvP -- practically anyone killed me and I didn't have a chance. My output feels super weak, too. Disappointing. I didn't encounter this level of power nerfing when I leveled my boomkin, havoc DH or frost mage.
Welcome to modern spriest, lol.

Oct 28, 2017
This was the original that happened after the Wrath Gate occurred. Both Horde and Alliance went there, it ended with Jaina porting out Varian and co when they were about to start shit with the Horde side. She'd regret that later.

It didn't last long and then they removed it. Why? BECAUSE. No, seriously, that's kinda the reason. It wasn't considered modern content anymore and that was that.
Huh? You make no sense. There is a lot of content that is not considered modern that has stayed within the game. I believe it was removed do to lore/story changes in the game, nothing else. Unless that is what you meant when you said it wasn't modern, as in not modern to/with current story/lore.

Oct 28, 2017

It was probably removed because the quest line partly took place in old Orgrimmar, in an area that no longer exists. It also involved talking to Thrall as Warchief, but they don't seem to care about bringing back Warchiefs for old quests anymore.

Oct 26, 2017
I boosted my Rogue and 110-120 was still awful where I would die if I ever pulled more than one mob. Wasn't better until I hit a higher ilvl at 120 where I could fight more mobs at once.

Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I played wrath and never did that content.
I think it was the last quest in dragonblight wrathgate chain.
Huh? You make no sense. There is a lot of content that is not considered modern that has stayed within the game. I believe it was removed do to lore/story changes in the game, nothing else. Unless that is what you meant when you said it wasn't modern, as in not modern to/with current story/lore.
Are you talking about the lore change where Sylvanas apparently ordered this?

Oct 25, 2017
The reason people turned it off is still there. Its miserable.

Cool I get more azerite while the knowledge isnt going up so it literally doesnt matter.
Well, at least personally I have found warmode quite enjoyable and the warmode bonus is icing on top. But, at lower levels it's enough to suffer through the occasional ganks by higher level players. Just a matter of personal opinion I guess. I like getting extra AP/gold, but I also like world pvp at times. When I am feeling lazy and just wanna do the quests, I keep it off. Maybe even I wouldn't like it if the rewards were so good that I felt like I had to have it on.

The most fun I have had in warmode has been during incursions. Usually a lot of horde to gank and alliance to back up.

Oct 31, 2017
I boosted my Rogue and 110-120 was still awful where I would die if I ever pulled more than one mob. Wasn't better until I hit a higher ilvl at 120 where I could fight more mobs at once.
I'm not trying to be antagonistic in this thread, but this is hyperbole/exaggeration

I just took my 115 Outlaw Rouge and killed two regular mobs at once (not elites obviously)

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know you could get moonglaives from the Darkshore Warfront. Gotta say, it looks pretty nice. Too bad it's a warglaive, so only DHs can use it.

Nov 1, 2017
You got it at the end there.

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Anyone playing as Holy Paladin here? What weapon are you using?
I still have that 340 Analysis Baton from like first week of LFR. I don't have much free time, so I can't get better ilvl version of that weapon from normal raids.
But are there any other endgame weapons at all? I see different dps ones, but not for healing. It feels like they removed artifact weapons, but forgot to add regular ones.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
That Putress armor, I remember when they announced that stuff. Never got it on my Warlock because I feel it doesnt fit on an Orc.

Need to roll a undead for that.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I'm leveling all my tanks first. It makes it much easier. Got DH, Pally, Druid, DK, also Hunter and Mage to 120. Working on Warrior and Monk right now. Will have 6 120 tanks lol.

Toxi

Oct 27, 2017
Question: Is there any reason to even touch Warmode until I reach max level? Seems like a waste of time when the PvP experience I've had so far is getting 1-shot.

Sovereign

Alt-Account
Dec 26, 2018
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I'm getting trolled so hard with mount drops. So recently I complained about my luck with mounts in Firelands. Today, I just had the mount exclusive to heroic Deathwing drop for the 3rd time. I still don't have either of the other two mounts from there. I know I could be doing normal but the normal Deathwing mount can drop in heroic as well (or at least I think it does).

OP
OP
Tachya
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh I'm getting trolled so hard with mount drops. So recently I complained about my luck with mounts in Firelands. Today, I just had the mount exclusive to heroic Deathwing drop for the 3rd time. I still don't have either of the other two mounts from there. I know I could be doing normal but the normal Deathwing mount can drop in heroic as well (or at least I think it does).
I'll trade ya one of my two spare Al'Akir mounts for that one.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the fatigue is finally starting to set in for me.. I'm basically in prep mode right now, slowly leveling my alts and professions. 8.1 made the game more enjoyable to me, but right now it feels more like an 8.0 fix rather than a completely new content patch. I guess the new raids will help when they arrive though.

I currently have three lvl 120s and I aim to have two more at max level before 8.2 hits. Both of them are in their 110s, so it should be easy enough.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't know you could get moonglaives from the Darkshore Warfront. Gotta say, it looks pretty nice. Too bad it's a warglaive, so only DHs can use it.

Warfronts are soooo boring, but I guess I can take my DH through another for a shot at the glaives.

Oct 25, 2017
I reconnected with my buddy, our guild's raid leader (I've stopped raiding since 2009) and it was kind of hilarious to see him in his raid gear at ilevel 368 despite all his hard work and hours put in.

I'm at ilevel 368 as a total filthy casual. I don't even hit M+ that often. I don't raid. All my gear is from new activities like emissaries and warfrongs for the most part. Some titanforged and warforged M+ stuff.

I looked at some other raider guild members (they're only heroic, not mythic) and they were all only in the 365-375 range too. I felt so bad for everyone. All that work.

I'm actually really happy that my decline into more and more of a casual over the last decade has been matched by the game's changes.

Game continues to feel great to me with plenty to do as someone who plays about 5h a week.

OP
OP
Tachya
Oct 25, 2017
I reconnected with my buddy, our guild's raid leader (I've stopped raiding since 2009) and it was kind of hilarious to see him in his raid gear at ilevel 368 despite all his hard work and hours put in.

I'm at ilevel 368 as a total filthy casual. I don't even hit M+ that often. I don't raid. All my gear is from new activities like emissaries and warfrongs for the most part. Some titanforged and warforged M+ stuff.

I looked at some other raider guild members (they're only heroic, not mythic) and they were all only in the 365-375 range too. I felt so bad for everyone. All that work.

I'm actually really happy that my decline into more and more of a casual over the last decade has been matched by the game's changes.

Game continues to feel great to me with plenty to do as someone who plays about 5h a week.
I mean I guess that’s great for you, but that’s one of the problems with the game right now. It completely devalues the efforts of hardcore and midcore players much too quickly. And the game can’t sustain itself on casuals alone, it just falls apart which is what we’re witnessing now.

Sovereign

Alt-Account
Dec 26, 2018
My druid is 373 without doing a single heroic raid or even a baseline mythic dungeon. He's done one run through a normal raid but got no useful loot from it. The gearing from outside sources is pretty crazy.