• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth|OT| War Mode Enabled!

OP
OP
Tachya
Oct 25, 2017
Been gone a couple of months, did 8.1 bring the nerf to leveling I read about before stopping? I was leveling some allied races but I just couldn't continue with that torture for the upteenth time.
Yeah but I wasn’t leveling anything (at least anything below 110) when it was supposedly really bad and I haven’t leveled anything since the change went through so I don’t have a good frame of reference myself.

Although with the war mode change if you’re leveling an Alliance character with war mode enabled you’ll likely be getting a 30% xp boost on top of any other xp bonuses you have rather than just a 10% one.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but I wasn’t leveling anything (at least anything below 110) when it was supposedly really bad and I haven’t leveled anything since the change went through so I don’t have a good frame of reference myself.

Although with the war mode change if you’re leveling an Alliance character with war mode enabled you’ll likely be getting a 30% xp boost on top of any other xp bonuses you have rather than just a 10% one.
Ok I need to see if I can find the XP changes somewhere. The XP boost for Alliance is nice, too bad I was doing my hordie. Does the XP boost also apply to the 110-120 range, because I have Alliance that I want to level.

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I need to see if I can find the XP changes somewhere. The XP boost for Alliance is nice, too bad I was doing my hordie. Does the XP boost also apply to the 110-120 range, because I have Alliance that I want to level.
The 30% from War Mode does! That with a 5% experience gem and some horde incursions (same as Legion invasions) thrown into the max and leveling is breezy. Mix it up with a few Island Expeditions and you're golden.

Oct 27, 2017
The 30% from War Mode does! That with a 5% experience gem and some horde incursions (same as Legion invasions) thrown into the max and leveling is breezy. Mix it up with a few Island Expeditions and you're golden.
Oh wow, I completely forgot about incursions. Are those as nice as the Legion invasions for leveling?

Oct 25, 2017
I went from 50-70 on my dark iron shaman so fast. Just used heirlooms, plus the xp buff you can buy with legion medals which is 10% and adds 10 to all stats which also persists through death btw, and warmode 30% xp bonus. I did mostly quests but also like maybe 2 dungeons.

OP
OP
Tachya
Oct 25, 2017
Huh.

The higher level story stuff seems interesting enough, but it just makes all the current faction war stuff stand out as very contrived and doesn’t excuse the poor writing.

Like, you can’t just come in and say “hey guys the bad plot/character development was all an intentional setup to juxtapose with this good stuff!”

I mean you could, but it’s hardly an endearing strategy vs. just being consistently high (enough) quality. It’s the same as intentionally sabotaging something then hoping to look the hero by coming to fix it. Except literally everyone involved saw you sabotaging the thing in the first place, so you’re just an asshole. Oh and for some reason we still end up paying the perpetrator the whole time.

Interesting thought experiment would be if software/games could have situations where they’re compelled to fork the code if the user-base isn’t satisfied by some measure. So you either produce good content or risk some other company being able to step in and do your job better.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow, I completely forgot about incursions. Are those as nice as the Legion invasions for leveling?
Dont think so but still lucrative compared to every other way to level. Felt like 50-60% of a rested level. I could be wrong. And that was with the 30% war mode buff, 5% gem and 10% potion. Also, completing the full incursion grants you an additional 10% buff for an hour. It's a no brainer.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Dont think so but still lucrative compared to every other way to level. Felt like 50-60% of a rested level. I could be wrong. And that was with the 30% war mode buff, 5% gem and 10% potion. Also, completing the full incursion grants you an additional 10% buff for an hour. It's a no brainer.
More like roughly 1/3 of a rested level per assault. I'm leveling up some Alliance alts through assaults only. Using a gem, 30% war mode and the prior assault 1hr 10% buff (and this week DMF lol). I don't think everything stacks, but I haven't tried to figure out which.

Hey, for the quests out in darkshore, can those Rares that drop mounts be killed once a day or is it just once every time the Warfront is up?
You don't need quests for the mount to drop. Just kill the rare. You can only kill one rare per character per warfront cycle. Meaning you can kill it while Alliance or Horde holds it, but you can't get kill credit again until the warfront changes hands. (I believe it is 6 days for the scenario to run + resource hand in time. Not totally sure)

I'm running 6 120s through warfront rare hunting and only have 2 mounts left to get. Got the Chimera yesterday. I'd say about half are easily soloable, the others need a few players.

If you don't have Handynotes Warfront addon, stop and get it now. It tells you what you have already killed for the current cycle. It also tells you which rares have items you still need (mounts, toys, etc). It is very accurate and useful.

Oct 26, 2017
More like roughly 1/3 of a rested level per assault. I'm leveling up some Alliance alts through assaults only. Using a gem, 30% war mode and the prior assault 1hr 10% buff (and this week DMF lol). I don't think everything stacks, but I haven't tried to figure out which.

You don't need quests for the mount to drop. Just kill the rare. You can only kill one rare per character per warfront cycle. Meaning you can kill it while Alliance or Horde holds it, but you can't get kill credit again until the warfront changes hands. (I believe it is 6 days for the scenario to run + resource hand in time. Not totally sure)

I'm running 6 120s through warfront rare hunting and only have 2 mounts left to get. Got the Chimera yesterday. I'd say about half are easily soloable, the others need a few players.

If you don't have Handynotes Warfront addon, stop and get it now. It tells you what you have already killed for the current cycle. It also tells you which rares have items you still need (mounts, toys, etc). It is very accurate and useful.
I’ll definitely grab that add on. Thanks for the response. So I shouldn’t bother going back there tomorrow with my DK since he already killed the Rares that drop mounts this cycle, got it. When do we get another shot at this? In 2 weeks?

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I completely forgot about the 5% XP gem and I main a jewelcrafter. -_-
For leveling, get the Sephuz Legendary ring and socket the gem. It will last from 110-120 even if you lose the ring bonus after 115. Although, I did read something about them possibly "fixing" it so you can't socket BFA gems in non-BFA items. I was worried about this, so I socketed all my 5% gems before the last patch. Not sure how to get a socket on leveling items without crafting them.

I’ll definitely grab that add on. Thanks for the response. So I shouldn’t bother going back there tomorrow with my DK since he already killed the Rares that drop mounts this cycle, got it. When do we get another shot at this? In 2 weeks?
Yeah, you won't get another shot for the mounts on your DK until the reset. I think it is roughly two weeks, but I'm not really sure. That's why having max level alts is useful! Don't forget about the Arathi mounts too. Handynotes works for all.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
So.....apparently Blizz is doubling down (not that there was a lot of doubt) on Sylvanas going full Garrosh, what with her
'confirming' to have been all-but-conditioning Derek Proudmoore in a not-a-violation-by-a-hair of the forsaken ideology
, which is funny, because IIRC Blizz was quick to point out that the
Risen Night Elf rangers joining with the horde was all free will

But at the same time...
Bownsamdi is 'confirming' that Sylvanas is important to the Death Gods/Pantheon storyline being laid, in that he apparently tells Telanji he'd free her from the bargain Rastakhan made if Telanji brings him Sylvanas' head

....Eesh. I suppose it's not 'technically' Garrosh 2.0, but.....GL with that, Blizz

Oct 27, 2017
Why are you so suprised? She has been this way for years. The problem isn't that she will probably get removed. The problem is that they replaced the superb Vol'jinn with her.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Just back and hit 120 on a new server (EU - dirty alliance) after a hiatus since Legion. If anyone knows anyone who wants a laid back, friendly tank who used to raid very hardcore but doesn't have the time anymore and wants something chill and casual then give em my name!

Nov 2, 2017
Way better than another boring raptor.
this is so much better than raptor #48456
I disagree. Rezan was the patron Loa of the Prelates, and so it should've been either a raptor or a small Devilsaur. The normal Zandalari mounts are already direhorns, and almost all of the raptor mounts are old and shitty looking. If I recall correctly the only "new" raptor models are either the Vicious one, or the CE ones. Vicious is a pain in the ass to get, and I dislike the look of it anyway.

The holy Direhorn isn't bad by any means. But I'm disappointed. I wanted a cool new Raptor

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Direhorns, I finally got the last one I needed from Warbringers tonight. I got the first two during Mists (and saw the 3rd drop before but didn't win it). I've looked for Warbringers off and on for most of BFA and finally got the last mount I needed from them.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of Direhorns, I finally got the last one I needed from Warbringers tonight. I got the first two during Mists (and saw the 3rd drop before but didn't win it). I've looked for Warbringers off and on for most of BFA and finally got the last mount I needed from them.
I'm about 25 mounts from the last mount achievement. So many of the remaining ones are rng drops. I just don't have the will or energy to farm them anymore.

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
I used to farm ICC and others for mounts on like 12 characters weekly and I have no idea where that motivation went. It's not so much that I hate doing it - I think I just don't have enough time in the day. I think I have maybe one of the direhorns but honestly I'm not sure - I should get back on that sometime.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a good source for Rings/Trinkets/Weapons besides the AH? RNG kills it for me. I haven't gotten a good weapon ring or trinket on any toon but my DH that I raided with when BOA first launched.

=/

OP
OP
Tachya
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about 25 mounts from the last mount achievement. So many of the remaining ones are rng drops. I just don't have the will or energy to farm them anymore.
There’s a few lower hanging ones for me and with a little luck on rarer drops I could hit 350 I think, especially with the stuff added in BfA, but yeah, it can just be so tedious at times it’s demoralizing. At this point most individual mounts themselves aren’t particularly exciting, they’re just another number to add to my collection total.

Add in the fact that I’m overall demoralized about the game right now and don’t know how much or even how long I’ll play it into the future and it’s not the most enticing activity, even as one of the more stable long-term goals in the game.

Oct 25, 2017

I like this catch up mechanic. I know one guy, and others, probably hate it. But I think it's a good thing. Kinda keeps these dungeons still relevant for progression in some cases. Keeps normal mythic on the same level as LFR for BFD.

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
Dungeons having their item levels updated over the course of the expansion makes complete sense so you don't drive them to be irrelevant versus new content (See Cataclysm and the End Time trilogy on how not to do dungeons. Or Mists and not adding anything at all). Essentlially when season 2 begins the first raid will be outdated and sadly hardly anyone will be running it for gearing purposes. They don't want to get back into the BC era of raid progression.

Blanket statements about how "one guy and others may hate it" are unnecessary. What the actual, valid concern is with gearing is how there's no actual line of progression that matters now. Currently, you can do dungeons then jump into raiding. But your raid gear (let's say heroic) doesn't matter as much because you can get gear from M+, Warfronts, Titan/Warforging, caches, and whatever the hell it is I'm sure that I'm forgetting to mention. Someone can be 370 with a little luck and a lot of keystone runs. It makes raiding feel less substantial despite the effort that is put into it by one person and their coordinated teams.

This line of "people complaining about the game are only being negative!!!!!!!!!!!!" that is pervading the playerbase is ridiculous. There's a difference between being a troll who just blasts the game 24/7 and people who play the game and know it can be better. I'd say "I'm sorry that it seems BFA is generating a negative response" but I'm not. They've released an expansion that isn't reaching the same highs as before and it shows. I truly doubt anyone who is upset about the current state of the game wants Blizzard/WoW to crash and burn. We just want it to be better. But this idea that people can't take issue with the state of the game just because others enjoy it is absurd.

OP
OP
Tachya
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly more things should probably adjust dynamically or with a greater sensitivity of being done manually.

Regarding increasing the ilvl of entry dungeon content as time goes on.

Oct 25, 2017
Blanket statements about how "one guy and others may hate it" are unnecessary.
This line of "people complaining about the game are only being negative!!!!!!!!!!!!" that is pervading the playerbase is ridiculous.
This is in the same post.

I wasn't taking a shot at anyone by recognizing the fact that not everyone agrees with me.

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
I wasn't taking a shot at anyone by recognizing the fact that not everyone agrees with me.
I know one guy, and others, probably hate it. But I think it's a good thing.
Came off as "I disagreed with one person in my last conversation and I'm just pointing out that he won't like this"

And yes, those are in the same post. You only have to look at Reddit, the forums, YouTube, here and I'm sure other places to see the drive-by's, rants, banning, etc. when someone posts something about not liking whatever BFA is serving to see "I'm sick of all the negativity!" or "If you don't like it then just quit!" or things about echo chambers because paying, loyal customers are disappointed. There's lots of good things in BFA but there's also bad. It's okay for others to not be satisfied with what's being offered.

Oct 25, 2017
Came off as "I disagreed with one person in my last conversation and I'm just pointing out that he won't like this"

And yes, those are in the same post. You only have to look at Reddit, the forums, YouTube, here and I'm sure other places to see the drive-by's, rants, banning, etc. when someone posts something about not liking whatever BFA is serving to see "I'm sick of all the negativity!" or "If you don't like it then just quit!" or things about echo chambers because paying, loyal customers are disappointed. There's lots of good things in BFA but there's also bad. It's okay for others to not be satisfied with what's being offered.
You admonished me for using a blanket statement, then made a huge blanket statement. That's my point, it's silly.

You keep bringing up this thing about how people are bashing you for being negative. I haven't seen that here btw, at least not in any significant amount. But that is what you're doing, but in reverse of course. I say one positive thing and you're reading into it as an attack on "loyal" and "paying" customers. That's some real shit.

This comment about echo chamber, it's not clever or subtle. My comment about echo chamber doesn't mean I am not okay with people being negative. It's the opposite. If discussion is discouraged simply because one person disagrees with another, then yes things become a shitty echo chamber. I was ignored because I didn't agree with someone.

And I've never once tried to stifle discussion, so don't try to pull that bullshit. I never once told someone to quit, and I believe I never even complained about people being negative. I think the most I have complained about is people posting spoilers.

Lastly, recognizing that you or other people don't agree with me... nothing wrong with that. Stop trying to make a hill out of a molehill.

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
You admonished me for using a blanket statement, then made a huge blanket statement. That's my point, it's silly.

You keep bringing up this thing about how people are bashing you for being negative. I haven't seen that here btw, at least not in any significant amount. But that is what you're doing, but in reverse of course. I say one positive thing and you're reading into it as an attack on "loyal" and "paying" customers. That's some real shit.

This comment about echo chamber, it's not clever or subtle. My comment about echo chamber doesn't mean I am not okay with people being negative. It's the opposite. If discussion is discouraged simply because one person disagrees with another, then yes things become a shitty echo chamber. I was ignored because I didn't agree with someone.

And I've never once tried to stifle discussion, so don't try to pull that bullshit. I never once told someone to quit, and I believe I never even complained about people being negative. I think the most I have complained about is people posting spoilers.

Lastly, recognizing that you or other people don't agree with me... nothing wrong with that. Stop trying to make a hill out of a molehill.
We're just going to have to agree to disagree. I'm not going to go back and forth about anything with you. I have no interest in arguing with anyone on the internet, a forum, or whatever.

Oct 27, 2017
Without tier sets or anything particularly special raiding does kind of feel like just another way to get gear at the moment.

However, I think a lot of that has to do with Uldir just not being that interesting. Most of those boss fights are pretty forgettable.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Is the last mount achievement 350 or 400?
I looked it up. It's 400, but I'm only shooting for 350 for the Biting Frostshard Core. For some reason I thought it was 350 and for me that's it. I don't need a green bird at 400. I don't play competitively, so raiding and PVP mounts are mostly out for me.

Oct 26, 2017
Orlando, FL
Without tier sets or anything particularly special raiding does kind of feel like just another way to get gear at the moment.

However, I think a lot of that has to do with Uldir just not being that interesting. Most of those boss fights are pretty forgettable.
It's also lacking in unique assets, the gear sets are kinda... meh and there's very little cosmetic stuff worth running for.

Dazar'alor doesn't look much better in that regard, but at least there's cool unique mounts.

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
It's also lacking in unique assets, the gear sets are kinda... meh and there's very little cosmetic stuff worth running for.

Dazar'alor doesn't look much better in that regard, but at least there's cool unique mounts.
I agree on both points. I really, really, really (surprisingly) like the Zandalari so I'm disappointed that we're not getting a brand new area for the raid rather than just the capital city.

Oct 25, 2017
I looked it up. It's 400, but I'm only shooting for 350 for the Biting Frostshard Core. For some reason I thought it was 350 and for me that's it. I don't need a green bird at 400. I don't play competitively, so raiding and PVP mounts are mostly out for me.
Nice. I'm slightly behind you at 321 mounts right now.

OP
OP
Tachya
Oct 25, 2017
Uldir isn’t particularly bad, but it’s hardly a raid that I’ll look back upon fondly. It’s certainly better than many previous intro raids but the bar there is pretty low. The gear transmog is pretty bad which sucks with the removal of tier sets, but I guess intro raids haven’t had tier sets anyway the past few expansions, so maybe that’s more forgivable.

I do like the Dazar’alor mounts, though I don’t know if I’ll have the opportunity to farm Mythic Jaina for that sweet water elemental anytime soon, if even in this expansion.

I don’t like the name “Battle for Dazar’alor” because the apostrophe is annoying as all hell to type. Damn you Blizzard!