• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched the stream. Kind of loved EVERYTHING they showed, haha. I feel like I'm always the only happy optimist about BFA.
Did you see the mech-wheel and crab mounts? I'm pumped. Mount equipment guys! You can water walk with anything! Yay! Pascal the robot!

Sorry, a lot of this shit made me smile. Haha.

I'm curious about War Mode-exclusive content which they only hinted at for now. Let's see what happens! Could this launch as soon as early June?

Late june is my guess. The 25th specifically.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worthwhile to keep scrapping non-Azerite gear? All these craftable mats seem to be worth jack shit these days.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Doing the Knaifu quest now just to pass the time. Its alright I guess. Got a 30 ilvl upgrade tanking weapon from a WQ too so that's nice.

I haven't tanked really since Uldir. It felt almost foreign but I caught on again soon enough.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Patch will launch with shadowbringers for sure, just like tomb of sargeras launched exact day as stormblood.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched the 8.2 video. Looks interesting enough but I want to see class changes too. As many people have said: if the classes aren't engaging then content means very little.

They seem to have been pretty consistent in the whole "we aren't making big changes mid-xpac" stance so I don't really know what I'm expecting. Talent changes I guess? One of the, perhaps unforeseen, downsides of not having sets this expansion is that in previous expansions those bonuses have been avenues to address issues with existing spec design. They could reasonably assume that the vast majority of raiding players would have their set bonuses within a few weeks of a raid launching, so using those bonuses to tweak flaws in how a spec was playing made a good amount of sense. They did that a bit with Demo in legion, for example, using the set bonuses to prop up demonic empowerment since it was a total shit mechanic but they couldn't remove it without significantly redesigning the whole spec. They can't really do that with Azerite powers since by design they are not supposed to be a static thing that everyone of a given spec has the same exact version of (even though min-maxing ends up going in that direction).

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
They seem to have been pretty consistent in the whole "we aren't making big changes mid-xpac" stance so I don't really know what I'm expecting. Talent changes I guess? One of the, perhaps unforeseen, downsides of not having sets this expansion is that in previous expansions those bonuses have been avenues to address issues with existing spec design. They could reasonably assume that the vast majority of raiding players would have their set bonuses within a few weeks of a raid launching, so using those bonuses to tweak flaws in how a spec was playing made a good amount of sense. They did that a bit with Demo in legion, for example, using the set bonuses to prop up demonic empowerment since it was a total shit mechanic but they couldn't remove it without significantly redesigning the whole spec. They can't really do that with Azerite powers since by design they are not supposed to be a static thing that everyone of a given spec has the same exact version of (even though min-maxing ends up going in that direction).

Yeah, I get that but I also think there's a reasonable amount of room to tweak some talents and just numbers (cooldown time, damage, etc) to make some classes more engaging. I know better than to expect full revamps but hopefully the heart abilities plus some tweaking makes it a bit better. We'll see.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I get that but I also think there's a reasonable amount of room to tweak some talents and just numbers (cooldown time, damage, etc) to make some classes more engaging. I know better than to expect full revamps but hopefully the heart abilities plus some tweaking makes it a bit better. We'll see.

That one new essence that functions like Assurance of Consequence from SoO (Cooldown reduction of major spec ability) will definitely make a few specs feel better, I imagine. I mean it will probably feel cool on all specs, but the impact is not going to be universal. The major slot perk that gives that specific ability a chance to proc for 8 seconds is also pretty attractive, if not necessarily hugely gameplay altering.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
That one new essence that functions like Assurance of Consequence from SoO (Cooldown reduction of major spec ability) will definitely make a few specs feel better, I imagine. I mean it will probably feel cool on all specs, but the impact is not going to be universal. The major slot perk that gives that specific ability a chance to proc for 8 seconds is also pretty attractive, if not necessarily hugely gameplay altering.

Yeah and the whole system feels like a band-aid but I don't maybe necessarily view that as a bad thing. Plus, they can add more to it in other patches so it is all about their execution.

I'll say this: it is the most excited I've been for WoW in a while even if that excitement doesn't reach the same highs as Legion or even BFA launch. It's better than it has been. But the story is also going to influence this too, even if I don't have a huge vested interest. We'll see.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zuldazar update: not nearly as bad once you're out of that hell city. Kind of a generic troll/jungle zone but it's inoffensive. I'm leveling so fast though. I'm about to hit 115 and I've finished like, half of the first zone. At this rate I'm afraid I'll hit 120 before leaving it.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah and the whole system feels like a band-aid but I don't maybe necessarily view that as a bad thing. Plus, they can add more to it in other patches so it is all about their execution.

I'll say this: it is the most excited I've been for WoW in a while even if that excitement doesn't reach the same highs as Legion or even BFA launch. It's better than it has been. But the story is also going to influence this too, even if I don't have a huge vested interest. We'll see.

I'm definitely excited for the content, even if I am skeptical about the systems changes. Mechagon at least sounds like a proper Timeless Isle successor after the previous expansions attempts have largely failed. And Nazjatar seems like a proper, meaty endgame questing zone.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Zuldazar update: not nearly as bad once you're out of that hell city. Kind of a generic troll/jungle zone but it's inoffensive. I'm leveling so fast though. I'm about to hit 115 and I've finished like, half of the first zone. At this rate I'm afraid I'll hit 120 before leaving it.

Do some timewalking and use DMF buff. You can get from 110-120 in less than 20 TW runs.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
In a moment of weakness, I transferred my Monk who's exalted with everyone over to Horde, just to unlock the Zandalari so my Shaman could follow suit as a superior mon. I am part of the problem, and I regret nothing.

It kinda sucks that nobody actually seems to want to do anything on Alliance...

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Speaking of never wanting to do anything: if anyone is horde and still plays and wants to ease into mythics I could tank them. Haven't done much ranking in about 6 months but I'm down to try again.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Speaking of never wanting to do anything: if anyone is horde and still plays and wants to ease into mythics I could tank them. Haven't done much ranking in about 6 months but I'm down to try again.
I would actually be totally down for this, though I only have myself to offer as tribute. Pugging beyond 4s starts to hurt a bit mentally.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The other two zones are significantly easier to traverse

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I would actually be totally down for this, though I only have myself to offer as tribute. Pugging beyond 4s starts to hurt a bit mentally.

Yeah I'm not a fan of the higher numbers but if we had a group of all friendlies I wouldn't be opposed to dabbling.

If anyone is interested I'm on US servers and you can add me: prophetfive#1343. Just like send a note letting me know who you are. I'm not on a lot right now and with the family stuff it may be spottier but if we make plans I'll definitely make them happen.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely down for US Horde 5 man stuff at least 1 or 2 nights of the week, generally. My Balance druid is my best geared character at the moment but I'm always playing alts too.

Oct 25, 2017

I've been in pugs up to like 13 or something. I am told 15 is fine too. I haven't pugged in a few months but we sometimes fill even when we're doing 15+. Just gotta make sure they got the experience, that is where raider.io helps a lot.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I've been in pugs up to like 13 or something. I am told 15 is fine too. I haven't pugged in a few months but we sometimes fill even when we're doing 15+. Just gotta make sure they got the experience, that is where raider.io helps a lot.
The problem is me also getting the experience - it's less about pugs and more about I just haven't run half the dungeons above 3 or 4 and don't really know what to anticipate after a while.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I think the actual fun in high level mythics is going into dungeons and wiping and laughing about how insane it was. I don't care about completing the timer or whatever. I just like to have fun.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I've never even done a Mythic at all in BFA, are they really hard for noob players? could I even come?

Oct 25, 2017
I've never even done a Mythic at all in BFA, are they really hard for noob players? could I even come?

I was a noob at the start of the expansion. By the end of the first season, my best timed was 14 although it would have been much higher if I ran more near the end.

Most of my class knowledge came from a rogue discord. But I learned most of the mechanics just through playing. And a method dungeon tools is a great help since you can check what individual mechanics are for each pull.

It's definitely best with friends, but even if you do get a group it's not a bad idea to run some in pugs since you can learn strats that other people run that way.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Gear helps, but success is really more about class and dungeon knowledge and utilizing your utility well. You won't be setting any records, but you can clear lower keys regardless of gear.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Never knew about that cutscene with asking Vol'jin who told him to name Sylvanas warchief

So if Bwonsamdi didn't do it
And Eyir CAN'T do it
And the lich king didn't do it

then

It was fuckin' N'Zoth wasn't it

Last edited:

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reached 120 last night, had War mode enabled the entire time. I saw literally one Alliance player during my leveling and they left me alone. Now I can turn it off.

Do I need to PVP at all to complete the War Campaign (for Mag'har unlock) or any other important reasons?

Xalbur

Mar 30, 2019
Reached 120 last night, had War mode enabled the entire time. I saw literally one Alliance player during my leveling and they left me alone. Now I can turn it off.

Do I need to PVP at all to complete the War Campaign (for Mag'har unlock) or any other important reasons?
Assaults give decent rep that makes getting to exalted a little faster and call to arms weekly pvp quests is a decent way to get some higher ilvl loot.
Assaults don't force you to engage in pvp but you have to have Warmode on for it iirc

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

You don't have to but it's useful for assaults when you form a group for Against All Odds

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Timewalking is a great reminder of how much Vortex Pinnacle fucking sucks lol. That has to be one of my least favorite dungeons ever.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
So kinda surprisingly we have at least 3 US Horde players who'd be interested in running "casual" mythics at the least. If anyone else would be interested we just need at least two more players to have a full group. I can tank and I certainly don't mind (as long as no one yells at me for being rusty, lmao) but I also imagine we'd have enough alts to switch it up a little bit too.

Personally, I don't mind wiping and stuff so if anyone is worried about skill level I wouldn't let that hold you back. My ass is as scrub as they come. Well, maybe not but I'm definitely not an elitist player. I'm pretty decent most days. I can't really speak for the other two people who've "signed up" but I can't imagine either of them would be hard to get along with either!

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I am reading that when 8.2 patch lands it will involve changes to mounts with the new mount equipment feature. There are rumours about taking away the water walking ability and the players have to buy (or having returned in my case) with the form of buying the said equipment with some currency?

If true, i feel it invalidates all the time i spent in Mists growing the Anglers reputation but this pattern of taking away skills/abilities and make them available of earning them back in some way it seems to me as a serious annoyance and a cheap way to have the players engaged.

False alarm: It seems that the appropriate equipment is provided for free to all the waterstrider owners.

Edit 2: After reading more about the issue, it seems that, if things don't change, there's one free water walking equipment for one character only. And if this is used it will apply to all the mounts (bar Golem) the character owns. If one plays many toons, like myself, will have to buy -at a reduced price as they claim- the equipment for every toon.
Yes, it feels like a stupid and unnecessary nerf.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
TBF if they didn't take water walking away and let the strider get a second effect, that'd solve little... lol.

And they're always going to take things away. It's just part of the game. Few things are and few things should be permanent. I feel ya though. I don't think these tools are gonna be expensive in the end anyway. At the end of the day it is still a mount to collect dust in your collection.

OP
OP
Tachya

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
It's just an odd situation because honestly mount "equipment" or special abilities is something they honestly should have started to address a couple expansions back at least after they started adding massive time and/or gold sink mounts with extra functionality.

The system they came up with seems passable, for a first draft, but personally I wish it was deeper in terms of what they let you do + more generous for players that should be grandfathered in for previously owning some of these mounts.

The dream would be up to a few unlockable sockets of bonuses for most any mount, but adding extra sockets takes a bunch of effort and/or gold. Actually resocketing your mount gear shouldn't be that expensive, if much of any cost, if you've earned the bonus previously. Thinking more like the old glyph system or multi-colored gems & socket-bonuses + meta-gems here.

It could be like mount breeding/crafting almost depending on how far you take it. An interesting avenue to take might be to allow for players to scrap spare rare-drop mounts into items that can create a socket, etc.

Without detailing an entire system, there's a lot you could do that could serve as a new evergreen source of content like transmog farming, pet battles, and achievement hunting, and could be tied into all the various systems in the game, including standard professions (or an entirely new one!)

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
PTR going up now. Anyone know if you have to be subbed to use it? I have 60 hours left on my 6month sub lol.

Also, Alliance Warmode buff is up to 20%. Highest I think it's been since they dropped it down from 30%

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
PTR going up now. Anyone know if you have to be subbed to use it? I have 60 hours left on my 6month sub lol.

Also, Alliance Warmode buff is up to 20%. Highest I think it's been since they dropped it down from 30%

As far as I know, you don't, which is great for anyone who is no longer playing to see how certain systems work.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
So, yeah. He's back:

D4TEBI_WsAE1DhJ.jpg%3Alarge

Also, every race and allied race is getting brewfest mugs... alongside the Mechagnomes and Vulpera. Hm. I wonder what that could mean :P

Status
Not open for further replies.