World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth|OT| War Mode Enabled!

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
I want to unlock Dark Iron dwarf but I have never had an ally character above level 30ish. I'm actually considering playing a night elf demonunter for that purpose since they start at 100.
Yeah I used one of my many, still available boosts on my alliance DK to grind out Dark Irons and KTs. A DH is a good choice as well. They're not great tanks right now imo but their mechanicsn are fun.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I there any rep reduction to get the allies races o future patches to reduce the rep grind?

I am planning to do the alliance rep grind for the Kultiran but I think I only made it to the second tier rep
On the subject of rep, right back at the start of the expansion we established quite quickly - and I made a point of making sure my guildies were well-informed about - that Champions of Azeroth rep was a key thing to work on prior to raids due to the bonus iLvls that it grants to the neck. I was quite frustrated yesterday to discover someone happily toting a ilvl 379 neck, with Friendly Champions rep!

It was a L43 neck, so he'd been getting plenty of azerite - not at the top end, but we don't expect that of people, but yeah; completely overlooked the rep aspect and the significant stat gain attached to that!

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Also, just a small tip for Zandalari, but doing Vol'jin's questline gets you a decent amount of rep considering how little effort you put into it. I was doing it last night and was pleasantly surprised. (Granted I did the grind without it BUT HAD I KNOWN...)

and yes. I know a good chunk of people who'd pay to unlock them no questions asked. I have every single one of them unlocked already but after they're like... no longer current or something I wouldn't feel like I "lost" anything by allowing other people to pay for them to be usable. So long as it was only the older content.
Where does one start Vol'jin's quest line? I completed the Zuldazar zone (probably missed some side quests) and I'm just about to hit the real grind from revered to exalted.

Maintenance

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, so many bots. I've lost count of how many packs of characters stacked running around getting herbs I've seen since I came back. At first I thought it was just people multiboxing, but some weird movements / jank made me think that they're all bots.

Speaking about money, those new inscription ilvl 400 trinkets will be a goldmine the first few days. Shame I don't have time to create one, will have to do with enchanting.

Last edited:

Nora

Oct 25, 2017
I unlocked Mag'Har orcs the other day, they look so cool with those tats. I made a female warrior and a Shaman, but in the early levels I find the Enh/Ele Shaman playstyles a little lacking. Fury Warrior is lots of fun tho. Even tho I already have a regular male orc warrior at level 103 or something, I think I'll level the new warrior. I leveled my original warrior back in like, TBC or something, and I think the Mag'Har heritage set looks more warrior-like anyway. When I eventually unlock Zandalari trolls, I might level one of those as a shaman instead.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, so many bots. I've lost count of how many packs of characters stacked running around getting herbs I've seen since I came back. At first I thought it was just people multiboxing, but some weird movements / jank made me think that they're all bots.

Speaking about money, those new alchemy ilvl 400 trinkets will be a goldmine the first few days. Shame I don't have time to create an alchemist, will have to do with enchanting.
You mean Inscription ones? Alchemy only has the Philosopher Stone which can be upgraded up to 440 ilvl.

The very first day and week of 8.2 is going to be CRAZY if you are a gatherer. A lot of gear can be upgraded by the new gems (prospecting new ore), new enchants making obsolete the 8.0 ones, contracts for WQ so you can get your Pathfinder faster (herb milling into new inks)...

Really considering leveling up a dual gatherer druid and just spend the first 2-3 days doing nothing but gathering and gathering and gathering...

Maintenance

Oct 25, 2017
You mean Inscription ones? Alchemy only has the Philosopher Stone which can be upgraded up to 440 ilvl.

The very first day and week of 8.2 is going to be CRAZY if you are a gatherer. A lot of gear can be upgraded by the new gems (prospecting new ore), new enchants making obsolete the 8.0 ones, contracts for WQ so you can get your Pathfinder faster (herb milling into new inks)...

Really considering leveling up a dual gatherer druid and just spend the first 2-3 days doing nothing but gathering and gathering and gathering...
Yes, inscription. Brain fart.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I love listening to this, I can picture exactly where I am at this point in life.

Standing on the mailbox in the Crossroads.

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
I love listening to this, I can picture exactly where I am at this point in life.

Standing on the mailbox in the Crossroads.

That's how I feel about the Elwynn Forest music. I main horde but started in 2004 as a human mage and the music always takes me back to that moment. I'd never played an MMO before and back then I thought I'd never give WoW more than a cursory glance. I can still remember the moment I crossed into Westfall for the first time - it was magical.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
That's how I feel about the Elwynn Forest music. I main horde but started in 2004 as a human mage and the music always takes me back to that moment. I'd never played an MMO before and back then I thought I'd never give WoW more than a cursory glance. I can still remember the moment I crossed into Westfall for the first time - it was magical.
Elwynn Forest music is the only piece that they haven't changed I think which is cool.

Maintenance

Oct 25, 2017
I've said here before how my server was dead, but today I got more comparisons and I'm honestly just... meh.

Checked my old server and it had a million tidespray linen, pages and pages of 200 stacks. One guy had 450+ stacks of 200.

Went back to my server and even if I add all the postings, there's not enough tidespray to make one 200 stack.

Sigh. I really don't want to switch servers, plus the current full one in my region is 99% horde.

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
My husband is now suffering through the Zandalari grind and feeling it hardcore. It is very odd that Zandalari rep just... stops and only comes from Assaults, emissaries, and like 75 rep from WQs. There's grinds that matter and then there's whatever the fuck this is.

Fine - make people grind things out but to get maybe 2000 rep a week if you're lucky enough to be able to hit up zandalari assault that's up when you're awake or not at work is silly. This is why regular dailies shouldn't have been phased out (I know some are coming back in 8.2 but for Nazjatar).

I guess he could do all the WQs up whenever for Zandalar but I felt that wasn't an efficient use of my time when I was doing it. I have them unlocked but I definitely feel for the people who want to do more but can't because of time gating and just the lack of available options.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
My husband is now suffering through the Zandalari grind and feeling it hardcore. It is very odd that Zandalari rep just... stops and only comes from Assaults, emissaries, and like 75 rep from WQs. There's grinds that matter and then there's whatever the fuck this is.

Fine - make people grind things out but to get maybe 2000 rep a week if you're lucky enough to be able to hit up zandalari assault that's up when you're awake or not at work is silly. This is why regular dailies shouldn't have been phased out (I know some are coming back in 8.2 but for Nazjatar).

I guess he could do all the WQs up whenever for Zandalar but I felt that wasn't an efficient use of my time when I was doing it. I have them unlocked but I definitely feel for the people who want to do more but can't because of time gating and just the lack of available options.
It's minor, but don't forget to take advantage of the Darkmoon Faire rep buff while it's up. That helps a lot. And there's also the inscription contracts to get a bit of extra.

But surely all reps hit a point where they're only gettable from assaults, emissaries and WQs?

Nora

Oct 25, 2017

It's a grind, but idk, I'm not in a rush. Pathfinder part 1 doesn't matter at all except to get part 2, which is still a ways away. so I'm happy to just chip away at it whenever emmisary quests or invasions are up. And I'm already leveling a Mag'Har anyway, I'm not gonna level a Zandalari troll until I'm done with that at the earliest.

If you try to force it and bash your head against it and try to do all the WQs all the time you're definitely gonna burn out.

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
It's a grind, but idk, I'm not in a rush. Pathfinder part 1 doesn't matter at all except to get part 2, which is still a ways away. so I'm happy to just chip away at it whenever emmisary quests or invasions are up. And I'm already leveling a Mag'Har anyway, I'm not gonna level a Zandalari troll until I'm done with that at the earliest.

If you try to force it and bash your head against it and try to do all the WQs all the time you're definitely gonna burn out.
He's in a rush though. BFA really did a number on his enjoyment and he wants the Zandalari. It's the only he wants to work toward in this current expansion so I feel where he's coming from for sure.

It's minor, but don't forget to take advantage of the Darkmoon Faire rep buff while it's up. That helps a lot. And there's also the inscription contracts to get a bit of extra.

But surely all reps hit a point where they're only gettable from assaults, emissaries and WQs?
He's using DMF and Contracts, yeah. The reps do all hit that point but Honorbound (and by extension the Mag'har Orcs) were made vastly easier to obtain when they expanded the war campaign. Zandalari is the only one with a race/something tied to it at exalted (that's important, at least) so having the rep options dwindle so drastically really sucks.

Maintenance

Oct 25, 2017
7th Legion (and the Horde equivalent, Honorbound) is ridiculously easy to grind since everything on the other island is basically it. I got countless caches because while I was grinding the rest I was still getting rep with them.

The others are way more time consuming, but I still would take doing this over doing Legion content to unlock the previous allied races.

This entire allied race thing being locked behind such huge grinds feels insane to me. I don't mind grinding (hell, I'm probably halfway through "The Insane"), but imagine if you couldn't play as a pandaren until you got exalted with the respective faction, that's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
I definitely did not mind the legion ones while current to these. for whatever reason they didn't seem as bad.

Probably because I was enjoying Legion minimum 90% of the time.

Berordn

Oct 26, 2017
Orlando, FL
The Nightborne had a zone specific to themselves and a whole story arc to invest yourself into, even if you're going there just to try to unlock them. Same with Lightforged and Void Elves, there's at least something new popping up in Argus regularly. Highmountain are probably the closest to a BFA allied race grind, and at least they had assaults available from the start.

Last edited:

Nora

Oct 25, 2017
The allied race grind stops making sense when it's irrelevant content imo. Going back to Legion stuff now to unlock Highmountain feels like a chore. I got the Nightfallen because I got a fair ways into their questline and rep in 7.0 so it wasn't *that* bad, but between that and unlocking Legion flying I feel like that stuff should become vastly easier to unlock once the next expansion is out.

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
The allied race grind stops making sense when it's irrelevant content imo. Going back to Legion stuff now to unlock Highmountain feels like a chore. I got the Nightfallen because I got a fair ways into their questline and rep in 7.0 so it wasn't *that* bad, but between that and unlocking Legion flying I feel like that stuff should become vastly easier to unlock once the next expansion is out.
It should become easier when it's outdated, yes, but it also shouldn't be that difficult to begin with. It's one thing to have a lot of steps to go through but it's another to hit a wall where your best chances of gaining rep happen once a week and on random timers. That's just stupid. It's supposed to be a reward but it currently it feels like a big set of chores to play as what essentially boils down to reskins in most cases.

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
Best city is Silvermoon in the alternate universe when it was restored to something similar to what it was prior to the third war instead of languishing in it's BC state forever.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Silvermoon City is close second, such a damn shame the place is so dead, it's a beautifil city, it was pretty dead even in TBC.

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
Silvermoon City is close second, such a damn shame the place is so dead, it's a beautifil city, it was pretty dead even in TBC.
There may not be a lot of "reason" but they need to put SMC and Exodar and their connected zones onto the rest of the world servers, to a cata revamp of them, and tie them into the rest of Azeroth. it's dumb that it hasn't happened yet.

Nora

Oct 25, 2017
I had to go back to Silvermoon/Ghostlands for the Blood Elf heritage armor quest and I forgot you couldn't fly there because I hadn't been there in forever. It's such a weird legacy thing that makes zero sense to anyone who started playing after Cata.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
That 5 man group quest in The Ghostlands which rewarded you with a sick staff.

I soloed that shit with my warlock...proudest moment.

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
That 5 man group quest in The Ghostlands which rewarded you with a sick staff.

I soloed that shit with my warlock...proudest moment.
Soloing the elite mobs there was such a thrill because you were so weak but it was so damned satisfying.

I had to go back to Silvermoon/Ghostlands for the Blood Elf heritage armor quest and I forgot you couldn't fly there because I hadn't been there in forever. It's such a weird legacy thing that makes zero sense to anyone who started playing after Cata.
it doesn't and while I get it would take some work I believe that, sometimes, it's worth it to just do it. They remove portals and talk about people exploring and being out in a connected world, etc. but there's more they can do to get people out there. Hell, make them warfronts (yuck) so they have an excuse to do it.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have never done serious PvP until 2 weeks ago. 1670 cr in RBG, pugging all the time. What a breath of fresh air, having to actually use all my keyboard for every skill in my skillbook.

Getting that cool tiger and the hippo before 8.2 hits I hope!

Oct 25, 2017
I have never done serious PvP until 2 weeks ago. 1670 cr in RBG, pugging all the time. What a breath of fresh air, having to actually use all my keyboard for every skill in my skillbook.

Getting that cool tiger and the hippo before 8.2 hits I hope!
RBGs are a lot of fun. More fun than arena imo. I got close to 2100 last season. My guild hasn't been doing it much lately, hopefully we get back on that soon.

After you get your mount, you can earn tokens for older mounts as well by refilling the gauge.

Maintenance

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be honest, Nazjatar looks like a dump. Capital city of the nagas, 10 thousand years of history, yet Suramar is 1 thousand times better.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, they're removing Recruit-a-Friend without even giving a return date.

RIP.
Well it hasn't been worth much since they nerfed it to the ground. I wonder if I should hold onto my RAF reward, as hopefully they reintroduce it with new rewards.
They really should roll over the old Scroll of Resurrection into RAF and have it apply to both returning and new players. I think for the most part people were not really recruiting new players with it. The times I used it was to level alts faster and get a mount in the process.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope they make RAF worth it again. Having the option to use it for the massive XP gains was so tempting. Plus the rewards were pretty nice. Got the Ragnaros flaming mount thing.

Maintenance

Oct 25, 2017
If the aesthetic is supposed to be a dump, then sure.

If there is one thing clear about Azshara is that her pride is massive. To have the capital of the nagas to be what it currently is goes against all that. Thousands of years and that's all they have to show? Pfft.

I don't care about elves, but Suramar is incredibly beautiful as a city. From the standpoint of gameplay yeah, that causes some issues (mobs too close to each other, not enough places to escape on foot - before flying). But it absolutely looks like a capital city.

Mechagon is a junkyard, full of trash, but it fits. Orgrimmar is rustic as hell, but it fits. Nazjatar doesn't.

Last edited:

Berordn

Oct 26, 2017
Orlando, FL
We haven't see any Naga architecture that isn't just sunken, destroyed night elf ruins, though?

Like presumably Azshara is all about her palace being beautiful, but everything we know about their settlements and cities is that the naga don't really give a crap about upkeep.

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
Yeah she doesn’t give two fucks about Nazjatar. Only what is hers specifically.

She could rule the whole of Azeroth and the whole planet would fall into a state of disrepair but her place would look pristine just to remind everyone that she’s queen and they aren’t.

Iconic.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be honest, Nazjatar looks like a dump. Capital city of the nagas, 10 thousand years of history, yet Suramar is 1 thousand times better.
Yeah, I was disappointed as well.

And it doesn’t even really make sense due to the stuff you mentioned. It should be a lot more developed after 10,000 years. Just not much down there and it doesn’t feel at all believable as an ancient city. Pales in comparison to Suramar.