• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I there any rep reduction to get the allies races o future patches to reduce the rep grind?

I am planning to do the alliance rep grind for the Kultiran but I think I only made it to the second tier rep

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Considering you still need to do goddamn Argus to unlock Void Elves and Lightforged Draenei, I don't think Blizzard is going to make this any easier.

Outdoor Miner

Oct 26, 2017
Broward County FL, USA
I'm really surprised Blizzard haven't allowed for paid allied race unlocks. They'd make crazy bank unfortunately.

I only have 1 allied race I haven't unlocked (Lightforge Draenei) and will stay that way for a while. No desire to go back to Argus right now lol

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly? I still don't care about Lightforged Draenei. The other allied races have either cool models or interesting lore, they have neither.

If instead of them you could make one of those Krokul / Broken (the ones that look more like a squid), now that would be nice, and I would gladly grind to unlock them.

I couldn't care less about the original Draenei, a light-skinned version of them isn't going to change that.

Last edited:

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Mechagon Island is kind of a mess. I mean, it's a junkyard, but
I there any rep reduction to get the allies races o future patches to reduce the rep grind?

I am planning to do the alliance rep grind for the Kultiran but I think I only made it to the second tier rep

No. You are going to have to grind it out. It's not terrible if you do all the daily rep stuff associated with the faction. Doing the entire questline nets you a big chunk of rep as well.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly? I still don't care about Lightforged Draenei. The other allied races have either cool models or interesting lore, they have neither.

If instead of them you could make one of those Krokul / Broken (the ones that look more like a squid), now that would be nice, and I would gladly grind to unlock them.

I couldn't care less about the original Draenei, a light-skinned version of them isn't going to change that.

Yeah, they are pretty lame. Regular draenei are already devout naruu/light worshippers. Making their allied race just that but more is super uninspired.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Also, just a small tip for Zandalari, but doing Vol'jin's questline gets you a decent amount of rep considering how little effort you put into it. I was doing it last night and was pleasantly surprised. (Granted I did the grind without it BUT HAD I KNOWN...)

and yes. I know a good chunk of people who'd pay to unlock them no questions asked. I have every single one of them unlocked already but after they're like... no longer current or something I wouldn't feel like I "lost" anything by allowing other people to pay for them to be usable. So long as it was only the older content.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I want to unlock Void Elves but I haven't started the Argus stuff at all, I wasn't playing when it came out. Now I have to go to a shitty ugly planet where I can't fly even though I have Legion flying unlocked and do a bunch of annoying dailies to get them, ugh.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I want to unlock Dark Iron dwarf but I have never had an ally character above level 30ish. I'm actually considering playing a night elf demonunter for that purpose since they start at 100.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I want to unlock Dark Iron dwarf but I have never had an ally character above level 30ish. I'm actually considering playing a night elf demonunter for that purpose since they start at 100.
I did this, Demon Hunter is a really fun class and it was quite quick to casually get to 120. Still grinding reputation though.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

Yeah I used one of my many, still available boosts on my alliance DK to grind out Dark Irons and KTs. A DH is a good choice as well. They're not great tanks right now imo but their mechanicsn are fun.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

On the subject of rep, right back at the start of the expansion we established quite quickly - and I made a point of making sure my guildies were well-informed about - that Champions of Azeroth rep was a key thing to work on prior to raids due to the bonus iLvls that it grants to the neck. I was quite frustrated yesterday to discover someone happily toting a ilvl 379 neck, with Friendly Champions rep!

It was a L43 neck, so he'd been getting plenty of azerite - not at the top end, but we don't expect that of people, but yeah; completely overlooked the rep aspect and the significant stat gain attached to that!

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Also, just a small tip for Zandalari, but doing Vol'jin's questline gets you a decent amount of rep considering how little effort you put into it. I was doing it last night and was pleasantly surprised. (Granted I did the grind without it BUT HAD I KNOWN...)

and yes. I know a good chunk of people who'd pay to unlock them no questions asked. I have every single one of them unlocked already but after they're like... no longer current or something I wouldn't feel like I "lost" anything by allowing other people to pay for them to be usable. So long as it was only the older content.
Where does one start Vol'jin's quest line? I completed the Zuldazar zone (probably missed some side quests) and I'm just about to hit the real grind from revered to exalted.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, so many bots. I've lost count of how many packs of characters stacked running around getting herbs I've seen since I came back. At first I thought it was just people multiboxing, but some weird movements / jank made me think that they're all bots.

Speaking about money, those new inscription ilvl 400 trinkets will be a goldmine the first few days. Shame I don't have time to create one, will have to do with enchanting.

Last edited:

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I unlocked Mag'Har orcs the other day, they look so cool with those tats. I made a female warrior and a Shaman, but in the early levels I find the Enh/Ele Shaman playstyles a little lacking. Fury Warrior is lots of fun tho. Even tho I already have a regular male orc warrior at level 103 or something, I think I'll level the new warrior. I leveled my original warrior back in like, TBC or something, and I think the Mag'Har heritage set looks more warrior-like anyway. When I eventually unlock Zandalari trolls, I might level one of those as a shaman instead.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, so many bots. I've lost count of how many packs of characters stacked running around getting herbs I've seen since I came back. At first I thought it was just people multiboxing, but some weird movements / jank made me think that they're all bots.

Speaking about money, those new alchemy ilvl 400 trinkets will be a goldmine the first few days. Shame I don't have time to create an alchemist, will have to do with enchanting.
You mean Inscription ones? Alchemy only has the Philosopher Stone which can be upgraded up to 440 ilvl.

The very first day and week of 8.2 is going to be CRAZY if you are a gatherer. A lot of gear can be upgraded by the new gems (prospecting new ore), new enchants making obsolete the 8.0 ones, contracts for WQ so you can get your Pathfinder faster (herb milling into new inks)...

Really considering leveling up a dual gatherer druid and just spend the first 2-3 days doing nothing but gathering and gathering and gathering...

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You mean Inscription ones? Alchemy only has the Philosopher Stone which can be upgraded up to 440 ilvl.

The very first day and week of 8.2 is going to be CRAZY if you are a gatherer. A lot of gear can be upgraded by the new gems (prospecting new ore), new enchants making obsolete the 8.0 ones, contracts for WQ so you can get your Pathfinder faster (herb milling into new inks)...

Really considering leveling up a dual gatherer druid and just spend the first 2-3 days doing nothing but gathering and gathering and gathering...

Yes, inscription. Brain fart.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I love listening to this, I can picture exactly where I am at this point in life.

Standing on the mailbox in the Crossroads.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I love listening to this, I can picture exactly where I am at this point in life.

Standing on the mailbox in the Crossroads.

That's how I feel about the Elwynn Forest music. I main horde but started in 2004 as a human mage and the music always takes me back to that moment. I'd never played an MMO before and back then I thought I'd never give WoW more than a cursory glance. I can still remember the moment I crossed into Westfall for the first time - it was magical.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
That's how I feel about the Elwynn Forest music. I main horde but started in 2004 as a human mage and the music always takes me back to that moment. I'd never played an MMO before and back then I thought I'd never give WoW more than a cursory glance. I can still remember the moment I crossed into Westfall for the first time - it was magical.

Elwynn Forest music is the only piece that they haven't changed I think which is cool.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've said here before how my server was dead, but today I got more comparisons and I'm honestly just... meh.

Checked my old server and it had a million tidespray linen, pages and pages of 200 stacks. One guy had 450+ stacks of 200.

Went back to my server and even if I add all the postings, there's not enough tidespray to make one 200 stack.

Sigh. I really don't want to switch servers, plus the current full one in my region is 99% horde.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
My husband is now suffering through the Zandalari grind and feeling it hardcore. It is very odd that Zandalari rep just... stops and only comes from Assaults, emissaries, and like 75 rep from WQs. There's grinds that matter and then there's whatever the fuck this is.

Fine - make people grind things out but to get maybe 2000 rep a week if you're lucky enough to be able to hit up zandalari assault that's up when you're awake or not at work is silly. This is why regular dailies shouldn't have been phased out (I know some are coming back in 8.2 but for Nazjatar).

I guess he could do all the WQs up whenever for Zandalar but I felt that wasn't an efficient use of my time when I was doing it. I have them unlocked but I definitely feel for the people who want to do more but can't because of time gating and just the lack of available options.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
My husband is now suffering through the Zandalari grind and feeling it hardcore. It is very odd that Zandalari rep just... stops and only comes from Assaults, emissaries, and like 75 rep from WQs. There's grinds that matter and then there's whatever the fuck this is.

Fine - make people grind things out but to get maybe 2000 rep a week if you're lucky enough to be able to hit up zandalari assault that's up when you're awake or not at work is silly. This is why regular dailies shouldn't have been phased out (I know some are coming back in 8.2 but for Nazjatar).

I guess he could do all the WQs up whenever for Zandalar but I felt that wasn't an efficient use of my time when I was doing it. I have them unlocked but I definitely feel for the people who want to do more but can't because of time gating and just the lack of available options.

It's minor, but don't forget to take advantage of the Darkmoon Faire rep buff while it's up. That helps a lot. And there's also the inscription contracts to get a bit of extra.

But surely all reps hit a point where they're only gettable from assaults, emissaries and WQs?

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's a grind, but idk, I'm not in a rush. Pathfinder part 1 doesn't matter at all except to get part 2, which is still a ways away. so I'm happy to just chip away at it whenever emmisary quests or invasions are up. And I'm already leveling a Mag'Har anyway, I'm not gonna level a Zandalari troll until I'm done with that at the earliest.

If you try to force it and bash your head against it and try to do all the WQs all the time you're definitely gonna burn out.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
It's a grind, but idk, I'm not in a rush. Pathfinder part 1 doesn't matter at all except to get part 2, which is still a ways away. so I'm happy to just chip away at it whenever emmisary quests or invasions are up. And I'm already leveling a Mag'Har anyway, I'm not gonna level a Zandalari troll until I'm done with that at the earliest.

If you try to force it and bash your head against it and try to do all the WQs all the time you're definitely gonna burn out.

He's in a rush though. BFA really did a number on his enjoyment and he wants the Zandalari. It's the only he wants to work toward in this current expansion so I feel where he's coming from for sure.

It's minor, but don't forget to take advantage of the Darkmoon Faire rep buff while it's up. That helps a lot. And there's also the inscription contracts to get a bit of extra.

But surely all reps hit a point where they're only gettable from assaults, emissaries and WQs?

He's using DMF and Contracts, yeah. The reps do all hit that point but Honorbound (and by extension the Mag'har Orcs) were made vastly easier to obtain when they expanded the war campaign. Zandalari is the only one with a race/something tied to it at exalted (that's important, at least) so having the rep options dwindle so drastically really sucks.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
7th Legion (and the Horde equivalent, Honorbound) is ridiculously easy to grind since everything on the other island is basically it. I got countless caches because while I was grinding the rest I was still getting rep with them.

The others are way more time consuming, but I still would take doing this over doing Legion content to unlock the previous allied races.

This entire allied race thing being locked behind such huge grinds feels insane to me. I don't mind grinding (hell, I'm probably halfway through "The Insane"), but imagine if you couldn't play as a pandaren until you got exalted with the respective faction, that's ridiculous.

Last edited:

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
The Nightborne had a zone specific to themselves and a whole story arc to invest yourself into, even if you're going there just to try to unlock them. Same with Lightforged and Void Elves, there's at least something new popping up in Argus regularly. Highmountain are probably the closest to a BFA allied race grind, and at least they had assaults available from the start.

Last edited:

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The allied race grind stops making sense when it's irrelevant content imo. Going back to Legion stuff now to unlock Highmountain feels like a chore. I got the Nightfallen because I got a fair ways into their questline and rep in 7.0 so it wasn't *that* bad, but between that and unlocking Legion flying I feel like that stuff should become vastly easier to unlock once the next expansion is out.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
The allied race grind stops making sense when it's irrelevant content imo. Going back to Legion stuff now to unlock Highmountain feels like a chore. I got the Nightfallen because I got a fair ways into their questline and rep in 7.0 so it wasn't *that* bad, but between that and unlocking Legion flying I feel like that stuff should become vastly easier to unlock once the next expansion is out.

It should become easier when it's outdated, yes, but it also shouldn't be that difficult to begin with. It's one thing to have a lot of steps to go through but it's another to hit a wall where your best chances of gaining rep happen once a week and on random timers. That's just stupid. It's supposed to be a reward but it currently it feels like a big set of chores to play as what essentially boils down to reskins in most cases.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Silvermoon City is close second, such a damn shame the place is so dead, it's a beautifil city, it was pretty dead even in TBC.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Silvermoon City is close second, such a damn shame the place is so dead, it's a beautifil city, it was pretty dead even in TBC.

There may not be a lot of "reason" but they need to put SMC and Exodar and their connected zones onto the rest of the world servers, to a cata revamp of them, and tie them into the rest of Azeroth. it's dumb that it hasn't happened yet.

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had to go back to Silvermoon/Ghostlands for the Blood Elf heritage armor quest and I forgot you couldn't fly there because I hadn't been there in forever. It's such a weird legacy thing that makes zero sense to anyone who started playing after Cata.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
That 5 man group quest in The Ghostlands which rewarded you with a sick staff.

I soloed that shit with my warlock...proudest moment.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
That 5 man group quest in The Ghostlands which rewarded you with a sick staff.

I soloed that shit with my warlock...proudest moment.

Soloing the elite mobs there was such a thrill because you were so weak but it was so damned satisfying.

I had to go back to Silvermoon/Ghostlands for the Blood Elf heritage armor quest and I forgot you couldn't fly there because I hadn't been there in forever. It's such a weird legacy thing that makes zero sense to anyone who started playing after Cata.

it doesn't and while I get it would take some work I believe that, sometimes, it's worth it to just do it. They remove portals and talk about people exploring and being out in a connected world, etc. but there's more they can do to get people out there. Hell, make them warfronts (yuck) so they have an excuse to do it.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have never done serious PvP until 2 weeks ago. 1670 cr in RBG, pugging all the time. What a breath of fresh air, having to actually use all my keyboard for every skill in my skillbook.

Getting that cool tiger and the hippo before 8.2 hits I hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.