World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth|OT| War Mode Enabled!

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame Warfronts fell flat, would have loved to see the eventual (unlikely) Pandaren vs Pandaren Warfront in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Nora

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone in history enjoyed Island Expeditions? I stopped doing them the second I hit exalted with Honorbound.

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
Has anyone in history enjoyed Island Expeditions? I stopped doing them the second I hit exalted with Honorbound.
They're better now than when they launched. I recently did a bunch with Anoregon and Berordn and I had a good time. I wouldn't try pugging them, though, personally because voice communication seems helpful and I don't feel like dealing with a bossy "leader" like I got the few times I pugged some in 8.0.

Z-Beat

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of parallels I can draw between WoW and GoT right now is staggering

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
I'm absolutely sick of the GoT influence being there in WoW. Yeah, yeah. Fantasy influences fantasy - I know. But I thought we peaked when Varian got wildfire'd felfire'd out of existence.

And I was absolutely wrong.

PS - there's nothing inherently wrong with GoT, in theory, I just think its sort of "brutal, grimdark" storytelling and influence doesn't mesh well with WoW's aesthetic. I know people won't agree with me and that's fine but yeah.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Bizarrely enough, in it's current state it seriously feels like WoW influenced GoT TV series more than vice versa

Z-Beat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm spoilering this just in case but if you mean

motivations being out of whack and characters being completely out of character?

then yeah i agree
They're referring to
a character capturing a city and then inexplicably burning it down with everyone inside for no reason. Dany is Garrosh 3 or Sylvanas 2

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
This but also the
Viserion's ressurrection and design looked like straight out of WotLK
and another possible finale plot point that I don't want to talk about yet but I'm sure to return here if it comes to fruition.

Alas, talking about
character motivations
, touche.

Z-Beat

Oct 25, 2017
This but also the
Viserion's ressurrection and design looked like straight out of WotLK
and another possible finale plot point that I don't want to talk about yet but I'm sure to return here if it comes to fruition.
Dany not buying cold weather flying
almost doomed them

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
They're referring to
a character capturing a city and then inexplicably burning it down with everyone inside for no reason. Dany is Garrosh 3 or Sylvanas 2
Which was roundabout what I was mentioning without going too far into detail in case someone clicked spoiler without really thinking too hard about it.

Alas, talking about
character motivations
, touche.
Yeah. My biggest problem with media in all forms right now is this desperate need to be the edgiest, darkest, grim thing out there and how you can write a great story about war, loss, triumph, sacrifice etc
without shitting on your characters that have existed previously completely fine without this type of writing and characterization before.

Spoilered just for safety.

Maintenance

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up creating and leveling up a Demon Hunter just to do another shuffle, but now I'm interested in twinking him. Kinda hard though, I can barely find people to do current content, finding others to do heroic/mythic ABT will be insane here.

I should take the easy way out and level up to 111, then get 233 blues. But eeeehhhh, I wanted to do something right for once.

Last edited:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna get back into some of my alts soon. As much as I love my balance druid main (I chose well this expansion, haha), the fun factor with a few of the other classes is a really fresh spin on things, especially the Demon Hunter.

What are you guys finding most fun these days?

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
Gonna get back into some of my alts soon. As much as I love my balance druid main (I chose well this expansion, haha), the fun factor with a few of the other classes is a really fresh spin on things, especially the Demon Hunter.

I've been leveling alts and working on professions. World Quests for easy gearing, etc. It's been a good change of pace and it's easy enough to not get burned out on while waiting for 8.2.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Streamers are hyping some info up for release in 10 minutes.

Seems safe to say it is a beta date for Classic.

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can you buy the CE with B.net balance? Also seems like the beta sign-up site got nuked, I hope having the general opt-in enabled on my B.net makes me eligible. Edit: There's a new check mark for the WoW Classic beta on the general sign-up page now, but you need an active sub to get invited.

I know they've said Classic will update incrementally like it originally did, but I hope they get some synergy going with current WoW. Meaning, say, AQ for Classic comes out during the down time between patches for the main game. Makes sense to keep people subbed to me.

Last edited:

Maintenance

Oct 25, 2017

Finishing up my achievements, to be honest. If I can solo it, I'm doing it.

Maintenance

Oct 25, 2017
That Deathwing mount is insane. Shame about Classic being August, I really wanted it to be July.

Oh well.

I'd get the new CE but the shipping alone would cost me an arm.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
dang, i don't have a character past 110. i'd have to subscribe, buy the expansion, grind gear and pray for that deathwing mount. don't know if i have it in me, but it sure is sweet!

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida

This is pretty cool. Maybe I'll save names just in case.

dang, i don't have a character past 110. i'd have to subscribe, buy the expansion, grind gear and pray for that deathwing mount. don't know if i have it in me, but it sure is sweet!
The mount is a reward, apparently, for completing the holiday event which shouldn't be too hard even with World Quest gear. You should get it!

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I wonder if Classic will support older OS.

Thinking about busting out my old PC with Windows XP which I used to play the original on to get that extra old feel.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Classic will support older OS.

Thinking about busting out my old PC with Windows XP which I used to play the original on to get that extra old feel.
I'd expect that Classic will probably support whatever current WoW supports. It's literally like a visual/mechanical shell over the modern client.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
That rag statue is very cool but that kind of stuff isn't for me. I usually regret buying CE-type stuff.