World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth|OT| War Mode Enabled!

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing this leak as well, it was on MMO-Champion. All of the 8.2 information in it so far has been half-right, but they got enough specific things right that it doesn't need to be thrown out immediately.

Sounds pretty legit. My thought is that despite the front of working together from Jaina and Genn, they're going to double cross the Horde and bomb Thunder Bluff or Silvermoon.
I could see this turn of events opening up a third Warfront, since The Barrens, Silvermoon, and Azshara were datamined as possible Warfronts.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Intriguing. WoW Classic is 4GB if you install it inside your current WoW directory. 9GB if you try to install it anywhere else.

Shared client magic.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Geez @ the new cinematic. They're gonna either have to left-turn so abruptly it's gonna give everyone whiplash, or they've all but given up on even havinga pretense of the #morallygrey aspect to Sylvanas' character

I can't help but think of the post in the OT regarding creators' "need" to be more clever than their audience.

As it is we've gone WAY too far without even getting an inkling of Sylvanas' true plans, yet we've had multiple cinematics and quests focused on Saurfang - once again I would go back to the supposition that Saurfang was the 'traditional' quest/storyline that was designed, and now they're having to scramble due to all the story complaints/Garrosh comparisons.

Z-Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck would she send assassins after Thrall? That's a surefire way to have everyone turn on you

I’d assume it would be before launch but it seems to be a gear store exclusive so idk. I’m just glad I was able to get mine when it was announced. Good luck!
It was on Gamestop's site for a while as well. Wonder if I should check to see if in-store preorders are there

If they have them at Blizzcon I can always do that.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck would she send assassins after Thrall? That's a surefire way to have everyone turn on you
The running theories seem to be that either she's gone full mustache-twirl villain because she's gotten subjugated by either the Lich King or N'Zoth.....

Or she's faking said mustache-twirl in order to pull a SC2 Kerrigan later on, and be instrumental in N'zoth's defeat, but needs to give everyone a 'common enemy'
to band together against first, so that all of Azeroth is united.

FWIW it's almost to the point of being comical on how evil she is, so I'm not sure they're going to play the Garrosh 2.0 up straight....but they sure are butchering the setup for a Kerrigan scenario if it's the latter.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
No, lol. I edited it in paint (graphic design is my passion etc etc). It was the Hideo Kojima tweet made famous when he was completely unaccepting of the backlash against Quiet in MGS5.
Oh that's right, I knew it seemed familiar. It was that breathing through that skin thing.

You're talking about the person who did a power slide into Frostmourne.

She isn't as smart as her fanbase claims.
She was watching too much Tenacious D.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
While moving a character from Classic to Retail should be impossible, perhaps a solution would be a progression path through separate expansion servers requiring a fee to "upgrade" from one expansion to another that would (eventually) lead a character to Retail. It would allow Blizzard to essentially make upwards of $120 per character (7 expansions at $20 each transfer upwards to the next expansion server) just to give someone access to removed content on Retail. Who needs to care about old players if you can entice new ones to spend double a boost as well as months of sub time grinding through old content.

Maintenance

Oct 25, 2017
Must say that even though I'm used to it, every single time I have to deal with WoW's fanbase racism/prejudice it makes me less likely to go play with others.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
While moving a character from Classic to Retail should be impossible, perhaps a solution would be a progression path through separate expansion servers requiring a fee to "upgrade" from one expansion to another that would (eventually) lead a character to Retail. It would allow Blizzard to essentially make upwards of $120 per character (7 expansions at $20 each transfer upwards to the next expansion server) just to give someone access to removed content on Retail. Who needs to care about old players if you can entice new ones to spend double a boost as well as months of sub time grinding through old content.
I suspect there may be some items that will exist in Classic that they don't want to be re-introduced to the Retail environment. Imagine an undead final Retail raid boss (...Sylvanas?) where the first kill comes from a bunch of imported paladins who brought along a Holy Mightstone!

(In real terms, of course, I suspect there's not likely to be anything that hugely gamebreaking, but it could have an economic impact)

Z-Beat

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad we got to see what a rogue finally looks like from a cinematic perspective. iirc they were the only class who hadn't shown up in a cinematic.

Druid, mage, shaman, lock, hunter, and warrior were in the first

Priest, DH, and Pally was in BC

Arthas is a DK so WotLK

Monk for Pandaria

More shaman for BFA

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
I'm glad we got to see what a rogue finally looks like from a cinematic perspective. iirc they were the only class who hadn't shown up in a cinematic.

Druid, mage, shaman, lock, hunter, and warrior were in the first

Priest, DH, and Pally was in BC

Arthas is a DK so WotLK

Monk for Pandaria

More shaman for BFA
Yeah that was pretty cool - I'm not a big rogue player (like I get one to cap in an expansion but don't really "understand" it) but I like the idea that it's like cloaking magic rather than "oh they just don't notice me." That was cool to see.

Z-Beat

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that was pretty cool - I'm not a big rogue player (like I get one to cap in an expansion but don't really "understand" it) but I like the idea that it's like cloaking magic rather than "oh they just don't notice me." That was cool to see.
Yeah, I figured shadow hunters used some kind of voodoo cloaking magic but thought the others were just being stealthy. It's straight up active camouflage

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
Yeah, I figured shadow hunters used some kind of voodoo cloaking magic but thought the others were just being stealthy. It's straight up active camouflage
It's sad because I love spy fiction, like a lot, but I just can't get into rogues. But goddamn they're sneaky sneaky and I love that.

....and hate when I encounter then whenever I'm forced to do something PVP lol

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
If you like spy fiction and MMOs, let me tell you about the Imperial Agent storyline in The Old Republic
I tried to play The Old Republic but I can't invest in multiple MMOs at once so I never got past level 5 or something. I'm also nothing more than a casual movie fan of SW so getting invested in any lore would be near impossible. Honestly, WoW was a fluke for me as well because back when it launched I used to hardcore judge my friends who were into EQ and I always said that would never be me... and yet here we are.

I like fighting rogues as my DH

I SSSSSEEEEEE YOOOOUUUU...
I'm still shocked to this day that I love my DH (he's a tank) because everything revealed about them pre-Legion was like... not appealing to me at all. but there he is and I love him.

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, I'd like to just see them do away with factions entirely, or at least consider them superficial titles. Have a completely united Azeroth. An entirely new direction. Like, I want orcs in Stormwind, gnomes in Thunder Bluff. Night elves and blood elves fighting together against trolls and dwarves in Arathi Basin. Draenei and goblins in the same raid group against... whoever.

Z-Beat

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I'd like to just see them do away with factions entirely, or at least consider them superficial titles. Have a completely united Azeroth. An entirely new direction. Like, I want orcs in Stormwind, gnomes in Thunder Bluff. Night elves and blood elves fighting together against trolls and dwarves in Arathi Basin. Draenei and goblins in the same raid group against... whoever.
I'd be cool with this if they released a full pvp WoW like Classic

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Any of you guys use Elvui? Any idea how to change the texture on the player bars? Mine is flat, my wife's texture is 3d-ish. I can't find the setting to change this and it's driving me nuts.

Oh, and she asked me to jump back in, so I guess I am.

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
Any of you guys use Elvui? Any idea how to change the texture on the player bars? Mine is flat, my wife's texture is 3d-ish. I can't find the setting to change this and it's driving me nuts.

Welcome back!

I wish I could help you with your question but I'm at work and can't remember how to do it off the top of my head. If no one else can answer it I'll look into it when I get home (in 5 hours.)

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to snag a pre-order on Amazon of that 15th anniversary collector's edition (thank you Wario64's twitter).

This was incredible. I got chills.

I should probably get back to BFA eventually, if only to see the story stuff through, but I really have no motivation lately to log in regularly. Hopefully 8.2 turns things around a bit.

Milo Rambaldi

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
I kinda hope Best Buy gets the CE since my GCU is valid through January but they don't have it just yet (if at all.) I'd definitely cancel my Blizzard store one but when I ordered it I assumed it would be exclusive.

it's going to be a replica of gallywix's hat and suit

complete with chins
Why would I want to dress as myself? IT'S A FANTASY GAME. Let me live.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017

UnitFrames>General Options>StatusBar Texture
There's a drop down with various textures

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda hope Best Buy gets the CE since my GCU is valid through January but they don't have it just yet (if at all.) I'd definitely cancel my Blizzard store one but when I ordered it I assumed it would be exclusive.

Why would I want to dress as myself? IT'S A FANTASY GAME. Let me live.
I screwed up by waiting on Best Buy, I should have done the Amazon order as a backup. Hopefully they put it up eventually.