• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth|OT| War Mode Enabled!

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, that sale was long over due. If they were smart they would have had the sale a few months prior.
Why before? They did at the same time people would come back, look at those races and think "hm, I should get/train one".

If the argument is "but some people would buy the transfer anyway", the sale made it more of an impulse buy. They did the smart thing.

Why before? They did at the same time people would come back, look at those races and think "hm, I should get/train one".

If the argument is "but some people would buy the transfer anyway", the sale made it more of an impulse buy. They did the smart thing.
Winter sale didn't have a services sale
season 2/8.1 didn't have a services sale
people unlocking DID/maghar didn't get a services sale

Need I go on? It was long overdue. They should've had a services sale months ago. You're focused on race changes while there are a lot of services besides race changes. Like 8.1 release would have prompted a lot of server transfers and 110 boosts. Winter sale having one just makes sense since people have extra spending cash.

I got Shadowmourne and didn't get Invincible in that time. I already never want to see ICC again. Not gonna bother with all of that.
yeah same. I've gotten every plate mog and nearly every other item I could get from there. Doing the run from start to Arthas again is like torture but I want the damned horse. Literally.

Never having to run Firelands or Tempest Keep again feels so good. One day I'll add Icecrown to that list.

Thanks, I have had so many mounts from well after that drop, I was honestly starting to assume it just didn't exist anymore lol. The mount from Stonecore took just as long in terms of runs but thankfully that one I could run over and over again outside of dungeon lockouts every hour.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not an unlucky guy (I got Eye of Sulfuras and other stuff pretty quick), but if there's a thing that even with endless farming I've never dropped: Baron Rivendare's Charger.

Couldn't be easier to farm, and yet it still never happened.

That is one I actually got really quickly, actually I got it during BC now that I think of it. Can't remember if they had changed the drop rate by then or not but I know it drops way more often now than it did in Vanilla. TLPD is another I got really fast, got it a week after WoTLK launched as I was just going through Storm Peaks not even looking for it or knowing it existed lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how often they're giving out invites to the Classic beta?

Ahh yes, the original High/Blood Elf model.

It also amuses me that Sylvanas is a Night Elf again too.
Just got off beta a little bit ago and there definitely was a wave of beta testers that got in this morning. A lot were from EU so don't know if it was exclusively from EU.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not an unlucky guy (I got Eye of Sulfuras and other stuff pretty quick), but if there's a thing that even with endless farming I've never dropped: Baron Rivendare's Charger.

That took me over 500 runs to get and it kind of broke me as far as running dungeons or raids for other mounts. Now I don't even ride the fucking thing. Same with TLPD.

Oct 25, 2017
That took me over 500 runs to get and it kind of broke me as far as running dungeons or raids for other mounts. Now I don't even ride the fucking thing. Same with TLPD.
That's the thing: I really want to farm those mounts, but I doubt I would end up using them. Flying is almost here, so I will have no reason to use ground mounts anymore.

For the rare flying ones, basically none match my current / favorite transmogs. Yeah, picky/OCD kicking in, but that's just how I am. I would love to get the Violet Proto Drake/TLPD, but nowadays I find them so tacky and hard to match with anything that I end up not bothering.

Hell, I'm using a somewhat common mount just because it matches my current set.

Oct 26, 2017
You would think it would be common sense that such an artificially grindy "sub prolongation" strategy would actually burn most people out, but I guess not. Legion's AP grind alone burned me out hard, and I'm someone who'd scarcely unsubbed from TBC to WoD (except Cataclysm).

I used to log in every day because I actually enjoyed playing the game, but now class design is so shallow that playing it isn't rewarding. So instead of designing something that people log in to for fun, they devise these manipulative strategies to make people feel like they need to do their chores every day, or play infinite RNG slots for that 0.1% chance at a piece of forged gear with the right stats. (Remember when player convenience was prioritized with reforging? Hahaha, oh MoP, you so silly.)
What you're describing is what made me quit. I've never played Horde seriously. Ever. But I would go play as a brown orc. In order to unlock them I need to grind for a month after hitting 120 just to unlock a skin. Fuck that. I literally started back up this weekend because my wife wanted me to but all I have to do at the moment is grind stupid fucking rep for the alliance war campaign. This isn't fun. At all.

Oct 26, 2017
So question on the pathfinder achievement. If I have the revered rep on one guy but not the other, like say revered with 7th legion on one toon, and revered with tortolans on the other, is that all cumlative or do I have to have the rep across one character?

Oct 25, 2017

I’ve been going back to try to farm that mount but haven’t had any luck. That and Raven Lord from Sethekk Halls are the only non-BFA dungeon mounts I don’t have.

I’ve gotten Eye of Sulfuras twice but both times it was on characters that can’t use it (Mage and Warlock). I’m gonna hit exalted with Hydraxion tomorrow on my Pally so I’m a bit frustrated with not getting it. Only got his full tier 1 set this week (needed the helm from Garr for like 3 months). My Warlock had insane luck where in like 10 MC runs he got the Eye and both Bindings.

Nov 11, 2017
Florida
The materials are already in the PTR.

What I am curious of is the progression from 150 proffesions to the new 175 cap. You cant gain points atm in the PTR.
That's not what I mean. I mean "if the old recipes are completely useless for progression and/or if I need to keep any of the old mats."

I've been too busy with personal life stuff to bother with the PTR this cycle.

Oct 27, 2017
That's not what I mean. I mean "if the old recipes are completely useless for progression and/or if I need to keep any of the old mats."

I've been too busy with personal life stuff to bother with the PTR this cycle.
I don't recall the numbers exactly but the new prepotions and flasks are like 50% stronger than their 8.0 counterparts. It's not like they will go grey, but they will be greatly overshadowed.

Oct 26, 2017
Just responding to this thread as I am thinking about coming back and giving BFA a try and hopefully WoW Classic and would like access to the discord. Anyone see any bottom dollar prices on BFA lately?

Oct 26, 2017
It's currently down to $30 on Amazon right now.
Thanks, I will check it out - is it a good time to jump in if I plan on being pretty casual? I didn't buy at release because I just didn't like where they went with class design, but no other MMO feels as good or easy to play, so I am thinking about coming back.