• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The alliance ship where you can do the send-troops-out missions. You'll get a quest to do one and then it'll show you where the table is to do more. You have to do some of the other war quest missions first.
I just hit honored yesterday. How far am I off?

Also I responded to you earlier about the farming spot. If you saw

Deleted member 2913

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That moment when a Mythic finally drops one of your BiS pieces, thank you game. 330 now.

Last edited:

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Will I be at a disadvantage by not touching the War Campaign until I hit 120 and do all the PvE quests?

NiteChylde

Oct 28, 2017
Any German Horde players around that play casually in a small to medium size guild and are looking for new members?

My gf and I used to play on and off till Dezember 2016 and would like to jump back in. Our current guild pissed us off when we last played and when my mum died shortly afterwards we never went back to WoW.

We usually play tank/healer duos.

PM if you are interested in new members.

Last edited:

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm that's tricky.

The completionist in me wants to see and do everything story related. But I also don't wanna get burned out.

BlacJack

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
People want 40-man raid back?! God, the horror of Molten Core and BWL... NEVER AGAIN.

The only thing I want back from Vanilla is the feel of exploration and open-ness of an entire world. But... knowing the world as well as I do now, there's no mystery left.

I dunno, I do but I don't. My buddy and I were talking about that the other day. Same with dungeon finder. Like, it ruined a lot of what gave us that excitement and feeling of being a part of something but at the same time dungeon finder is so convenient and such a huge time saver we don't know if we could ACTUALLY go back.

40 man raids are sort of the same. Like, who the hell really has time anymore, but some of the best memories from the game are from those times.

I have the same feeling towards FFXI or any other old school non theme park MMO. I LOVE them but man I sort of need the convenience and speed of modern WoW now lol, else I'd never get anywhere.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm seriously going to leave one of my guys at 115 just so I can run around and be a fucking god in world PvP. Scaling is so awful right now that it's not even close to a fair fight against a 120.

Last edited:

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Armor looks pretty cool while questing, but my warrior looks like a moron, holding a boat oar in one hand, and an oversized baby rattle in the other.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just hit 120 and...I dunno, didn't have as much fun leveling as I did through legion.

Not sure what to look forward to now.

Also let me look like an Order of Embers member pls thx

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Grinding reputation to unlock gated quests I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just completed my first emissary quest and oh boy how disappointed I am that this one too rewards azerite rather than caches. On the whole the longer I play the more down I am on the azerite system, it's just thoroughly boring and the expansion goes hard on it being the core feature. Mission table is oversimplified too and the rewards suck. After Legion end-game feels almost non-existent tbh, at least at first glance.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I just completed my first emissary quest and oh boy how disappointed I am that this one too rewards azerite rather than caches. On the whole the longer I play the more down I am on the azerite system, it's just thoroughly boring and the expansion goes hard on it being the core feature. Mission table is oversimplified too and the rewards suck. After Legion end-game feels almost non-existent tbh, at least at first glance.
Can't help but to agree on a lot of the points. I'm sure the raid will be fun and stuff. I'm glad they got rid of Artifact weapons, but the Azerite mechanic is really underwhelming right now. I thought it was supposed to be the answer to complaints about talent tree reductions over the years, stat rolls and set bonuses on gear and giving players some agency back to customize the way their class plays. This doesn't seem like that at all. There's a few azerite perks that ever so slightly change the way your rotations might work etc. But usually those aren't even the best choices with passive bonuses being the most favorable.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
The azerite system is cool on its own, but as a sole means of character progression, it leaves something to be desired. I really hope they can find a way in future expansions to make character progression feel meaningful again.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, this is how I feel too. Everything feels like a step backward from Legion.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
A large portion of the playerbase thought that artifact power and the class hall mission table were too much to keep track of.

Some people were going to be upset no matter what decision Blizzard made.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
We'll see how Azerite holds up down the line, but right now it doesn't feel good to loot gear you cannot fully use because of a requirement you'll meet once you've already changed the said gear.

That being said there are traits I like and if I had the requirement to fully use them, I would see myself collecting different gears for different situations. So I can see this system be fun in the future.

And 3 days without seeing a single weapon drop... how I miss my Artefacts. I'm full 320+ except for my weapons which are stucked at 286...

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
How do you go about learning the previous expansion tiers of professions now? Like Legion Inscription for example? The trainer doesn't serve it up.

Like, as a new Scribe in BFA, how do I learn Glyphs?

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How do you go about learning the previous expansion tiers of professions now? Like Legion Inscription for example? The trainer doesn't serve it up.

Like, as a new Scribe in BFA, how do I learn Glyphs?

If you want to learn professions specific to an expansion, you have to find the trainer in their specific continent. In other words, want Northrend Inscription? Go find the trainer in Dalaran in Northrend.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So my horde was 115 a few days ago but my GF wanted to do alliance.... And it's fucking amazing.

Alliance storylines are delicjous as is their music

edit: my ally is 116 now and my horde is 115

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I really liked Vol'dun, I decided to go Vol'dun->Nazmir->Zuldazar and that way the storyline made much more sense. Seriously, they should've rethought giving players the ability to tackle the zone in any order, it made sense for Legion given the nature of it's narrative (collect X macguffins from X zones), but in Zandalar it can lead to non-sensical plot revelations (as mentioned above, you are going through zones full of blood magic users and old god influence and increasing references to old gods in Vol'dun and finally the twist that an old gold lieutenant was sealed in Vol'dun makes no sense).

Damn my guy can I get a spoiler tag?

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
We'll see how Azerite holds up down the line, but right now it doesn't feel good to loot gear you cannot fully use because of a requirement you'll meet once you've already changed the said gear.
Yeah, this aspect will probably improve as we go on and the catch up mechanic comes into play.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
So mobs will always be stronger as you gear? What's the point in gearing up then? Christ it's amazing how blizzard fucks up they're games with this shit.

Blizz (stealth) implemented this in Legion with Broken Shore at some point, got caught by the players, and then 'walked back' how strong the mobs get, without removing the mechanic. So it's likely to stay (unless enough people bitch), but the intent is (assumedly) that the mobs don't get AS strong as quickly as you do.

It's really dumb (the problem with Legion is that the ilevels jumped out of control, which is why people were steamrolling the outdoor content so badly), but Blizz seems to think that removing moments of player power growth are something that's acceptable to make things take longer.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
If you want to learn professions specific to an expansion, you have to find the trainer in their specific continent. In other words, want Northrend Inscription? Go find the trainer in Dalaran in Northrend.

Wasn't working at first, for me. Didn't realize that for the Dal one specifically, i had to complete a low-level quest, first. Thanks!

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Is there a benefit in doing the class trial? I tried too many classes and now when I know what to play I am locked out for a week lol
I read that you get something special when you do the class trial? And later use a boost on that character? Is that true?

Edit: I meant class trial, not class quest.

Last edited:

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a benefit in doing the class quest? I tried too many classes and now when I know what to play I am locked out for a week lol
I read that you get something special when you do the class quest? And later use a boost on that character? Is that true?
You still get the class mount i believe.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017

yesterdays emissary gave an ilvl 340 epic item. todays is war recources I think. They all give azerite on top of that.

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
It is stupid to make you feel and be weaker as you gear up. At ~220 ilevel i felt my retri can beat any rare i find -and i did for the silver ones. Now i am at 206 ilvl holding an ugly green 290 maul and i when i see a pack or a rare i always check my health potions and my cool downs. And these are the same mobs and rares i fought while leveling. I know, it builds character and/or skills but it is stupid.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
You still get the class mount i believe.
Errr sorry, I meant the class trial, not class quest. I've read when you do the class trial and then boost the character you get the garrison and when you don't do the class trial and boost a new toon then you won't get it. Not sure if this is still true.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
In Legion it often took more time to get to a WQ than to actually do it with how powerful we were, so I get that they want to change this dynamic, but they cannot do it at the cost of our power progression. It just feels bad and I'm gonna need seeing myself become stronger and killing mobs faster. If in one month it still takes me the same time to kill mobs as when I had just leveled up to 120, I won't be staying around for long. Honestly I don't see them keeping this ilevel scaling for too long.

thisismadness

Oct 25, 2017
A large portion of the playerbase thought that artifact power and the class hall mission table were too much to keep track of.

Some people were going to be upset no matter what decision Blizzard made.

I dont think its that they were too much to keep track of... they were just terrible at launch and I think some folks have forgotten just how bad they were. Artifact weapons put so much of a spec's effectiveness behind a significant ap grind and made it very hard to even enjoy playing an offspec. The weapon itself was cool but, as someone whose two classes are Shaman and Druid, I have no love for the system as a whole and I'd gladly take the Azerite over it because it just seems a lot smarter. The Legion table got a lot of hate early on because of all the multi-day long missions that gated a number of quests at launch.

Tortollan Emissary today. 700g reward. lmao. Terrible.

Huh, I didn't get a 340 ilvl epic from the emissary. Maybe that was a random bonus/perk for you?

Are you Alliance? I got azerite armor from both Honorbound and Zandalari caches yesterday. Taljani also has 330 legs but I'm trying to see if they upgrade to 340 if I get a few more ilvls.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Should be able to finish my war campaign tomorrow or on tuesday. Does anyone know if we get a decent reward?

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Kill 'em like Nisha would! I thought vulpera was going to be a joke race, but they are badass. The snake voice effect kinda messes with my head, though, and I'd like to bash them. :-/

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
Just did Waycrest Manor for the first time. It was pretty fun.

No one had been there before, so we were running around like we were in a Scooby Doo episode. And the music!

Status
Not open for further replies.