• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
My talents include Frostwyrms Fury, Breath of Sindragosa, and Death Pact. The cooldowns are so short it seems every or every other pull i have something ready to go. When traveling to a new spot generally i have everything up and if its the kind of quest where killing is needed i round up as much as i can and pop everything. ill see about putting up a video of a WQ board clear.
Nah that's about my strategy too heh. :P

It works really well, up to a limit. Even when I stagger my killing strikes as best as I feel I can I still end up dead sometimes. Hell if I wasn't an alchemist and steadily producing health pots I wouldn't stand a chance, it feels like!

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Got to 305, got into my first heroic. After the first boss my kid woke up so I went to go get her. Came down after less than a minute and I had been booted. Sigh.

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
Nah that's about my strategy too heh. :P

It works really well, up to a limit. Even when I stagger my killing strikes as best as I feel I can I still end up dead sometimes. Hell if I wasn't an alchemist and steadily producing health pots I wouldn't stand a chance, it feels like!
Your experience is so odd to me because i never really feel in danger. Even when my screen is flashing red i still have my defensive cds ready to go. And im not a good player by any stretch. Like i still click things on the bar because im too lazy to make keybinds for them.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Your experience is so odd to me because i never really feel in danger. Even when my screen is flashing red i still have my defensive cds ready to go. And im not a good player by any stretch. Like i still click things on the bar because im too lazy to make keybinds for them.
In all fairness I could just be trash at the game lol

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Watched the GB Quicklook and I'm super impressed with how the game looks visually/graphically now. I haven't really played since Cataclysm, but I stopped once I got to the BC stuff at level 60. The leveling was just sooo slow.. Is the game worth revisiting if I want an atmospheric RPG/loot game with cool environments? Not into raiding or PVP.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the GB Quicklook and I'm super impressed with how the game looks visually/graphically now. I haven't really played since Cataclysm, but I stopped once I got to the BC stuff at level 60. The leveling was just sooo slow.. Is the game worth revisiting if I want an atmospheric RPG/loot game with cool environments? Not into raiding or PVP.
Yes, just use the boost

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Getting frustrated like many others about the lack of secondary stats. Preach was absolutely right in those videos he put up during beta saying how slow the game is at 120 due to a lack of haste and the GCD change.

I got my hunter to 303 ilvl after buying a 300 bow off the AH. Felt dirty but damn it I was stuck with a 286 gun before and was getting no drops in dungeons and WQs weren't giving me any weapons for BM or survival. Think after my sub runs out at the end of the month I'll let it lapse until at least 8.1. Spiderman is coming out shortly and I just need a break for a bit.

TouchOfGray

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna hit lvl 115 in about an hour on my Prot Pally and I'm already getting pissy about losing my free holy shield talent.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
gave all my heroic loot away today, feelsbadman (or feelsgoodman depending on what youre looking for lol). Was top dmg on almost every boss as Demonology with posse, pretty happy, switching to the big cooldowns really helped my dps.

ilvl 321 now but there seems to be some trepidation in my group about trying mythics for now.

Raein

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I've put about 40 hours into the expansion now. I feel like Blizzard keeps doing this really annoying thing where the prelude to the expansion is this massive story-moving series of setpieces, followed by...

"Hello, we are turtle people, can you please go gather some dinosaur shit and a few cups of ooze for us?"

followed by:

"We're dealing with SNAKE PEOPLE! Please help us kill them all!"

What the fuck happened to the Battle for Azeroth? Your hero has been through so much shit at this point that it's just fucking stupid to keep throwing you back into these mindless tasks and completely forgetting about the main story until you hit endgame, at which point it still hasn't really gotten back into this new war.

I think Blizzard peaked in Wrath with this kind of stuff. You were still running around the zones clearing out subplots, but they kept tying it back to Arthas over and over. He would make a small appearance, or you'd get something like Wrathgate. Even WoD was decent at this. From the Horde perspective, this expansion has just felt like "Welcome to Zul'gurub 3.0!, we hope you like trolls!" Three entire zones that result in an Old God getting released. This again? They've beaten this shit to death so many times that it's basically just expansion housekeeping. "OH NO, AN OLD GOD HAS BEEN RELEASED, BETTER KILL IT BEFORE IT ENDS LIFE ON AZEROTH!"

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone play on a 4K tv? I'm going to be moving and revamping my setup soon. My 55inch Sony 4k will end up sitting above my setup and I thought it'd be neat to play WoW on it. Is it worth it? My tv can do 120hz at 1080p, I just don't know how much that matters in the end for WoW relative to other games.

I've been gaming in my 144hz monitor so I've been in a high FPS required mode for a good while.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone play on a 4K tv? I'm going to be moving and revamping my setup soon. My 55inch Sony 4k will end up sitting above my setup and I thought it'd be neat to play WoW on it. Is it worth it? My tv can do 120hz at 1080p, I just don't know how much that matters in the end for WoW relative to other games.

I've been gaming in my 144hz monitor so I've been in a high FPS required mode for a good while.
I used to, probably on the same TV as yours (i use a 4k monitor now). WoW is beautiful in 4k but the awkward positioning of having to look up rather than directly at a monitor can become grating.

OP
OP
Tachya

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017

Ehhh?

If you're not into raiding or PvP you will exhaust your endgame content VERY quickly (relative to an MMO) after the new expansion sheen wears off. If you're not into dungeons/group content either (which do have a deep progression system now with Mythic+), I couldn't recommend the game.

Simply because dungeons/raids are the meat and potatoes of the game. Questing is simply an appetizer.

But the lore/environments are fantastic regardless.

Oct 27, 2017
Newnan, GA
Edit: Using the phone app I had a follower mission that with one champ added it was at 90% but as soon as I added any of the generic fighters it went to 15% and then 55% with two of them on it. It wasn't 115% and 155% either as putting two champions on the mission put it at 110% or something so it showed properly. It was listed as a rare mission so maybe that was part of the glitch? I sent it out showing 55% just to see if it's correct behind the scenes and simply displayed incorrectly.
If it was a Stealth mission you do lose a percentage for every troop follower that is added.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do the ability bonuses for the azerite armor get more interesting when epics come in? Only seeing kind of underwhelming stuff like "X more arcane missile damage per arcane charge" which is nice if you stack it but not really exciting.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do the ability bonuses for the azerite armor get more interesting when epics come in? Only seeing kind of underwhelming stuff like "X more arcane missile damage per arcane charge" which is nice if you stack it but not really exciting.

Mythic / 340+ has another tier, but that's it. You're not going to find anything exciting.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
gave all my heroic loot away today, feelsbadman (or feelsgoodman depending on what youre looking for lol). Was top dmg on almost every boss as Demonology with posse, pretty happy, switching to the big cooldowns really helped my dps.

ilvl 321 now but there seems to be some trepidation in my group about trying mythics for now.
They're really not any harder than heroics. If your group is all similarly geared, there's no chance you struggle, just save shrine for last as it's quite a bit harder than the others (but still fine).

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So I've put about 40 hours into the expansion now. I feel like Blizzard keeps doing this really annoying thing where the prelude to the expansion is this massive story-moving series of setpieces, followed by...

"Hello, we are turtle people, can you please go gather some dinosaur shit and a few cups of ooze for us?"

followed by:

"We're dealing with SNAKE PEOPLE! Please help us kill them all!"

What the fuck happened to the Battle for Azeroth? Your hero has been through so much shit at this point that it's just fucking stupid to keep throwing you back into these mindless tasks and completely forgetting about the main story until you hit endgame, at which point it still hasn't really gotten back into this new war.

I think Blizzard peaked in Wrath with this kind of stuff. You were still running around the zones clearing out subplots, but they kept tying it back to Arthas over and over. He would make a small appearance, or you'd get something like Wrathgate. Even WoD was decent at this. From the Horde perspective, this expansion has just felt like "Welcome to Zul'gurub 3.0!, we hope you like trolls!" Three entire zones that result in an Old God getting released. This again? They've beaten this shit to death so many times that it's basically just expansion housekeeping. "OH NO, AN OLD GOD HAS BEEN RELEASED, BETTER KILL IT BEFORE IT ENDS LIFE ON AZEROTH!"

I dunno, I feel they frame it decently enough as part of the war effort to earn favor of these new allies whom don't give a shit about the Horde or their problems and need convincing through favors. It's admittedly the same excuse used with every expansion, and it certainly can feel tiring, but I sort of appreciate the intent to have this unique culture and social operatus where gathering dino shit and a few cups of ooze is a thing for them.

THAT SAID......

I will concede that a balance can be met and I do agree that after the bombastic introduction, the war kind of tapers into 'Life with Trolls: Warcraft edition' on the Horde side. I am a bit less bothered by the mundane and have maybe more patience for the cultural pitstop, but when I think about how another large MMO handled similar storytelling and a war effort in its longform narrative...Blizzard's marketing and execution feels off the mark somewhat.

So Battle for Azeroth...coming late 2019 in a free patch update for subscribers!

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mythic / 340+ has another tier, but that's it. You're not going to find anything exciting.
That's a shame. Sad they did a 180 on gear bonuses that dramatically improve or change a class like the Legion Legendaries. You could criticize drop rate being like a lottery but I thought everyone loved how they changed up a class or made it better.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, I feel they frame it decently enough as part of the war effort to earn favor of these new allies whom don't give a shit about the Horde or their problems and need convincing through favors. It's admittedly the same excuse used with every expansion, and it certainly can feel tiring, but I sort of appreciate the intent to have this unique culture and social operatus where gathering dino shit and a few cups of ooze is a thing for them.

THAT SAID......

I will concede that a balance can be met and I do agree that after the bombastic introduction, the war kind of tapers into 'Life with Trolls: Warcraft edition' on the Horde side. I am a bit less bothered by the mundane and have maybe more patience for the cultural pitstop, but when I think about how another large MMO handled similar storytelling and a war effort in its longform narrative...Blizzard's marketing and execution feels off the mark somewhat.

So Battle for Azeroth...coming late 2019 in a free patch update for subscribers!
To be fair, Warfronts are coming in a few weeks.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to be completely honest here. The Alliance vs Horde faction war lost it's appeal all the way back in WC3. I have this impossible dream of Blizz dismantling the Alliance and Horde as playable factions and let our characters be loyal to whatever they want. Hell, why not bind your character "faction" to the Order of the class you have chosen to play with? If you are Mage you are bound to the Kirin Tor, if you are a Shaman to the Earthen Ring, etc.

TouchOfGray

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how you people are using TSM right now. I tried it and it took over an hour to can the 32 items in my bags. Does it get faster?

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I'm going to be completely honest here. The Alliance vs Horde faction war lost it's appeal all the way back in WC3. I have this impossible dream of Blizz dismantling the Alliance and Horde as playable factions and let our characters be loyal to whatever they want. Hell, why not bind your character "faction" to the Order of the class you have chosen to play with? If you are Mage you are bound to the Kirin Tor, if you are a Shaman to the Earthen Ring, etc.

That sounds lame as hell. Lok'tar Ogar! Smashing Alliance fools will always be appealing.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
This is the first expansion I haven't picked up. I thought I'd cave but I haven't so far. Whenever I pop into a Twitch stream it looks pretty drab from a color palette perspective and there doesn't seem to be a big hook with this one. Is this expansion falling flat with the community (I know it's early) or is it just my limited exposure to the game?

I just don't see the compelling lure for this expansion. There's no Lich King w/ Northrend, there's no Artifiact weapons w/ class halls, there's no Pandaria, there's no revamp of old content due to the Cataclysm - it feels flat from the outside looking in.

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017

What's your dps like? Love demo but my damage sucks (only ilvl 310)

half a moon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it'dbe cool if you could defect any race.

OP
OP
Tachya

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first expansion I haven't picked up. I thought I'd cave but I haven't so far. Whenever I pop into a Twitch stream it looks pretty drab from a color palette perspective and there doesn't seem to be a big hook with this one. Is this expansion falling flat with the community (I know it's early) or is it just my limited exposure to the game?

I just don't see the compelling lure for this expansion. There's no Lich King w/ Northrend, there's no Artifiact weapons w/ class halls, there's no Pandaria, there's no revamp of old content due to the Cataclysm - it feels flat from the outside looking in.

Have you been watching mostly Alliance zones (I think most of the big streamers are Alliance, at least the ones that get 10k+ viewers). Those zones are much more muted compared to the Horde ones, at least IMO.

Game is on point as far as I'm concerned. But just given that it's NEW content, I'd probably be playing regardless.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
What's your dps like? Love demo but my damage sucks (only ilvl 310)

numbers wise? around 7-7.5k on bosses

wait maybe not so high? 6-7k maybe? I cant remember Ill check when im home.

I really want to run vile fiend on my demo lock, but there is a bug causing it to randomly fizzle. Sucks to waste the cast and the shard

I gave up on vile even before I knew it was bugged. Im running soul strike and actually really liking it, great for mobility. Also running the felguard grimoire instead of inner demons, its ridiculously bursty :D

Last edited:

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth |OT| Dolly and Dot Are My Best Friends
0AXlBTh.gif

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
if I'm leveling through Legion from 100 to 110, am I still supposed to use the Artifact weapon?

I haven't played in about 1.5 years so I don't really know anything, it says something on my Artifact weapon about the powers being inactive now?

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
if I'm leveling through Legion from 100 to 110, am I still supposed to use the Artifact weapon?

I haven't played in about 1.5 years so I don't really know anything, it says something on my Artifact weapon about the powers being inactive now?
There are essentially no weapons outside of them (especially worth anything). The weapons are definitely nerfed, but they buffed the talents to compensate (as well as nerfed the whole leveling enemies. They die SUPER fast, at least on my rogue who I'm playing with right now).

Segway into the fact that I finally used my legion level boost on a new void elf rogue so I'm just now hammering through Legion content on alliance for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.