• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Couldn't help but laugh when I saw that bottle.
Qb9PBxG.png

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Can I just give Blizzard money to unlock allied races?
I barely have any interest in this, and the though of having to grind to unlock the race I want to play and then start from level 20 is just so off putting.

hashtagrekt

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wrote about it in the community but there is so much side quest bloat in each zone, and they're all so close to the main story quest path. Content is good but sometimes you can't even differentiate what's story and what's side. I hit 120 with like 65% of main story quests left in 2 zones.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I gave up on vile even before I knew it was bugged. Im running soul strike and actually really liking it, great for mobility. Also running the felguard grimoire instead of inner demons, its ridiculously bursty :D

Yeah, I found soul strike an awkward fit in my rotation at first but now I'm really digging it. The shard bonus makes a huge difference for my deeps

I will probably switch to FG grimoire from inner demons as well once I hit the level cap. Right now I don't need the burst very often

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Just started WoW back up, was gifted a year and figured I could play a little with my girlfriend. I haven't grabbed BfA yet but as someone who hasn't played since Pandaria, leveling has really gotten a whole lot more enjoyable, really surprised me! I was super skeptical of the play anywhere changes but I'm actually impressed. Will probably pick up BfA when I get a character up.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
btw I did my first horde heroic today (or horde dungeon in general), the Underrot I think its called, and the group thought it was harder than any of the alliance ones /shrug

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Reached 120 with sub Rogue. Did some world quests. Now I just battle ground. I think I figured out why I never stay subscribed after a month.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There are essentially no weapons outside of them (especially worth anything). The weapons are definitely nerfed, but they buffed the talents to compensate (as well as nerfed the whole leveling enemies. They die SUPER fast, at least on my rogue who I'm playing with right now).

Segway into the fact that I finally used my legion level boost on a new void elf rogue so I'm just now hammering through Legion content on alliance for the first time.
ok thx friend!

and yea I seem to be killing enemies while questing in Legion really fast already, I was just wondering if there was something I needed to know about the Artifact weapons now

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
ok thx friend!

and yea I seem to be killing enemies while questing in Legion really fast already, I was just wondering if there was something I needed to know about the Artifact weapons now

Nah, just put relics in them while lvling in Broken Isles and proceed to dump them into your bank once you got your first BfA weapon.

Repgnar

Nov 4, 2017
Oh man I'm having a blast with this game. Finished all 10 mythics today with Siege of Boralus & King's Reach. Siege was awesome (Really tempting me to level up an alliance toon with their settings). King's Reach was rough due to two party members but got through it. Haven't been this invested since BC/Wrath. 341 ILVL with only WQ's to do tomorrow. May dive into some PvP or level leatherworking so I can craft those items next week.

Question for the future. Playing horde and have no intentions to have an alt any time soon. But there's a real possibility of faction changing sometime during the expansion to play with some friends. How do reputations with allied races work when faction changing?

OP
OP
Tachya

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Can I just give Blizzard money to unlock allied races?
I barely have any interest in this, and the though of having to grind to unlock the race I want to play and then start from level 20 is just so off putting.

It's funny to me you ask for this, since something like that would be seen as a massive cash grab in almost any other game.

Reached 120 with sub Rogue. Did some world quests. Now I just battle ground. I think I figured out why I never stay subscribed after a month.

The game really just isn't for some people. No shame in that.

Deleted member 2913

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
330 now, didn't get the mythic fist weapon off the second boss of underot like I wanted though, womp womp. Still got an upgrade ring so not all too bad.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Had a blast this weekend. I did Siege of Barulus because of the Jaina quest line. Funny how Blizzard doesn't mark the quest as mythic until you try. My group finder group reminded me of old wow. Yes, we wiped a lot, but we stuck with it and got better and eventually finished. Mythic is intense, but it's worth the reward.

Bricktop

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Scaling is so fucking broken. So sick of fighting 120's and doing pretty well only to have some 110 roll up and my me his bitch because Blizzard can't scale anything for shit.

There is so much wrong with this expansion it's not funny. Once you get outside of leveling it's all pretty much garbage.

Alexiell

Oct 25, 2017
Louisiana
First 3 bosses of Nighthold 10man normal down. 4th bosses damage was too much for me, feels like I will need several more ilevels to do anymore as frost. I could switch to blood for all dah heals....

Blayde

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
are the dungeons broken or something? sat in queue for over 2 hours and never got in one. It keeps saying average wait time is like 20-30 min. Is this normal?

Between that and the realization that its gonna take for fucking ever to get exalted with the allied races to unlock them im kind of regretting buying this expansion.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Scaling is so fucking broken. So sick of fighting 120's and doing pretty well only to have some 110 roll up and my me his bitch because Blizzard can't scale anything for shit.

There is so much wrong with this expansion it's not funny. Once you get outside of leveling it's all pretty much garbage.

I beg to differ and it is certainly not garbage. Maybe the 110 was just a better player than you? No... couldn't be that.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying the current iteration of mistweaver monk. I didn't think I'd like what they did to renewing mist, but adding charges and having thunder focus tea make it last 10 seconds longer makes it a lot easier to manage. With that said, I was watching some mythic dungeon mistweaver videos, and that guy seems to use renewing mist quite sparingly. So I was wondering, if there's any other mistweavers here, what do you do? (the videos in question)

m_dorian

Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
I beg to differ and it is certainly not garbage. Maybe the 110 was just a better player than you? No... couldn't be that.

Many people on forums have reported the same problems for PvE and and for PvP claiming that in some cases a low level character can outmatch a capped one. I can not say anything about PvP because i do not play it but there is a problem with PvE when one reaches 120 concerning the item level method of scaling and the time to kill the mob. I think that those issues will disappear as soon as the devs rethink the tuning.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
are the dungeons broken or something? sat in queue for over 2 hours and never got in one. It keeps saying average wait time is like 20-30 min. Is this normal?

Between that and the realization that its gonna take for fucking ever to get exalted with the allied races to unlock them im kind of regretting buying this expansion.
They claim there is nothing wrong and its just lack of tanks and healers but I find that hard to be he case when the queue time is jumping around constantly in most cases getting shorter and shorter as I find myself going longer and longer

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Many people on forums have reported the same problems for PvE and and for PvP claiming that in some cases a low level character can outmatch a capped one. I can not say anything about PvP because i do not play it but there is a problem with PvE when one reaches 120 concerning the item level method of scaling and the time to kill the mob. I think that those issues will disappear as soon as the devs rethink the tuning.

Tuning is one thing. I think the hyperbole of theirs that everything after leveling is garbage is what made me roll my eyes. I'm not saying people should have to SIM their characters but many of the people complaining , I've seen it too, seem to show anreally inept understanding of stats and character optimization beyond the all too relied upon ilvl. I wish they would do away with item level being displayed as it is today honestly.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I think the 'faction war' aspect, if it's really meant to be a major part of things, should have had a bit more involvement during the leveling process than the 3 war campaign 'scenarios'. I'm not 100% sure what that entails, but I think more was needed than just setting up 3 outposts and working with neutral pirates/parties to get there.

Something like the Wrathgate or Siege of Lordaeron that happened on either kul'tiras or Zandalar would have really helped there, as one possibility.

Otherwise, as things currently stand I agree that it's too much of a 'backstory focus' to really highlight that we're supposed to be building up to this massive conflict by gathering allies to have the war to end all wars (at least on Sylvanas' side).

Legion (as of now) did it better overall with recruiting new allies with the basic 'zone' questing - but we'll have to see how involved the warfront gets to really judge things, I suppose.

Mattakuevan

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm not ready to call it 'garbage' but it sure does have a lot of issues out of the gate.

Kaper

Oct 26, 2017
I believe the problem is that 110-115s have access to their old legendaries and trinkets, on top of the wonky scaling. I was steamrolling people left and right while leveling my second character.

Nov 2, 2017

The scaling really is fucking whack. I hit 120 and I feel weak as shit, it's legitimately making me not want to play. Coupled with Blizz's gutting of the World quest addons, they feel like they take forever and it just isn't fun. I don't care if it was "just like that in Legion" or some bullshit, because if so it was dumb then too. Even though I played Legion at launch and I don't remember feeling like this. Like, my legendaries weren't even any good, just two that gave me decent movespeed as DK (which it dearly needs), but pretty much once you get past 115ish, it just gets sloggier and sloggier.

Also, I really wish there was a sort of tomestone system in WoW like FFXIV has. It's not fun to run dungeons and get literally nothing gear wise. At least in FFXIV, if you don't get gear in a high end dungeon, you get tomes to spend on gear. Bring back justice points

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I dont "get" brewmaster. Im just questing at 110 having never played it mind you, but I dont get the whole stagger thing.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
My hordie retri does not have any legendaries and he is very capable at bringing down mobs in 110 and 111 level. The same mobs or same types of mobs my 120 i306 lvl alliance retri brings down needing more time to achieve it. Not much but mob after mob it adds up. You can tell the difference.

Agreed - stuff melted at 110 to even (IMO) 118 or so - it was the last couple levels where every mob started to take a few second longer.

Now, at 324 ilevel it's relatively faster again compared to 286 or whatever I was when I dinged, but I'd still say (anecdotally) that it's slower than the 110-115 or so experience.

Admittedly, part of that is likely somewhat related to legendaries and the outliers they created for ilevel compared to actual level, when IIRC ilevel scaling doesn't kick in until 120.

Also, I really wish there was a sort of tomestone system in WoW like FFXIV has. It's not fun to run dungeons and get literally nothing gear wise. At least in FFXIV, if you don't get gear in a high end dungeon, you get tomes to spend on gear. Bring back justice points

I've kind of wondered on this, and I assume the WQ system is meant to be the 'replacement' for bad luck protection for gear compared to the old badge/point system

The problem is, though, that WQs are random, and in my 4 days of playing, out of something like 13 dungeons and 4 days of WQs, I've seen zero two-handers for Ret. At least with the badges you had a (admittedly limited) selection of items you could specifically pick, rather than having to wait out.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I've been tanking dungeons as Blood, so I could see just sticking with that to do WQs for awhile. It's feels super weird as Frost to basically be guaranteed a death if you somehow aggro more than like three normal enemies. Hoping it's just a gear problem and feels better once I'm at least done farming heroic items, but we'll see.
Leveled from 110 to 120 as Blood, mostly cause I needed to get comfortable with the build for tanking, still Blood now, doing WQs and all, partly cause I don't have any weapons for Frost, but yeah, I basically have to pull 5 mobs at once, cause it takes about the same time killing 1 as it does 5. "Rare Elits" with around 200k HP take roughly 2 minutes to kill now, and they hardly even hit me. I can basically AFK if I want to. Shit's not balanced at all it seems.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
btw I did my first horde heroic today (or horde dungeon in general), the Underrot I think its called, and the group thought it was harder than any of the alliance ones /shrug

I haven't done any Heroics yet, hit 305 ilvl a few days ago (308 now woo!), but I'm wary of tanking with randoms, specially with dungeons I've never done before, so still waiting for a few friends to catch up, but anyway, to my point. Never had much trouble with Underrot on normal, and our healer doesn't complain. The Motherlode however, is shit. Packs of mobs everywhere, lots of chances for add pulls and so on. Fucking hate it as a tank.

KelticNight

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like the honeymoon period for this expansion didn't last a week. Seen complaints about scaling, borked Warmode, lack of rewards at 120, time gated rep grinds, expeditions being tediously shit, Blizzard ignoring player feedback during beta so it launched with issues that had been known about for a while.

At least some of the zones look nice. Music is alright, too.

Thoraxes

Oct 25, 2017
Gehenna
I'm really enjoying the current iteration of mistweaver monk. I didn't think I'd like what they did to renewing mist, but adding charges and having thunder focus tea make it last 10 seconds longer makes it a lot easier to manage. With that said, I was watching some mythic dungeon mistweaver videos, and that guy seems to use renewing mist quite sparingly. So I was wondering, if there's any other mistweavers here, what do you do? (the videos in question)
I just have 100% uptime on it since it's a smart heal and jumps accordingly, and also gets that initial mastery heal. I wouldn't use your Thunder Focus Tea on Renewing Mist to extend the duration though. Mostly because you have two charges with a 9 second cooldown anyway.

On higher difficulties i've found it's much more useful used in conjunction with Enveloping Mist while channeling Soothing Mist since you get the heal+mastery+extra heal, plus the 7 second heal buff in which you can then spam Vivify as necessary. Always saves my butt in mythics, and in general, I find it's just a plain good combination for massive burst heals when needed. Also can hit Thunder Focus Tea while channeling Soothing Mist and it doesn't interrupt the spell and seems to be off the GCD too, iirc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tachya

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Did Island expeditions for the first time tonight.

Man they are fun. They're basically (FINALLY) WoW's version of DotA or similar. The Mythic ones are no joke either.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Hit 120 last night, probably won't have much time to play over the next couple of days but I guess the plan is to finish Vol'dun, do war campaign and then look at gearing up/reps

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
hmmm the stagger bar isnt showing up with my elvui setup. what is it called, like UI wise, maybe I had it turned off somewhere.

OP
OP
Tachya

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
hmmm the stagger bar isnt showing up with my elvui setup. what is it called, like UI wise, maybe I had it turned off somewhere.

There isn't a bar per se. It's usually displayed as the green/yellow/red aura around your character. One of the built in Blizzard auras.

Those can be disabled though, so you might have done that at some point.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
God damn, I should have leveled my priest before my paladin. Questing as shadow is an infinitely smoother experience. Retri/prot was such an awkward clunky experience that it burned me out several times before I hit 120. And now I'm too far into that one for getting the pathfinder achievement to bother switching.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So I am trying to do the Monk mount quest (I am level 110 after the boost) and have no idea how to get to the Broken Shore from Stormwind. It's this quest here:
https://www.wowhead.com/quest=46353/master-who

Are there any other prerequisite to this quest?
Also I have a passive (Master Riding) that says see your trainer. Which one would that be?

Anyone that can help?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tachya

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
So I am trying to do the Monk mount quest (I am level 110 after the boost) and have no idea how to get to the Broken Shore from Stormwind. It's this quest here:
https://www.wowhead.com/quest=46353/master-who

Are there any other prerequisite to this quest?

Anyone that can help?

Yes there are actually quite a few prerequisites. You have to do intro to the broken shore (breadcrumb should be in Dalaran), and then complete the Breaching the Tomb achievement/questline which will take probably at least a couple days. Only after you've done all that will you be able to access the mount questline.

Look up a guide on how to unlock class mounts if you get lost beyond that.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Blizzard dropped the ball with communicating to the average player that Siege of Boralus requires attunement (and how to get that attunement). Trying to put together a PUG for it has been an ordeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.