• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
How exactly does Zoning work in BFA? I'm trying to meet up with my lower level friend in Silvermoon on my 120 toon, but I don't see them even though we're standing right next to each other on the map. Does it zone you based on your level now?

Also FWIW, they're on a different server, but we are grouped up together.

Do you have War Mode on, or do they? You're probably in different War Modes.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
/target Frightened Kodo macro while flying around or make a class trial on a low pop RP realm and unlock it on that character.
I've been doing both of those. Got the macro, SilverDragon, NPCScan, multiple toons on multiple servers, a route of all known spawns...nothin'.

I'm gonna get this fucker eventually

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Nah fuck that argument. I was never bored during TBC or Wrath.

This is the most bored with wow I've ever been. I could not give less of a shit about anything they're doing right now.

Storytelling is cool but that's not what I have to play for months on end, it's the game that matters.
i mean, i don't disagree

just that if someone was feeling particularly dishonest, you could make that case, even though the only really notable thing so far in BFA's storytelling is jaina's pseudo-redemption arc

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me, or it's impossible to get 340+ rings and trinkets from warfronts or emissaries? You can literally get anything else up to 370-385 from them, but if you want high lvl rings and trinkets, its raids and mythics only(or hope for war/titanforge)?

The Tortollan emissary in Europe a few days ago gave a chest that was a guaranteed 370 ring or trinket, so it looks like those have been separated out.

Edit: A 370 version of this

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me, or it's impossible to get 340+ rings and trinkets from warfronts or emissaries? You can literally get anything else up to 370-385 from them, but if you want high lvl rings and trinkets, its raids and mythics only(or hope for war/titanforge)?

I had an Emissary a couple of days ago for the Tortollans that was a cache with either a trinket or ring in it at ilvl 365 and I got a ring which was nice because I've had shit luck with getting them from M+. Dunno if this cache is new in 8.1 or has just been extremely rare.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Does anyone else lose like 20-30 fps everytime there is smoke/mist on their screen? I've been dealing with this for a while, but that Alliance version of the Drustvar's Assault where there is a lot of poison "mist" all over the place on the Horde ship is just making things worse.

There's also this weird lag I've noticed on my paladin alt. Not only is there a slight delay on my actions, but sometimes my mount is invisible and my character looks like he's running really fast and somehow.... I don't generate holy power until I'm out of combat(going from 0 to 5 once I killed the last enemy)?? I have to log out to fix this, but it happened more than once. First time I ever see this and not sure if the cause is either Drustvar or War Mode(since I don't notice this bug on my lvl 120 alts not using War Mode). Known bug?

Last edited:

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I have that issue with the smoke. If I run through a cloud of something it Hanks up everything for like half a second.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone else lose like 20-30 fps everytime there is smoke/mist on their screen? I've been dealing with this for a while, but that Alliance version of the Drustvar's Assault where there is a lot of poison "mist" all over the place on the Horde ship is just making things worse.

There's also this weird lag I've noticed on my paladin alt. Not only is there a slight delay on my actions, but sometimes my mount is invisible and my character looks like he's running really fast and somehow.... I don't generate holy power until I'm out of combat(going from 0 to 5 once I killed the last enemy)?? I have to log out to fix this, but it happened more than once. First time I ever see this and not sure if the cause is either Drustvar or War Mode(since I don't notice this bug on my lvl 120 alts not using War Mode). Known bug?

Same issue. Invisible mount issue in Drust in war mode on alts.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Man why do they keep nerfing gold income in game? I am poor ingame as it is, Grifta Rogue weekly used to be 5000g in Legion then it was knocked down to 2500g at BFA release. Find out now after 8.1 its down to 1232g now. Come on!

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The smoke fps thing is normal in WoW's engine if your settings are high/ultra

I always have that happen in certain specific areas

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
Did Blizzard do something to the launcher? Every time I try to start it my computer completely freezes and I have to restart it. As far as I know it only happen with the B.net launcher, and as it is now I can't play any Blizzard games...

Anyone know of a way to get in to the games without going through the launcher?

*Edit*
Tried to reinstall it, but it freezes before it can even begin the installation...

Unknown837

Oct 26, 2017
Did Blizzard do something to the launcher? Every time I try to start it my computer completely freezes and I have to restart it. As far as I know it only happen with the B.net launcher, and as it is now I can't play any Blizzard games...

Anyone know of a way to get in to the games without going through the launcher?

I have this issue when sometimes playing in DX12 in game and moving my cursor to any window on another monitor. Have to play on DX11 for it to work fine.

OP
OP
Tachya

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
I actually like war mode and think it has more potential than old world pvp. I jumped back in again and have been enjoying it. Incursions puts a neat twist on it as well. If factions are somewhat balanced then it's pretty fun.

Yeah I think war mode has more potential in modern WoW than previous world PvP. It's a step in the right direction, but so far just a step. Kind of sloppily implemented and the excessive phasing/sharding is terrible. No joke, their server tech seems to have been downgraded with the implementation of sharding -- they seem to be able to handle fewer players in one area and just spin up another shard instead. This is a huge problem in having the game world feel lively. I mean, anecdote, but when I can't even see someone on my friendslist on the same server, both with warmode on the same setting, in the same spot, something is seriously wrong. It honestly is probably helping to mask how bad sub numbers really are if I'm being cynical.

I haven't done holidays in game since I unlocked What's a Long, Strange Trip back in Wrath/Cata. The pets etc just aren't enough to get me to log in daily for those, lol.

Yeah, pretty much all the holidays I kinda ignore now for the same reason unless there's something new for a given year, even then it's usually not worth it. I get why they don't do big revamps or add too much at one time, since people that might not have done the holidays before still have a lot to do in any given annual holiday. Would be nice if they added brand new holidays maybe -- the micro-holidays are okay, but there's no lasting rewards for those since they only last a couple days at most.

uhh... why would they stop having this?

FUN DETECTED.

But seriously, this is another case of "you're not playing the way WE want you to play."

But they've retracted it for now, while they have further internal discussions or whatever.

OP
OP
Tachya

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and sorry for not updating the OP any time recently, but people still reading the thread at this point probably don't need up to date information there (you know where to go for it). Might update when 8.2 drops lol -- probably more to change then anyway.

But I've been dealing with some personal things, usually still read the Discord daily though if not post there.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Are the LFR versions of Legion raids soloable/worth doing, up to Antorus? If they bothered putting NPCs for that in 8.1, I assume yes? I might be tempted to do them to get some sets, but if we get like 1 item per boss(like the last time I tried to do normal Emerald Nightmare in 8.0), I think I'll just forget about it.

Edit : Yeah... not really. Tried LFR Antorus, and while I could kill the first boss easily enough with my fury warrior, the 2nd one was impossible.

Last edited:

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to lvl up a BE Paladin on the 4 day holiday weekend to get some allied races. My research says that it is no longer the best method to queue up for dungeons. I guess they nerfed them in Legion. I have full heirlooms w/enchants, minus the ring. I'm also enabling war mode for 10% for a total of 55% increased XP. I have 3 of the 300% xp pots as well. I'm hoping for at least 110 so that I can get High Tauren and Nightborne. Not looking forward to the grind rep for Mag'Har Orc.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Begun Winter's Veil with like 3 toys, did the daily with 7 rerolls for 5 days and now I'm just missing the sled (and the toys that arrives from december 25th).
Good thing the drop rates aren't abysmal, though I'm definitely not farming Grumpus.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Last edited:

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
today I had some fun in BFA.
faction invasion in nazmir had a cool bombarding final mission where you start from a badass horde aircraft carrier

the new warfront opened, and although warfronts are kinda dull they are fun enough to do every other week.

OP
OP
Tachya

Tachya

Oct 25, 2017
The new Darkshore warfront is better than the Arathi one, but it's still not "good". There's some interesting pieces going on, but it's decidedly less than the sum of its parts.

I think it's telling when one of the best things I can say about the Darkshore warfront is that it seems to be significantly shorter than the Arathi one.

Though that's still important to note regardless of the actual content in these - length is rather easy metric to tune.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm only buying the winter helmet that is going away because I have $5 blizzard credit that I don't know what else to do.
Edit: I just did the math on that 5 mill gold dinosaur mount. That would cost almost $1000 or buying 50 tokens at the current token price. Damn!
Edit2: I guess I don't have $5 credit. Never mind then. I bought the $25 celestial steed when it came out and I have always regretted paying $25 for digital item.

Last edited:

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone see this on the Blizz store?

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/world-of-warcraft-igi-see-you-later

I don't know what to say about this.

I bought it. Cost $33, but I have a huge Blizz balance from gold, so I don't care. I'm a sucker for wanting things that I can no longer get.

Also bought a bunch of store mounts at 50%. Adjusted gold price is still cheaper than some vendor mounts.

If anyone is leveling using Assaults, I am doing it on my toons and got about 300K per invasion with WM on (30%) and the post assault buff. Roughly 1/3 of a level? Pretty sure the XP bonuses don't stack though.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
So why should I turn war mode on? Aren't I just going to get roflstomped while I level?

Great XP bonuses while leveling, rep boost and war resource boosts. Also at max level, there are quests that reward decent 370 gear for killing other players. Mostly it's fun and adds a bit of danger to the world and can turn a boring assault into an organic Tarren Mill. I don't run around all the time in WM, but it's easy enough to switch on and off.

can anyone explain why these digital items would be "retired" anyway??

Disney's Vault. ie: a marketing ploy to create artificial scarcity and drive up numbers before the end of a financial period. Activision probably told Blizz to bump up some WoW numbers to compensate for lost subs, but Blizz doesn't have many ways to pump up cash except through the story. Pretty scummy IMO but par for the course for big gaming companies these days.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Disney's Vault. ie: a marketing ploy to create artificial scarcity and drive up numbers before the end of a financial period. Activision probably told Blizz to bump up some WoW numbers to compensate for lost subs, but Blizz doesn't have many ways to pump up cash except through the story. Pretty scummy IMO but par for the course for big gaming companies these days.
lol that's really the reason?? I was wondering if there was actually some other legitimate reason

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I bought it. Cost $33, but I have a huge Blizz balance from gold, so I don't care. I'm a sucker for wanting things that I can no longer get.
That's why they're doing it, unfortunately.

Didn't they change how war mode is activated? Don't you still have to go back to storm wind or can you do it on boralus?

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
If you guys have been experiencing world lag issues with looting/abilities since 8.1, I just had a chat with a GM in game and he was porting me around testing things with the server. Sounded like they've identified what's causing it. Hopefully not long til we get a fix

Status
Not open for further replies.