• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Man, titanforging needs to fuck right off. The only reason easy content (lfr/warfronts) are in the game is to reward people who either aren't capable of doing it or are too lazy to put in the effort to be capable of doing it. The idea that someone in lfr is capable of getting the 385 shield off of Vectis just because lol dice rolling is stupid. All war/titanforging should be capable of doing is getting +5/+10 ilvls above the base of whatever level of content you're doing. Fuck, there's a guy in my guild who got a mythic 6 titanforged 395 cloak in the first week of m+ and he hasn't had to replace it in 3 months. That is asinine. When the raid group I lead downed M Mother for the first time I gave someone else my loot because it was a downgrade for me. That's fucked.

This isn't even a casual vs. hardcore thing for me, I don't consider myself hardcore. It's the design philosophy in and of itself that's scummy from Blizz. Let's give people gear that is a higher ilvl than they've earned to make them feel good. Let's give them that dopamine hit so they'll keep playing our game. This design philosophy has activision's fingerprints all over it. It's sad to see that AV has done this to Blizzard.
Calling it "scummy" is an... interesting take.

But yes ignoring that hyperbole, titanforging is a very misguided concept, at best.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Man, titanforging needs to fuck right off. The only reason easy content (lfr/warfronts) are in the game is to reward people who either aren't capable of doing it or are too lazy to put in the effort to be capable of doing it. The idea that someone in lfr is capable of getting the 385 shield off of Vectis just because lol dice rolling is stupid. All war/titanforging should be capable of doing is getting +5/+10 ilvls above the base of whatever level of content you're doing. Fuck, there's a guy in my guild who got a mythic 6 titanforged 395 cloak in the first week of m+ and he hasn't had to replace it in 3 months. That is asinine. When the raid group I lead downed M Mother for the first time I gave someone else my loot because it was a downgrade for me. That's fucked.

This isn't even a casual vs. hardcore thing for me, I don't consider myself hardcore. It's the design philosophy in and of itself that's scummy from Blizz. Let's give people gear that is a higher ilvl than they've earned to make them feel good. Let's give them that dopamine hit so they'll keep playing our game. This design philosophy has activision's fingerprints all over it. It's sad to see that AV has done this to Blizzard.
You're leading a mythic raid group but don't consider yourself hardcore? But at the same time say easy content is there for people who are lazy or incapable?

Uh, yeah, you're hardcore. Maybe not "I'm gonna pull this boss 480 times to beat him" hardcore, but you're hardcore. Don't kid yourself.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
You're leading a mythic raid group but don't consider yourself hardcore? But at the same time say easy content is there for people who are lazy or incapable?

Uh, yeah, you're hardcore. Maybe not "I'm gonna pull this boss 480 times to beat him" hardcore, but you're hardcore. Don't kid yourself.
lol i missed that bit

Yeah buddy you're definitely hardcore.

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't have a problem with titanforging stuff. Having an element of randomness to loot spices it up the right amount. I could see it being a problem if the bigger ticket items could titanforge though, like azerite gear or weapons. Getting a 395 weapon or a 395 azerite piece early on is much different imo than getting a cloak or most other pieces of gear.

I'm not really against them limiting the potential ilvl jump on titanforged pieces either. But it honestly doesn't even bother me and gemslots are super strong too and I think important to have.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Have they done anything in 8.1 to make the first boss of Hellfire Citadel easier to solo? It's ridiculous how the rest of the raid is super easy to do, yet the first one is near impossible unless you have a class with high mobility or ask a friend to take care of one of the cannon.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't have a problem with titanforging stuff. Having an element of randomness to loot spices it up the right amount. I could see it being a problem if the bigger ticket items could titanforge though, like azerite gear or weapons. Getting a 395 weapon or a 395 azerite piece early on is much different imo than getting a cloak or most other pieces of gear.

I'm not really against them limiting the potential ilvl jump on titanforged pieces either. But it honestly doesn't even bother me and gemslots are super strong too and I think important to have.
Honestly, it's just a piece of the puzzle, though. For me, anyway. A piece that is titanforged SHOULD be better than a piece that is not titanforged. Like Titanforged A should be better than Normal A. And it is. But then you might have Normal A, same item level as Normal B. And you get a Titanforged B. But A is still better even though it's some amount of ilvls lower, or it has a slot, because different secondary stats just usurp straight up primary stats (to a point).

Combine that with the Azerite trait bullshit, and it's just this pile of slop that has no logical pattern. What are ilvls for if they can actually be worse? Why even make this system visible? Why tie it to queueing for certain things? Why encourage the community to check for ilvl?

BROADLY it's true that higher ilvl is better, but when specific situations can crop up, it makes it feel stupid.

And then beyond that it's just... boring when you get a titanforged 395 or some bullshit and then never replace it for months because you got lucky. That initial hit is nice, but then you get another cloak, and another, and another, and another. I got four items of one slot from my mythic+ chest in a row. None of them compared to the item I'd gotten in a heroic.

I do have the unpopular opinion that the loot grind in WoW has ALWAYS been a pile of horseshit, though. Randomizing any form of serious progression is fucking stupid. [Don't] fight me.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Have they done anything in 8.1 to make the first boss of Hellfire Citadel easier to solo? It's ridiculous how the rest of the raid is super easy to do, yet the first one is near impossible unless you have a class with high mobility or ask a friend to take care of one of the cannon.
There's always been a foolproof easy way, if you don't mind time.

What you do is just kill every mob/vehicle you see as they spawn or come up. But do not bother getting the cannonball chests, just ignore/leave them.

Just keep killing all new spawns and eventually there *IS* a limit where it completely stops. I would estimate it's around like several minutes, maybe 7 to 10.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

I don't care about titanforging either. Much less stressful when you don't care about min/maxing gear

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There's always been a foolproof easy way, if you don't mind time.

What you do is just kill every mob/vehicle you see as they spawn or come up. But do not bother getting the cannonball chests, just ignore/leave them.

Just keep killing all new spawns and eventually there *IS* a limit where it completely stops. I would estimate it's around like several minutes, maybe 7 to 10.

Don't you need those cannonball so the cannons can actually destroy the gate or whatever needs to be destroyed?

The problem is that on Mythic(the difficulty I actually want to solo), I can't kill one group fast enough before the other one that spawned more or less at the same time destroy one of the cannon and stop the whole fight.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Don't you need those cannonball so the cannons can actually destroy the gate or whatever needs to be destroyed?

The problem is that on Mythic(the difficulty I actually want to solo), I can't kill one group fast enough before the other one that spawned more or less at the same time destroy one of the cannon and stop the whole fight.
The cannonballs won't despawn if you ignore them, but eventually the enemy waves will stop. If you ignore everything but the mobs, you can outlast the timer, and then just take care of the cannonballs after.

Intraxidance

Oct 25, 2017
Just stop logging in, it feels good guys. I promise.

Nah, I wouldn't go that far. It doesn't feel good, it's disappointing. I've stopped logging in and cancelled my sub for the moment. 8.1 just doesn't have the content or fix core issues I have with the game, except for the fact I would like to experience the new raid. The idea that the current state of WoW + a new raid in three weeks will probably be everything we get until what...June? July? was completely demoralizing.

The extent of my gameplay recently has been just logging to collect rare mounts, and I didn't see the point of it anymore if I don't even know how much I will be playing the game ever again.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

the cannonballs stay on the ground, so after you keep killing mobs and they stop respawning, then you pick them up at the end

but if you can't even kill the enemy mobs while only focusing on them, that's a problem

r u 120??

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
the cannonballs stay on the ground, so after you keep killing mobs and they stop respawning, then you pick them up at the end

but if you can't even kill the enemy mobs while only focusing on them, that's a problem

r u 120??

I'm a Fury Warrior at 370 ilvl.

The problem is that there is too much of a distance between both cannons and where the enemies spawns. By the time I killed one group(even if it take a few seconds), while i slowly walk to the other group attacking a cannon, it already lost over 40% of its health, so after the 2nd or 3rd wave, the cannon is already destroyed and I die.

This is on Mythic mind you, it might be perfectly soloable on Normal or Heroic.

Edit : Yeah, not really. While I can last longer on Normal, I still can't handle every mobs before they destroy one of the cannon.
I think I'll just ask my girlfriend to help me with that boss like last time. Too much of a pain in the ass to solo.

Last edited:

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
That is fantastic. I've wanted an updated version of it for years now.

Hell I've wanted them to put back in the Siege of Undercity, it never made sense they removed it.
Cataclysm redoing the whole EK map probably made them think it wasn't worth the effort to retool it for the marginally updated Undercity?

It is dumb though, Siege of UC is pretty important.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm a Fury Warrior at 370 ilvl.

The problem is that there is too much of a distance between both cannons and where the enemies spawns. By the time I killed one group(even if it take a few seconds), while i slowly walk to the other group attacking a cannon, it already lost over 40% of its health, so after the 2nd or 3rd wave, the cannon is already destroyed and I die.

This is on Mythic mind you, it might be perfectly soloable on Normal or Heroic.

Edit : Yeah, not really. While I can last longer on Normal, I still can't handle every mobs before they destroy one of the cannon.
I think I'll just ask my girlfriend to help me with that boss like last time. Too much of a pain in the ass to solo.
Are you utilizing Heroic Leap and Charge for travel time??

Tonight if I have time, I'll try it on my 345 Arms Warrior. To be fair, I haven't tried it on Mythic in a while. I've been doing it on Normal and Heroic with my 360 Frost DK.

But I'll try my Arms Warrior and let you know.

Nov 1, 2017
Isn't that the class trial now?

This was the original that happened after the Wrath Gate occurred. Both Horde and Alliance went there, it ended with Jaina porting out Varian and co when they were about to start shit with the Horde side. She'd regret that later.

Weird, I played wrath and never did that content.

It didn't last long and then they removed it. Why? BECAUSE. No, seriously, that's kinda the reason. It wasn't considered modern content anymore and that was that.

Last edited:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I tried playing my priest as shadow for the first time since 8.1 launched. I'm 116. I feel so horrendously weak it's unreal. Packs of 3 or more mobs sometimes killed me a couple of times out in the world. Forget actual world PvP -- practically anyone killed me and I didn't have a chance. My output feels super weak, too. Disappointing. I didn't encounter this level of power nerfing when I leveled my boomkin, havoc DH or frost mage.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I tried playing my priest as shadow for the first time since 8.1 launched. I'm 116. I feel so horrendously weak it's unreal. Packs of 3 or more mobs sometimes killed me a couple of times out in the world. Forget actual world PvP -- practically anyone killed me and I didn't have a chance. My output feels super weak, too. Disappointing. I didn't encounter this level of power nerfing when I leveled my boomkin, havoc DH or frost mage.

Welcome to modern spriest, lol.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
This was the original that happened after the Wrath Gate occurred. Both Horde and Alliance went there, it ended with Jaina porting out Varian and co when they were about to start shit with the Horde side. She'd regret that later.

It didn't last long and then they removed it. Why? BECAUSE. No, seriously, that's kinda the reason. It wasn't considered modern content anymore and that was that.

Huh? You make no sense. There is a lot of content that is not considered modern that has stayed within the game. I believe it was removed do to lore/story changes in the game, nothing else. Unless that is what you meant when you said it wasn't modern, as in not modern to/with current story/lore.

Oct 28, 2017

It was probably removed because the quest line partly took place in old Orgrimmar, in an area that no longer exists. It also involved talking to Thrall as Warchief, but they don't seem to care about bringing back Warchiefs for old quests anymore.

Unknown837

Oct 26, 2017

I boosted my Rogue and 110-120 was still awful where I would die if I ever pulled more than one mob. Wasn't better until I hit a higher ilvl at 120 where I could fight more mobs at once.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I played wrath and never did that content.
I think it was the last quest in dragonblight wrathgate chain.
Huh? You make no sense. There is a lot of content that is not considered modern that has stayed within the game. I believe it was removed do to lore/story changes in the game, nothing else. Unless that is what you meant when you said it wasn't modern, as in not modern to/with current story/lore.
Are you talking about the lore change where Sylvanas apparently ordered this?

Oct 25, 2017
The reason people turned it off is still there. Its miserable.

Cool I get more azerite while the knowledge isnt going up so it literally doesnt matter.

Well, at least personally I have found warmode quite enjoyable and the warmode bonus is icing on top. But, at lower levels it's enough to suffer through the occasional ganks by higher level players. Just a matter of personal opinion I guess. I like getting extra AP/gold, but I also like world pvp at times. When I am feeling lazy and just wanna do the quests, I keep it off. Maybe even I wouldn't like it if the rewards were so good that I felt like I had to have it on.

The most fun I have had in warmode has been during incursions. Usually a lot of horde to gank and alliance to back up.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Happy new year my nerds. Hopefully 2019 is a better year for WoW and Blizzard games in general than 2018 was.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I boosted my Rogue and 110-120 was still awful where I would die if I ever pulled more than one mob. Wasn't better until I hit a higher ilvl at 120 where I could fight more mobs at once.
I'm not trying to be antagonistic in this thread, but this is hyperbole/exaggeration

I just took my 115 Outlaw Rouge and killed two regular mobs at once (not elites obviously)

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Didn't know you could get moonglaives from the Darkshore Warfront. Gotta say, it looks pretty nice. Too bad it's a warglaive, so only DHs can use it.

IeyiTWa.jpg

Mamont1537

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Anyone playing as Holy Paladin here? What weapon are you using?
I still have that 340 Analysis Baton from like first week of LFR. I don't have much free time, so I can't get better ilvl version of that weapon from normal raids.
But are there any other endgame weapons at all? I see different dps ones, but not for healing. It feels like they removed artifact weapons, but forgot to add regular ones.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
That Putress armor, I remember when they announced that stuff. Never got it on my Warlock because I feel it doesnt fit on an Orc.

Need to roll a undead for that.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

I'm leveling all my tanks first. It makes it much easier. Got DH, Pally, Druid, DK, also Hunter and Mage to 120. Working on Warrior and Monk right now. Will have 6 120 tanks lol.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Question: Is there any reason to even touch Warmode until I reach max level? Seems like a waste of time when the PvP experience I've had so far is getting 1-shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.