• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
They announced today on the art stream that Kul'tirans and Zandalari will come to live servers around March 12th.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 8.2 on the PTR shortly after.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
what's supposed to be in 8.2??

I don't follow any of the previews anymore

-New Raid: Azshara's Eternal Palace
-New Zone: Nazjatar
-New Dungeon: Mechagon (10-boss dungeon similar to Return to Karazhan)
-Continuation of the War Campaign
-Heritage armor for Gnomes and Tauren
-Heroic Warfronts
-And More! :P

In 8.2.5, we get the new Worgen and Goblin models (the Female Worgen has me very curious).

8.3 is still a mystery (which is weird. By now we knew what 7.3 was during Legion).

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
-Heroic Warfronts

In 8.2.5, we get the new Worgen and Goblin models (the Female Worgen has me very curious).

8.3 is still a mystery (which is weird. By now we knew what 7.3 was during Legion).
kool, thx for the bullet-point breakdown buddie!

didn't know Azshara raid was 8.2, that's the first BFA raid I'll be interested in seeing

wats Nazjatar suppose to be?

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
kool, thx for the bullet-point breakdown buddie!

didn't know Azshara raid was 8.2, that's the first BFA raid I'll be interested in seeing

wats Nazjatar suppose to be?

Nazjatar is the sunken ruins of Zin-Azshari, the former capital of the Night Elves before the Sundering. It's also where the Well of Eternity used to be (now the Maelstrom). Players could go to it in one of the Cataclysm 4.3 dungeons.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
-Heroic Warfronts

Yeah, it's a little odd that we don't have even a hint as to what 8.3 is going to be but at the same time they're probably holding any announcements close to the chest because of how everything's been received thus far.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Naz will probably be like Argus. A new continent where you can't fly, but that will probably be the time they bring flying into BFA.

I'm expecting them to more closely follow Legion's cycle here and have Naz'jatar be a slightly more ambitious version of Broken Shore. I'm expecting 8.3 to be the big mini expansion like Argus was in terms of new content. But who knows what it'll be. Is there good speculation out there?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting them to more closely follow Legion's cycle here and have Naz'jatar be a slightly more ambitious version of Broken Shore. I'm expecting 8.3 to be the big mini expansion like Argus was in terms of new content. But who knows what it'll be. Is there good speculation out there?

8.2 seems to be more akin to the Argus patch than Broken Shore, imo. But we'll see.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet baby jesus in Christ we forgive our sins. Why the delay this time?

Blame the Kul'Tirans. Blizzard didn't think they were going to be able to do them, but went ahead with it. Because the Kul'Tirans are completely unique in terms of animation/rigging, they took longer to make than all the allied races combined.

It was then decided that the Zandalari were going to launch with the KulTirans and the Mag'har Orcs took their place.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Interesting.

Hello Classic enthusiasts! We've been following the discussions about Classic closely here on the forums (and elsewhere) throughout the winter, and wanted to give you an update on a few things that the Classic development team has worked through since BlizzCon and the Classic demo.

The feedback we got from the demo was fantastic. Thank you to everyone who gave us so much feedback to work with, especially the community members who compiled lists of issues that people found with the demo. We've looked at everything that was reported, and want to share a few anecdotes with you so you can see how we're tackling these issues.

One thing many players noticed was the incorrect health regeneration and the spell critical hit multiplier. Good catch! Going into the demo, we thought we'd fixed that and were surprised to see the issue crop up. Before BlizzCon, we specifically checked health and mana regeneration, and fixed the critical hit cases. We also did combat and regeneration tests to make sure we had those accurate.

It turns out that there was a discrepancy between how Classic was configured on our environment at the office (correct!) and the environment serving the demo to you (not correct…). Tracking that down taught us how to best check our environment configuration as we prepare it for launch.

Another issue players reported was that Warlock demon summoning was broken – lots of players said that you shouldn't lose your current demon until the new one appears. We double-checked and in the original 1.12 WoW, and there, as soon as you started summoning a new demon, your existing demon disappeared. So the demo actually matched how the game played originally. There were a few other reports – such as "rare mobs do way less damage" and "Kobolds at Jangolode Mine run faster than walking speed when running away" – where we were able to confirm that the gameplay was the same in the demo as in the original 1.12 WoW.

It's important to point out that there are some bugs we're going to fix before launch, and there are some bugs that we don't intend to address. As we mentioned in our BlizzCon presentation, some differences aren't worth fixing, like differences in how the mail works. Nonetheless, we've fixed some fairly high-priority issues:

• Critical Strike rating: Each item now "Improves your chance to get a critical strike by X%."
  • Rogue Energy didn't work right: it was both benefiting from melee haste and re-calculating more often than it was supposed to. Both issues were fixed.
  • Slow Fall no longer applies to your jumps.
  • You again get pushback when hit by ranged attacks and wands.
  • Dodge, Parry, and Miss were all not happening often enough.

That's not all we've done, of course, but we want to give you an idea of what we're prioritizing: core game systems, combat, and content. We've spent time on other things such as user interface and making sure graphics "feel" like they used to, but our primary focus is on gameplay.

Again, we're following all of your discussions and loving your enthusiasm – and we're going to get more information for you posted here soon (not soon™).

Thank you, and get ready for a Classic Summer!

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO at people reporting bugs in WoW classic but they were just features of the game then

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
The CM response to the removal of old content portals in 8.1.5 is pretty laughable. They really don't get why people would be irritated by loss of convenience for content that really isn't relevant except for transmog farming and holiday quests.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
LMAO at people reporting bugs in WoW classic but they were just features of the game then

If you like Schadenfreude, check out how hard some of the folks that have been playing on Private Servers for .... 8 or so years are handling being bitch slapped by Blizzard about whats accurate and whats not.

Hint: They aren't taking it well.

They first claimed Blizzard was wrong, then the community as a whole dug up old famous WoW videos from vanilla and proved Blizzard is right about the Warlock pet thing. But of course these guys can't just admit they were wrong right? So they kinda just lash out and call those of us seeing reason as being "Blizzard shills" and "Corporate whores" while melting down amidst being mocked.

I can't wait for classic, but stuff like this makes the wait tolerable 😂

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
If you like Schadenfreude, check out how hard some of the folks that have been playing on Private Servers for .... 8 or so years are handling being bitch slapped by Blizzard about whats accurate and whats not.

Hint: They aren't taking it well.

They first claimed Blizzard was wrong, then the community as a whole dug up old famous WoW videos from vanilla and proved Blizzard is right about the Warlock pet thing. But of course these guys can't just admit they were wrong right? So they kinda just lash out and call those of us seeing reason as being "Blizzard shills" and "Corporate whores" while melting down amidst being mocked.

I can't wait for classic, but stuff like this makes the wait tolerable 😂
Gamers love to whine

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The CM response to the removal of old content portals in 8.1.5 is pretty laughable. They really don't get why people would be irritated by loss of convenience for content that really isn't relevant except for transmog farming and holiday quests.
what content portals does this refer to?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
what content portals does this refer to?
They're adding new portal hubs to each faction's main city, but in doing so they're slimming down the number of actual portal destinations that are available, and a lot of old portal hubs are being gutted down to just a portal to Storm/Org

Last edited:

Nista

Oct 26, 2017
IMO, good. The game has too much trivial teleportation as it is.

If you don't want portals, go back and play classic. 😛 It makes no sense to take away stuff like Dalaran Crater, Wyrmrest Temple or Caverns of Time teleports from players at this point. It's not current content, so it only hurts casual people who might actually want to take the time to see content they may have not been around for. Or really dedicated mount farmers.

The weirdly phrased rhetorical questions in the blue response comes off as tone deaf as hell, though.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe in the early days I would agree portal rooms are too easy, but we're now 7 expansions down with 8 continents of stuff.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Taking more of my alts up to 120. Falling back in love with BFA all over again and its art/music/world. People are so fucking angry but the game's still workin for me.

Shadow priest feels pretty good now...?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I swear I've solved the same problem multiple times and somehow, it just doesn't stick forever, even though the files are still in my Sound folder...

I'm trying to mute a couple of sound effects that irritate me. The fire crackling of the Al'ar mount and the sparkly bullshit noise that happens whenever you PW:S/Body+Soul someone as a priest. I followed all the guides and renamed blank files as follows in my sound folder and it worked, years ago, and now, it just doesn't work and the sounds are back on again. Did the client change? Or perhaps the names of the spells/sound files?

Spells > Spell_PR_BodyAndSoul_State_Loop.ogg
Creature > Phoenix > PhoenixLoop.ogg

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Are we doing a separate Classic OT when that hits or are we using this?

God, I hope so. I don't think I can handle any more of the "Classic is SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE SHIT YOU -CASUALS- PLAY rhetoric" in my life. And since Blizzard is treating it as a separate product (that will be fundamentally different than what is happening on live/BFA servers) it just makes sense.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
God, I hope so. I don't think I can handle any more of the "Classic is SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE SHIT YOU -CASUALS- PLAY rhetoric" in my life. And since Blizzard is treating it as a separate product (that will be fundamentally different than what is happening on live/BFA servers) it just makes sense.

That will happen regardless, believe it.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I also think that anyone (from either "side" if you will) who goes into the other topics to shit on those players should be moderated appropriately.
I doubt that will be the case, unless it's direct individual personal insults & slurs

But if it's just people saying, "Vanilla sucks and is outdated", I don't see why that would be bannable

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably give classic a shot based on who from my friends and guild give it a run.

But if it's just people saying, "Vanilla sucks and is outdated", I don't see why that would be bannable

I think if the criticism is constructive and more elaborate than "vanilla sucks," that's okay. Could be a problem if there are a ton of people just slamming the game they aren't interested in engaging in real conversation about though.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I doubt that will be the case, unless it's direct individual personal insults & slurs

I'm referring directly to personal insults. However, "Vanilla sucks and is outdated" in a thread ABOUT VANILLA is imo drive-by shit posting and should be treated accordingly.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Oh cool the Zandalari trolls are coming out oh wait I did all the BFA zones as alliance before I race changed back to horde and have none of the quest achievements because they didn't change over. No thanks Blizzard.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Been out of the BfA loop for awhile so apologies on being late on this, but it looks like the Kul Tiran race won't have the option to change their body type? Is this something they're looking at changing in the future?

Ran Echelon

Oct 30, 2017
I haven't played wow in years but I'm thinking about getting back into it for classic. Currently I don't have anything to play it on but I'm going to get a laptop.
As wow will probably be the most intensive game I play on it I don't need anything particularly powerful and in fact I'd prefer something that runs cool and quiet.
Could anyone recommend something?

Status
Not open for further replies.