• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best addon solution for quick group finding these days?
I'm still using the built in group finder in WQL (World Quests List) which involves using the five-digit quest ID. Cumbersome to type out each time, though.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't played wow in years but I'm thinking about getting back into it for classic. Currently I don't have anything to play it on but I'm going to get a laptop.
As wow will probably be the most intensive game I play on it I don't need anything particularly powerful and in fact I'd prefer something that runs cool and quiet.
Could anyone recommend something?

Current wow runs great on my Surface 5 and great on my Surface 4 with the onboard GPU. I do use external monitor and keyboard/mouse because it's too small for me to play directly on it, but i'm also old :D

What's the best addon solution for quick group finding these days?
I'm still using the built in group finder in WQL (World Quests List) which involves using the five-digit quest ID. Cumbersome to type out each time, though.

For 5 man or raid level WQ content, Blizz put in an auto search for groups button next to the WQ in your side list which works great. For solo stuff I don't bother anymore.

Last edited:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Capped my paladin just now. I've never had five toons at max level this soon after an expansion launch. Something's still workin for me in this game. :D

Main: Boomkin (semi comfortable healing/tanking)
Alts:
- Mage (frost)
- Paladin (Ret, semi-comfortable tanking)
- Priest (shadow/holy)
- Demon Hunter (havoc)

I'm happy. What should I do next, though? Rogue and hunter are the most foreign to me, so I feel like I should do those for a change. But I think it might be time to finally hit up the horde side and get my 112 Tauren Warrior up to max and see new things.

For 5 man or raid level WQ content, Blizz put in an auto search for groups button next to the WQ in your side list which works great. For solo stuff I don't bother anymore.

Word. For kill and activate quests (i.e. bandage 12 troops) it's just so much faster. Ok, so if WQL is still the best option, I'll keep using it.
And yeah, I noticed that there's a WQGF functionality built right in for 5man+ WQs. Cool. Thanks!

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
There's so much armor you can barely see the wolf :P

BL02.jpg

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Those classic era changes are great. It looks like it's ACTUALLY going to be a great product at this point.

Oct 25, 2017
I am thinking of making a KT. Originally, I thought it should be a hunter. But now that I think back, a hunter was fairly boring to level up.

Now I am thinking maybe a warrior. I haven't tried tanking as warrior yet.

I actually wish it could be Paladin for once. I think Paladin KT would be dope.

I guess a monk, assuming they can be, is a possibility.

I think I will go with a warrior.

edit:
But now I think I will go with a hunter.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Those classic era changes are great. It looks like it's ACTUALLY going to be a great product at this point.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1105151-classic-content-plan/

It's so exhausting to read this, though. Like, wow. I mean, cheers to them for trying to be so accurate to the original, even as to capture the feeling of progression through the raid and dungeon tiers. Kudos.

I still can't fathom that it's going to have an audience large enough to warrant the development resources, though. I know this is a different team and therefore isn't taking away from dev time focused on WoW, but it seems like such a niche product to me, even as a longtime WoW devotee.

I'm prepared to be proven wrong.

My eyes are firmly fixed on the present and future of WoW. That's what's exciting to me, personally.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND

It's so exhausting to read this, though. Like, wow. I mean, cheers to them for trying to be so accurate to the original, even as to capture the feeling of progression through the raid and dungeon tiers. Kudos.

I still can't fathom that it's going to have an audience large enough to warrant the development resources, though. I know this is a different team and therefore isn't taking away from dev time focused on WoW, but it seems like such a niche product to me, even as a longtime WoW devotee.

My eyes are firmly fixed on the present and future of WoW. That's what's exciting to me, personally.
What I don't understand is end purpose of classic? I mean it will likely be fun to properly progress through classic content from start to finish again, but after that it's over? I mean you can't really add *new* content because then it's not classic any more. I mean if that's all its purpose is, is to be content from start to finish that's cool and all but I feel like a lot of people may not simply want that? Always got the impression of people wanting that nostalgia feeling to last forever.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

Exactly the same. And at some point this content will be exhausted. I know they could potentially move on to BC and then Wrath but doesn't that like.... invalidate the point of Classic?

I'm not even trying to be a dick either. I just don't see the appeal at eventually reaching the effective end of Classic with no more gearing or anything to look forward to on the horizon (e.g. an expansion). Like, it just doesn't seem fun to me.

In before someone comes in screaming ITS NOT SO HARD TO FATHOM THAT PEOPLE WANT THIS or ITS NOT FOR YOU SO DONT WORRY ABOUT IT. I'm legit curious about what this will present to people who are playing Classic.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Race changes are 30% off ($17.50 vs $25), so i guess that's nice for all the Zando and KT swaps about to take place.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Exactly the same. And at some point this content will be exhausted. I know they could potentially move on to BC and then Wrath but doesn't that like.... invalidate the point of Classic?

I'm not even trying to be a dick either. I just don't see the appeal at eventually reaching the effective end of Classic with no more gearing or anything to look forward to on the horizon (e.g. an expansion). Like, it just doesn't seem fun to me.

In before someone comes in screaming ITS NOT SO HARD TO FATHOM THAT PEOPLE WANT THIS or ITS NOT FOR YOU SO DONT WORRY ABOUT IT. I'm legit curious about what this will present to people who are playing Classic.
I imagine that at some point "Classic" is going to become a few things.

Eventually they will exhaust all the Vanilla content, and anyone who starts late is going to miss out on the original patch progression. Probably around the time that happens, the existing Vanilla instances will be updated to BC, with characters able to transfer to a static Vanilla realm where they can just be 60 forever. At the same time, there's probably going to be a new set of Vanilla realms starting up, and the cycle continues ad infinitum.

But, who really knows. It could end up being that they do nothing and people are actually happy with that.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017

I dont think those answers you get are unfair. People have been playing classic for like 8+ years and have already answered that question, but it still keeps getting asked. We just enjoy playing it. Believe me, I don't personally have any love for retail at all. But its a little silly for me to constantly constantly constantly "OMG I just don't get it I just dont, how can you, I just dont understand...." that gets a little old so yeah "Live just isn't for me so I don't worry about it". At some point its like, different people like different things and lets leave it at that.

The "end" of classic material has been reached several times on private servers too. People literally reroll and continue playing.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I dont think those answers you get are unfair. People have been playing classic for like 8+ years and have already answered that question, but it still keeps getting asked. We just enjoy playing it. Believe me, I don't personally have any love for retail at all. But its a little silly for me to constantly constantly constantly "OMG I just don't get it I just dont, how can you, I just dont understand...." that gets a little old so yeah "Live just isn't for me so I don't worry about it". At some point its like, different people like different things and lets leave it at that.

The "end" of classic material has been reached several times on private servers too. People literally reroll and continue playing.

Well I apologize for the bother but when people constantly shout to high heaven about any potential questions others may have it's the slightest bit off-putting.

I'm not asking to be a dick as referenced above. I'm asking because of an actual desire to learn.

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever the cost of reforging a piece of Azerite armor will be higher than 1,000 gold, there is now an additional confirmation step.

Oh cool they know its incredibly bad design but wont actually just remove it!

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Race changes are 30% off ($17.50 vs $25), so i guess that's nice for all the Zando and KT swaps about to take place.

Saw that. Smiled. Will save me some dinero on a change or two I was thinking about.

Then I read the FB comments on that news story. Damn. Straight ether. People fucking hate Blizzard on Facebook lol

Oct 25, 2017
just fucking cap it at 1000. even 10000. cap it. people arent getting it that high ON ACCIDENT

Didnt they solve this like 10 years ago when they added duel talents? Man, Artifact swapping was bad Im sure they will never make that mistake again.

WOOPS IT WORSE NOW. This entire expansion is fixing something like Artifacts being spread across 3 different things and the Neck being just the one thing but then they introduce THIS which was never an issue and its way worse. ??????????

Last edited:

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Well, I know what I'm doing in Classic.

The Warlock Mount Quest, never managed to do it live before they removed it.

Well, this time I will do it. No matter how long it takes.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
reckon I can finish the 8.1 war campaign stuff today to be ready for KT tomorow? I havent played since... well since before 8.1 I guess. I finished the vanilla war campaign.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Can't help but be pumped for a new patch today. I know I want a Kul'Tiran and a ZTroll (despite not even having a max level horde yet lol) but have no idea what I'll do in terms of classes.

I have two 110 boosts banked though! Reckon I'll use those, but no idea on classes.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Wonder if they will put in the hunter bow quest. One of the longest and toughest things I've done in WoW. Made worse by griefers too. It did help me master the class though, especially kiting.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if they will put in the hunter bow quest. One of the longest and toughest things I've done in WoW. Made worse by griefers too. It did help me master the class though, especially kiting.

It will be in, as will the Anathema staff quest for priests.

Can't help but be pumped for a new patch today. I know I want a Kul'Tiran and a ZTroll (despite not even having a max level horde yet lol) but have no idea what I'll do in terms of classes.

I have two 110 boosts banked though! Reckon I'll use those, but no idea on classes.

Paladin/Druid/Shaman are my go-to choices for Zando. Going to level a paladin on my main server, may level a druid/shaman on a friends server, and race change the third while they are on sale.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
It will be in, as will the Anathema staff quest for priests.

Paladin/Druid/Shaman are my go-to choices for Zando. Going to level a paladin on my main server, may level a druid/shaman on a friends server, and race change the third while they are on sale.

All of the exciting custom shit that's available for those classes for the zandalari trolls makes them obvious choices for me too. I love the idea that they have a special paladin Mount, and special Druid forms, etc.

I'm torn, because my main Alliance side is a night elf druid, and I can't fathom having another Alliance Druid with a Kultiran even though the bone speaker animal forms are so fucking cool. But I can fathom having a zandalari druid for those forms since it's horde. But a zandalari paladin sounds so cool too! CHOICES

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Zando druid forms are real cool, and definitely the best option among horde races, but I still think KT is better. The feral form especially has me super jealous.
I'm also never not going to want a feral raptor form.

I like shaman just due to them looking good in mail, availability of trollish mail gear, and the casting animations being nice in case you like ele/resto.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'll start a Zando Pally today. I want to heal but haven't healed seriously since Cata and will stick to mostly heroics but I'm so afraid of trash pugs even in the leveling experience. Hmm.

Plus, I'll level with AAP which means I won't do dungeons until max level, whoops.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Tyrande Night Warrior bullshit was...ok? bit edgy for my taste.

The stuff with the temple of atal is better tho, mainly because it involves Shaw and especially Flynn. Still, nothing amazing, its cute that they keep trying to make these "single player rpg quests in a mmo" but in the end they still feel sorta janky because this isnt a single player rpg. It also feels way too little / far in between patches, I mean, its cool that I hadnt played in months so I come abck and ive been doing all this for a few hours now, but having each piecemeal weeks apart, yeah that wont hold anyone into a sub.

Oh well, I wanted to unlock KTs anyway if only for future proofing, as I'll most likely play a druid again next expansion so I wont say this sub is waste money, but there was a time (many moons ago) where I could easily resub and fuck around solo and have fun, which doesnt seem the case now tbh, none of my peeps that I was raiding with are back so I guess Ill fuck around with my KT tomorow and see if I cba leveling it (last time I tried with my dark iron shaman I only got to about 61, northrend killed me).

Oh and yay for finally having a Lightforged Draenei NPC in this fucking storyline, they remembered they exist huh?

edit: welp got Tides of Vengeance achievement and im exalted with the thicc squad so I guess I'm ready for tomorow.

Last edited:

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017

There are still people that play 15 year old fighting games and hate the new shit. They will never play the new games that are coming out because what they were playing, in their minds, is the best it can be. This is the same thing here. WoW then and now are not remotely the same and I hope that classic existing will stop people like Ion from trying to recapture the vanilla feeling by the stupid shit they keep doing.

There are people that want to go back and play the game they played back in 2004-2006. They might not stick around forever but Blizzard is obviously looking to solve the "Vanilla was better" problem and to add a revenue stream. I know quite a few people that will resub for a few months just to check classic back out. And I'm positive that Blizzard has the information that shows how many people Classic will bring back, otherwise they wouldn't be doing this. Blizzard is data driven as fuck. Which is a good thing and a bad thing. It's a good thing because they can make good long term decisions (for the most part). The bad thing comes when they let the data rule things like design changes, ability pruning, etc. "The data says..." isn't an excuse for introducing things into the game that are stupid, which they keep doing. Blizzard doesn't seem to also realize that a chunk of their player base is compulsive (MMO players in general are) and will do shit they don't want to do in order to get something they want. Blizzard has fucked this up this expansion by making the carrot at the end of the stick an RNG box.

Anyway, back on point. I also think they're doing this because they see money left on the table. You know they know about all the private servers out there and they want to protect their IP and make more money if they can. Can't fault them for that.

In other news, I'm unsubbed and don't plan on coming back probably till 8.2 or the next xpac. This expansion is like they said "most everything in Legion worked great, so let's fuck it up and make it all worse!" I can't get excited about logging in to do chores because Blizzard likes to gate the fuck out of everything, and the things you have to do are not interesting. I'm fine with grinding things out if the content I'm doing is fun but outside of leveling, nothing has been fun in this expansion but war mode.

Last edited:

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'll just sit here and eat my Chick-Fil-A and wish I was at home playing the patch that will probably not add anything worthwhile for me aside from Allied Races but I'm still mad about not being at home for.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
And Hati is mine again <3

Using your pet as a mount is great.

Last edited:

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
I've been unsubcribed since the end of December and still have no desire to get back but I will resub for 8.2... and I want a Zandalari and I have no desire for their heritage armor so I wanted to take advantage of the sale and buy a race change now and use it when I have subbed again but it seems like I need an active sub to buy that. Have I missed something or how can I buy it now? I have balance on battle.net.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I've been unsubcribed since the end of December and still have no desire to get back but I will resub for 8.2... and I want a Zandalari and I have no desire for their heritage armor so I wanted to take advantage of the sale and buy a race change now and use it when I have subbed again but it seems like I need an active sub to buy that. Have I missed something or how can I buy it now? I have balance on battle.net.

I mean, you need to do the quest first to unlock them (like the previous allied races) and you need to be subbed to do that.

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, you need to do the quest first to unlock them (like the previous allied races) and you need to be subbed to do that.

Sure, I get that but you could buy a level boost and it will be there waiting for you. I even had one from the RaF program that I waited years to use. So I want to buy a "pending" race change now and then use it when I've unlocked Zandalari (and I have a boost waiting for my Kul Tiran druid as well). Is that not possible?

Deleted member 2761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I fondly remember trying to group together in Ironforge for 2 hours and clearing that place in 3 hours for the DM West run. It's gonna be great.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Sure, I get that but you could buy a level boost and it will be there waiting for you. I even had one from the RaF program that I waited years to use. So I want to buy a "pending" race change now and then use it when I've unlocked Zandalari (and I have a boost waiting for my Kul Tiran druid as well). Is that not possible?

I think you need to specify the race change you want, tis all one process. Not sure tho, I only did it once for worgen ages ago.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I think you need to specify the race change you want, tis all one process. Not sure tho, I only did it once for worgen ages ago.

No, he's right. You buy the race change and then you just have a race change button next to the character you bought it for, but at that point it is not locked into any specific race. You could theoretically buy it now and use it to change to a race that hasn't even been announced yet and launches in 5 years.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
No, he's right. You buy the race change and then you just have a race change button next to the character you bought it for, but at that point it is not locked into any specific race. You could theoretically buy it now and use it to change to a race that hasn't even been announced yet and launches in 5 years.

well there you go then.

Status
Not open for further replies.