• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Race changed my Druid to Zandalari, which is nice.

Looks like they're similar to Nightborne and have some Zuldazar quests done? Not sure since my Druid is only level 100, but they have the Queen Talanji phase of Dazar'alor.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
So do Horde have to defeat Jaina to unlock the next step of the war campaign? Because I don't have to on my Alliance character. That would be annoying.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
And yet I cannot receive the next quest in it with that being the only remaining one.
I'm in the same boat, not sure what's up with it. The only War Campaign associated quest I haven't done is the Raid quest for Jaina, and I haven't been able to get the 8.1.5 War Campaign quests, assuming they're available now.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've already unlocked the Zandalari. The new NPC that gives the quest actually spawns in for me but just doesn't have the quest.

Checked Reddit and the WoW forum and I'm not alone but there's no consistent reason as to why it's not popping up other than players picking Saurfang but there's not enough responses to really nail that as the reason.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I've already unlocked the Zandalari. The new NPC that gives the quest actually spawns in for me but just doesn't have the quest.

Checked Reddit and the WoW forum and I'm not alone but there's no consistent reason as to why it's not popping up other than players picking Saurfang but there's not enough responses to really nail that as the reason.

Did you go to the Orgrimmar Embassy? The quest may be available there.

BolognaOni

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I wonder if that's intended or not. Does seem a little strange that only horde we have to complete the raid. Did a Jaina LFR last week since I assumed it was required for Zandalari unlock, and the next quests showed up for me now.

Hopefully the lag situation is better now. Had to call our raid last night on Conclave thanks to it. Been a while since it's been that bad!

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I wonder if that's intended or not. Does seem a little strange that only horde we have to complete the raid. Did a Jaina LFR last week since I assumed it was required for Zandalari unlock, and the next quests showed up for me now.

Hopefully the lag situation is better now. Had to call our raid last night on Conclave thanks to it. Been a while since it's been that bad!
I wondered that too but jaina isn't required. Zandalari quest is available the moment you finish all the requirements

The npc didn't spawn in immediately though. Took a few seconds

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Surprisingly there are actually at least a few level 120 things I want to do with this patch, but I will probably be mostly focused on zando leveling for the next few days.
I at least need to get Hati on my hunter. Class-specific quests are always cool, and I do like pet stuff.

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know where the Horde chain-quest for the Brawler's Guild begins? I seriously can't find it.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I added up all the rep I need and it's 35k if I get like 600 a day that's only 58 something days fuck me did they reduce the amount of world quests that spawn a day or what? I should have done this when I was looking for a job now I'm way too busy to spend 58 days doing dailies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
so dumb question but I havent played a druid in a while, is travel form speed the same as mount speed? I know flying is.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
y'all leveling Zandas have your full Zanda Troll dungeon party yet? Just got a full Kt one (druid tank, druid healer (me), shaman, boomkin and rogue), always neat.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Protip: if you still have old extra WoW accounts around without subs attached, you can upgrade them to BFA while it's on sale right now for cheap; gives all your accounts access to the 110 boost. Should be way cheaper than actually buying a boost!

e.g. right now, I have an extra account that's on Legion. Upgrading to BFA costs me $37.99 CDN during this sale. Much cheaper than $75.00 for a boost on its own!

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a sucker and changed my Paladin into a Zandalari Troll. I will miss Arcane Torrent but I will not miss having to actually play as a Blood Elf. Absolutely disgusting.

Still can't figure out why I can't continue the horde war campaign. Frustrating, I want that horse :(

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I finished the Tides of War achievement but I don't remember doing the quest with returning Derek. Where is that one?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
1 top 60 (well, 20 to 60 with allied races I guess) is still a breeze, if they would just make it so everything up to 110 (or previous xpac basically) was the same speed, leveling wouldnt make me want to kill myself everytime >_>

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
These arena videos of this Zandalari racial heal though
DG9kHsJ.png

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
ok I don't follow anything about Alliance, because I haven't played an Alliance character since TBC

but are all the playable Kul Tirans fat characters? not all the female Kul Tirans?

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
So yeah it appears you do need to defeat Jaina to progress the Horde war campaign in 8.1.5. Makes sense once you actually do it and see why but bit weird to require it on Horde but not Alliance. Oh well, done now.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
So yeah it appears you do need to defeat Jaina to progress the Horde war campaign in 8.1.5. Makes sense once you actually do it and see why but bit weird to require it on Horde but not Alliance. Oh well, done now.

That sucks. I beat her on my Alliance toon, wasn't planning on doing it on my Horde.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Does every world quest in Zulwhatever the z troll main zone reward rep with the Z trolls or only the ones that are faction branded for them?

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
So, I haven't played since WotLK dropped (holy crap, it's been more than a decade) but I'm itching to get back in.

Problem is I'd want to play on a laptop (travel a lot for work, real-life responsibilities make it tough to stay planted in front of a stationary screen/monitor for a long time). I know it's not the preferred way to play and that I'll be spending more as a result, but any good laptop recommendations?

Don't need to be playing it on ultra settings; just want a stable FPS and a solid machine.

Any advice? I'm a total computer/tech novice here.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Man Blizzard is just handing out rep like it's going out of style if you haven't done the trolls capital zone before I went from Friendly 4k to honored 5k and I still have 4 more quest lines to go wohoo! I'm turning in quests and getting 75-250 per quest I'm so happy I started alliance and faction changed back to the horde.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Anecdotes that prove expectations: I got a random leveling dungeon group yesterday that was 3 druids and 2 paladins, all Zandalari.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I'd be lying if I said that KTs going live didn't make me want to resub and race change everything I have to them.

I'm falling for their usual, predictable tricks, but damn if they don't know me.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm gonna be 100% honest with you here:

the best feature of 8.1.5 is that 8.2 has to come on to the PTR "soon" so we can get an idea of what the remainder of this expansion will look like. I have a feeling (scientific, I know) that this, 8.2 I mean, is the final make or break moment they're gonna get.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
using Azeroth Auto Pilot, the actual quest part does nothing for me because Ive done these so many fucking times, not only do I have my own optimal path but I dont need no way point telling me where to go. I do like the auto accept / auto fly to next point etc functions tho, so I'll keep it. One weird thing tho, why the fuck is it telling me to go to Loch Modan after WPL? That makes no sense, EPL is RIGHT THERE next to WPL wtf?

Anyway, I'm shockingly enjoying Boomkin. I really didnt like it last time I tried (years ago) to the point where I was going to go Feral to level this KT, but Feral really didnt do anything for me unfortunately, but Boomkin seems much better now. I like the proc based gameplay, Starsurge hits like a fucking truck, the tree ent cooldown is amazing and only 1min, and I took a peak ahead in the talents and noticed that laser from the sky is just a flat damage spell now, it doesnt drain your entire resource bar, and thats much better.

The plan is always to go resto but at least I'll actually enjoy a dps spec to do world quests and shit (well assuming I dont get bored out of my mind soon)

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I went from Friendly with the Z trolls all the way to almost Revered sitting at 8.2k honored and still have a fucking ton of these z troll quests left they never end!

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
using Azeroth Auto Pilot, the actual quest part does nothing for me because Ive done these so many fucking times, not only do I have my own optimal path but I dont need no way point telling me where to go. I do like the auto accept / auto fly to next point etc functions tho, so I'll keep it. One weird thing tho, why the fuck is it telling me to go to Loch Modan after WPL? That makes no sense, EPL is RIGHT THERE next to WPL wtf?

Anyway, I'm shockingly enjoying Boomkin. I really didnt like it last time I tried (years ago) to the point where I was going to go Feral to level this KT, but Feral really didnt do anything for me unfortunately, but Boomkin seems much better now. I like the proc based gameplay, Starsurge hits like a fucking truck, the tree ent cooldown is amazing and only 1min, and I took a peak ahead in the talents and noticed that laser from the sky is just a flat damage spell now, it doesnt drain your entire resource bar, and thats much better.

The plan is always to go resto but at least I'll actually enjoy a dps spec to do world quests and shit (well assuming I dont get bored out of my mind soon)

It tells you to go to places where there's the highest concentration of quests and the "speed of completion." You won't always do full zones and they're trying to get you through ASAP

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
wow that sucks

so if I'm not good enough to do the raid, I can't continue the story?

I thought Jaina was the end boss of the raid that just came out, so I assume she's super hard I heard

I mean you can do the raid on LFR which is like a 350 ilevel queue. You can get a big chunk of gear from Timewalking right now. It's just a pain in the ass to be forced to do it when you don't want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.