• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I mean you can do the raid on LFR which is like a 350 ilevel queue. You can get a big chunk of gear from Timewalking right now. It's just a pain in the ass to be forced to do it when you don't want to.
but I heard some of the LFR end bosses are still really hard for people who don't normally raid? which I assume is pretty much everyone in LFR

like in Uldum, I thought I heard the end boss (can't remember the name because I've never tried Uldum) was hard in LFR and took a lot of coordination?

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
but I heard some of the LFR end bosses are still really hard for people who don't normally raid? which I assume is pretty much everyone in LFR

like in Uldum, I thought I heard the end boss (can't remember the name because I've never tried Uldum) was hard in LFR and took a lot of coordination?

I did Jania the first hour it was up in LFR and we one shot it. Never tried it again. I have found reset day to be the best time for LFR.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anything we need to do to take advantage of multi-core performance for WoW? I believe it was enabled in either 8.1 or 8.1.5?

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Is there anything we need to do to take advantage of multi-core performance for WoW? I believe it was enabled in either 8.1 or 8.1.5?
in 8.1.5 two new things happened --

They enabled DX12 in Windows 7, which is the first game to ever do so.

They also wrote a new DX11 renderer to take advantage of multi-core systems. The old DX11 version was primarily written for old single-core CPUs.

So in the Advanced settings, you will see three choices now. The old one is labeled DX11 Legacy, for compatibility players as a backup.

Read the details directly from Blizzard:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/world-of-warcraft-8-1-5-graphics-api-details/121541

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Hit 349 after finishing the war story just gotta beat Jania in the raid and that's checked off now all I have left is finish the other two horde zones and hit exalted with the z trolls but hitting exalted should only take two or 3 weeks.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
FINALLY finished Kul'Tiras story. So
Taelia was a Fordragon? That's gonna suck when she finds out about her dad. She won't take it nearly as badly as Sylvanas did though

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
So the new Heart of Azeroth quest gives you +10 ilevels on your neck. I did it on my main, but can't be bothered to do it on my alts. Finished most of the 8.1.5 content already, including getting Bruce the Brawler mount. I'm bored again.

Unlocked KT and Zandalari but no way am I leveling again right now.

Oct 25, 2017
So the new Heart of Azeroth quest gives you +10 ilevels on your neck. I did it on my main, but can't be bothered to do it on my alts. Finished most of the 8.1.5 content already, including getting Bruce the Brawler mount. I'm bored again.

Unlocked KT and Zandalari but no way am I leveling again right now.

At least the neck piece upgrade takes about 5 minutes only.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
seeing as last time I tried to level a class, my dark iron shaman, I gave up around lvl 61, and now my KT druid is already 75, you really can't understate how important races are (I never liked dwarves and dark irons were not different enough for me to care, and I was only doing it because, well I unlocked them). Im actually surprised they dont push more allied races out tbh (zandas and KTs took way too long), its clearly a good way to "prey" on altaholics.

Anyway, I am also flabbergasted at how much I'm liking Boomkin, since it was always one of my least favorite dps specs, dunno why it clicked with me this time but it has. Starsurge is super bursty (in fact im using nature's balance now for more astral power for more star surges instead of the tree ents), spec has zero down times so you can just chain pull, you have self sustain, it's supertanky (and I dont mean bear form), and for the druid itself, instant flight form that can also pick up quest items is super duper broken lol. Oh and I really enjoy the spell effects too. Really enjoying it (I actually mained resto druid near the end of legion but that was a invasion leveling so I never actually leveled it "properly" like now, which I still feel is a imporant step in learning a class, but I digress.

I also deleted my dark iron shaman and made a male KT shaman, not sure if I'll level him straight after we'll see. Male KTs look amazing (even if my druid is female)

edit: completely forgot you can bypass Cataand go straight to Pandaria at 80 much like you can bypass Outlands, cool.

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Stayed up late trying to finish an LFR group for Rastakhan for this quest. Got to him, let the raid know I had to go repair really quick, teleported out and they started the encounter without me. Almost threw my computer out the window.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my Nightborne to 110 yesterday and then unlocked Zandalari this morning. What are we if not slaves to this torment?

May 9, 2018
I'm legit surprised that Blizzard still has kept the Allied Races tied to Exalted rep (even the Legion ones!). I was positive they'd relax on that months after launch.

I'd resubscribe to play with the Allied races if it didn't require grinding just to play the race I want.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
another character at 90, another reminder that I never got WoD flying...sigh.

Realistically, if I wanted to get that shit out of the way one of these days, how long would it take? For future characters of course, not for this one.

Last edited:

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Realistically, if I wanted to get that shit out of the way one of these days, how long would it take? For future characters of course, not for this one.
you can just wait until next expansion and WoD flying will be unlocked

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017

It should be pretty easy to knock all the rep stuff out when WoD timewalking comes around. I think that's the bulk of the time investment.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel for unlocking the Alliance allied races. I finished Lightforged Draenei and Void Elves yesterday and I'm a few days of dailies away from unlocking Dark Iron Dwarves. Unfortunately I still have all of Revered to work through with Proudmoore Admiralty to unlock the Kul Tirans :/

I'm legit surprised that Blizzard still has kept the Allied Races tied to Exalted rep (even the Legion ones!). I was positive they'd relax on that months after launch.

I'd resubscribe to play with the Allied races if it didn't require grinding just to play the race I want.

I really wish Blizzard would reduce to the rep requirements for the Allied races that are just re-skins of existing races. By all means keep the requirements high for Kul Tirans and Zandalari since they have entirely unique models and animations, but going through such a mindless grind just to unlock re-skinned dwarves, elves, orcs, and Tauren is a bit much for what you get.

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017
I'm unsubbed atm and have been for a while but I'll resub for 8.2 (I hope) so is there (some kind of) a consensus of classes that you really should race change to a Zandalari or Kul Tiran?
I've already bought a race change for my vanilla tauren druid (to Zandalari) that I'll activate when I resub (probably next patch).
Other than that I'm gonna use a boost on an alliance KT druid as soon as I unlock them.
I still have battle.net balance for one race change (wanna buy it while it's on sale) and I got all classes at at least 110 (troll shaman, pala tauren, monk pandaren, rogue goblin, orc hunter, undead mage, orc DK, nightborne warlock, BE priest, BE DH and a human warrior). Any advice appreciated.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently, there is free weekend coming up starting the 21st.

The fine print:
The Battle for Azeroth trial experience ends after three hours of game play in Battle for Azeroth, or after the quest "We Need Each Other" (for Horde) or "A Nation Divided" (for Alliance), whichever comes first. Players can repeat the trial experience with up to 12 characters per qualifying account during the welcome back weekend.

Guide for returning players.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I really wish Blizzard would reduce to the rep requirements for the Allied races that are just re-skins of existing races. By all means keep the requirements high for Kul Tirans and Zandalari since they have entirely unique models and animations, but going through such a mindless grind just to unlock re-skinned dwarves, elves, orcs, and Tauren is a bit much for what you get.

I would put Void Elves / Nightborne in the upper tier of allied races myself, if only because alliance and horde didnt have access to Bloodelf / Nightelf models. I agree on the rest tho. Lightforged Draenei should just replace normal Draeneis tbh, its 90% the same, just... better >_>

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Hey I have a quick question for anyone that can answer it. I haven't played since WoD came out like...at all. I put the game down and just never went back, but lately I have been wanting to scratch the MMO itch and I would prefer to do it on WoW if I can.

Can anyone tell me if I need to buy Legion and BFA in order to jump back in? Or can I just make a new character and play through everything up to WoD again? Because I am not sure if this is a temporary calling or if its me ready to get back into WoW on a real level and I would like to know that before I shell out the money for the two expansions.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Hey I have a quick question for anyone that can answer it. I haven't played since WoD came out like...at all. I put the game down and just never went back, but lately I have been wanting to scratch the MMO itch and I would prefer to do it on WoW if I can.

Can anyone tell me if I need to buy Legion and BFA in order to jump back in? Or can I just make a new character and play through everything up to WoD again? Because I am not sure if this is a temporary calling or if its me ready to get back into WoW on a real level and I would like to know that before I shell out the money for the two expansions.

You don't have to buy legion just subscribe and you'll have Legion everything before BFA is free now as long as you sub.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
got to 100 (now 102), no Invasions up. Feelsbadman :(

edit: lol wait yes there is, it wasnt earlier >_<

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh you only need 110 for the Kul Tiran (and one assumes, Zanda) heritage armor? Thought it would be 120, but I guess it wouldnt make sense for those to be higher than the previous ones.

the 110-120 stretch is killing me tho, the "why am I doing this, I dont even raid" factor is hitting me hard now lol.

Last edited:

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone have any class suggestions btw? Last time I played the game was MoP so I am bit out of touch with the current builds and metas.

Basically all I wanna do is have a class that I can solo level on (I don't have a guild and my friends aren't joining me in my return) and later on down the line I would like to be able to farm old content with relative ease. I'm not much of a raider, but I do love collecting transmogs and mounts.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone have any class suggestions btw? Last time I played the game was MoP so I am bit out of touch with the current builds and metas.

Basically all I wanna do is have a class that I can solo level on (I don't have a guild and my friends aren't joining me in my return) and later on down the line I would like to be able to farm old content with relative ease. I'm not much of a raider, but I do love collecting transmogs and mounts.
any DPS class spec can solo level

for transmog purpose... maybe Hunter? they can equip the most types of weapons for collection

also if you need a tanky spec for a specific encounter, you can go Beastmaster and have ur pet tank

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
any DPS class spec can solo level

for transmog purpose... maybe Hunter? they can equip the most types of weapons for collection

also if you need a tanky spec for a specific encounter, you can go Beastmaster and have ur pet tank

I have a 90 BM Hunter already as well as a 90 Priest and a 88 DK. I was kind of wanting to try out something new.

How is the Protection Warrior? Holy Paladin? BM Monk? The only problem with those is that I have never tanked before. I was always Healer or DPS.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
do you still need to do the stupid zones achivement thing to unlock siege of boralus? Like, what does a fresh 120 have to worry about with these days?

I hadnt played since 8.0 btw.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
do you still need to do the stupid zones achivement thing to unlock siege of boralus? Like, what does a fresh 120 have to worry about with these days?

I hadnt played since 8.0 btw.
They removed the attunements for SoB and King's Rest and also added Heroic versions. Pretty much the same as with the Nightborne dungeons.

I guess they figured that now that there's more to do there's no reason to have dungeons as a carrot to be dangled.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I have been incredibly sick since Saturday (with the flu presumably) and didn't log in at all to work on reputations. I'm 70% through revered with Proudmoore but I was thinking this morning what am I going to do when I unlock the KTs? I created a Zando Pally but I don't want to level. I thought I did but I don't. And there's just nothing there for me to work toward after. For a while I wanted to try to move through heroic Dazar but, while that's still an option, everything in my personal life is kinda keeping me from investing the time I need to really succeed at that and there's nothing "fun" I can find to do in game right now. I hate this.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
They removed the attunements for SoB and King's Rest and also added Heroic versions. Pretty much the same as with the Nightborne dungeons.

I guess they figured that now that there's more to do there's no reason to have dungeons as a carrot to be dangled.

oh shit they added heroic ones? neat.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I have been incredibly sick since Saturday (with the flu presumably) and didn't log in at all to work on reputations. I'm 70% through revered with Proudmoore but I was thinking this morning what am I going to do when I unlock the KTs? I created a Zando Pally but I don't want to level. I thought I did but I don't. And there's just nothing there for me to work toward after. For a while I wanted to try to move through heroic Dazar but, while that's still an option, everything in my personal life is kinda keeping me from investing the time I need to really succeed at that and there's nothing "fun" I can find to do in game right now. I hate this.
transmog collecting??

Status
Not open for further replies.