• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I have never done serious PvP until 2 weeks ago. 1670 cr in RBG, pugging all the time. What a breath of fresh air, having to actually use all my keyboard for every skill in my skillbook.

Getting that cool tiger and the hippo before 8.2 hits I hope!

RBGs are a lot of fun. More fun than arena imo. I got close to 2100 last season. My guild hasn't been doing it much lately, hopefully we get back on that soon.

After you get your mount, you can earn tokens for older mounts as well by refilling the gauge.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be honest, Nazjatar looks like a dump. Capital city of the nagas, 10 thousand years of history, yet Suramar is 1 thousand times better.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, they're removing Recruit-a-Friend without even giving a return date.

RIP.
Well it hasn't been worth much since they nerfed it to the ground. I wonder if I should hold onto my RAF reward, as hopefully they reintroduce it with new rewards.
They really should roll over the old Scroll of Resurrection into RAF and have it apply to both returning and new players. I think for the most part people were not really recruiting new players with it. The times I used it was to level alts faster and get a mount in the process.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope they make RAF worth it again. Having the option to use it for the massive XP gains was so tempting. Plus the rewards were pretty nice. Got the Ragnaros flaming mount thing.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the aesthetic is supposed to be a dump, then sure.

If there is one thing clear about Azshara is that her pride is massive. To have the capital of the nagas to be what it currently is goes against all that. Thousands of years and that's all they have to show? Pfft.

I don't care about elves, but Suramar is incredibly beautiful as a city. From the standpoint of gameplay yeah, that causes some issues (mobs too close to each other, not enough places to escape on foot - before flying). But it absolutely looks like a capital city.

Mechagon is a junkyard, full of trash, but it fits. Orgrimmar is rustic as hell, but it fits. Nazjatar doesn't.

Last edited:

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
We haven't see any Naga architecture that isn't just sunken, destroyed night elf ruins, though?

Like presumably Azshara is all about her palace being beautiful, but everything we know about their settlements and cities is that the naga don't really give a crap about upkeep.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Yeah she doesn't give two fucks about Nazjatar. Only what is hers specifically.

She could rule the whole of Azeroth and the whole planet would fall into a state of disrepair but her place would look pristine just to remind everyone that she's queen and they aren't.

Iconic.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be honest, Nazjatar looks like a dump. Capital city of the nagas, 10 thousand years of history, yet Suramar is 1 thousand times better.
Yeah, I was disappointed as well.

And it doesn't even really make sense due to the stuff you mentioned. It should be a lot more developed after 10,000 years. Just not much down there and it doesn't feel at all believable as an ancient city. Pales in comparison to Suramar.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame Warfronts fell flat, would have loved to see the eventual (unlikely) Pandaren vs Pandaren Warfront in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Has anyone in history enjoyed Island Expeditions? I stopped doing them the second I hit exalted with Honorbound.

They're better now than when they launched. I recently did a bunch with Anoregon and Berordn and I had a good time. I wouldn't try pugging them, though, personally because voice communication seems helpful and I don't feel like dealing with a bossy "leader" like I got the few times I pugged some in 8.0.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The amount of parallels I can draw between WoW and GoT right now is staggering
UnrulyPolishedGalago-max-1mb.gif

AnyRightElver-small.gif

0sk5cjpwktd11.gif

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm absolutely sick of the GoT influence being there in WoW. Yeah, yeah. Fantasy influences fantasy - I know. But I thought we peaked when Varian got wildfire'd felfire'd out of existence.

And I was absolutely wrong.

PS - there's nothing inherently wrong with GoT, in theory, I just think its sort of "brutal, grimdark" storytelling and influence doesn't mesh well with WoW's aesthetic. I know people won't agree with me and that's fine but yeah.

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
Bizarrely enough, in it's current state it seriously feels like WoW influenced GoT TV series more than vice versa

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm spoilering this just in case but if you mean

motivations being out of whack and characters being completely out of character?

then yeah i agree

They're referring to
a character capturing a city and then inexplicably burning it down with everyone inside for no reason. Dany is Garrosh 3 or Sylvanas 2

Cass_Se

Oct 25, 2017
This but also the
Viserion's ressurrection and design looked like straight out of WotLK
and another possible finale plot point that I don't want to talk about yet but I'm sure to return here if it comes to fruition.

Alas, talking about
character motivations
, touche.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This but also the
Viserion's ressurrection and design looked like straight out of WotLK
and another possible finale plot point that I don't want to talk about yet but I'm sure to return here if it comes to fruition.
Dany not buying cold weather flying
almost doomed them

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
They're referring to
a character capturing a city and then inexplicably burning it down with everyone inside for no reason. Dany is Garrosh 3 or Sylvanas 2

Which was roundabout what I was mentioning without going too far into detail in case someone clicked spoiler without really thinking too hard about it.

Alas, talking about
character motivations
, touche.

Yeah. My biggest problem with media in all forms right now is this desperate need to be the edgiest, darkest, grim thing out there and how you can write a great story about war, loss, triumph, sacrifice etc
without shitting on your characters that have existed previously completely fine without this type of writing and characterization before.

Spoilered just for safety.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up creating and leveling up a Demon Hunter just to do another shuffle, but now I'm interested in twinking him. Kinda hard though, I can barely find people to do current content, finding others to do heroic/mythic ABT will be insane here.

I should take the easy way out and level up to 111, then get 233 blues. But eeeehhhh, I wanted to do something right for once.

Last edited:

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna get back into some of my alts soon. As much as I love my balance druid main (I chose well this expansion, haha), the fun factor with a few of the other classes is a really fresh spin on things, especially the Demon Hunter.

What are you guys finding most fun these days?

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Gonna get back into some of my alts soon. As much as I love my balance druid main (I chose well this expansion, haha), the fun factor with a few of the other classes is a really fresh spin on things, especially the Demon Hunter.

I've been leveling alts and working on professions. World Quests for easy gearing, etc. It's been a good change of pace and it's easy enough to not get burned out on while waiting for 8.2.

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
Streamers are hyping some info up for release in 10 minutes.

Seems safe to say it is a beta date for Classic.

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
Can you buy the CE with B.net balance? Also seems like the beta sign-up site got nuked, I hope having the general opt-in enabled on my B.net makes me eligible. Edit: There's a new check mark for the WoW Classic beta on the general sign-up page now, but you need an active sub to get invited.

I know they've said Classic will update incrementally like it originally did, but I hope they get some synergy going with current WoW. Meaning, say, AQ for Classic comes out during the down time between patches for the main game. Makes sense to keep people subbed to me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Finishing up my achievements, to be honest. If I can solo it, I'm doing it.

Deleted member 1476

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Deathwing mount is insane. Shame about Classic being August, I really wanted it to be July.

Oh well.

I'd get the new CE but the shipping alone would cost me an arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.