• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
dang, i don't have a character past 110. i'd have to subscribe, buy the expansion, grind gear and pray for that deathwing mount. don't know if i have it in me, but it sure is sweet!

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

This is pretty cool. Maybe I'll save names just in case.

dang, i don't have a character past 110. i'd have to subscribe, buy the expansion, grind gear and pray for that deathwing mount. don't know if i have it in me, but it sure is sweet!

The mount is a reward, apparently, for completing the holiday event which shouldn't be too hard even with World Quest gear. You should get it!

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I wonder if Classic will support older OS.

Thinking about busting out my old PC with Windows XP which I used to play the original on to get that extra old feel.

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Classic will support older OS.

Thinking about busting out my old PC with Windows XP which I used to play the original on to get that extra old feel.

I'd expect that Classic will probably support whatever current WoW supports. It's literally like a visual/mechanical shell over the modern client.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
That rag statue is very cool but that kind of stuff isn't for me. I usually regret buying CE-type stuff.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Alright, you've convinced me, guess I'll give it a go lol!

edit: I wonder if they'll have BfA on sale anytime soon...

It's been on sale recently a few times but I'm not sure about right now.

That rag statue is very cool but that kind of stuff isn't for me. I usually regret buying CE-type stuff.

I don't like statues generally so I usually sell that stuff on eBay to people who missed out (oops) but I like the mounts and the art a lot. Maybe I'll put Rag up somewhere. Who knows.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
They're releasing a Collector's Edition. With no new expansion coming out or attached. For $99.

Blizzard's price gouging is alive and well, I see.

Nice to hear Classic's release date, though. Cautiously looking forward to it.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Screens of a new cinematic are being leaked currently, I would link some but the stuff I find keeps getting taken down.

Looks like we're with Saurfang again as he heads to Nagrand and talks to Thrall. Thrall looks a lot like movie Durotan.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Screens of a new cinematic are being leaked currently, I would link some but the stuff I find keeps getting taken down.

Looks like we're with Saurfang again as he heads to Nagrand and talks to Thrall. Thrall looks a lot like movie Durotan.

When might this cinematic be released?

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

They probably won't but I hope they
kinda touch on what happened with Thrall after the Enh Shama scenario in Legion
. It's a kinda neat plot point. I hope it's not like Neptulon's return and they're like "it's fine. you don't need to know."

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
When might this cinematic be released?

I imagine near 8.2, though I did see somebody say tomorrow, but there isn't anything substantiating that. I guess it was shown at a recent "WoW summit" with influencers and such.

They probably won't but I hope they
kinda touch on what happened with Thrall after the Enh Shama scenario in Legion
. It's a kinda neat plot point. I hope it's not like Neptulon's return and they're like "it's fine. you don't need to know."

They might be leaning in that direction since he is hanging out in Nagrand. He's shown shirtless on a farm wielding some big axe.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
rofl i just saw those leaks, thrall legit looks exactly like Durotan.

I'm all in for Nagrand in CGI glory though.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I imagine near 8.2, though I did see somebody say tomorrow, but there isn't anything substantiating that. I guess it was shown at a recent "WoW summit" with influencers and such.

They might be leaning in that direction since he is hanging out in Nagrand. He's shown shirtless on a farm wielding some big axe.

All I can imagine is (Pre-Spoiler for Avengers Endgame)
a Thanos in Endgame tending the farm in a "happy" life since he lost his powers or something.
and then they just go "oh everything is fine let's go!"

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
But green?

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
My favorite was the Hellscream cameo

Makes me sad that we will probably never see another Warcraft movie. The CGI is so good.

$

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I wouldn't be opposed to a second WC movie if the writing was a bit better and they didn't have to condense so much into one film but I also wouldn't mind the WoW Cinematics team getting a chance to take a shot at making a feature film either.

I don't think any of them would turn out to be Oscar level writing films but I think the cinematic movies would definitely be entertaining.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I wouldn't be opposed to a second WC movie if the writing was a bit better and they didn't have to condense so much into one film but I also wouldn't mind the WoW Cinematics team getting a chance to take a shot at making a feature film either.

I don't think any of them would turn out to be Oscar level writing films but I think the cinematic movies would definitely be entertaining.

My only complaint about the movie is that the humans didn't really mesh that well with CGI and Orcs, wish they would have gone full CGI and included Taurens, Undead and Trolls.

Imagine Thunder Bluff. Oooff.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My only complaint about the movie is that the humans didn't really mesh that well with CGI and Orcs, wish they would have gone full CGI and included Taurens, Undead and Trolls.

The main issue with the movie ass that it left a lot to you knowing what was going on in advance. You don't notice when you're already in on the lore, but they explain next to nothing besides the fel

Also why was Dalaran already flying

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

I mean this could be my thirst talking (hint: it is) but as long as they keep Human Khadgar around I'm good. He was so nice to look at.

Everything else can be CGI. He can just be greenscreened in when he's needed.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
OK, he doesn't look quite as much as durotan in the clearer shot. I think there is actually a little Metzen influence though.

Also looks like he got himself a big ol axe to replace the doomhammer.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hot take: i thought the movie was actually okay-ish. Partially just because of all the fanservice. It wasn't, like, very good outside of Orc parts, but I didn't hate it at all.

And speaking of cinematics, the WoD one is my favorite. "We will never be slaves!" always gives me chills. The music rules, too. WotLK is a close second.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cinematic Sylvanas has this pinkish hue to her skin but in game Sylvanas is blue

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
The movie was decent especially for a video game movie. It just needs some kinks worked out.

The Cata cinematic gets me though. I love Deathwing's voice and general presence (which is lol since he was barely in the expansion). the launch of Cata was when I was most invested in WoW so I maybe sorta got a little emotionally invested when the world was "destroyed."

I'm sorry.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I like Cataclysm's and Battle for Azeroth's

Cataclysm because it really hammers home how bad it all gets, and how Deathwing truly is a force of nature. His presence alone is enough to decimate areas.

Battle for Azeroth because it let's the major players have their moments. Even as horde that mass rez is amazing

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
The BFA cinematic was so fucking amazing. I loved how everyone was portrayed and I am definitely not an Alliance player.

Sylvanas comes off as so smooth and awesome and in charge and just amazing and.... in game she's the greatest evil or something. -_- There's a huge disconnect between the cinematic and what happens in the game and thanks i hate it.

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
Is this it?

pC2PAUW.png
I'd rather have a cinematic from Sylvanas, or hell, Azshara's point of view instead of another Saurfang one at this point. I already know he's just going to talk about honor and how he doesn't like the Horde as it is right now before even seeing the cinematic.

in game she's the greatest evil or something. -_- There's a huge disconnect between the cinematic and what happens in the game and thanks i hate it.
She isn't "evil" to most of the Horde though , at least according to one of the devs (can't remember who said it). She's well respected.
I can't remember if that interview was before or after Teldrassil though (probably after).

Status
Not open for further replies.