• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
real 8.3 leaks: Sylvanas gets sent to space jail (on loan from the lightforged) for 9 million years. While the alliance and horde leaders are celebrating, Tyrande murders Thrall because the sound of the Stormwind bells is just too much. Jaina gets really mad that the guy she had a crush on but never dated is now dead and becomes the new leader of the Forsaken, because she feels forsaken by love.

Hm...

Sounds legit.

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know what you guys dislike about that cinematic. The story of this expansion has been largely obvious for some time. The sooner you stop pining for the story that YOU wanted and accept the one that is, the sooner you will stop being disappointed.

Anduin elopes with Baine in 8.3! DO IT!

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
So it's not gonna be this but what if was the Desolate Council trying to stir shit up. They had to be introduced in that damn book for a reason.

Don't know what you guys dislike about that cinematic. The story of this expansion has been largely obvious for some time. The sooner you stop pining for the story that YOU wanted and accept the one that is, the sooner you will stop being disappointed.

Cute.

KLoWn

Oct 27, 2017
So I remember there being a: "leak" for 8.3 and can anyone confirm if I'm just going crazy or not:

The idea was that in 8.3 after the removal of Sylvanas from Warchief that during a peace meeting the Alliance would royally screw up and then the war would get a lot worse.

Am I crazy or was that totally a thing that was leaked?
I haven't seen anything like that at all, but I hope it's true. I'm tired of the wars just lasting an expansion or two, make it a loooong war, so that when we eventually reach a peace it actually has some impact. Now it's just like someone is tapping the warmode ON and OFF switch randomly.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So is that a yes or no on that collector's edition being back in stock someday

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA

The cinematic is fine, it's just getting old for them to say "the story's not what you expect!" and then do exactly what we expect.

Sylvanas is a bad actor in this conflict and will be deposed by the end of the expansion. Baine or Saurfang will reunite the Horde. The Alliance's internal tension is continuing to build and that will make long-term peace impossible.

At this point Blizzard just needs to shut up and just get the story over with rather than tell us that "despite looking and quacking like MoP 2.0, it's totally not."

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly tired of pointless faction wars. I know it is in the name but fuck it, I'm just tired.

Give me the void lords instead, I know some will just say "meh more evil space aliens" but I'll take that over more faction bullshit. I don't care about the factions enough to give a shit anymore, not with those leaders.

It liked it once, many moons ago. Not anymore.

Last edited:

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
So I remember there being a: "leak" for 8.3 and can anyone confirm if I'm just going crazy or not:

The idea was that in 8.3 after the removal of Sylvanas from Warchief that during a peace meeting the Alliance would royally screw up and then the war would get a lot worse.

Am I crazy or was that totally a thing that was leaked?

Sounds pretty legit. My thought is that despite the front of working together from Jaina and Genn, they're going to double cross the Horde and bomb Thunder Bluff or Silvermoon.

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
So Thrall has abandoned the Elements and is just a Warrior now huh?

In what must be one of the dumbest sto
I haven't seen anything like that at all, but I hope it's true. I'm tired of the wars just lasting an expansion or two, make it a loooong war, so that when we eventually reach a peace it actually has some impact. Now it's just like someone is tapping the warmode ON and OFF switch randomly.

That's because literally every expansion we get a talk about 'putting the war back into warcraft'. And every time it fails because actually players don't seem to want it. People want to be beating demons and lich kings and other monsters. Not some bizarrely overpowered giant version of Jaina.

Blizzard routinely spasms between 'save the world' and 'fight the other guys'. They've never managed to make the latter work as an overarching storyline or motivator, and yet they keep tilting at that windmill.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Loved the cinematic. Really getting me excited for 8.2 and to see where the story goes in 8.3 and beyond. I love not knowing what the "Argus" of this expansion is yet. I feel like they have some really cool stuff in store for us.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I remember seeing this leak as well, it was on MMO-Champion. All of the 8.2 information in it so far has been half-right, but they got enough specific things right that it doesn't need to be thrown out immediately.

Sounds pretty legit. My thought is that despite the front of working together from Jaina and Genn, they're going to double cross the Horde and bomb Thunder Bluff or Silvermoon.

I could see this turn of events opening up a third Warfront, since The Barrens, Silvermoon, and Azshara were datamined as possible Warfronts.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
mkspk19qrey21.jpg

Imagine
Warbringers or actual comics?
Both :)

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
Intriguing. WoW Classic is 4GB if you install it inside your current WoW directory. 9GB if you try to install it anywhere else.

Shared client magic.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Geez @ the new cinematic. They're gonna either have to left-turn so abruptly it's gonna give everyone whiplash, or they've all but given up on even havinga pretense of the #morallygrey aspect to Sylvanas' character

I can't help but think of the post in the OT regarding creators' "need" to be more clever than their audience.

As it is we've gone WAY too far without even getting an inkling of Sylvanas' true plans, yet we've had multiple cinematics and quests focused on Saurfang - once again I would go back to the supposition that Saurfang was the 'traditional' quest/storyline that was designed, and now they're having to scramble due to all the story complaints/Garrosh comparisons.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Why the fuck would she send assassins after Thrall? That's a surefire way to have everyone turn on you

I'd assume it would be before launch but it seems to be a gear store exclusive so idk. I'm just glad I was able to get mine when it was announced. Good luck!
It was on Gamestop's site for a while as well. Wonder if I should check to see if in-store preorders are there

If they have them at Blizzcon I can always do that.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck would she send assassins after Thrall? That's a surefire way to have everyone turn on you

The running theories seem to be that either she's gone full mustache-twirl villain because she's gotten subjugated by either the Lich King or N'Zoth.....

Or she's faking said mustache-twirl in order to pull a SC2 Kerrigan later on, and be instrumental in N'zoth's defeat, but needs to give everyone a 'common enemy'
to band together against first, so that all of Azeroth is united.

FWIW it's almost to the point of being comical on how evil she is, so I'm not sure they're going to play the Garrosh 2.0 up straight....but they sure are butchering the setup for a Kerrigan scenario if it's the latter.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
No, lol. I edited it in paint (graphic design is my passion etc etc). It was the Hideo Kojima tweet made famous when he was completely unaccepting of the backlash against Quiet in MGS5.
Oh that's right, I knew it seemed familiar. It was that breathing through that skin thing.

You're talking about the person who did a power slide into Frostmourne.

She isn't as smart as her fanbase claims.
She was watching too much Tenacious D.

TiredGamer

Oct 27, 2017
While moving a character from Classic to Retail should be impossible, perhaps a solution would be a progression path through separate expansion servers requiring a fee to "upgrade" from one expansion to another that would (eventually) lead a character to Retail. It would allow Blizzard to essentially make upwards of $120 per character (7 expansions at $20 each transfer upwards to the next expansion server) just to give someone access to removed content on Retail. Who needs to care about old players if you can entice new ones to spend double a boost as well as months of sub time grinding through old content.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Must say that even though I'm used to it, every single time I have to deal with WoW's fanbase racism/prejudice it makes me less likely to go play with others.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
While moving a character from Classic to Retail should be impossible, perhaps a solution would be a progression path through separate expansion servers requiring a fee to "upgrade" from one expansion to another that would (eventually) lead a character to Retail. It would allow Blizzard to essentially make upwards of $120 per character (7 expansions at $20 each transfer upwards to the next expansion server) just to give someone access to removed content on Retail. Who needs to care about old players if you can entice new ones to spend double a boost as well as months of sub time grinding through old content.

I suspect there may be some items that will exist in Classic that they don't want to be re-introduced to the Retail environment. Imagine an undead final Retail raid boss (...Sylvanas?) where the first kill comes from a bunch of imported paladins who brought along a Holy Mightstone!

(In real terms, of course, I suspect there's not likely to be anything that hugely gamebreaking, but it could have an economic impact)

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad we got to see what a rogue finally looks like from a cinematic perspective. iirc they were the only class who hadn't shown up in a cinematic.

Druid, mage, shaman, lock, hunter, and warrior were in the first

Priest, DH, and Pally was in BC

Arthas is a DK so WotLK

Monk for Pandaria

More shaman for BFA

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm glad we got to see what a rogue finally looks like from a cinematic perspective. iirc they were the only class who hadn't shown up in a cinematic.

Druid, mage, shaman, lock, hunter, and warrior were in the first

Priest, DH, and Pally was in BC

Arthas is a DK so WotLK

Monk for Pandaria

More shaman for BFA

Yeah that was pretty cool - I'm not a big rogue player (like I get one to cap in an expansion but don't really "understand" it) but I like the idea that it's like cloaking magic rather than "oh they just don't notice me." That was cool to see.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that was pretty cool - I'm not a big rogue player (like I get one to cap in an expansion but don't really "understand" it) but I like the idea that it's like cloaking magic rather than "oh they just don't notice me." That was cool to see.
Yeah, I figured shadow hunters used some kind of voodoo cloaking magic but thought the others were just being stealthy. It's straight up active camouflage

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Yeah, I figured shadow hunters used some kind of voodoo cloaking magic but thought the others were just being stealthy. It's straight up active camouflage

It's sad because I love spy fiction, like a lot, but I just can't get into rogues. But goddamn they're sneaky sneaky and I love that.

....and hate when I encounter then whenever I'm forced to do something PVP lol

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
If you like spy fiction and MMOs, let me tell you about the Imperial Agent storyline in The Old Republic

I tried to play The Old Republic but I can't invest in multiple MMOs at once so I never got past level 5 or something. I'm also nothing more than a casual movie fan of SW so getting invested in any lore would be near impossible. Honestly, WoW was a fluke for me as well because back when it launched I used to hardcore judge my friends who were into EQ and I always said that would never be me... and yet here we are.

I like fighting rogues as my DH

I SSSSSEEEEEE YOOOOUUUU...

I'm still shocked to this day that I love my DH (he's a tank) because everything revealed about them pre-Legion was like... not appealing to me at all. but there he is and I love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.