• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, I'd like to just see them do away with factions entirely, or at least consider them superficial titles. Have a completely united Azeroth. An entirely new direction. Like, I want orcs in Stormwind, gnomes in Thunder Bluff. Night elves and blood elves fighting together against trolls and dwarves in Arathi Basin. Draenei and goblins in the same raid group against... whoever.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I'd like to just see them do away with factions entirely, or at least consider them superficial titles. Have a completely united Azeroth. An entirely new direction. Like, I want orcs in Stormwind, gnomes in Thunder Bluff. Night elves and blood elves fighting together against trolls and dwarves in Arathi Basin. Draenei and goblins in the same raid group against... whoever.
I'd be cool with this if they released a full pvp WoW like Classic

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it's a 1920s mobster suit

giphy.gif

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Any of you guys use Elvui? Any idea how to change the texture on the player bars? Mine is flat, my wife's texture is 3d-ish. I can't find the setting to change this and it's driving me nuts.

Oh, and she asked me to jump back in, so I guess I am.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Any of you guys use Elvui? Any idea how to change the texture on the player bars? Mine is flat, my wife's texture is 3d-ish. I can't find the setting to change this and it's driving me nuts.

Welcome back!

I wish I could help you with your question but I'm at work and can't remember how to do it off the top of my head. If no one else can answer it I'll look into it when I get home (in 5 hours.)

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to snag a pre-order on Amazon of that 15th anniversary collector's edition (thank you Wario64's twitter).

This was incredible. I got chills.

I should probably get back to BFA eventually, if only to see the story stuff through, but I really have no motivation lately to log in regularly. Hopefully 8.2 turns things around a bit.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I kinda hope Best Buy gets the CE since my GCU is valid through January but they don't have it just yet (if at all.) I'd definitely cancel my Blizzard store one but when I ordered it I assumed it would be exclusive.

it's going to be a replica of gallywix's hat and suit

complete with chins

Why would I want to dress as myself? IT'S A FANTASY GAME. Let me live.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017

UnitFrames>General Options>StatusBar Texture
There's a drop down with various textures

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda hope Best Buy gets the CE since my GCU is valid through January but they don't have it just yet (if at all.) I'd definitely cancel my Blizzard store one but when I ordered it I assumed it would be exclusive.

Why would I want to dress as myself? IT'S A FANTASY GAME. Let me live.
I screwed up by waiting on Best Buy, I should have done the Amazon order as a backup. Hopefully they put it up eventually.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I screwed up by waiting on Best Buy, I should have done the Amazon order as a backup. Hopefully they put it up eventually.

Ugh, that sucks. Honestly though, there's still CEs of BFA (jokes aside) floating around. I'd imagine this would be "over produced" if you will. They have enough time to gauge the audience and will probably open up more for order Soon(tm).

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw on twitter that people are saying they're taking in-store pre-orders at Gamestop for the CE.

I do think more copies will pop up on sites between now and October, though this does seem to be selling out super fast whenever it goes up somewhere. Maybe driven by the Classic hype (and the box is beautiful).

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Just saw on twitter that people are saying they're taking in-store pre-orders at Gamestop for the CE.

I do think more copies will pop up on sites between now and October, though this does seem to be selling out super fast whenever it goes up somewhere. Maybe driven by the Classic hype (and the box is beautiful).

My old Gamestop where I worked constantly calls me to have me reserve stuff with them even though I don't reserve games there (just because of my GCU and, at one point, the Prime discount) and they always sound so disappointed, lol. I'm expecting the call or even a FB message today (I'm friends with some of the employees so it's fine)

They do have it on their site Link but it's not available for reservation online so calling a nearby store may be your best bet at this time - even if it's just a backup in case the retailer you prefer gets it in stock. Since it's a CE I'm willing to bet the minimum deposit is going to be $25 just FYI.

......it kinda physically hurt to type out some of that. Retail flashbacks.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't expect it to sell out like it did, previous CE's have had a ton of stock and I expected as much with this one. It still may be the case but in the meantime it sucks waiting. I need it for my collection damn it. I actually still need the MoP CE too.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I didn't expect it to sell out like it did, previous CE's have had a ton of stock and I expected as much with this one. It still may be the case but in the meantime it sucks waiting. I need it for my collection damn it. I actually still need the MoP CE too.

I should probably get around to at least getting the boxes for the Vanilla and BC CEs but it will bother me not having the pets in game. It was before I was "in love" with WoW and only played it "casually."

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
60757029_2334315376809645_3581604435366772736_n.png

geez. I guess I should know better but without hearing a confirmation that it's 100% done I couldn't imagine people being willing to spend this on it this early.

I think some people are just competitions when it comes to this stuff. They buy every WoW/blizzard CE that comes out and don't want to have any gaps on the shelf.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like a sucker, I re-subbed after 8 years just so I could have a shot at getting into the Classic Beta.

But since I'm paying for the game, I figure I might as well try out some modern WoW. What is the best way for me to jump back in and get used to the game again?

I tried booting it up and holy shit is the text/UI tiny on a 1080P screen. I can barely read anything, and there doesn't seem to be any default options to bump up text size. Is there a decent mod that will let me adjust the text? What's the best mod just for general questing and dungeons (keeping track of buffs & debuffs).

Where can I look up some interesting talent builds for my characters? They are all about Level 86.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I think some people are just competitions when it comes to this stuff. They buy every WoW/blizzard CE that comes out and don't want to have any gaps on the shelf.

I mean I collect Power Rangers so I get it to an extent but with how eBay works like... you pay the $200+ and then they're like JK BACK IN STOCK and, well, you've done overpaid lol

but it's not my money so whatever!

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Like a sucker, I re-subbed after 8 years just so I could have a shot at getting into the Classic Beta.

But since I'm paying for the game, I figure I might as well try out some modern WoW. What is the best way for me to jump back in and get used to the game again?

I tried booting it up and holy shit is the text/UI tiny on a 1080P screen. I can barely read anything, and there doesn't seem to be any default options to bump up text size. Is there a decent mod that will let me adjust the text? What's the best mod just for general questing and dungeons (keeping track of buffs & debuffs).

Where can I look up some interesting talent builds for my characters? They are all about Level 86.

There are UI scale options that should help. You can also specifically adjust the font size of chat text.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/class-guides has talent builds for every class, including leveling guides.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

I don't think you need to sub to get into classic beta. I was able to opt into it without an active sub. I've also gotten into other wow betas without having an active sub.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you need to sub to get into classic beta. I was able to opt into it without an active sub. I've also gotten into other wow betas without having an active sub.
Pretty much everyone in the release date announcement thread was saying that only active subscriptions would be eligible for beta access, but I don't see any official confirmation. If I don't get into the beta in the next month I'll probably just unsub until Classic launches.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nevermind here it is:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/n...ndars-wow-classic-launch-and-testing-schedule

Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle.net Account. While opting-in to the beta is the primary way to make sure you're in the running to join the test it doesn't guarantee an invitation to the closed beta test. We may also consider additional factors such as how long a player has been subscribed to the game so that we have the right mix of players to ensure great feedback toward making WoW Classic the very best experience for the community.

Clearly I didn't make the cut for the first round of beta testers, but hopefully I'll be able to get in later, or at least be apart of the stress tests next week.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
I should probably get around to at least getting the boxes for the Vanilla and BC CEs but it will bother me not having the pets in game. It was before I was "in love" with WoW and only played it "casually."
I opened my vanilla CE but never registered the serial, so I don't have the pets. I had gotten like 3 copies of it back in 2004 and regret selling the other two.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I don't even want to play classic, but I'll be disappointed if the 15th Anniversary CE is sold out. I didn't know it was a thing until now, and I've bought every CE since WoTLK.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
The only CE I missed out on was the original one. I loved Warcraft but didn't want to play an MMO. Really regret that. I'd love to get the box. Hell, I'd buy an original but it's like 2k online. lol

I managed to preorder one of the 15 year editions in store at gamestop. They're taking in store preorders so go check that if you haven't gotten one yet. I'll keep an eye out and will be happy to snag copies if they don't come back and I can get my hands on some for the people here if needed.

Welcome back!

I wish I could help you with your question but I'm at work and can't remember how to do it off the top of my head. If no one else can answer it I'll look into it when I get home (in 5 hours.)

Thanks man. I'm going to post pics of mine and my wife's here in a bit when we're done playing so you can see the difference. My cast bar is the 3d blizz style but the actual portrait bar is flat. Her's isn't. It drives me nuts.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Wish Blizz would add more stuff to mythic+, as in, some mounts only being obtainable via raids etc

Hard as hell to find people :(

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, just noticed I got into the WoW Classic Beta. Check out your launcher to see if you see the option for WoW Classic. I was actually waiting for an email but never received anything.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
The only CE I missed out on was the original one. I loved Warcraft but didn't want to play an MMO. Really regret that. I'd love to get the box. Hell, I'd buy an original but it's like 2k online. lol

I managed to preorder one of the 15 year editions in store at gamestop. They're taking in store preorders so go check that if you haven't gotten one yet. I'll keep an eye out and will be happy to snag copies if they don't come back and I can get my hands on some for the people here if needed.

Thanks man. I'm going to post pics of mine and my wife's here in a bit when we're done playing so you can see the difference. My cast bar is the 3d blizz style but the actual portrait bar is flat. Her's isn't. It drives me nuts.

Are you talking about the 3D should be animated head image?

If so: elvui menu > unit frames > player > portrait tab > enable > style dropdown > 2D or 3D

60364040_653121885130963_4751068612104552448_n.jpg

60616509_1350344995112937_7458393743830286336_n.jpg

I hope this is what you meant. And, either way, forgive my currently horrible mog.

Kintaro

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, playing the beta you really notice the QoL improvements in live WoW. Having said that, once you realize and get use to the change it's still pretty fun. I'm only level 6 but I got there rather quick. I just like how you actually need food and even shitty armor is appreciated. I personally would like a Frankenstein version of Vanilla and Live WoW, with certain QoL improvements and updated graphics, but keeping other stuff like Vanilla, stuff that makes you appreciate your gear and professions.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Checked liked 8 times since yersterday if my launcher had the Classic option, today I'm finally in !

Not my screen, just a visual help for those who aren't sure where to check Classic beta availability.
843102.jpg

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017

The tank getting RNG crushed, the Rogue Evasion tanking, the healer finishing their cast and their target dying anyway...I can't stop smiling. It's exactly what it ought to be.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I still like Saurfang, even though the entirety of non-Zandalari Horde storyline in BfA has been a complete disaster and round robin of character assassination.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
lmao

Saurfang will announce he's running for president any minute now

bahaha. I could go on and on about character motivations and we all know that stuff but man I liked Saurfang before BfA. Now? Nah. And it's all because whatever the fuck they picked out of their random storyline hat mixed with throwing darts at names on a wall. Sad.

please let Ysera wake up and go "it was all a dream!"

Status
Not open for further replies.