• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully by 9.0 they let us buy the cosmetic appearances through a vendor.

Trying to do Warfronts after 9.0 launches would be a massive pain in the ass.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully by 9.0 they let us buy the cosmetic appearances through a vendor.

Trying to do Warfronts after 9.0 launches would be a massive pain in the ass.

They usually put PvP reskin gear on a vendor for MoH, but they have not done this for this expansion for some stupid reason.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there any addons that can help with Mechagon and Nazjatar rares spawn time? I don't really feel like standing in a single spot for an hour just waiting because a rare doesn't live longer than a minute, and I would like to get some of these mount drops.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Such an addon would be very helpful for mobs like Rustfeather (who is camped constantly for his mount drop).

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any addons that can help with Mechagon and Nazjatar rares spawn time? I don't really feel like standing in a single spot for an hour just waiting because a rare doesn't live longer than a minute, and I would like to get some of these mount drops.
Seen towellie using tom tom or whatever it's called

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
A guildie posted this to our discord:

"This Weakaura automatically creates tomtom waypoints based on a rare yell in mechagon. It will *only* work with bosses which announce their presence in chat! "

I haven't tried it myself.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Capture.PNG

some good QoL coming here.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
People are flying today. I'm about 3k from each. If they release new quests tomorrow, should be able to hit it in the next few days.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
god damn. I'm less than halfway to revered and I thought I was doing just about every possible thing every day.

There is a ton of stuff that's just not obvious. For example, there are 2 quests to build a grammaphone and a kegerator that you can craft in Mecha that gives 1000 total. The legendary battle pets rep is massive. I think Mecha was 3000 if you do all the fights which are probably the easiest I've seen yet. Most can be 2 pet killed with the same easy to get pets.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I absolutely loathe these new legendary pet battles and I haven't been so antsy to start flying to turn on War Mode, so I'm content with waiting another week or so.

Kinda nice that they made it easy, at least. If you've been playing up to this point, unlocking flying is pretty trivial. Sucks if you were (rightfully) turned off of BFA early on, though.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Hit revered with Unshackled today and finished the quest chain. Should hit Revered with Rustbolt by Wednesday.

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
So just a heads up if you plan to purchase the 6 month promo with Slyvarian Dreamer mount you can't use blizzard balance credit to purchase the promotion! I had about $60 on my account so I topped it off with another $20 and they won't allow balance as a payment option for the promotion. You can purchase game time, or the mount separately (and pay more total) but they won't allow you to spend your Blizzard balance funds on it. :(

I posted on their forums and put in a support ticket but I doubt they will do anything or even add a warning to the product page. I feel like its a bait and switch rip off as their previous promotion of game time + Dreadwake mount let me use balance funds just fine.

edit: My support ticket was answered and they pretty much said tough luck should of read the fine print. Blizzard going from one of my favorite developers to being tossed in with the likes of EA ugh.

Last edited:

Gold

Oct 27, 2017
So just a heads up if you plan to purchase the 6 month promo with Slyvarian Dreamer mount you can't use blizzard balance credit to purchase the promotion! I had about $60 on my account so I topped it off with another $20 and they won't allow balance as a payment option for the promotion. You can purchase game time, or the mount separately (and pay more total) but they won't allow you to spend your Blizzard balance funds on it. :(

I posted on their forums and put in a support ticket but I doubt they will do anything or even add a warning to the product page. I feel like its a bait and switch rip off as their previous promotion of game time + Dreadwake mount let me use balance funds just fine.

edit: My support ticket was answered and they pretty much said tough luck should of read the fine print. Blizzard going from one of my favorite developers to being tossed in with the likes of EA ugh.
Wow that's bs. So to get the mount you need to subscribe with a credit card. Game time that you can buy with blizzard balance will not get you the free mount.
They really want you to pay your monthly fee with irl money and not with gold.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
And I am one week away from home cuz work.

Can't wait to get ganked by airborne hordes these weekend :/

powersurge

Nov 2, 2017
Pensacola, FL
Wow that's bs. So to get the mount you need to subscribe with a credit card. Game time that you can buy with blizzard balance will not get you the free mount.
They really want you to pay your monthly fee with irl money and not with gold.

Funny thing I already had $60 of balance needed $20 more which I added with a credit card. If they had of just been up front about it and placed a notice on the store page about being unable to use balance for this purpose I wouldn't of added credit to my account.

My guess is they are trying to drive up recurring subscription numbers over raw time purchases for some reason but its just pissing players off. I mean if the purchase is made with gold they are actually making MORE money than normal because a $15 token costs $20 for the person buying the gold.

Blizzard is dead, long live Actiblizzard I guess :(

And I am one week away from home cuz work.

Can't wait to get ganked by airborne hordes these weekend :/

Oh man do yourself a favor and turn off war mode till you can fly as well. Nazjatar is a nightmare with War mode on. After being camped and farmed (I'm a rogue but there were a lot of DH's around that night) repeatedly a couple of nights ago I gave in and switched it off. Due to the zone lay out its really rough more so if your out numbered. I never felt this way in BFA till now its rough lol.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Is there an advantage in switching NPC allies in Nazjatar? I've been sticking to only one since the start but I wonder if its the smart choice.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Glad I didn't do the 6 months/mount thing, I thought 8.2 would reinvigorate my interest in WoW, but after a few days I am just back to not caring and even wanting to log on. I guess it's time to move on at this point. Might look at selling the account actually.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Is there an advantage in switching NPC allies in Nazjatar? I've been sticking to only one since the start but I wonder if its the smart choice.
Not every ally will have quests for additional XP every day, but that's the only reason why you'd really be concerned. Once you've finished the first part of the questline of getting a follower to level 3, you'll only need to worry about continuing to rack up the XP between all three.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I get to go home early from work for a dentist appointment today and that means I'll have time to run all my dailies tonight AND maybe do something else.

I'm not upset about having stuff to do again in game and I want to do it but cramming all of it in the limited after work window I have on weekdays is tough. I nearly passed out at my keyboard last night after finally getting my kitty zord and killed all the rares on Mechagon. Hopefully I can hit revered with both factions next week while I'm on vacation / out for surgery.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Is this thread used for discussion on the classic beta as well, or is there a separate thread?

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Is this thread used for discussion on the classic beta as well, or is there a separate thread?

I'm not sure if there's a Classic specific thread but Classic discussion is fine as long as everyone is civil and not trashing one another for whatever reason. Not saying you are or will - just that things and opinions tend to get.... heated sometimes.

Once there's a Classic specific OT or whatever though I'll update the OP with a link to it - I won't be making or in that one. :)

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if there's a Classic specific thread but Classic discussion is fine as long as everyone is civil and not trashing one another for whatever reason. Not saying you are or will - just that things and opinions tend to get.... heated sometimes.

Once there's a Classic specific OT or whatever though I'll update the OP with a link to it - I won't be making or in that one. :)

Ah, cool cool - I'll probably keep it to discord since it doesn't seem classic discussion is taking up much space here.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Really glad to have built my Mechanocat this morning (with a newly looted Fel Green color), but the clipping of my character on that thing is absolutely terrible. My Human Rogue's hands plunge right through the back and my legs are enveloped in the rib cage. Just seems super sloppy and makes me not want to use the thing despite loving the model overall.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Done with todays quests. Thought I would hit revered on both today, but only a few hundred rep left on each so I may as well wait until next reset to get them.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I have to do 73 world quests to hit revered with Rustbolt and unlock flying. Going to do every one that's up now and then go to Mechagon to try to find the last few rares I need.

Edit: Forgot I haven't done the pet battle world quest on Mechagon today. I need 65 world quests then.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
Wife and I are enjoying jumping into BFA since the sale, loving my havoc DH and fury warrior.

My wife decided against continuing her holy paladin since we really have no raid plans and is playing her elemental shaman. She seems to really be enjoying it.

The northern water cult zone was fun

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I have to do 73 world quests to hit revered with Rustbolt and unlock flying. Going to do every one that's up now and then go to Mechagon to try to find the last few rares I need.

Edit: Forgot I haven't done the pet battle world quest on Mechagon today. I need 65 world quests then.

I now need about 600 rep from Mechagon to get flying. May just wait rather than grind out WQs.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Someone tell me your rep secrets. I have sunk a lot of time into both zones every day this past week and I'm only about 2k into honored for both. Fuck.

As someone who has barely tried pet battling, can I take advantage of these legendary pet battle rep sources?

Oct 25, 2017
Someone tell me your rep secrets. I have sunk a lot of time into both zones every day this past week and I'm only about 2k into honored for both. Fuck.

As someone who has barely tried pet battling, can I take advantage of these legendary pet battle rep sources?

When the time comes, I'll be looking for a guide. But you do get like a decent amount of rep per day, not even doing every little thing you can. If it actually knocks a day off getting flight, I may go for it but since my rustbolt rep is lower, it likely will not.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Yes. You can pretty much 2 or 3 battle most of legendary pet quests. They are one time rep rewards, but the WQs also give rep and items so you may as well have it in your arsenal. You are going to want to level them to 25 and get them to rare. You can buy stones or pre-leveled pets.

The 2 best pets to get are Unborn Val'kyr Ikky. The links show where to get them.

For strats, follow these guides for each pet. It's honestly the easiest named pet battling I've seen since they started pet battles. Most fights are over in the same 6-7 moves.
https://www.wowhead.com/guides/nazjatar-legendary-pet-strategies

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm just into honored with Rustbolt and halfway through honored with Unshackled. I should probably have flying next week, I'd guess.

I've just been doing all the dailies and WQs and beating any pet battles I can. They're tough but it just takes some experimentation.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Yes. You can pretty much 2 or 3 battle most of legendary pet quests. They are one time rep rewards, but the WQs also give rep and items so you may as well have it in your arsenal. You are going to want to level them to 25 and get them to rare. You can buy stones or pre-leveled pets.

The 2 best pets to get are Unborn Val'kyr Ikky. The links show where to get them.

For strats, follow these guides for each pet. It's honestly the easiest named pet battling I've seen since they started pet battles. Most fights are over in the same 6-7 moves.

I would certainly say that this patch is the patch to powerlevel pets

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you!

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm hosting a raid meeting for my reformed raid team tonight and I'm like stupid excited about it. I'm looking forward to losing two nights a week of my life to this game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.