• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Lack of love for Mechagon tho... :(

--

Yo, is BT Timewalking a good experience overall with pugs? Or is it overtuned and horrible? I miss that raid. And 445 loot on alts sounds good.

Last edited:

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I did BT with my guild last time it came around and we had a pretty rough time with some parts. Supremus was a nightmare and a lot of the trash gave us trouble. The thought of pugging it makes me wince, yet a guildy got in a pug today to get his Azenoth blades and said it went really well.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Mechagon is terrible. Just a big ugly brown zone with piles of junk everywhere.

I do like the dungeon though. Even if it's far too long.
I agree that there isn't a lot going on in the zone in terms of geographical diversity, but I loved the story, look/feel, music, and the sandbox quality of the place. There was a lot to discover, and a lot of fun random shit that was happening at all times. The zone felt very alive and full of rewards. I appreciated that the scrapyard/crafting and overall cadence of the zone felt different than before. I like when the dev team tries something new. And yeah, the dungeon is my fave since the Kara mechadungeon. I hope we continue getting 1, or even 2 of these per expansion.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like ANY of the BFA zones from the Horde side. From what I've seen of the Alliance zones, which is only from a Horde perspective, they seem WAY more interesting, pretty, and fun.

Nazjatar can fuck off and die.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Right, tonight, our first assault on the last two bosses in Normal. Let's see how this goes...

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I don't like ANY of the BFA zones from the Horde side. From what I've seen of the Alliance zones, which is only from a Horde perspective, they seem WAY more interesting, pretty, and fun.

Nazjatar can fuck off and die.

You keep mentioning from what you've seen. Did you even play much of BFA? I'm curious because you seem really angry about the game consistently but I haven't seen a lot showing you've experienced much of this expansion's content. Where did you stop this go around?

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You keep mentioning from what you've seen. Did you even play much of BFA? I'm curious because you seem really angry about the game consistently but I haven't seen a lot showing you've experienced much of this expansion's content. Where did you stop this go around?
lol did you really just ask me for my WoW creds? good job gatekeeping and trying to discredit my opinion by interpreting my comments as angry because I like swearing.

anyway yeah good job on ACTUALLY making me angry with this stupid fucking post.

everyone: complains about BFA all the time

me, a girl complaining about BFA and doing a swear: "hmm you seem angry are you sure you've actually played WoW"

fuck off

FloBoJo

Nov 5, 2017
Not sure why this first crossed my mind, but the Warfronts are different for the factions right? Is it as simple as a mirror of each other (Horde starts at Siva and works their way South in Darkshore for instance)?

As for the best zone I would have to say Tiragarde*. Mechagon had some cool bits (story/mechanics/quests) but the overall drab look and the longer time to get everything open lost a few points in my book. It gets big bonus points though for that first month or so with War Mode On. Nazjatar was a sight to behold and had a lot of cool niches, but the horrible bodyguard timegating (screw that meta achievement) and traversing on foot killed any shot at getting my vote.

*Only leveled Alliance; I can echo Zuldazar being least fave despite full of awesome dinosaurs.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
lol did you really just ask me for my WoW creds? good job gatekeeping and trying to discredit my opinion by interpreting my comments as angry because I like swearing.

anyway yeah good job on ACTUALLY making me angry with this stupid fucking post.

everyone: complains about BFA all the time

me, a girl complaining about BFA and doing a swear: "hmm you seem angry are you sure you've actually played WoW"

fuck off

First of all, no. Secondly, I'm legitmately curious where you stopped playing because BFA post 8.2 has turned it around in some areas and I was wondering where you stood with those changes.

You can play the gatekeeping card if you want but anyone here who knows me knows that I don't play that game and also support hearing multiple opinions and love to hear them. I know more women who play this game than I do men, anyway. I also never assumed your gender so, uh, maybe take it down a notch and try to respond to me like a human being, please.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
As a horde player I think Drustvar is awesome, at least the haunted forest area on the east side. It also has great music.

Drustvar is so fantastic and I really hope they continue to follow up with the lore they've teased there. I think Shadowlands will touch on it but it's legit some of the best story they put in this mediocre-at-best expansion.

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Hositlity Over Multiple Posts; Prior Bans for Hostility
First of all, no. Secondly, I'm legitmately curious where you stopped playing because BFA post 8.2 has turned it around in some areas and I was wondering where you stood with those changes.

You can play the gatekeeping card if you want but anyone here who knows me knows that I don't play that game and also support hearing multiple opinions and love to hear them. I know more women who play this game than I do men, anyway. I also never assumed your gender so, uh, maybe take it down a notch and try to respond to me like a human being, please.
"Did you even play much of BFA?" "You seem really angry"

"You can play the gatekeepting card if you want"

You are being an tone-policing asshole, plain and simple. Don't assume someone's tone from a fucking forum post because it has a swear. Whether you were trying to or not, you were being an asshole in asking me to justify my opinion, which isn't even uncommon. If you can't read that in your original post and this one, I have no interest in responding to you.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
"Did you even play much of BFA?" "You seem really angry"

"You can play the gatekeepting card if you want"

You are being an tone-policing asshole, plain and simple. Don't assume someone's tone from a fucking forum post because it has a swear. Whether you were trying to or not, you were being an asshole in asking me to justify my opinion, which isn't even uncommon. If you can't read that in your original post and this one, I have no interest in responding to you.

Okay. Have a good day!

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
communitypizzafire.gif

Well, hopefully we get some Alpha datamining this week, eh?

Eh?

Hixx

Oct 25, 2017
I read about that on MMO Champ's forums last week (and might have posted it in this thread I can't remember). It's probably bollocks but I hope not.

I need de-pruning deets asap.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I read about that on MMO Champ's forums last week (and might have posted it in this thread I can't remember). It's probably bollocks but I hope not.

I need de-pruning deets asap.

That and while I don't actively quest in Beta (unless there's separate stories for AvH) I love to explore. I want to see these zones and see how they're changing classes for sure. I think I get more excited about the weekly-ish updates more than I do actually beta testing, lol. There's a lot riding on SL (especially how you consider most people were pretty okay with Legion and anticipating BFA and we saw how that turned out with 8.0) so I hope they deliver. They have a lot to make up for.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I saved Drustvar for last only because it looked the least interesting and was blown away by how much I loved that zone by the time I was done. I'd love to see more of that old colonial horror vibe in the game. More covens somewhere or just the heartsbane in other places.

I ended up really digging all the alliance zones and have only seen the horde zones from that perspective. From what little I've seen, Voldun and Zuldazar seem to have interesting stories, and maybe Nazmir too but I'm not big on that zone's aesthetics. It'll be nice to have some context for things that went down though (looking at you Uldir) when I play through them on my horde paladin during the content drought.

Going back to Milo's point a bit ago: while I appreciate the teams trying new things I think the separate zone experiment was unsuccessful.
It led to too many times where the story didn't make sense or was just weak for one of the sides, or at least the alliance.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I saved Drustvar for last only because it looked the least interesting and was blown away by how much I loved that zone by the time I was done. I'd love to see more of that old colonial horror vibe in the game. More covens somewhere or just the heartsbane in other places.

I ended up really digging all the alliance zones and have only seen the horde zones from that perspective. From what little I've seen, Voldun and Zuldazar seem to have interesting stories, and maybe Nazmir too but I'm not big on that zone's aesthetics. It'll be nice to have some context for things that went down though (looking at you Uldir) when I play through them on my horde paladin during the content drought.

The lack of context was infuriating even as a horde main. Like oh hey the alliance is here.

I will say the questing experience as a whole was much better on an Alliance alt though. Boralus is also the better designed city, mechanically, even though I think Zuldazar looks better. Getting around that place without flying was far too much of a chore - I can't believe they didn't do more than just those silly "flight or run" totems. Mistake.

I think out of the Alliance zones my least favorite was Stormsong. I probably would have liked it more if they didn't shoehorn in Horde genocide and stuck to the original QUILBOAR EVERYWHERE that was planned. Even if Quilboar aren't the most engaging enemies, imo.

Last edited:

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
The lack on context was infuriating even as a horde main. Like oh hey the alliance is here.

I will say the questing experience as a whole was much better on an Alliance alt though. Boralus is also the better designed city, mechanically, even though I think Zuldazar looks better. Getting around that place without flying was far too much of a chore - I can't believe they didn't do more than just those silly "flight or run" totems. Mistake.

I leveled through a few Alliance toons before I switched to do some Horde. I couldn't believe they shoved Zuldazar on you guys. It's cool looking but so massively big with a ton of just useless space. And having to fly to the boat area?? (I know you get a second table) At least put a portal in for it. Horde definitely got the short end of the city and zone design.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I leveled through a few Alliance toons before I switched to do some Horde. I couldn't believe they shoved Zuldazar on you guys. It's cool looking but so massively big with a ton of just useless space. And having to fly to the boat area?? (I know you get a second table) At least put a portal in for it. Horde definitely got the short end of the city and zone design.

You don't get a second table without WORKING for it though. Putting it in the harbor was a huge mistake to begin with - only one of my characters have the extra table. I have 10+ 120s and have no desire to do anything past getting them to cap, lol. I could have so much gold if I just put in the work but I don't feel like it this go around.

It's like they couldn't decide if we should be in the harbor (for like the "naval fleet" stuff) or in the temple for the upcoming 8.1 nonsense. So all of our stuff got split between the two making traversal miserable.

I think this also wraps around to both sides having only three zones to level in. There's very little diversity in the experience. I'm curious how leveling in SL will work since Maw seems to be Max Level only but four zones are better than three and it could potentially feel fresher longer since alts can get the storylines of a different covenant. Hopefully, it's good in that regard.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

This is driving me CRAZY right now having to fly back and forth every time I want to queue for a Warfront or something. Really poor design.

I hope the Nexus or whatever we get in Shadowlands is Dalaran-esque in simplicity.

You don't get a second table without WORKING for it though. Putting it in the harbor was a huge mistake to begin with - only one of my characters have the extra table. I have 10+ 120s and have no desire to do anything past getting them to cap, lol. I could have so much gold if I just put in the work but I don't feel like it this go around.

It's like they couldn't decide if we should be in the harbor (for like the "naval fleet" stuff) or in the temple for the upcoming 8.1 nonsense. So all of our stuff got split between the two making traversal miserable.

I think this also wraps around to both sides having only three zones to level in. There's very little diversity in the experience. I'm curious how leveling in SL will work since Maw seems to be Max Level only but four zones are better than three and it could potentially feel fresher longer since alts can get the storylines of a different covenant. Hopefully, it's good in that regard.

Meh Legion had four zones to level in and then Suramar for the amazing max-level experience. Feels like they're essentially copying Legion in that regard which is GREAT.

www.wowhead.com

Shadowlands Zones Overview

Everything we know about the Shadowlands Zones - The Maw, Bastion, Maldraxxus, Ardenweald, Revendreth and the capital city, Oribos, The Eternal City.

I love how it's like a bunch of islands in space. Very Outlandy.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
The worst part of Boralus (pre-flight) was mis-timing the jump from the platform and getting stuck below. I do think the Horde storyline was so much better than the Alliance. So maybe it's a tie.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
This is driving me CRAZY right now having to fly back and forth every time I want to queue for a Warfront or something. Really poor design.

I hope the Nexus or whatever we get in Shadowlands is Dalaran-esque in simplicity.

Meh Legion had four zones to level in and then Suramar for the amazing max-level experience. Feels like they're essentially copying Legion in that regard which is GREAT.

www.wowhead.com

Everything we know about the Shadowlands Zones - The Maw, Bastion, Maldraxxus, Ardenweald, Revendreth and the capital city, Oribos, The Eternal City.

You're totally right. I completely forgot that Suramar was a max level experience lol. Probably because I only did it once!

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
You know what disappointed me about Drustvar? It was very apparent that the Drust were essentially a Pagan people who were colonized/pushed out by the Kul'Tirans. The story of Drustvar could have made a point that the Drust had a very good reason to retaliate against the Kul'Tirans and maybe Kul'Tiras should pay for the crimes it committed.

But nope. The story of Drustvar does the whole "witch hunt" thing completely straight and the Drust are evil Pagan worshipers who use Shadow magic.

It's a story of colonialism where the colonizers are right.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA

www.wowhead.com

Yeah, really interested in seeing Oribos, too.

It's been a long-ass time since we've had a new, shared "capital" city.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I will definitely not love loading screens or gryphon rides everytime I need to cross to another zone though

It could have that weird "skip" built-in like when you fly from the EK to Isle of Quel'danas except more seamless somehow. Unless the flightpaths are exclusive to each zone and they implement like... Argus-styled teleports. Who knows.

Give us beta so we can find out!

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think out of the Alliance zones my least favorite was Stormsong. I probably would have liked it more if they didn't shoehorn in Horde genocide and stuck to the original QUILBOAR EVERYWHERE that was planned. Even if Quilboar aren't the most engaging enemies, imo.

When I got to that city my mind went back to the "morally grey" statement made about both factions in the lead up to launch. They, uh... they really nailed that for the horde side. Stormsong looks beautiful and has great music but I agree it was the worst story. I also HATE Shrine of Storms. Like, I cannot possibly express how much a detest that place.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
It could have that weird "skip" built-in like when you fly from the EK to Isle of Quel'danas except more seamless somehow. Unless the flightpaths are exclusive to each zone and they implement like... Argus-styled teleports. Who knows.

Give us beta so we can find out!

Argus teleports were by far the best in game travel system.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It was probably inevitable that they started implementing load screens between zones, with how much unique art each area is going to have and how large they've been making new zones, the seamless transitions were going to hit an upper limit eventually.

Hopefully in this load screen dystopia we at least get something akin to Argus teleports, but I'm sure we'll just get another portal room.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Has Blizzard explicitly said they won't do another mount with AH capabilities? I'd like to get the long boi but I have a suspicion they might do another at some point, I just can't see them only letting one mount have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.