• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
I am getting back into retail and have been playing for that last month or so. What is a good website to track my characters quest progression and stuff for allied race unlocks and stuff?

wow head attunement tracker?

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I tried vessels on my own last night and failed twice due to stupid mistakes and what I considered to be overly punishing stuns so I just logged off for the evening and I watched Bob Appetit.

Not to derail the thread too much but I started watching them maybe a month ago and fell in love. I haven't fallen for a group of internet personalities this hard since Giant bomb in 2011.

I am getting back into retail and have been playing for that last month or so. What is a good website to track my characters quest progression and stuff for allied race unlocks and stuff?

wow head attunement tracker?
Yep.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I'm at that point in the expansion where I want to level alts but then I look at the cost to upgrade my heirlooms and the grind from 110-120 and I'm like EHHHHHH.

BeepBoop

Nov 24, 2019
I'm at that point in the expansion where I want to level alts but then I look at the cost to upgrade my heirlooms and the grind from 110-120 and I'm like EHHHHHH.

Is the next timewalking soon? The Burning Crusade one was giving like 2/3 to 3/4 of a level per all the way up to 120, while giving gear upgrades (at least 1 per run)

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of at the point that even though I have one of every class at 120, I might level another alt. I hit 400 mounts last night so that's the end of my significant mount grinds this expansion and the only other thing I'm working on is getting my Warrior's neck to 80 which I can probably hit tonight.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
So, yay, I got the new job! So psyched.
I've decided to be ridiculous and buy myself a long boi as a signing bonus (lmao). I'm fuckin 600k shy (FML) and Blizz won't let me buy more tokens this week, but I'm an impatient motherfucker.

FAVOR:
Is anyone willing to create an Alliance toon on Suramar (US), have me e-transfer them funds to buy 4 tokens, cash 'em in for gold, and then trade the gold to me in game? lmao

(I am super aware that I am part of the problem, lol)

Last edited:

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
I've decided to be ridiculous and buy myself a long boi as a signing bonus (lmao). I'm fuckin 600k shy (FML) and Blizz won't let me buy more tokens this week, but I'm an impatient motherfucker.

FAVOR:
Is anyone willing to create an Alliance toon on Suramar (US), have me e-transfer them funds to buy 4 tokens, cash 'em in for gold, and then trade the gold to me in game? lmao

If you still need this after I get home from work, sure lok

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Well the 8.3 burnout caught up to me, haven't played in almost 2 weeks. Gonna be so behind on the cloak since I'm now two upgrades behind. I did see the changes they made which is nice, hopefully I can get myself back into it in a month or so.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Well the 8.3 burnout caught up to me, haven't played in almost 2 weeks. Gonna be so behind on the cloak since I'm now two upgrades behind. I did see the changes they made which is nice, hopefully I can get myself back into it in a month or so.

You can get just about three vessels by doing all the assaults and minor vision. Orgrimmar is much more doable than SW for all four objectives so you should be able to catch up within a day or so really.

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

FAVOR:

Thank you for supporting Shadowlands development <3.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to find what should be a simple WeakAura, but am having trouble finding something that is complete.

I want my secondary stats displayed on-screen. However, as a Bear Tank, I can't seem to find anything that will also show my dodge. Or it will show ancillary things I don't care about, like leech.

This WeakAura looks to be perfect, as I can add/remove, but I don't understand the instructions on how to do so. I wound up tinkering with it for 10 minutes and had to give up.

Can anyone provide some help, either with a recommendation or to teach a dumb-dumb like me to configure the above WeakAura?

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
If you're banned from Classic, does that ban extend to retail and vice-versa? I would *expect* so, but I'm getting some odd claims from someone I'm vetting and I'm curious.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
So I'm watching the Shadowlands trailer again because I can't go two days without rewatching it and... Speculation time.

Sylvanas clearly dislikes what Icecrown represents but then she goes on about how a "usurper sits on a Frozen Throne" - now, upon first viewing, the trailer is intentionally misleading to make you think they're leading up to her becoming the Lich Queen (or whatever). But what if whomever the Jailer is wants to claim it as their own? Everyone's popular theory is that Sylvanas is gonna have a copy/paste of Illidan's redemption arc so what if this is what she's trying to stop? I guess the rationale behind all of it could be "I entered into this contract to save my life after seeing what awaited me in the afterlife" so she had to play along so to speak because, really, who in this world would believe anything she said since no one really ever gives her the time of day? We're gonna have to pretend that she wasn't actively helping Varian or even cursing Vol'jin for making her Warchief when she'd rather work in the shadows but with some retcons she will easily have "known the greatest evil was trying to break free."

And while she destroys the helm she says "This world is a prison and I will set us all free." This one is pretty obvious and the biggest hint that what we think we know we actually don't know. The question is how much is there to that line? What if something about our world -is- actually a prison? What if, to quote a famous saying, "something's not quite right" and she's trying to fix it. Of course, she wouldn't do this selflessly. I 100% think her endgame entails her freedom from eternal suffering/undeath. But whether this means she meets the true death or is in someway restored to life remains to be seen.

I 100% believe this will lead to a soft reboot and souls that have entered the maw will be restored to life - kinda like when the Blip in the MCU was reverted and people just showed back up. I honestly think that's the narrative endgame here.

Anyway, yeah yeah, she's a "bad character" and a "whore" and "deserves to die" etc - I've heard it all. I just needed to pass some time at work so I typed this up.

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm watching the Shadowlands trailer again because I can't go two days without rewatching it and... Speculation time.

Sylvanas clearly dislikes what Icecrown represents but then she goes on about how a "usurper sits on a Frozen Throne" - now, upon first viewing, the trailer is intentionally misleading to make you think they're leading up to her becoming the Lich Queen (or whatever). But what if whomever the Jailer is wants to claim it as their own? Everyone's popular theory is that Sylvanas is gonna have a copy/paste of Illidan's redemption arc so what if this is what she's trying to stop? I guess the rationale behind all of it could be "I entered into this contract to save my life after seeing what awaited me in the afterlife" so she had to play along so to speak because, really, who in this world would believe anything she said since no one really ever gives her the time of day? We're gonna have to pretend that she wasn't actively helping Varian or even cursing Vol'jin for making her Warchief when she'd rather work in the shadows but with some retcons she will easily have "known the greatest evil was trying to break free."

And while she destroys the helm she says "This world is a prison and I will set us all free." This one is pretty obvious and the biggest hint that what we think we know we actually don't know. The question is how much is there to that line? What if something about our world -is- actually a prison? What if, to quote a famous saying, "something's not quite right" and she's trying to fix it. Of course, she wouldn't do this selflessly. I 100% think her endgame entails her freedom from eternal suffering/undeath. But whether this means she meets the true death or is in someway restored to life remains to be seen.

I 100% believe this will lead to a soft reboot and souls that have entered the maw will be restored to life - kinda like when the Blip in the MCU was reverted and people just showed back up. I honestly think that's the narrative endgame here.

Anyway, yeah yeah, she's a "bad character" and a "whore" and "deserves to die" etc - I've heard it all. I just needed to pass some time at work so I typed this up.

If they do plan to redeem her, it almost certainly will be to stop everyone from going to the Maw, and the reason she killed so many before hand was to gather an "army" to help her defeat the Jailer. At least, this seems like the most likely redemption plot to me.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
Every time I see this thread at the top of my Watched list, I expect the surprise alpha release. :c

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sylvanas isn't a bad character, she was just written badly between BfA and the lead-in novel. That being said, I've a soft spot for her as she was one of the first Warcraft characters I knew but I admit, I'm a bit tired of how slowly her story has been moving and am not super excited about that part of Shadowlands. Hopefully that changes as we get closer and learn more. I'm not against her being restored to life necessarily but I don't know how you handle that after Teldrassil. Even if all those people are brought back and we learn it was for the greater good, it's a hard thing to pull off.

But yes, SL is definitely a setup to bring people back (and perhaps a time jump for the world). And despite him being by far my favorite character, I fear Arthas is a prime candidate.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
carlsojo A guildie popped up and fronted me some gold. I'm good! BEHOLD:

LONGBOI.png

I know it's such a ridiculous extravagance, but fuck, I get off on AH shenanigans, and like the idea of being able to help my friends/guildies out by offering everyone around me the convenience. And also, it's this weird (also extravagant) tradition of mine to congratulate myself whenever I get a new job by buying myself a gift. The last couple jobs were a new suit, a piece of beautifully framed art (official Blizzcon art actually), and going way back, my first iPad. It's always a physical object. The novelty of the tradition for me is that every time I use or look at the object, I think of the pride I felt at landing that job.

I'm a lucky guy these days and couldn't think of a possession I need or want right this moment, so I thought, fuck it, let me get this convenient digital toy I'm going to end up looking at a LOT for the rest of my WoW career, and let me smile every time I see it, triggering pride in the killer job I just landed.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

LONGBOI.png

I know it's such a ridiculous extravagance, but fuck, I get off on AH shenanigans, and like the idea of being able to help my friends/guildies out by offering everyone around me the convenience. And also, it's this weird (also extravagant) tradition of mine to congratulate myself whenever I get a new job by buying myself a gift. The last couple jobs were a new suit, a piece of beautifully framed art (official Blizzcon art actually), and going way back, my first iPad. It's always a physical object. The novelty of the tradition for me is that every time I use or look at the object, I think of the pride I felt at landing that job.

I'm a lucky guy these days and couldn't think of a possession I need or want right this moment, so I thought, fuck it, let me get this convenient digital toy I'm going to end up looking at a LOT for the rest of my WoW career, and let me smile every time I see it, triggering pride in the killer job I just landed.

Damn dude, congrats!!

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird seeing people cluster around you when you pop it out.

And then they run around all confused and shit as soon as you dismount. lol. Fuck.

Mikoby

Oct 28, 2017

LONGBOI.png

Congrats! Don't forget to /mountspecial ;)

Codosbuya

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

LONGBOI.png

Its so beatiful. I bought 2 Brutosaurs, one for me and another for my S.O who has no idea how to make gold. Lets see what gold sink mount gets introduced in Shadowlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.