• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Sweet. There's a lot of DH transmog I want to get. Anyone know how much is soloable at this point?
Emerald Nightmare, Nighthold and Tomb are completely soloable on Normal/Heroic. Technically mythic as well, but they can still beat you up pretty hard if you're solo.

Trial of Valor and Antorus aren't (at least, not completely or easily), because there's still bosses that require targets separate or multiple targets so you don't get stunlocked or trapped in endless combat.

I've seen strats for Trial of Valor that involve heavy movement so you might be able to swing it if you're willing to put up with some frustration. Hymdall and Hyrja are the only things that are actually a challenge solo.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Emerald Nightmare, Nighthold and Tomb are completely soloable on Normal/Heroic. Technically mythic as well, but they can still beat you up pretty hard if you're solo.

Trial of Valor and Antorus aren't (at least, not completely), because there's still bosses that require targets separate or multiple targets so you don't get stunlocked or trapped in endless combat.
Mythic Nighthold I can't seem to beat solo. I can get up to the one boss in the circle area, but he kicks my ass.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Great change. I didn't realize you could solo normal and heroic raids through Tomb right now. Awesome!
They should have taken this opportunity to remove Relics from loot tables imo.

Deleted member 63832

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 14, 2020
Did a full clear with 1 mask today. Feel like I might need to gear more for a 2-3 mask clear. Not gonna lie, the madnesses are annoying.

How far along are you in Mother's talent tree for it? I feel like those have a big impact on how much more manageable these become.

Some classes/specs have a much easier time there too, its kinda unfair hah.

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
How far along are you in Mother's talent tree for it? I feel like those have a big impact on how much more manageable these become.

Some classes/specs have a much easier time there too, its kinda unfair hah.
Arms, 458 ilvl, got the Gift of the Titans. Just need to fill out a few more talents. I'm pretty sure I could do it if I tried--brought pots and a flask and planned out a route--but it seems like it'd just be annoying.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Lol login my 74 monk last night with heirlooms and monk XP buff. Proceed to level from 74-81 in 90 minutes. Just bonkers. I also forgot how much fun the Monk is, it's been years.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Monks are the best class mechanically in the game across all three specs and have been since MOP

people just hate the aesthetics. or play ranged.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would relax the transmog restrictions when collecting loot. Why can't I take my Warrior in and just steamroll the place so I can unlock every single armor and weapon? Gear sets I understand since they're bound to classes but I can equip damn near everything on him already. Yet I still have to run it on multiple characters just so I can have a chance to get the same things.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I wish they would relax the transmog restrictions when collecting loot. Why can't I take my Warrior in and just steamroll the place so I can unlock every single armor and weapon? Gear sets I understand since they're bound to classes but I can equip damn near everything on him already. Yet I still have to run it on multiple characters just so I can have a chance to get the same things.

because it's just another time sink to keep you subbed. I know people who've literally filled gaps between expansions doing mog runs instead of content. And Blizzard knows there's more like them out there lol.

Chromax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I took a break shortly after this expansion came out. With the expansion now coming to an end, did they release the limited challenge contents for transmogs similar to mage tower and the challenge dungeons from before?

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017

If they did that, then everyone would use their Warrior alt to farm transmog. They're already the best class for farming weapons. :P

If they did that, they would have to let all classes collect all armor types. And it's kind of weird if I've been farming transmog on a Mage for years, and then I decide to start a Hunter one day...and I automatically have a ton of Mail / bow / weapon transmogs that I've never even paid attention to before.

I took a break shortly after this expansion came out. With the expansion now coming to an end, did they release the limited challenge contents for transmogs similar to mage tower and the challenge dungeons from before?

There's a limited availability mount this patch (from doing every M+ dungeon at 15 or higher). I can't think of any transmog that we know is limited though.

If I'm misunderstanding your question and you're asking if you can now get the Mage Tower / Challenge Mode transmog from previous expansions, the answer is no. :D

Deleted member 63832

Banned
Feb 14, 2020
Arms, 458 ilvl, got the Gift of the Titans. Just need to fill out a few more talents. I'm pretty sure I could do it if I tried--brought pots and a flask and planned out a route--but it seems like it'd just be annoying.

Oh for sure consumables help a ton.

5 masks basically requires you to use dps pots almost on cooldown, even with good raid gear for many classes.

If you use consumables I think you can get 2 or 3 marks done, just avoid the mask that cuts your sanity by half.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck, it hasn't really occurred to me to think about consumables in Vision runs in awhile. That'll help. lol

Damn, Sanity food is 'spensive.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I'm feeling really down in the dumps about BFA and specifically me as a player. I have to figure out what I can do to correct it.

It's probably all the excessive anxiety from COVID adding to my normal "performance anxiety" but I'm definitely in a dark place in regard to my abilities to do content and not ruin other people's experiences. The reason I run a heroic only guild is to give people who don't want hardcore experiences to have a place to play with like minded players but lately I've just felt like a complete burden and a 100% awful player/tank/guild leader. I feel like a failure. All the time. And the shittier part is that I like tanking. Raids, specifically, but I loathe M+ (a complete opposite of Legion) because every BFA dungeon sucks IMO and I hate how M+ is nothing but a jack off race to finish as quickly as possible to be viable content for the invitationals. I feel like I bring everyone in my group down and that I'm annoying as shit and people would rather I didn't sign on at all. I just wish I could "git gud" so to speak.

Sorry to unload my somewhat personal issues here. I don't really have anywhere to vent WoW concerns. Some of my guild mates are in this thread and I just need to point out that this isn't about any of them - it's all in me and my shortcomings. I'm just feeling so depressed about being a shitty player right now.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I'm feeling really down in the dumps about BFA and specifically me as a player. I have to figure out what I can do to correct it.

It's probably all the excessive anxiety from COVID adding to my normal "performance anxiety" but I'm definitely in a dark place in regard to my abilities to do content and not ruin other people's experiences. The reason I run a heroic only guild is to give people who don't want hardcore experiences to have a place to play with like minded players but lately I've just felt like a complete burden and a 100% awful player/tank/guild leader. I feel like a failure. All the time. And the shittier part is that I like tanking. Raids, specifically, but I loathe M+ (a complete opposite of Legion) because every BFA dungeon sucks IMO and I hate how M+ is nothing but a jack off race to finish as quickly as possible to be viable content for the invitationals. I feel like I bring everyone in my group down and that I'm annoying as shit and people would rather I didn't sign on at all. I just wish I could "git gud" so to speak.

Sorry to unload my somewhat personal issues here. I don't really have anywhere to vent WoW concerns. Some of my guild mates are in this thread and I just need to point out that this isn't about any of them - it's all in me and my shortcomings. I'm just feeling so depressed about being a shitty player right now.

Aw dude -- I don't think we've even had a chance to play together once yet, and I know all of this can't be real. (not your feelings, but what you fear about your skill levels). Don't beat yourself up so much! But dude, I also totally hear you on how the COVID scenario is magnifying and amplifying other latent mental health stuff. My typical anxieties and depressive moodswings are twice the burden they used to be.

I'm damn near positive no one else in the guild thinks you're 'not up to par', and you've done such a great job of bringing several fun personalities and like-minded players together. Take pride in that!

Maybe the best thing is to take a short break from the game? Or play different kinds of content that isn't ultra-competitive and tough?

I also feel I'm not up to scratch sometimes in general, especially when DPSing. I never quite reach my theoretical raidbots/topgear dps that I'm supposed to be at for my gear. (I'm usually 5-15% lower) I still mop up in most groups though, and I'm happy with that.

Oct 25, 2017
We are going to experience Illdans story, I am sure this version will be cannon. All past descriptions including legion will be set aside for the real deal.

unknown.png

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Are you EU? I'm NA and it's in Vol'dun. 'Bubbling Totem Testing'
I was actually looking at alliance characters (who don't get that world quest), and it's so low level that I didn't even notice on my horde characters.

on a related note, i can't wait for shadowlands to finally fuck off with these faction exclusive quests and emissaries

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Aw dude -- I don't think we've even had a chance to play together once yet, and I know all of this can't be real. (not your feelings, but what you fear about your skill levels). Don't beat yourself up so much! But dude, I also totally hear you on how the COVID scenario is magnifying and amplifying other latent mental health stuff. My typical anxieties and depressive moodswings are twice the burden they used to be.

I'm damn near positive no one else in the guild thinks you're 'not up to par', and you've done such a great job of bringing several fun personalities and like-minded players together. Take pride in that!

Maybe the best thing is to take a short break from the game? Or play different kinds of content that isn't ultra-competitive and tough?

I also feel I'm not up to scratch sometimes in general, especially when DPSing. I never quite reach my theoretical raidbots/topgear dps that I'm supposed to be at for my gear. (I'm usually 5-15% lower) I still mop up in most groups though, and I'm happy with that.

Thanks dude. I was just have a mini breakdown - most definitely stress and anxiety related. The past few weeks have been tough.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I must say, I much prefer the Alliance Garrison look, it is so much cooler.

Also, I wish we could have designed it with buldings from our own races, like if I was a tauren the garrison would look Taurenish and etc.

I bit of a hit and miss with that stuff.

And I remember when Blizz said you could plant your garrison anywhere you wanted.

I think it was WoW, or maybe some other game.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks dude. I was just have a mini breakdown - most definitely stress and anxiety related. The past few weeks have been tough.
Hell yeah. Same here. For me, WoW's been a huge coping mechanism, actually. It's been great to have the game during this inside-time. And the recent alt perks and changes, including the big levelling boost have been a huge boon.

I'm zeroing in on all 12 classes capped. So close! Haha.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
Did a 5 mask with 2 orbs and cheat death remaining. Then hopped on to my mage with a level 7 cloak and completely misjudged how quickly sanity drains after mostly playing on characters with 13+ the past few weeks.

Last edited:

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I take it with the new level cap being 60 all max level characters gets lowered to 50 so we get the experience the Shadowlands content?

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I mentioned something along these lines a few days ago I think. I and others in my guild have started to not play as much due to everything going on affecting our moods. In fact, Thursday my guild leader asked me what FFXIV server I'm on and now 6 people from the guild are playing that just for something else to do. As Magnus said, maybe try some different content or even a different game here and there to see if that helps.

Also, I deal with some anxiety and depression and forgive me for presuming but it sounds like you deal with mental health issues as well. I only mention this because, as I feel you're probably aware, we can get into our own heads and make things seem worse than they are. Which is to say, I'd find it pretty doubtful you are a bad player or ruining others' fun like you think you are. I'm really sorry you're having a rough time but maybe try to ignore those doubts and negative thoughts and remember you're a pretty cool dude who has made a really fun environment people like participating in (which means they like interacting with you too!) twice a week. This is much easier said than done but and perhaps not super helpful but, at least for me it's helpful to be reminded of this from time to time.

And if you ever need to vent more in a more private space, please feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm always happy to try and listen and support people dealing with rough times.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
Little Rumor is that there might be a new classss, and that's why it's taking much longer than normal.

clips.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I'm skeptical considering they've already denied there being any new classes and those are always HUGE selling points that they would be announcing alongside the expansion, but maybe they figured they really needed a hook.

B-Dubs

On Break
Oct 25, 2017
They'd have mentioned a new class at blizzcon. What would they even pick at this point? What's left?

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I came back to fuck around during "shelter in place" and I can't seem to add time to my account, it's not working. My buddy can't gift me a token either.

Only Blizzard could fuck up me literally trying to give them money.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
That's Preach. He's a pretty prominent WoW Youtuber. Imagine a much louder and more sensational Bellular.
oh god, no thanks, I'm fine.
I tried watching Bellular's latest video and I was so turned off. I don't like his speaking style at all, and found most of what he was saying to be hollow and insubstantial, too. =/

MHWilliams

Oct 25, 2017
oh god, no thanks, I'm fine.
I tried watching Bellular's latest video and I was so turned off. I don't like his speaking style at all, and found most of what he was saying to be hollow and insubstantial, too. =/

Yeah, Bellular started off well, but in trying to keep consistent with video releases and visibility, he's prone to grabbing at scraps and trying to make as full video out of it. He's also gotten a bit more sensational as time has gone on. Which I will say is a fault of the YT algorithm, but it's offputting regardless. So I haven't watched his videos in some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.