• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cartographer

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Bellular started off well, but in trying to keep consistent with video releases and visibility, he's prone to grabbing at scraps and trying to make as full video out of it. He's also gotten a bit more sensational as time has gone on. Which I will say is a fault of the YT algorithm, but it's offputting regardless. So I haven't watched his videos in some time.
Yeah, every Bellular video could be 5 minutes max, more often 1-2 minutes, but gotta go 10-15 minimum for YouTube these days.

edit: I doubt there's a new class. I think given how little they had to show and talk about with Shadowlands at Blizzcon that it was probably in a much earlier state of development than BFA at a similar time, but I'd imagine a new class would be such a building block of a new expansion that it would have been part of even the earliest plans.

Also I don't think Preach is at all like Bellular, and definitely not louder. I don't watch much of him either, but he's not trying to make a video about every topic. For the most part Preach makes videos for a very small section of the player base and occasionally has broader videos. He's also much more knowledgeable than Bellular.

Last edited:

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What drove me away from Bellular eventually was both the sensationalism and the way he acted like he knew exactly how Blizzard should develop and run the game. He'd mention how he's making a game too and this or that should happen, like making a small indie game is at all comparable to something with the scope of WoW.

The main WoW personality I like anymore is Hazzel, and the woman someone posted about here a week ago or so has been pretty good too thus far.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I am excited for Legacy drop rules going into effect today for Legion! I WANT MY SPAULDERS OFF XAVIUS!

(Q: Can the same toon get loot off Heroic and Mythic versions of a raid in the same week under Legacy raid rules?)

I don't like any WoW personalities at this point in time. Kelani is okay but his voice puts me to sleep.

I fell in love hard with Taliesen and Evitel when I discovered them late last year. I legit lol during those vids. Dude is hilarious and smart AF.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
I am excited for Legacy drop rules going into effect today for Legion! I WANT MY SPAULDERS OFF XAVIUS!

(Q: Can the same toon get loot off Heroic and Mythic versions of a raid in the same week under Legacy raid rules?)
Each difficulty has its own loot lockout, though some quest objectives only count the first kill of the week (for stuff like the Balance of Power questline or the old legendary quests).

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I fell in love hard with Taliesen and Evitel when I discovered them late last year. I legit lol during those vids. Dude is hilarious and smart AF.

I cannot stand them either, lol. Incredibly hard pass.

I mentioned something along these lines a few days ago I think. I and others in my guild have started to not play as much due to everything going on affecting our moods. In fact, Thursday my guild leader asked me what FFXIV server I'm on and now 6 people from the guild are playing that just for something else to do. As Magnus said, maybe try some different content or even a different game here and there to see if that helps.

Also, I deal with some anxiety and depression and forgive me for presuming but it sounds like you deal with mental health issues as well. I only mention this because, as I feel you're probably aware, we can get into our own heads and make things seem worse than they are. Which is to say, I'd find it pretty doubtful you are a bad player or ruining others' fun like you think you are. I'm really sorry you're having a rough time but maybe try to ignore those doubts and negative thoughts and remember you're a pretty cool dude who has made a really fun environment people like participating in (which means they like interacting with you too!) twice a week. This is much easier said than done but and perhaps not super helpful but, at least for me it's helpful to be reminded of this from time to time.

And if you ever need to vent more in a more private space, please feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm always happy to try and listen and support people dealing with rough times.

Thanks. I have a major anxiety disorder and mild depression and, while I support people getting help and medication and stuff, I constantly punish myself as if I'm supposed to be able to deal with whatever comes my way because others have it far worse than I do. I would never say something like that to someone else but it's like I have depression and anxiety themed imposter syndrome. It's just terrible.

Anyway, welcome to World of Warcraft: Therapy.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
www.wowhead.com

8.3.5 PTR Build 33841: Gift of N'Zoth Rewards (Character Customization/Pepe), War Campaign Cosmetics, Surfboard Mounts

There's an 8.3.5 PTR after all and we're kicking off datamining discoveries with some exciting finds! We're finally getting rewards for holding onto the Gift of N'Zoth, including character customization options, and we've also discovered summer promotion Surfboard mounts and and cosmetic rewards...

!!!!

If that's an April Fools I'm going to kill Perculia.

EDIT: And it absolutely is because no other WoW site has put up anything for a 8.3.5 PTR.

Why do people insist on doing April Fools like this? The Overwatch googly eyes are funny. This is just disappointing realizing it's not real.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I am sort of interested in raiding but a friend of mine who I raid with in Classic told me all the things that I should acquire before entering mythic raiding and its just way too much.

Why can't I just worry about gear, why do I have to worry about corruption, and Heart of Azeroth level, and essences, and Azerite traits, and legendary cloak rank

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
www.wowhead.com

8.3.5 PTR Build 33841: Gift of N'Zoth Rewards (Character Customization/Pepe), War Campaign Cosmetics, Surfboard Mounts

There's an 8.3.5 PTR after all and we're kicking off datamining discoveries with some exciting finds! We're finally getting rewards for holding onto the Gift of N'Zoth, including character customization options, and we've also discovered summer promotion Surfboard mounts and and cosmetic rewards...

!!!!

Edit: forgot what day it was
I just saw this right now and then the date dawned on me.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
www.wowhead.com

!!!!

Edit: forgot what day it was
Fuck I thought this was all real. Because it's not funny. It's just...good stuff that should actually happen. So this is a WoWhead April fool's?

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, its a very weird April Fools because it all sounds completely reasonable and decent? None of it affects the game in a major way but is just nice stuff for people to have / do?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Its an actual series of mounts in Heroes of the Storm so wouldnt be a surprise at all.
The main difference now is that this wouldn't be part of an 8.3.5 datamine if it were part of some summer cross promotion with HOTS, since they can add promotional mounts and pets into the game with small client side patches (and that's how they've been doing this with the last few store and promotion mounts). Being datamined as part of a hypothetical 8.3.5 would be unusual, to say the least.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As someone that's held on to the Gift the actual giveaway was rewards for keeping the Gift =P

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
rembermemer that Pandaren was a april joke

Cataclysm also a joke

Death Knights

all april fools by Blizz turns out to be real

just wait

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
The Wowhead April Fools stuff is actual stuff that would be neat and fun additions to the game so obviously anything resembling them will never happen lol. I want a surfboard now dammit.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Damn, now I want Mechatauren

latest

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
"Tortollan scribes are so very tired of watching you stumble around, that their standards have been lowered by 90%. Draw whatever shape you want. Go nuts. Just finish and get out of here."

lol

"
Hunter
  • Beast Mastery Hunters whose pets do 70% or more of the player's total damage are now given a comfy bench to sit on during fights."

lol

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Decided to finally start farming old mounts I ignored for so long. Got the 2 missing Warbringer mounts and the Poseidus mount I refused to buy after only a couple of hours today. Warmode on makes this shit easy peasy, never anyone around. Aeonaxx next, haha......

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It's really got nothing that can surprise you, it just demands near perfect execution in the mindscapes (especially the Deathwing one).

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I... don't hate the N'Zoth fight?
Doing it on LFR was a horrible experience. I finally got the kill once after hitting ten stacks on multiple groups and decided it's simply not worth it to do again. Anything I do in WoW until Shadowlands will be Visions related, which is fine I guess - frees me up to complete other games I've neglected. Argus was a much better fight in LFR and I didn't mind doing that one over and over again. Oh how i miss Legion :(

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Doing it on LFR was a horrible experience. I finally got the kill once after hitting ten stacks on multiple groups and decided it's simply not worth it to do again. Anything I do in WoW until Shadowlands will be Visions related, which is fine I guess - frees me up to complete other games I've neglected.

I've refused to do LFR since WoD and my life has been better for it.

LFR was a good idea at one point but I think it has outlived its usefulness. Elitist players go in there to yell at people who should be in there learning, players don't do anything they're supposed to which is (should be) minimal already, and Blizzard doesn't seem to know how to balance LFR fights around players who DO NOT CARE enough to even learn the bare minimum to complete a fight in a group environment.

That's not even taking into account the fact that players can only communicate via text, people who get tired of waiting and pull when -they're- ready, or people queueing for wrong roles. Let it die.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
it's just kinda there so far. Like BFA in general.
That's about how I feel about it, though the difficulty spike in the mindscapes is a bit much. That's the only part of the fight thatt gives my guild trouble.. It's just not balance super well, it goes faceroll > oh god we're dying . super faceroll.

For me BoD was the peak of the expansion. I absolutely love the Rastakhan fight. It had a weight or feel to it, like this is some important shit going down and everyone involved is giving their all at all times. And I always felt accomplished when it was done, whereas N'zoth is just kinda "okay, whatever." when it's done.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
That's about how I feel about it, though the difficulty spike in the mindscapes is a bit much. That's the only part of the fight thatt gives my guild trouble.. It's just not balance super well, it goes faceroll > oh god we're dying . super faceroll.

For me BoD was the peak of the expansion. I absolutely love the Rastakhan fight. It had a weight or feel to it, like this is some important shit going down and everyone involved is giving their all at all times. And I always felt accomplished when it was done, whereas N'zoth is just kinda "okay, whatever." when it's done.

Everyone I've talked to has said that P2 is the shittiest part of the fight for the exact same reasons as everyone here. Like, it's just a perfect execution phase - which I won't go deep into my thoughts about that stuff but save that shit for Mythic. Let my filthy casual ass have some leeway in N and H. Fuck.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
At least on normal you can send the same group off heavy hitters down both times. We've killed him I twice now but are still struggling whenever we get to him. It feels like it will still be a good while before we have him on farm whereas we blow through the rest of the raid now.

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
At least on normal you can send the same group off heavy hitters down both times. We've killed him I twice now but are still struggling whenever we get to him. It feels like it will still be a good while before we have him on farm whereas we blow through the rest of the raid now.

Yeah, even our wall this raid, Vexiona, went down with little fuss the next time we went after her. N'zoth seems less intense overall but P2 seems like a nightmare. Which is appropriate, I guess. That said, for our first attempt it was very good. We'll do more on Sunday and see how that goes.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, even our wall this raid, Vexiona, went down with little fuss the next time we went after her. N'zoth seems less intense overall but P2 seems like a nightmare. Which is appropriate, I guess. That said, for our first attempt it was very good. We'll do more on Sunday and see how that goes.

I've no doubt you'll get him down soon. It sounds like you've created a pretty good little guild over there. It's quite impressive...

for a goblin.

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
I've refused to do LFR since WoD and my life has been better for it.

LFR was a good idea at one point but I think it has outlived its usefulness. Elitist players go in there to yell at people who should be in there learning, players don't do anything they're supposed to which is (should be) minimal already, and Blizzard doesn't seem to know how to balance LFR fights around players who DO NOT CARE enough to even learn the bare minimum to complete a fight in a group environment.

That's not even taking into account the fact that players can only communicate via text, people who get tired of waiting and pull when -they're- ready, or people queueing for wrong roles. Let it die.

I've actually grown to kind of like LFR. Like the second N'zoth fight is way too hard for it and explaining to people how to use their Hearts and go into the Mindscapes means that it really isn't worth the time to kill him there, but the rest of the raid is pretty fun on it imo. For the most part, raid mechanics are intuitive enough that even new players can stumble their way through a fight, and there are normally enough experienced players to cover any mechanics that need to be done (like orbs on G'huun or whatever).

I actually probably do LFR more than I think I do. I've done all of the BFA LFR raids for various alts, and I ran Antorus LFR a ton to prep my characters for Mage Towers. There are sometimes bosses where you need to be a little more hands-on with people (I recall, for Coven of Shivan, I made macros explaining every Titan phase and would spam them in /rw before the next phase came up), but on the whole I can't remember the last time I had a bad experience in there. It's very different than normal raiding for sure, but once you accept that it I actually find it kind of fun!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.