• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017

Let's do this. Sounds like a nice, clean sweep to wrap up a plotline that people mostly disliked and move the focus to the future.

Might actually not be anything too important, per the main dataminer dude at mmochamp:

After WoWHead newsed the cinematic lengths someone pointed out they are very close in runtime to the already released Saurfang cinematics. Don't get your hopes up.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
This is the first thing I thought of when I saw the recruit a friend thing. I still may just pay cash for it. I have the gold.

erpt44hyx7m31.png

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
It could just be encrypted because it's SOP for PTR cinematics. That could just be how the tools package them until a retail release.

Perhaps but I still don't think they are those cinematics. Someone on Wowhead mentioned that in game the cinematics would lose the Blizzard intro type stuff which lowers them to lower than these times anyway. I also can't imagine the storyline ending with no new cinematics.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps but I still don't think they are those cinematics. Someone on Wowhead mentioned that in game the cinematics would lose the Blizzard intro type stuff which lowers them to lower than these times anyway. I also can't imagine the storyline ending with no new cinematics.

They probably just want to add those cinematics as viewable in-game once the war campaign story is wrapped up and Saurfang probably dies. A sort of "click here to see the past" thing that they have done before.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
got the all familiar "wow itch" and kinda feel like resubbing to continue lvling my KT shaman, I was liking elemental a few months ago when my sub ran out (I think I left him at like... 60s? I know I was in northrend. But I fear that, most likely scenario is, getting bored again after 2 days (if that) and wasting 13€, especially with Link's Awakening out in 7 days mweh.

Mweh I say!

And no, Classic is not an option, get the fuck out of here with that insanity :P

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
got the all familiar "wow itch" and kinda feel like resubbing to continue lvling my KT shaman, I was liking elemental a few months ago when my sub ran out (I think I left him at like... 60s? I know I was in northrend. But I fear that, most likely scenario is, getting bored again after 2 days (if that) and wasting 13€, especially with Link's Awakening out in 7 days mweh.

Mweh I say!

And no, Classic is not an option, get the fuck out of here with that insanity :P

Play with friends, that keeps me playing MMOs much longer.

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
All the people I knew that played WoW have long stopped playing, I'm the only one that still comes back every xpac

Ah, yeah, that's what kept me away from WoW for so long. I was so surprised at how many of my friends got into classic. Hoping to transition at least 1 of them to retail WoW cause I'd like to play it again a bit.

Rokam

Oct 29, 2017
At this point I'm starting to think my character is bugged, I've bought 4 Azerite Shoulder pieces with Titan Residuum and all 4 have been the same shitty piece. Worst luck ever.

Spookie

Oct 28, 2017
Wirral, UK
So as someone who has had their interest in the game reignited due to classic. I've not played properly since Wrath, I did a bit of Cata but quit shortly after cap and changing my UD Mage to a Goblin. Is there any recaps in lore or crash courses in what has chang-- HOLY SHIT WHERE ARE THE FUCKING TALENT TREES?!

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Yeah talent trees have been heavily simplified since then. I don't mind it, but I sometimes miss hybrid speccing.

Overall I think it makes each individual spec seem more defined with it's own quirks and playstyle.

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
Do you guys know when does the current pvp season end?

I wanted to get the mount, but I'm only at 10% and I have 1500 cr on v2. I don't know if it's still possible to get it if I do like 5-10% a week untill the end of season.

I wanted to farm it on rbg like the first season, but it's way harder to find a good group now :/

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
So as someone who has had their interest in the game reignited due to classic. I've not played properly since Wrath, I did a bit of Cata but quit shortly after cap and changing my UD Mage to a Goblin. Is there any recaps in lore or crash courses in what has chang-- HOLY SHIT WHERE ARE THE FUCKING TALENT TREES?!
They're not even real trees anymore, which is the most jarring change. Every spec gets talent choices and most of them have at least situational usefulness, so there's some real choice now, when by Cata the trees only had a couple of viable builds, at best.

Does kill the sense of progression for leveling, though.

Spookie

Oct 28, 2017
Wirral, UK
They're not even real trees anymore, which is the most jarring change. Every spec gets talent choices and most of them have at least situational usefulness, so there's some real choice now, when by Cata the trees only had a couple of viable builds, at best.

Does kill the sense of progression for leveling, though.

So weird. Still, that sounds cool at least. Having missed a bunch of content is there any place that provides a good jumping in point after such a long break?

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
So weird. Still, that sounds cool at least. Having missed a bunch of content is there any place that provides a good jumping in point after such a long break?

8.2.5 is launching a feature that allows higher level players to scale down to play with low-level characters.

Blizzard also stated in surveys that a level squish is coming next expansion (and the feature will probably launch before the expansion's released).

One of the problems right now is that there's so many levels (120) that you aren't going to get anything to progress your character most time you level up.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the war campaign finale stuff is actually available and not being timegated for the next month or so, but I'm probably going to be disappointed.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You will do a handful of quests a week for a month or two and you will like it

how else are they gonna keep people subbed?

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw the crab mount from Naz. I wasn't farming it when I was still subbed, but I probably have a decent chunk done except that 13 week (lol) grind. Anyone doing the crab?

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
"Increased the size of the visual indicating where a player will resurrect after accepting a resurrection during combat."

...this was a thing? lol

data west

Oct 25, 2017
New Raids: Memories of Azeroth
Chromie has separated the strands of time, allowing you to go back and relive epic raid encounters from Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm. Each of these limited-time raids will feature three iconic bosses, and they'll be available as their own wings through the Raid Finder.

To enter the raid, you need a minimum item level of 380. Players who complete all three wings will receive the achievement Memories of Fel, Frost and Fire which grants the Obsidian Worldbreaker, a Black Dragonflight mount inspired by Deathwing.

glad it's not like having to go through the whole thing at once like LFR MC was

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
So my friends pushed me over and I installed and played the free trial. I'm at level 16 (Troll Warlock) and just did my first dungeon and some pvp as well. I am surprised how much I am enjoying the game. My concern though is the hotbars. MMOs has always given me much issue in playing well with a keyboard (This is why I love FFXIV controller support). My buddies swear that I won't be using a lot of keys to play the game and a lot of them are just situational. Is this correct? I'm only level 16 and I fear once I go to higher level stuff, I'll be overwhelmed and won't be able to play this game efficiently.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So my friends pushed me over and I installed and played the free trial. I'm at level 16 (Troll Warlock) and just did my first dungeon and some pvp as well. I am surprised how much I am enjoying the game. My concern though is the hotbars. MMOs has always given me much issue in playing well with a keyboard (This is why I love FFXIV controller support). My buddies swear that I won't be using a lot of keys to play the game and a lot of them are just situational. Is this correct? I'm only level 16 and I fear once I go to higher level stuff, I'll be overwhelmed and won't be able to play this game efficiently.
There are a fair amount of abilities but they're rolled out pretty gradually and your core rotation is usually no more than like 5 buttons at most, so I think you'll be fine. It can be a bit of a pain to remember where your situational cooldowns that you don't use as much are, but since you don't need them often unless you start getting into higher-end content it's not that big a deal.

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
I promise I'm not TOTALLY a Classic-hating shit-head, but seeing these convos start to happen with friends is funny

lolclassic.png

OP
OP
Prophet Five

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
WoWScrnShot_091819_193811.jpg

lol, I just got the Royal Snapdragon from my Unshackled paragon chest along with rank 4 of Aegis of the Deep and the Flopping Fish toy.

All I want rn is Worldvein rank 4 tho.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I promise I'm not TOTALLY a Classic-hating shit-head, but seeing these convos start to happen with friends is funny

lolclassic.png

To be fair, I'm the same way. Got to the end of Tirisfal Glades and had to stop. The questing is just so badly designed.

I like the social and atmospheric aspects of Classic, but not much else.

Zastava

Feb 19, 2018
London

lolclassic.png
My guild has also had a couple of resubs from people who came back for classic and then after 20 levels missed all the quality of life. Though it balances out cause we've lost a couple people to classic too.

Spookie

Oct 28, 2017
Wirral, UK
My guild has also had a couple of resubs from people who came back for classic and then after 20 levels missed all the quality of life. Though it balances out cause we've lost a couple people to classic too.

As someone who has never experienced all the quality of life improvements- logging in today to see the changes is huge and the game feels much more approachable... However- Jesus fucking titty Christ I'd forgotten how many grinds, currencies, reps etc were introduced just up to the point I quit. This isn't including the recent editions I missed. It's completely overwhelming and intimidating.

I lement the loss of a 'community' on the server you played on- knowing who was who. That mage who made your life a misery in PvP or that tank who helped you with your class quest 20 levels ago. But being level 41 on classic at the moment it's fucking tedious. The quests are incredibly shit in comparison to even TBC, spawns are slow and drops are awful. Dungeons consist of people seeing them once then bum rushing through content as fast as possible AoE'ing down when they can. I can go on for ages with peoples half truths about WoW Classic- having done it when I was 18, people are in for a shock. You may not be grinding a dungeon but you will be spending 1-2hrs preparing for a raid by gathering flasks. People are still going to judge you on gear though instead of I numbers it'll be what t0, t1, t2 and t3 you wear.

Peak WoW for me was in WotLK doing the 10 man hard mode getting the Reins of the Ironbound Proto-Drake. That was the 2nd expansion. Hot take: Most people raving about classic were in their early teens when playing WoW and had no idea how much of a boring item gathering time sync vanilla used to be for raiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.